March 28, 2024, 11:52:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi Tornado Warning - Oklahoma - May 31, 2013  (Read 6175 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 31, 2013, 09:01:20 PM »

Tornado touches down west of Oklahoma City
Published May 31, 2013

DEVELOPING: A massive tornado touched down Friday, west of Oklahoma City, causing damage and trapping motorists, before heading toward Oklahoma City.

The National Weather Service issued a tornado emergency for the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. Weather service forecaster Daryl Williams said the emergency included Oklahoma City and some suburbs.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said motorists were injured in the Oklahoma City area and others were missing.

The National Weather Service issued a tornado emergency for the city's downtown, airport and several suburbs. The weather service issues an emergency if a storm with tornadoes is heading toward large metropolitan area. The warning covered Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City, which was evacuated at 6:30 p.m. while staff and passengers were taken to an underground tunnel until the threat passed, and there were no flights inbound or outbound.

Damage was reported Friday south of Interstate 40 near El Reno after the twister swept through a rural area. The Canadian County Sheriff's Office said it did not have any reports of injuries.

Funnels of various sizes touched the ground south of El Reno, 25 miles west of Oklahoma City. At other times funnel clouds remained aloft. Cameras showed debris in the air.

State police conducted rolling roadblocks to prevent motorists from driving into the storm as it approached Oklahoma City, which has a million people in the metro area.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/05/31/unstable-air-mass-prompts-tornado-watch-in-central-northeast-oklahoma/

6:00 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »

Tornado warning issued for St. Louis area
Published May 31, 2013

Severe thunderstorms are moving through the St. Louis area. Some of these storms will be capable of producing damaging winds, moderate -sized hail, and heavy downpours that may lead to flash flooding, Fox2Now.com reports.

A reported tornado touched down near Bellflower, MO.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/05/31/tornado-warning-issued-for-st-louis-area/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

Hubby is watching tornado live coverage on CNN.

I am off for a bite and a movie with a friend.  It is my hope that when I return I will learn that the danger will have passed and all in the tornado paths are safe.

Janet

6:40 PM PT

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/2-dead-when-tornado-hits-Oklahoma-City-area-4565042.php
2 dead when tornado hits Oklahoma City area
By SEAN MURPHY, Associated Press
Updated 7:13 pm, Friday, May 31, 2013

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Tornadoes rolled in from the prairie and slammed Oklahoma City and its suburbs on Friday, killing a mother and baby and crumbling cars and tractor-trailers along a major interstate.

The broad storm hit during the evening rush hour, causing havoc on Interstate 40, a major artery connecting suburbs east and west of the city. To the south, winds approaching 80 mph were forecast for Moore, where a top-of-the-scale EF5 tornado killed 24 on May 20.

Floodwaters up to 4 feet deep hampered rescue attempts and frequent lightning roiled the skies well after the main threat had passed to the east.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper Betsy Randolph said troopers found the bodies of a woman and an infant near their vehicle. Randolph said it's not known if the woman was driving into the storm when it hit around 7 p.m. Friday.

Emergency officials reported numerous injuries were reported in the area along I-40, and Randolph said there were toppled and wrecked cars littering the area. Troopers requested a number of ambulances at I-40 near Yukon, west of Oklahoma City.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »

At least 5 dead, dozens injured after tornadoes sweep through Oklahoma City area
Published June 01, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/06/01/unstable-air-mass-prompts-tornado-watch-in-central-northeast-oklahoma/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »

Heavy flooding an obstacle as rescuers try to survey damage in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornado
Published June 01, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/06/01/unstable-air-mass-prompts-tornado-watch-in-central-northeast-oklahoma/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »

Storm Chasers Tim Samaras, Paul Samaras and Carl Young Killed in Oklahoma Tornadoes
June 2, 2013

Storm chaser and meteorologist Tim Samaras, his storm chaser partner Carl Young, 45, and his son Paul Samaras, 24, were among the 11 people killed in the latest round of tornadoes and severe weather to hit Oklahoma Friday night, according to family members.

They were killed near El Reno in an EF3 tornado with winds up to 165 mph that ripped through the Oklahoma City area during rush hour.

"They put themselves in harm's way so that they can educate the public about the destructive power of these storms," Canadian County Undersheriff Chris West told the Associated Press.
Storm chaser and meteorologist Tim Samaras, his storm chaser partner Carl Young, 45, and his son Paul Samaras, 24, were among the 11 people killed in the latest round of tornadoes and severe weather to hit Oklahoma Friday night, according to family members.

They were killed near El Reno in an EF3 tornado with winds up to 165 mph that ripped through the Oklahoma City area during rush hour.

"They put themselves in harm's way so that they can educate the public about the destructive power of these storms," Canadian County Undersheriff Chris West told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/storm-chasers-tim-samaras-paul-samaras-carl-young/story?id=19308572#.UauyZMHTlXg

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/03/death-toll-climbs-to-18-in-oklahoma-tornado-outbreak/
Death toll climbs to 18 in Oklahoma tornado outbreak
June 3, 2013

The death toll climbed to 18 Monday as search crews recovered more bodies after an outbreak of tornadoes tore through the Oklahoma City area on May 31.

Among the victims are six children and twelve adults, including three veteran storm chasers.

The National Weather Service says five tornadoes touched down Friday, along with heavy rain that caused widespread flooding. Some victims have been difficult to find because their bodies floated away.

The Oklahoma City Fire Department says a 34-year-old woman remains missing.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/Concert-for-Oklahoma-tornado-victims-draws-big-names-214502421.html
Concert for Oklahoma tornado victims draws big names
July 6, 2013

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Thousands of people turned out for a Saturday concert benefiting Oklahoma tornado victims.
The star-studded concert featuring Oklahoma natives Toby Keith and Garth Brooks was sold out, with officials estimating a crowd of nearly 65,000, the Tulsa World reported (http://bit.ly/12NCAvn ).
The money raised from ticket sales benefits the United Way of Central Oklahoma. That organization has established a fund to aid victims of the tornadoes and violent storms that pummeled the state in May and killed dozens of people.
A separate benefit concert last month hosted by Oklahoma native country music star Blake Shelton raised more than $6 million in donations and pledges.
Saturday’s concert was organized by Keith, who was slated to perform later Saturday.
Brooks, meanwhile, took to the stage Saturday afternoon at the Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert at the University of Oklahoma’s Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
More...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.