March 29, 2024, 12:52:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786138 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/2014-photos_n_6391444.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

The 52 Best Photographs From Around The World In 2014

The Huffington Post    |  By  Katherine Brooks   

Posted:  12/29/2014 3:24 pm EST    Updated:  4 hours ago

49. DEC 1-7

TONOSHO, JAPAN - DECEMBER 2: Japanese macaques huddle at "Osaru no Kuni" (Monkey's land) of Shodo Island on December 2, 2014 in Tonosho, Kagawa, Japan. "Sarudango" (dumplings of monkeys) is a popular attraction for visitors. About 500 wild Japanese macaques reside in the nature preserve and are fed by the protected area's staff members.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »

Love it!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »

Texasmom....thanks for the wonderful picture.  I just spent some time looking at all the others in the link.

Happy New Year's Eve....hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.....the fireworks
started last night, so I figure we are due a lot more tonight.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »

Texasmom....thanks for the wonderful picture.  I just spent some time looking at all the others in the link.

Happy New Year's Eve....hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.....the fireworks
started last night, so I figure we are due a lot more tonight.

Happy New Year's Eve, Mere!   

You're welcome, I enjoyed many of the other pictures at the link too! 

Didn't hear any fireworks around us last night, but I bet we will tonight.  May the barking begin!   

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful evening ringing in the New Year!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »

Great photos TM - thank you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Please don't be driving tonight!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »

2014 - a Year in Review with Dana, Red and Blink!  Download podcast now!

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/12/31/the-dana-pretzer-show-wednesday-december-31-2014-happy-new-year-2014-a-year-in-review/
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »

HAPPY NEWS YEARS
Hope everyone has a safe New Years. That everyone is safe warm.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 06:08:50 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 12:53:14 PM »

Refugeesunleashed.net is no more, the site is officially gone now.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 08:43:05 PM »

Buh-bye!!!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »

SM Christmas 2007!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks, Klaas!

There are so many Monkeys missing.  They remain in my heart.  Each Monkey changed SM in some way.  Some Monkeys have not only left SM, but left the earth as well.  This brought tears to my eyes.  Thanks, Klaas for bringing them back so they are not forgotten.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/2014-photos_n_6391444.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

The 52 Best Photographs From Around The World In 2014

The Huffington Post    |  By  Katherine Brooks   

Posted:  12/29/2014 3:24 pm EST    Updated:  4 hours ago

49. DEC 1-7

TONOSHO, JAPAN - DECEMBER 2: Japanese macaques huddle at "Osaru no Kuni" (Monkey's land) of Shodo Island on December 2, 2014 in Tonosho, Kagawa, Japan. "Sarudango" (dumplings of monkeys) is a popular attraction for visitors. About 500 wild Japanese macaques reside in the nature preserve and are fed by the protected area's staff members.

Oh, so that's what happened to the banned Monkeys. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 03:55:44 PM »

I thought the internet smelled fresher.

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 08:00:03 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »

I thought the internet smelled fresher.

Monkey Devil!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 10:34:09 AM »

Hi Monkeys.....

Not sure how cold it is in your neck of the woods, but the deep South was 18 degrees overnight.  I was feeling good about
my nice warm home until I found out that there are electrical outtages all around.  I do hope everyone who is out there is
warm, and your electricity is holding out.

No TV and no internet so I dug out the old MiFi....lol. 

This looks like it might be a good year.  Gas is under $2 a gallon.  Must be time for a road trip...!!!

Hugs all....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »

Hi Monkeys.....

Not sure how cold it is in your neck of the woods, but the deep South was 18 degrees overnight.  I was feeling good about
my nice warm home until I found out that there are electrical outtages all around.  I do hope everyone who is out there is
warm, and your electricity is holding out.

No TV and no internet so I dug out the old MiFi....lol. 

This looks like it might be a good year.  Gas is under $2 a gallon.  Must be time for a road trip...!!!

Hugs all....

It is bad when it is so cold.  There are a lot of vulnerable people in this weather.  This summer, we needed to replace our heat pump, it was really hot in the house until it was replaced, but every time I get out of the car to go in the house, I thank God that it died in the summer, because we would never have survived without heat in this weather.  My prayers go out to all who are cold and have nowhere to go.  I hope someone takes them in.

Have a good time planning your trip.  Be careful of the weather and keep your gas tank full.  Keep some blankets, scarves, hats, and gloves in your car.  Don't forget to have a good time!  It is always good to see you Mere.  It is nice to see you are happy in your new place, it was a big move.  I am in awe of how fast you got things put away in time for guests.

I once made a caramel pie for a get together.  It tasted terrible.  I never thought to try it before I presented it to other people.  I was so upset.  The woman whose house it was asked me if I had tried it first.  When I said, no, I had not thought to do that, she kindly explained to me that it would be better to try things before bringing them anywhere.  I was very young and believe me, I never made that mistake again.  You could not even pretend to like that pie.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/books/article/Crime-writer-tackles-the-story-of-Texas-killing-6034054.php#/9

BOOKS

True-life horror story
Author examines three decades of murder along I-45 and the Texas killing fields

By Maggie GalehouseJanuary 22, 2015 Updated: January 24, 2015 2:00pm

Four corpses

The League City "killing fields" sit behind the Magnolia Creek Baptist Church on Calder Drive. Four female corpses were found here between 1983 and 1991, back when people dumped trash and building materials in the abandoned oil field. Tim Miller planted the first cross here around Christmas 1986, more than two years after his daughter, Laura Lynn Miller, disappeared after using a pay phone at a nearby convenience store. She was 16. Her body was found in the clearing in February 1986.

"They kept Laura's remains for three years before we could bury her," says Miller, 68, "so there wasn't a cemetery plot or headstone. That was Laura's little spot."

"I never wanted to start Equusearch," Miller confides. "I really didn't. I'd go out to that place on Calder Drive and I'd stand in front of her cross and break down and say, 'Laura, I can't come here anymore. I've got to get on with my life.' I'd be walking away, and I'd hear a voice that said, 'Don't quit, daddy.'"

Last September, the 30th anniversary of Laura's disappearance, Miller and his Equusearch volunteers wrapped the trees surrounding the crosses with gold ribbons tagged with the names of missing persons. The ribbons and tags still are here, weary survivors of the elements. Miller and his crew also planted crosses for the other three bodies found in clearing.

Heide Villareal Fye, a 25-year-old waitress and bartender, left her parents house in Dickinson on Oct. 7, 1983, to hitch a ride to Houston to see her boyfriend. The following April, her corpse was found in the clearing.

The other two bodies found here have never been identified; their crosses read Jane Doe and Janet Doe. But Mark Roland Stallings, already sentenced to life behind bars for a series of crimes, remains a prime suspect in the Janet Doe murder and two other murders in Fort Bend County.

Stallings was one of three men Casey interviewed in prison for her book. He told her he killed the woman now identified as Janet Doe, a teenage prostitute he strangled and dumped in the clearing.

"He was terrifying," says Casey, 64, who is married and lives in northwest Houston. "He's kept in a small prison in Woodville. He just sat there and in a very matter-of-fact tone told me why he murdered these women. He said these women didn't count. They didn't matter. He felt entitled, and he was unremorseful."

More pictures at the link

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.