March 28, 2024, 04:40:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 785969 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/books/article/Crime-writer-tackles-the-story-of-Texas-killing-6034054.php#/9

BOOKS

True-life horror story
Author examines three decades of murder along I-45 and the Texas killing fields

By Maggie GalehouseJanuary 22, 2015 Updated: January 24, 2015 2:00pm

Four corpses

The League City "killing fields" sit behind the Magnolia Creek Baptist Church on Calder Drive. Four female corpses were found here between 1983 and 1991, back when people dumped trash and building materials in the abandoned oil field. Tim Miller planted the first cross here around Christmas 1986, more than two years after his daughter, Laura Lynn Miller, disappeared after using a pay phone at a nearby convenience store. She was 16. Her body was found in the clearing in February 1986.

"They kept Laura's remains for three years before we could bury her," says Miller, 68, "so there wasn't a cemetery plot or headstone. That was Laura's little spot."

"I never wanted to start Equusearch," Miller confides. "I really didn't. I'd go out to that place on Calder Drive and I'd stand in front of her cross and break down and say, 'Laura, I can't come here anymore. I've got to get on with my life.' I'd be walking away, and I'd hear a voice that said, 'Don't quit, daddy.'"

Last September, the 30th anniversary of Laura's disappearance, Miller and his Equusearch volunteers wrapped the trees surrounding the crosses with gold ribbons tagged with the names of missing persons. The ribbons and tags still are here, weary survivors of the elements. Miller and his crew also planted crosses for the other three bodies found in clearing.

Heide Villareal Fye, a 25-year-old waitress and bartender, left her parents house in Dickinson on Oct. 7, 1983, to hitch a ride to Houston to see her boyfriend. The following April, her corpse was found in the clearing.

The other two bodies found here have never been identified; their crosses read Jane Doe and Janet Doe. But Mark Roland Stallings, already sentenced to life behind bars for a series of crimes, remains a prime suspect in the Janet Doe murder and two other murders in Fort Bend County.

Stallings was one of three men Casey interviewed in prison for her book. He told her he killed the woman now identified as Janet Doe, a teenage prostitute he strangled and dumped in the clearing.

"He was terrifying," says Casey, 64, who is married and lives in northwest Houston. "He's kept in a small prison in Woodville. He just sat there and in a very matter-of-fact tone told me why he murdered these women. He said these women didn't count. They didn't matter. He felt entitled, and he was unremorseful."

More pictures at the link

I have always wondered if Tim Miller ever investigated this case:  http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/goad_kathy.html

Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad
Missing Since November 11, 1982

Kathy was married to my brother's best friend.  They moved from here to Texas.  Her body has never been found.  They had a suspect but back then bringing a murder charge without a body just didn't happen.

I really don't know if Kathy's parents are still alive but if one or both are I know it would be a great relief to know what happened to her.  Most articles I read about her disappearance was the police were not very concerned with solving this case.  A local sheriff made several trips down there with a dog from a Pennsylvania policeman to see if he could find what lake her body was disposed in.

I know her disappearance happened before Tim's daughter was murdered but I have always wondered if he had ever handled anything with this case.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »

Here is an article that appeared in our local newspaper back in July 1983:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1696&dat=19830715&id=uO8aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PkcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3606,2393816

"Search for Kathy Goad's body continues"

Park City Daily News
July 15, 1983

So many years have passed that I doubt this case will ever be solved.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »

Here is an article that appeared in our local newspaper back in July 1983:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1696&dat=19830715&id=uO8aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PkcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3606,2393816

"Search for Kathy Goad's body continues"

Park City Daily News
July 15, 1983

So many years have passed that I doubt this case will ever be solved.

One more thing.  Both Kathy's parents are dead.  The detective from here, Glen Wood, is dead also.  Kathy was an only child.  It really doesn't look good that this will ever be solved.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »

13 inches of snow in Kentucky----------------haven't had this much snow since 1968.

Mere, your old hometown is getting 21" of snow.

Wednesday night the low is supposed to be -8 degrees.  Won't be above freezing until Saturday.

Thank goodness for a fire in the stove.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »

13 inches of snow in Kentucky----------------haven't had this much snow since 1968.

Mere, your old hometown is getting 21" of snow.

Wednesday night the low is supposed to be -8 degrees.  Won't be above freezing until Saturday.

Thank goodness for a fire in the stove.

Oh, the snow is not finished.  Will have 15-18" before it is over.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »

Blue Moon.....I came looking for you....lol.  Friends are sending pictures.  It looks like everything is covered.  Hard to
tell where the streets are, and I am sure that only the major streets are plowed.  Wonder how the hospital staff
got in to work.

One of the pictures involved an ambulance, but I dont know where it was taken.

Tomorrow is Mardi Gras.  How my life has changed.....but I think of you often.

Will see what I can find in the local paper in the morning.

Keep warm.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:42 PM »

Blue Moon.....I came looking for you....lol.  Friends are sending pictures.  It looks like everything is covered.  Hard to
tell where the streets are, and I am sure that only the major streets are plowed.  Wonder how the hospital staff
got in to work.

One of the pictures involved an ambulance, but I dont know where it was taken.

Tomorrow is Mardi Gras.  How my life has changed.....but I think of you often.

Will see what I can find in the local paper in the morning.

Keep warm.....

I just learned this afternoon how I am not a spring-chicken anymore.  My and hubby got out and shoveled the driveway.  I cleared a path from the garage to the road.  We waited until the plow truck came through before we started. Well I was so proud to make it to the end of the driveway (big accomplishment for an old person) and what happens-----the plow comes through on my side of the road and he was going so fast it threw the snow up in the air right back into the path I had just cleared.  Time to start over!!

Wednesday night it is supposed to get down to -11 degrees.  Now that is just plain cold.

The roads are a mess.  The interstate and the parkway is not clear and they have a state of emergency out for Kentucky.  Tennessee got freezing rain and sleet and it is perilous down there.  Of course no one around here knows how to drive in this.

I have some pics I will post later on.

Enjoy Mardi Gras.        

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »

Well good afternoon....Mardi Gras started in the 30s but no rain....so that counts as all good.
Bourbon Street and the Quarter are packed.  I know this because I watch TV....lolol.  I have bad knees and could
not make it into the Quarter without a walker....and the crowds would think that is my costume...!!!

I would like to ask my monkey friends if anyone can tell me about experience with total knee surgery.  I am facing
that next month....and I would love to begin some notes on what to do to get ready.

Blue Moon....I cant believe you were shoveling so much snow.  Could you just kill the snowplow man when he comes back right after you are finished.  I believe the movie is Snow Day.  I had it on in the background recently.  Your experience reminds me of that movie.  Dont go get it though...I think it is a one star movie.

Going back to look for KY pictures.......

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/theblaze/photos/a.207933762577305.45436.140738092630206/852706791433329/?type=1&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 04:56:24 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below to listen at 9pm ET

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2015, 09:20:13 PM »

http://www.wsvn.com/story/28563961/hollywood-police-searching-for-missing-3-year-old

could we start a page on this child please!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2015, 07:30:02 AM »

Link back to thread Klaas started in Missing Persons: 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15610.0
Ahizya Osceola 3yrs old missing from Hollywood Florida 3/19/15

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2015, 09:43:35 AM »

Sad outcome in that case. 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

an angelic monkey  Hi Monkeys, I hope I don't upset CBB or her family for posting this.  BUT I thought of you guys as soon as I knew we need prayers!!  CBB has been battling some health issues lately and is now in ICU with double pneumonia.  Please pray for her and her family. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »

an angelic monkey  Hi Monkeys, I hope I don't upset CBB or her family for posting this.  BUT I thought of you guys as soon as I knew we need prayers!!  CBB has been battling some health issues lately and is now in ICU with double pneumonia.  Please pray for her and her family. 

KCJackie,  Prayers and hugs headed her way now.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

Thank you for letting us know, KCJackie.  This breaks my heart!

Dear Father,  Please place your healing hand on our dear sweet friend, CBB.  Wrap your arms around her family during this time and help them get through, give them the strength to support her and love her through this.  Guide the hands of those caring for her, that she may be completely healed, and back home soon with those that love her.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »

Thank you so much.  I have come looking for news on CBB almost every day.  Wishing the best to her and her family!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.