April 18, 2024, 08:54:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 788099 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »

Morning Monkeys!

Has anyone heard how CBB is progressing?  Wishing her well.   an angelic monkey

Mere - Thinking of you and hope this past couple of weeks since we last heard from you, has
           brought substantial healing and advancement to your full recovery.   an angelic monkey

Well....today was six weeks post op and I went into the city to have my leg checked.  Got an A+ from
the P.A. who could not believe how well I was walking and how much I could flex and extend my leg......it was back to normal...... and she told me that I could stop PT unless I wanted to continue for strength purposes. 

I am walking now and using a cane for longer distances.
I will continue with PT and learn some new tricks....like climbing stairs to post office and going into Olive Garden....lol.  I do expect another six weeks of muscle strengthening.  They took x-rays of both legs.  It certainly shows the difference.

So.....for all of you who have supported me, thank you so much.....

Hi Mere,

So happy to see you are doing well.  I think it's a good idea to continue PT for another six weeks.  You will be amazed how much you could strengthen your leg.

Looking forward to your next update when you tell us you are jogging around the block 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #201 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

Morning Monkeys!

Mere - Thinking of you and hope this past couple of weeks since we last heard from you, has
           brought substantial healing and advancement to your full recovery.   an angelic monkey

Well....today was six weeks post op and I went into the city to have my leg checked.  Got an A+ from
the P.A. who could not believe how well I was walking and how much I could flex and extend my leg......it was back to normal...... and she told me that I could stop PT unless I wanted to continue for strength purposes. 

I will continue with PT and learn some new tricks....like climbing stairs to post office and going into Olive Garden....lol.  I do expect another six weeks of muscle strengthening.  They took x-rays of both legs.  It certainly shows the difference.

That is wonderful news Mere

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2015, 12:02:24 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

Morning Monkeys!

Best of luck on your road to recovery. Having had two knee surgeries and 3 on my ankle ... I feel your pain. 

Keep up the PT, even when you feel like you don't want to. Praying you are back on the mend in no time. Best of luck!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2015, 05:00:29 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

This is great news, Mere!    I knew you'd get there!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:25 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

I am so glad you are on the road to recovery.  Keep it up.  Now, go out and enjoy the summer!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »

Evening Monkeys

I know we have a lot of Texas Monkeys. Having some severe weather tonight in Texas. Prayers everyone's safe and not in any of the tornado paths. Everyone stay safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »

Evening Monkeys

I know we have a lot of Texas Monkeys. Having some severe weather tonight in Texas. Prayers everyone's safe and not in any of the tornado paths. Everyone stay safe.

Thanks GE!   

Hopefully the storms are over for a while in my area. 

Thankful we're ok, and hope all of our other Texas monkeys are too!

We've had a few scary nights, and way too much rain.  Much cooler tonight too.  Looking forward to a few days of sun now!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »

Evening Monkeys

Thanks GE!   

Hopefully the storms are over for a while in my area. 

Thankful we're ok, and hope all of our other Texas monkeys are too!

We've had a few scary nights, and way too much rain.  Much cooler tonight too.  Looking forward to a few days of sun now!

I hear you texasmom. It was very cool here yesterday. Today is beautiful with sunny skies. Think the rain is gone for awhile. Glad you and your family are okay. Hope you enjoy the sunshine.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »

Okay Blue Moon......thinking of you.....who do you want in the Derby?

I looked at the list of names and chose Carpe Diem.....for one of our old monkeys.....lolol.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2015, 05:12:43 PM »

Okay....off to week 7 of total knee replacement.....

This is a tough surgery, but it is getting so much better.  I am walking without assistance...although I keep the cane in the car in the event I see a curb that might need some help.

I have a small ice chest with Zip-loc bags right next to my bed.  Ice is just super for pain management. 

On the plus side, I have lost 30 pounds.  This really helps as I needed to knock off some extra weight.

At the height of pain management.....I was taking 1/2 pain pill about every 4 - 6 hours.  At the last doctor's visit, the
P.A. told me to change meds and go to a stronger dose and see if I could take one whole pill every 10 or so hours.
She was so right.  I now take one pill every 12 hours....and it works.

Of course, pain medicine is not good for staying "regular"....so I can speak on that subject also....lolol.

I feel pretty old for all of this, but I think it will be worth it.

Big hugs to all of you......Mere

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »

Okay Blue Moon......thinking of you.....who do you want in the Derby?

I looked at the list of names and chose Carpe Diem.....for one of our old monkeys.....lolol.

You know, I haven't even bothered following the derby this year.  All I know is the traffic between here and Louisville is absolutely horrible.  I have never gone to the Derby (my parents would never allow it---too many wild parties in the in-field.   
I have only been to Mammoth Cave once (when I was a freshman in high school).  Lots of great sights in Kentucky but I guess living within driving distance takes the fun out of a "road trip".

Hope you are still doing good Mere.  (Carpe Diem came in 10th) If I had to pick one it would have been Danzig Moon!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2015, 11:00:26 PM »

This is a tough surgery, but it is getting so much better.  I am walking without assistance...although I keep the cane in the car in the event I see a curb that might need some help.

I have a small ice chest with Zip-loc bags right next to my bed.  Ice is just super for pain management. 

On the plus side, I have lost 30 pounds.  This really helps as I needed to knock off some extra weight.

At the height of pain management.....I was taking 1/2 pain pill about every 4 - 6 hours.  At the last doctor's visit, the
P.A. told me to change meds and go to a stronger dose and see if I could take one whole pill every 10 or so hours.

Of course, pain medicine is not good for staying "regular"....so I can speak on that subject also....lolol.

Hi Mere,

To walk without pain makes it all worth it.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the update.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2015, 12:42:41 PM »

Thank you for the update Mere.

Glad you're doing so well.  Your sense of humor must be a help too!

an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

I'm so proud you're getting there, Mere!   

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on your recovery!  You're doing great.

If you can have it, try a snickers bar with a hot cup of coffee.   

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2015, 09:58:04 PM »

omg texasmom....does this really work?  lolol   I will be over at the Shell station with the candy bar...and the hot coffee...in the morning.....

"If you can have it, try a snickers bar with a hot cup of coffee."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »

omg texasmom....does this really work?  lolol   I will be over at the Shell station with the candy bar...and the hot coffee...in the morning.....

Yes, Mere.  That's a home remedy passed down from my grandma, and my momma.  Hope it worked for you!   

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »

Yes, Mere.  That's a home remedy passed down from my grandma, and my momma.  Hope it worked for you!   

What a wonderful excuse to have a snickers bar!  lol   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.