April 16, 2024, 01:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 787857 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »

Memorial Day – 2015: A Debt We Can Never Repay … Remembering, Thanking & Honoring Our Military Heroes For Their Service & Sacrifice

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/05/25/memorial-day-2015-a-debt-we-can-never-repay-remembering-thanking-honoring-our-military-heroes-for-their-service-sacrifice/

REMEMBERING AND HONORING OUR MILITARY HEROES WHO GAVE ALL … BECAUSE FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE.

On this Memorial Day 2015, Scared Monkeys sends a special thank you to all of the military men, woman and their families who have sacrificed their lives to that We, the United States of America, remain the home of the free because of the brave. We thank from the bottom of our hearts those who we can no longer thank in person for their sacrifice to this great Country. Thank you and God Bless you, we shall never forget you your service and sacrifice.

Please take time today to remember what this day is truly about and the men and women that we have lost.

A thank you to all that made the greatest sacrifice for us. May we honor your sacrifices and make you proud.

I think your Uncle Red is very proud, Red.   

Thank you and your family for his service, and your sacrifice. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2015, 04:42:24 AM »

Memorial Day – 2015: A Debt We Can Never Repay … Remembering, Thanking & Honoring Our Military Heroes For Their Service & Sacrifice

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/05/25/memorial-day-2015-a-debt-we-can-never-repay-remembering-thanking-honoring-our-military-heroes-for-their-service-sacrifice/

REMEMBERING AND HONORING OUR MILITARY HEROES WHO GAVE ALL … BECAUSE FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE.

On this Memorial Day 2015, Scared Monkeys sends a special thank you to all of the military men, woman and their families who have sacrificed their lives to that We, the United States of America, remain the home of the free because of the brave. We thank from the bottom of our hearts those who we can no longer thank in person for their sacrifice to this great Country. Thank you and God Bless you, we shall never forget you your service and sacrifice.

Please take time today to remember what this day is truly about and the men and women that we have lost.

A thank you to all that made the greatest sacrifice for us. May we honor your sacrifices and make you proud.

I think your Uncle Red is very proud, Red.   

Thank you and your family for his service, and your sacrifice. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2015, 04:49:51 AM »

Muffy  How are you and your family holding up.  Prayers for everyone in all the states that are getting slammed with the rain.  an angelic monkey Our local weather men are saying another 3 weeks of rain.  I think the only place in Texas that isn't getting rain is El Paso.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »

This call goes out to all Texas monkeys-----My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Texas.  The flooding there reminds me of the flooding Nashville, TN received a couple years ago.  Stay safe, keep dry (if you can), and I send my prayers to all of you affected by this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »

If the weather channel is right. Today should be the last day of rain here in Texas & Oklahoma for awhile. If their math is right about the amount of rain here. There was enough rain that fail that the whole state of Texas could have 8 inches of water on the ground. That's the whole state. That's a lot of rain. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »

If the weather channel is right. Today should be the last day of rain here in Texas & Oklahoma for awhile. If their math is right about the amount of rain here. There was enough rain that fail that the whole state of Texas could have 8 inches of water on the ground. That's the whole state. That's a lot of rain. 

It's raining in my area in Texas right now.  I was hoping it would let up, so the searches along the Blanco River could continue...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:00 AM »

It's raining in my area in Texas right now.  I was hoping it would let up, so the searches along the Blanco River could continue...

I know Muffy. But today is a dry day. Praying the searchers find the rest of the missing people soon. So many have been impacted by all the rain this month.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2015, 09:53:20 PM »

Tell us something we don't already know ... Study Says Chimps have mental skills to cook.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/chimps-mental-skills-cook-study-230355185.html#6C3KTCg

Why else would Monkeys come up with a cookbook?

They're not likely to start barbecuing in the rainforest, but chimpanzees can understand the concept of cooking and are willing to postpone eating raw food, even carrying food some distance to cook it rather than eat immediately, scientists reported on Tuesday.

The findings, based on nine experiments conducted at the Tchimpounga Sanctuary in Republic of Congo and published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B, suggest that chimps have all the brainpower needed to cook, including planning, causal understanding, and ability to postpone gratification.

They do lack the ability to produce fire. But if they were given a source of heat, chimps "might be quite able to manipulate (it) to cook," said developmental psychologist Felix Warneken of Harvard University, who conducted the study with Alexandra Rosati.

Whilst the finding may seem esoteric, it lends support to the idea that cooking accelerated human evolution. Cooked food is easier to digest, spurring the growth of large brains in our australopithecine ancestors, Harvard's Richard Wrangham proposed about a decade ago.

If chimps have the cognitive skills to cook, australopithecines likely did, too, said Wrangham, who was not involved in the study: "It suggests that with a little extra brainpower, australopithecines could indeed have found a way to use fire to cook food."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »

Good one Red!      
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »

Good one Red!      

YEP

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

me confused -- I thought eating raw veggies, etc. was better for me.
Me going to rainforest and learn from monkeys!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

me confused -- I thought eating raw veggies, etc. was better for me.
Me going to rainforest and learn from monkeys!

2 4 1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2015, 08:02:21 AM »

I hope all the Monkeys & their families are doing well, and everyone made it thru all the bad weather.

Hoping to be able to have youngest grandson spend some time with us this summer. So proud of my second oldest granddaughter in California. She is going back to Haiti on her second missionary trip. She has blossomed into a loving caring young lady.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »

Hello Monkeys....been missing everyone.....

Have family in Katy and San Antonio and have been spending much time reading weather reports the past few weeks.  I do hope that everyone is okay.

Daughter is in Texas now.  She and hubs are attending wedding (soon), and daughter is decorating the wedding cake.
She told me she was going to go to Austin and then San Marcos and then San Antonio.  Of course the plans were made well before the rains, and I was worried about them.  Apparently the traffic in that area is awful, but the water was not a problem on the Interstates.  They are enjoying themselves..!

Would like you all to know that I am almost three months post-op total knee replacement and have been
to see surgeon this week.  Got an A+ on everything.  Seems to be better each week.....no cane or walker for some time now.....and I saw him tell the residents to look how well I was walking....lol.  He does want
me to use the Mederma scar cream ($25 a tube) and also to use sunscreen whenever I am out.  Poor man does not realize that I will probably keloid and that the red scar will be here forever....lol.  Anyhow....I do not see him again for three months.  The only thing I can say is that I do not have the same stamina I had before.....but hoping to improve.

GE I am so happy for your grandchildren.  Please let us know how GD does in Haiti.....and GS visiting you.
We never could go see anyone when we were kids as everyone lived within a few blocks of us....!  Maybe that is why I love to get in the car and go....whenever I can.  In fact, thinking of where the next road trip may take me.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »

Have family in Katy and San Antonio and have been spending much time reading weather reports the past few weeks.  I do hope that everyone is okay.

Daughter is in Texas now.  She and hubs are attending wedding (soon), and daughter is decorating the wedding cake.
She told me she was going to go to Austin and then San Marcos and then San Antonio.  Of course the plans were made well before the rains, and I was worried about them.  Apparently the traffic in that area is awful, but the water was not a problem on the Interstates.  They are enjoying themselves..!

Would like you all to know that I am almost three months post-op total knee replacement and have been
to see surgeon this week.  Got an A+ on everything.  Seems to be better each week.....no cane or walker for some time now.....and I saw him tell the residents to look how well I was walking....lol.  He does want
me to use the Mederma scar cream ($25 a tube) and also to use sunscreen whenever I am out.  Poor man does not realize that I will probably keloid and that the red scar will be here forever....lol.  Anyhow....I do not see him again for three months.  The only thing I can say is that I do not have the same stamina I had before.....but hoping to improve.

GE I am so happy for your grandchildren.  Please let us know how GD does in Haiti.....and GS visiting you.
We never could go see anyone when we were kids as everyone lived within a few blocks of us....!  Maybe that is why I love to get in the car and go....whenever I can.  In fact, thinking of where the next road trip may take me.   

So glad to see your update, Mere!   

I knew you'd do great!  Hopefully your stamina will improve with more time too. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »

I just knew you'd get an A+!  You are an over achiever for sure!  You'll have your stamina back to 100% in no time at all.  You must be doing good if you are thinking about a road trip.

Glad to hear your daughter and son in law are doing good on their trip to Texas.  The weather has been scary for the midwest!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:59 PM »

I hope all the Monkeys & their families are doing well, and everyone made it thru all the bad weather.

Hoping to be able to have youngest grandson spend some time with us this summer. So proud of my second oldest granddaughter in California. She is going back to Haiti on her second missionary trip. She has blossomed into a loving caring young lady.

You have to be so proud of your granddaughter, she sounds like a wonderful young woman!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2015, 05:57:57 AM »

Mere what wonderful news about your knee.  I am sure you will get your strength back in time.  Granddaughter was happy she didn't have to have any shots this time. Last year she felt like a pincushion. Grandson lives in the next  town over from us. I love having him here as he keeps me motivated. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2015, 06:02:12 AM »

You have to be so proud of your granddaughter, she sounds like a wonderful young woman!

I am proud of her. The difference in her personality after going last year has been wonderful to watch her grow. Going from a shy teen that hardly ever talked. To one that is out going and loves to be around children.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.