March 28, 2024, 10:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786000 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »

Mere, lovely to hear you have made such terrific progress.  Hope to hear soon about a road trip adventure.

GE - Wonderful to hear your granddaughter has blossomed so.  Bless her heart.   an angelic monkey
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »

Hello Monkeys....been missing everyone.....

Have family in Katy and San Antonio and have been spending much time reading weather reports the past few weeks.  I do hope that everyone is okay.

Daughter is in Texas now.  She and hubs are attending wedding (soon), and daughter is decorating the wedding cake.
She told me she was going to go to Austin and then San Marcos and then San Antonio.  Of course the plans were made well before the rains, and I was worried about them.  Apparently the traffic in that area is awful, but the water was not a problem on the Interstates.  They are enjoying themselves..!

Would like you all to know that I am almost three months post-op total knee replacement and have been
to see surgeon this week.  Got an A+ on everything.  Seems to be better each week.....no cane or walker for some time now.....and I saw him tell the residents to look how well I was walking....lol.  He does want
me to use the Mederma scar cream ($25 a tube) and also to use sunscreen whenever I am out.  Poor man does not realize that I will probably keloid and that the red scar will be here forever....lol.  Anyhow....I do not see him again for three months.  The only thing I can say is that I do not have the same stamina I had before.....but hoping to improve.

GE I am so happy for your grandchildren.  Please let us know how GD does in Haiti.....and GS visiting you.
We never could go see anyone when we were kids as everyone lived within a few blocks of us....!  Maybe that is why I love to get in the car and go....whenever I can.  In fact, thinking of where the next road trip may take me.   

So glad to hear your good news.  Enjoy your summer and all those road trips you wouldn't be taking if you hadn't had the surgery.

We are planning our next road trip back out west.  Going to take highway 89 from Glacier National Park all the way down to Arizona.  It runs through 6 national parks from the border of Canada to the border of Mexico.  Can't wait. 

I was really worried about my cousins in Texas.  Emailed her and she finally responded a couple days later.  Said they were o.k. Both her and her father live at areas near lakes but she said because they had droughts the last couple of years they both are full now but not flooding.  Said that is the only thing that saved them.

Green Eyes, I know you have to be so proud of your GD.  In this day and age it is so refreshing to hear of young people doing so much good in this world.

I posted this on FB today, it really tore me up:  https://youtu.be/u0jy7KFP6X0

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2015, 12:56:11 AM »

Hello Texas monkeys.......something working up in the Gulf.....on the Texas side....could also affect Louisiana....looks like lots of rain.....possible flooding.  DD and SIL are heading home in the morning.

Will go see if I can find some good information.......

Well this is a good site and could be used to watch now and the future.....mouse over the X for additional information....  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:59:51 AM by Mere » Logged

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »

Hello Texas monkeys.......something working up in the Gulf.....on the Texas side....could also affect Louisiana....looks like lots of rain.....possible flooding.  DD and SIL are heading home in the morning.

Well this is a good site and could be used to watch now and the future.....mouse over the X for additional information....  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Bill has landed Mere.   Rain and more rain. More flooding and road closures here in North Texas. But pretty much from the gulf all the way up the state. We have had about 5 inches of rain since last night.

Wish we could send some to you out in California Klaas.  Not so much so fast, I would be afraid that all the burnt out hill sides would slide down.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:54 PM »

Bill has landed Mere.   Rain and more rain. More flooding and road closures here in North Texas. But pretty much from the gulf all the way up the state. We have had about 5 inches of rain since last night.

Wish we could send some to you out in California Klaas.  Not so much so fast, I would be afraid that all the burnt out hill sides would slide down.   

We (humans) need to find a good way to capture excess water and distribute in areas that need it, like California.   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2015, 08:12:07 AM »

We (humans) need to find a good way to capture excess water and distribute in areas that need it, like California.   

for real klaas . . .

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »

Klaas

Your words mirrored hubby's while he was watching a program yesterday regarding the California drought.

Janet

Community, farmers face water cut-off after California drought decision
Published June 17, 2015

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/17/california-cuts-off-water-to-community-farmers-in-unprecedented-drought-move/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2015, 12:58:03 PM »

It has always puzzled me why desalinization plants were never set up and piped the water to areas like oil and gas are. Its a shame that water has got to the issue like it is in CA. There are many reasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Desalination

The whole Global warming nonsense is a myth. That has nothing to do with Cali's issues. Farming has boomed in California since the early 1900's and more and more people are living in areas that were once barren.

Man needs to look at environmental policies before they need to just blame it on Global warming.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/16/man-made-disaster-critics-say-california-drought-caused-by-misguided/

In an average year, California gets enough snow and rain to put 200 million acres under a foot of water, but environmental opposition to dams over the last several decades has allowed the majority of the freshwater to flow into the ocean, even as the state’s population exploded to nearly 40 million people. The current drought has left farms parched and residents under strict water consumption orders, but some say it didn't have to be that way.

But the vast majority of the state’s 1,400 dams and reservoirs, in the two massive systems and smaller ones that supply southern California, were built well before the 1980s. Environmentalists have since stopped the construction of water storage and delivery systems through legal and political actions. They have also fought to ensure that captured water is released into streams and the ocean -- rather than the water delivery system -- in order to boost fish populations and dilute the salinity of the delta.

“Droughts are nothing new in California, but right now, 70 percent of California's rainfall washes out to sea because liberals have prevented the construction of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades, during a period in which California’s population has doubled,” said Carly Fiorina, former CEO of Hewlett Packard and likely GOP presidential candidate. “This is the classic case of liberals being willing to sacrifice other people's lives and livelihoods at the altar of their ideology.”

Let's hope common sense one day beats environmental-wackos and their failed science and policies for all Californians sake.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2015, 08:30:17 AM »

Red - they are building some desalinization plants, just not enough or fast enough.  This one in Carlsbad is ahead of schedule:

http://carlsbaddesal.com/

They are talking about building one maybe where the San Onfre Nuclear Power Plant or further north.  It's quite costly from what I hear.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2015, 03:36:16 PM »

Looks like the Gratefulness.org website is no longer.  There is another site:  http://www.lightingacandle.org/Lighting/intro/default  May need to start all new candles for ones that were previously on the Gratefulness site. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2015, 07:18:24 AM »

Looks like the Gratefulness.org website is no longer.  There is another site:  http://www.lightingacandle.org/Lighting/intro/default  May need to start all new candles for ones that were previously on the Gratefulness site. 

Thank You so much Klaas.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET tonight!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »

What a morning. Took granddaughter to work and on the way home stopped to fill the gas tank in my car. Then I couldn't find my bank card.  Came home dumped my purse out going though everything no card. Starting to panic just thinking about the hassle of cancelling and changing all my accounts. Trying to remember when I used it last. Thinking I hadn't used it since the beginning of the week. When duh I used at the gas station by the house to get hubs his beer & cigs last night. So I hopped back in the car and went to the station. As soon as I walked in the young man smiled and said we were wondering when you were going to come get it. Thank you Lord. Living in a small community as it's perks.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »

What a morning. Took granddaughter to work and on the way home stopped to fill the gas tank in my car. Then I couldn't find my bank card.  Came home dumped my purse out going though everything no card. Starting to panic just thinking about the hassle of cancelling and changing all my accounts. Trying to remember when I used it last. Thinking I hadn't used it since the beginning of the week. When duh I used at the gas station by the house to get hubs his beer & cigs last night. So I hopped back in the car and went to the station. As soon as I walked in the young man smiled and said we were wondering when you were going to come get it. Thank you Lord. Living in a small community as it's perks.   

That is such a horrible feeling!  Happened to me once too and luckily, I had just left it at a watch store I had been to the same day and the owner kept it safe for me.  What a relief you were able to get yours back!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2015, 03:13:29 PM »

That is such a horrible feeling!  Happened to me once too and luckily, I had just left it at a watch store I had been to the same day and the owner kept it safe for me.  What a relief you were able to get yours back!

It is a horrible feeling. I am really happy I left it there and didn't lose it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2015, 11:45:03 AM »

HAPPY 4th of JULY 
To all the Monkeys. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »

Wishing everyone a happy and safe July 4th!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE   

https://youtu.be/PvPgYLhOq24

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »

Happy birthday U.S.A.!!!!  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #279 on: July 04, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.