March 28, 2024, 01:39:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 785957 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2015, 11:56:47 PM »

Praying all monkeys are safe from the wildfires.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2015, 01:14:09 PM »

Good Morning all......went into the city for my 6 months post-op check-up on knee (total knee replacement) and received gold stars....lol.  To be truthful, I found it really tough at the beginning and now I dont think about the knee at all....unless the dog jumps up to play.  I saw the doctor look at the other knee, and I told him to just "forget it"....the right knee has been a winner, and I am walking up and down steps and doing so well, there is no need to have another.

Since I have been in the city for the doctor visits and also for the high school ladies luncheons, I have seen much of the renewal of the city which has taken place after Katrina.  I should take pictures next time
as the houses are now being built higher in areas near the levees....but the homes are beautiful.  This is
in the suburban areas.  I have not been into the inner city, but friends tell me that some parts are doing well and others not so much.

How is everyone now that kids are back to school.  It is cooler here after having days of 100+.  I think
October is our nicest month and it is right around the corner.  Today is sunny and 80 degrees and the A/C is off...!!!

I am cooking again, and today is a shrimp and crawfish etouffee.  I also copied a recipe for "the best potato soup ever".  It is a large batch, and I dont think potato soup will freeze well, so I will be adjusting
it.

Does anyone have any recipes that are "the best"?

Hugs to all....Mere
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:16:29 PM by Mere » Logged

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »

Good Morning all......went into the city for my 6 months post-op check-up on knee (total knee replacement) and received gold stars....lol.  To be truthful, I found it really tough at the beginning and now I dont think about the knee at all....unless the dog jumps up to play.  I saw the doctor look at the other knee, and I told him to just "forget it"....the right knee has been a winner, and I am walking up and down steps and doing so well, there is no need to have another.

Since I have been in the city for the doctor visits and also for the high school ladies luncheons, I have seen much of the renewal of the city which has taken place after Katrina.  I should take pictures next time
as the houses are now being built higher in areas near the levees....but the homes are beautiful.  This is
in the suburban areas.  I have not been into the inner city, but friends tell me that some parts are doing well and others not so much.

How is everyone now that kids are back to school.  It is cooler here after having days of 100+.  I think
October is our nicest month and it is right around the corner.  Today is sunny and 80 degrees and the A/C is off...!!!

I am cooking again, and today is a shrimp and crawfish etouffee.  I also copied a recipe for "the best potato soup ever".  It is a large batch, and I dont think potato soup will freeze well, so I will be adjusting
it.

Does anyone have any recipes that are "the best"?

Hugs to all....Mere

So glad you're doing so well, Mere!     I knew you would though, you're one strong lady.   

It's a little cooler here but not much, still have the a/c on full blast.    

We had one really nice breezy day when it wasn't hot at all, but that's it.  Back to hot and humid, and just enough rain to make it more humid.

One of our favorites for when it does cool off is taco soup.

I use about a pound and a half of ground chuck, brown it with a chopped onion and minced garlic.  Drain.  Add a can of (pureed) whole peeled tomatoes, and a can of rotel tomatoes and stir, add a taco seasoning packet and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing Mix, and stir real good.  Then I add a can of (I drain and rinse these) black beans, red kidney beans, and shoepeg corn.  Let simmer until it comes to a good boil, and it's ready to eat.  We like it with cornbread or corn chips. 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »

Hope all is good with all of you!
Klaas...Hi!

Have I missed anything? Everybody still here and going ok?

Hey Cookie!!!   I have been locked out of the site for what feels like years.    Forgot my password.  Finally had enough sense to contact someone via the facebook page.   Feels so good to be back....but looks as if people are not here as much.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2015, 08:23:31 AM »

Hope all is good with all of you!
Klaas...Hi!

Have I missed anything? Everybody still here and going ok?

Hey Cookie!!!   I have been locked out of the site for what feels like years.    Forgot my password.  Finally had enough sense to contact someone via the facebook page.   Feels so good to be back....but looks as if people are not here as much.

Hi Terri - not too many people posting these days sadly.  I think most are on Facebook.  If you ever need to get back into the forum you can always email me at smklaas@hotmail.com.

Good to see you!

FYI - just curious who you emailed on FB to get back into the forum?  I don't think there's anyone besides me on FB and I'm locked out of my Scared Monkeys FB  page because FB wants a photo ID, LOL. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 22, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET

Click on the link below at 9pm ET to listen to the show!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »

Evening Monkeys   Hope everyone's doing well. Continued Prayers for all that need them.

It's been a long summer here. Just busy with family with one thing or another.  My youngest son is coming for a visit in Nov. Just a short one will be here on a Thursday evening and leave Sunday morning. Looks like we will be having our Thanksgiving early this year.

Prayers for all the people in Oregon that were hurt or killed bye another unbalanced human. May the ones he killed Rest in Peace and may all the families find some kind of Peace.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2015, 12:37:31 AM »

Evening Monkeys   Hope everyone's doing well. Continued Prayers for all that need them.

It's been a long summer here. Just busy with family with one thing or another.  My youngest son is coming for a visit in Nov. Just a short one will be here on a Thursday evening and leave Sunday morning. Looks like we will be having our Thanksgiving early this year.

Prayers for all the people in Oregon that were hurt or killed bye another unbalanced human. May the ones he killed Rest in Peace and may all the families find some kind of Peace.  an angelic monkey

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: October 04, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »

Hi Green Eyes.....speaking of Thanksgiving....lol....some family members have hinted about Thanksgiving, but I told them about the absolutely wonderful buffet at the local french restaurant.  It seems so worth it except that there are no left overs for turkey gumbo.  I went with DD and SIL last year.  Maybe roast a turkey sometime during the holidays and then bring batches of gumbo to family party.

There has been too much news for this old lady.  Oregon was/is awful.  I am praying for those children and their families.  I am not sure of the answer. 

And then there is politics round the clock for months on end.

I finally began looking for something else and ended up with "Doc Hollywood"....and now the "Parent Trap".....and then "Grumpier Old Men".  It begins to matter not that I know all the words to these movies....lol.

Monkeys.....I miss all of you.  Cooking has been a good thing....and left overs are even better.  See you later.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2015, 03:51:59 PM »

Hi Green Eyes.....speaking of Thanksgiving....lol....some family members have hinted about Thanksgiving, but I told them about the absolutely wonderful buffet at the local french restaurant.  It seems so worth it except that there are no left overs for turkey gumbo.  I went with DD and SIL last year.  Maybe roast a turkey sometime during the holidays and then bring batches of gumbo to family party.

There has been too much news for this old lady.  Oregon was/is awful.  I am praying for those children and their families.  I am not sure of the answer. 

And then there is politics round the clock for months on end.

I finally began looking for something else and ended up with "Doc Hollywood"....and now the "Parent Trap".....and then "Grumpier Old Men".  It begins to matter not that I know all the words to these movies....lol.

Monkeys.....I miss all of you.  Cooking has been a good thing....and left overs are even better.  See you later.....

Hi Mere,

I had handed over the Holiday cooking to daughter a couple years ago. But with hubs health it's easier now for me to cook and for them to come here. The buffet sounds good. That way you can spend time visiting.

I am with you on all the news. It seems every day the world gets crazier and crazier. All those movies are wonderful. 

Hope all the Monkeys are doing well. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »

We seem to have gone from summer right into winter.  I love the fall, hope we get to enjoy some of the nice fall weather before the white stuff is upon us.  How is the weather where you live?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: October 19, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »

We seem to have gone from summer right into winter.  I love the fall, hope we get to enjoy some of the nice fall weather before the white stuff is upon us.  How is the weather where you live?

I just got home from Mammoth Cave Natl. Park, checking on the trees changing color. Not so much.  Drove back by the lake here and the trees were ablaze with color.  I don't know what the difference were in locations cause they are not much over 20 miles apart.  I love the trees changing colors.  But I always spring more.  My mums this year are beautiful and full.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2015, 03:41:16 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/drinking-during-pregnancy-health-risks_5624e6d5e4b0bce347013a90

There is no amount of alcohol that is safe to drink during any trimester of pregnancy, advises a new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics.

And all forms of alcohol — including beer, wine and liquor — pose a similar risk to the developing fetus, according to the report from the nation's largest group of pediatricians..

(N.B. from Bearlyhere:  There are several clickable links explaining the information in this article.  The comments section after this article suggests other articles to read that refute this report.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-alcohol-safe-to-drink-during-pregnancy/

A recent study of first graders found 2.5 to 5% had evidence of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2015, 03:54:24 AM »

I put the cart before the horse by putting the pregnancy article first. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/serena-mckenzie/the-little-pink-pill-is-n_b_8328332.html

Flibanserin, the first and only medication available for use in reproductive aged women with low libido, becomes commercially available this week after a rocky and controversial road that led to its FDA approval Aug. 18. The view on the medication whose brand name is Addyi (pronounced ADD-EE) ranges from a historical achievement in women's health care to an epic failure of commercialized medical propaganda. Despite the lengthy debate that has surrounded flibanserin, what most people want to know is whether it will help their sex life or not now that it is here.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

I just got home from Mammoth Cave Natl. Park, checking on the trees changing color. Not so much.  Drove back by the lake here and the trees were ablaze with color.  I don't know what the difference were in locations cause they are not much over 20 miles apart.  I love the trees changing colors.  But I always spring more.  My mums this year are beautiful and full.

I am not sure what the difference is either, except maybe they were different kind of trees.  I love the trees changing color also and the hope of a new school year.  I also love spring and the warmer weather coming out of the harsh winter.  I love to watch the flowers peeping out of their hiding places.

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2015, 11:05:45 PM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2015, 12:43:40 AM »

Klaas that is so cute 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2015, 08:26:44 AM »

I see these kind of things on Facebook all the time.  Some just have to be shared, LOL.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET

Click on the link below to listen at 9pm ET:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.