March 28, 2024, 06:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 785978 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »

Prayers for all in the path of the storms in Austin Texas area.  Major flooding they have had 21 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. They say it's moving east. So all those in Louisiana and Mississippi stay safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

Happy Halloween  

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »

Happy Halloween  

Klaas, I love it.

Happy Halloween to all monkeys.  Enjoy. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »

Happy Halloween  

Back at you Klaas and to all the Monkeys

Happy Halloween. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2015, 02:50:09 AM »

Day 7593, they still think I'm a bear.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:47 AM »

Good one Bearly! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2015, 04:43:52 AM »

10 Stories: Monkeys! Chronicling America
November 5, 2015 by John Sayers   

In celebration of the release of the 10 millionth page of Chronicling America, our free, online searchable database of historical U.S. newspapers, the reference librarians in our Serials & Government Publications Division have selected some interesting subjects and articles from the archives. We’ve been sharing them in a series of Throwback Thursday #TBT blog posts.

“Monkeys on Trial”
Locals in Benares, India, demand that a judge issue a warrant for the arrest of “three monkeys, names unknown, on the charge of theft and causing mischief.” The offending monkeys were said to be “the greatest thieves and robbers in the whole City of Palaces.” Columbus Journal, Nov. 20, 1895.  Read more...

http://blogs.loc.gov/loc/2015/11/10-stories-monkeys-chronicling-america/?loclr=fbloc
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:45:35 AM by seahorse » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #347 on: November 07, 2015, 06:16:37 AM »

10 Stories: Monkeys! Chronicling America
November 5, 2015 by John Sayers   

In celebration of the release of the 10 millionth page of Chronicling America, our free, online searchable database of historical U.S. newspapers, the reference librarians in our Serials & Government Publications Division have selected some interesting subjects and articles from the archives. We’ve been sharing them in a series of Throwback Thursday #TBT blog posts.

“Monkeys on Trial”
Locals in Benares, India, demand that a judge issue a warrant for the arrest of “three monkeys, names unknown, on the charge of theft and causing mischief.” The offending monkeys were said to be “the greatest thieves and robbers in the whole City of Palaces.” Columbus Journal, Nov. 20, 1895.  Read more...

http://blogs.loc.gov/loc/2015/11/10-stories-monkeys-chronicling-america/?loclr=fbloc

That's funny SeaHorse

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2015, 06:55:17 AM »

Happy Veteran's Day! 

Thank you to all who have served.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m701kfdjtaU

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m701kfdjtaU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/m701kfdjtaU</a>

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2015, 11:57:05 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/11/11/veterans-day-2015-thank-you-for-your-service-to-protect-our-liberty-and-freedom-god-bless-you-all/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2015, 05:34:07 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone's doing well. Looks like winter has come. Hope all are staying safe & warm.

Son came for his visit had a wonderful time. We had our Thanksgiving last Sat. We all ate way to much. It was so much fun having everyone together. Laughed so much at their silly banter. How I miss that. But then again after everyone left it was nice to have quiet. Guess we are getting old.

What's everyone going to be doing for Thanksgiving?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

HI GE,

I now know what the saying "glad to see them come, glad to see them go" means?!?

Ha ha

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was a joyous one.  We will get together with hubs family on Turkey day - will be a big crowd. ( Will be my birthday, too - never liked having it on Thanksgiving).

It's not at my house but will cook several dishes to take. Dressing, cornbread of course. Zucchini casserole and a yellow squash one, too.

Hugs to all - Cad
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2015, 11:05:48 AM »

Hi friends...going out today to get the last of the Thanksgiving items.  This is not my year to have it at the house.  This year is Texas...!!!  So I am bringing appetizers and snacks....and a couple of bottles of wine.
Will be driving over....maybe 6 hours....depending on whether it is possible that Houston could still have highways under construction....lol....!!!

I do love Thanksgiving, but I also love it at someone else's home.  Hope every monkey is going to have a wonderful day.  Hugs! 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2015, 12:07:47 AM »

I don't know where to put this but this act of violence on an innocent little girl has torn this small town to pieces not to mention what it has done to her parents.  May he rot in he$$..................

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Vigil-held-after-death-of-7-year-old-girl-in-Scottsville-350269161.html

Vigil held after death of 7-year-old girl in Scottsville

SCOTTSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) -- "Something like this could happen anytime, very quickly. It's safe to say that Allen County is probably changed from this point forward," that's how Trooper B.J. Eaton described the tragedy that happened in Scottsville.

The community is mourning the loss of 7 year old Gabriella Doolin. Community members say when a tragedy like this happens, especially in a small town, it's hard for residents to cope.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/BREAKING-Body-found-in-Scottsville-349312871.html

UPDATE: 10:13 P.M. Kentucky State Police Post 3 Public Information Officer Trooper BJ Eaton confirms it was a 7 year old female found in the creek.

Kentucky State Police confirm the body of a young girl approximately 7 years old was found near a creek close to the ball fields at Allen County Scottsville High School.

We were told the girl was reported missing, and later her body was found......................................

UPDATED: 11/20/15 4:39pm

A police report obtained by WBKO has listed the cause of Gabbi Doolin's death as strangulation and drowning.

It explains that police made contact with Madden at his home the night of the crime. From there he agreed to be swabbed and turn over his clothes to police.

The report said those were the clothes he was wearing Saturday night at the football game.

The report also explains that Madden's bond has been set at $1,000,000.

I can't find the charges against him but he was charged with: Rape, Sodomy, Kidnapping and Murder.  He has 5 children of his own-a girl who was a cheerleader with little Gabbi, a son who plays soccer with Gabbi's brother, and he went to school with Gabbi's father.  They moved him from the Allen County jail to the Barren County jail-probably safer for him right now.  The comments on Facebook (WBKO) are like a lynch mob.

This is so sad.  Created a thread for Gabriella in the Crimes Against Children, Elderly and Disabled forum area:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15850.0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:39:12 AM by klaasend » Logged

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »

Hi friends...going out today to get the last of the Thanksgiving items.  This is not my year to have it at the house.  This year is Texas...!!!  So I am bringing appetizers and snacks....and a couple of bottles of wine.
Will be driving over....maybe 6 hours....depending on whether it is possible that Houston could still have highways under construction....lol....!!!

I do love Thanksgiving, but I also love it at someone else's home.  Hope every monkey is going to have a wonderful day.  Hugs! 

Hi, Mere.  Hope you are doing good.  It really is better doing Thanksgiving at someone else home.  We will doing ours at my husband's sisters home this year.  I will do mine for some members in my family Friday-no black Friday shopping for me.

Enjoy and have a good time (be careful traveling).

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »

Blue Moon it is always nice to hear from you.  I wondered if you had heard of the murder of this beautiful little girl.
Such a typical KY afternoon.....football and families.....and then this person kills a small child.  I know they have him.
I hear that DNA matches.  Will continue to follow.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »

Hi monkey friends...
Lots of snow in our area. I think we got around 12 inches..hubs and I look at each other over coffee this morning and say, why the hell do we live in Illinois lol..
Can't remember the last time I was here. Doing lots of things with grand daughters..traveling and spending way too much time on face book. Most of my friends are on there too and we end up doing too much chatting. Fb makes it easy cause we post and friends see it and comment. Saves texting and calling each other lol.

Life is good.
Hope everyone is doing good.

I honestly stay away because reading and hearing about all the mean things that happens to children was getting me down. Then after Casey got off from murdering her daughter I really lost faith in the court systems and jury's decisions.  I still follow some cases but not like I used to.
I miss talking with everyone here though! I need to check in here more often!
Talk soon!

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2015, 02:58:49 PM »

Hey ya'll crazy monkeys. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Can you believe JSM and I will have been married five years in two more days?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:05:07 PM by CasuallyCool » Logged

Do No Evil 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »

Hey ya'll crazy monkeys. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Can you believe JSM and I will have been married five years in two more days?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and JSM as well!  No I can't believe it's been 5 years!  5 years wood or silver?  How about this?  Would it qualify for "wood"?  lol

http://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Fairway-Right-Graphite-Regular/dp/B00G97PIYG/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1448487628&sr=1-6&keywords=callaway+clubs
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: November 26, 2015, 09:57:47 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE

DON'T EAT TOO MUCH!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.