March 28, 2024, 11:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786014 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #401 on: December 28, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »

http://linkis.com/conservativetribune.com/BAANe

Dave Holloway was on Fox today he said inside edition will have something new about Natalee this evening, video at link above.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #402 on: December 31, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS MONKEYS

May 2016 bring nothing but wonderful things to your lives.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2015, 07:55:04 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: December 31, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »

A Joyous, Healthy and Prosperous 2016 to all...

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2016, 04:17:25 AM »

an angelic monkey

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: January 03, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »

Bearly....your comment on the blog....about 2016 New Years, is wonderful.  I wanted to click on and say that I agree with everything you said....but decided to come to our Musings.
I appreciate all that Red and Klaas and all mods have done to make our world better.  Thanks to them and thanks to all the monkeys who come here and share their lives with each other.
Looking forward to a healthy and happy New Year.
Hugs, Mere   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »

Bearly....your comment on the blog....about 2016 New Years, is wonderful.  I wanted to click on and say that I agree with everything you said....but decided to come to our Musings.
I appreciate all that Red and Klaas and all mods have done to make our world better.  Thanks to them and thanks to all the monkeys who come here and share their lives with each other.
Looking forward to a healthy and happy New Year.
Hugs, Mere   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »

Hoping all our California Monkeys made it thru all the rain with no problems. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2016, 05:02:12 PM »

Hi Friends....first let me wish a Happy Birthday to all the January monkeys who are adding another year...

Hope all those monkeys who have had weather problems are doing well now.  I am watching the lower Mississippi.
They will open the spillway on Sunday to relieve any additional pressure on the levees.  And then the fishermen are
trying to get there crabs and shrimp out of the water before the spillway opens.  I had not thought about anything but the levees......but now I read that the large ships may be affected also.....in moving and docking.

I know that some of us are interested in genealogy.  I will be having coffee with two second cousins next week.  The three of us are the great grandchildren of the same great grandparents.  We are bringing iPads and intend to share.
There is so much available on line now.  Will let you know how this goes....

What's up with all of you?

Hugs, Mere

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »

Happy New Year everyone!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »

Well reporting back on the genealogy ladies coffee.

You know this felt something like meeting someone from Craigslist.  You are supposed to meet in a public place in the
daytime, etc.  While I could see that the two ladies, according to Ancestry, were cousins, I also am skeptical of
meeting strangers.....but......the day was beautiful.....and the three of us were driving about an hour to a central point to meet for coffee at La Madeleine's. 

The other two already knew each other.  I knew the color of one car, and the picture of both of them, and they knew I had on a red sweater.  It turned out to be a really nice time.  One husband came along as that couple was going to be going into the city.  We shared information on iPads or small laptops.

They are both so far ahead of me, but I really enjoyed seeing what was important to them.  There are wonderful
cemeteries that are above ground in our area, and I have been invited again to either coffee or to "do a cemetery run" where you identify relatives and take pictures of these beautiful old graves.

I wish I had started sooner....lol....

Will continue this story as it unfolds.....and do tell me what you do if you are interested in your family tree.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »

You know this felt something like meeting someone from Craigslist.  You are supposed to meet in a public place in the
daytime, etc.  While I could see that the two ladies, according to Ancestry, were cousins, I also am skeptical of
meeting strangers.....but......the day was beautiful.....and the three of us were driving about an hour to a central point to meet for coffee at La Madeleine's. 

The other two already knew each other.  I knew the color of one car, and the picture of both of them, and they knew I had on a red sweater.  It turned out to be a really nice time.  One husband came along as that couple was going to be going into the city.  We shared information on iPads or small laptops.

They are both so far ahead of me, but I really enjoyed seeing what was important to them.  There are wonderful
cemeteries that are above ground in our area, and I have been invited again to either coffee or to "do a cemetery run" where you identify relatives and take pictures of these beautiful old graves.

Will continue this story as it unfolds.....and do tell me what you do if you are interested in your family tree.

Mere, How exciting for you. Working on ones genealogy brings many happy experiences along with many let downs. While working on mine I have meant so many cousins, that have enriched my life any many ways. The sharing of information to me is one of my greatest joys. Happy hunting to you on your quest. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #413 on: January 22, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »

To all the Monkeys in the path of the storm this week end. May you all stay safe and warm.    Please stay home and don't go out. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: January 22, 2016, 10:22:23 PM »

This is my 26 year old Red Maple tree today.  The limbs are bowed over by 3/4" of ice before the 13" of snow.  I don't know if the tree will make it and it's the only one in the yard that did this.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: January 22, 2016, 10:30:13 PM »

Mere, I work on my Genealogy family a lot.  I never realized when I started this how time consuming it is.  I use Family Treemaker and they just announced they are eliminating the software by Jan 2017 so I have a year to move all my records over to a new software.  Not going to be easy as there are 17 years worth of records in there (backups are done regularly because of so much info and records).  I have met several "cousins"  in the past few years doing this.  We have become good friends with a couple from Michigan, a cousin from Oregon, and a family from Texas, Florida and Delaware.  I have really enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them.  As for visiting old graves, my husband will not go with me anymore to visit old cemeteries.  I have no shame when it comes to getting into old cemeteries---I climb over fences, I have to remove electric fence gates to get through, I have to watch out for copperhead snakes.  He said it is too dangerous going with me anymore. But I enjoy it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2016, 05:18:24 PM »

Don't miss part two on tonight's Dana Pretzer show!

Click on the link below at 9pm ET:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2016, 05:22:17 AM »

I think everyone who works with, lives with, loves, or is related to a teen should know what is happening with our kids online. They may be inviting strangers into our homes in real time, and worse, recording themselves; these videos can be saved by strangers forever.  They are walking through houses showing potential thieves what you have and worst of all, they are opening up ways that predators can see your teen, where they live, what they do, where they go to school, etc.  The  filmers are not (usually) doing this to hurt you or themselves, they are only thinking about the demographic they are targeting or maybe the girl(s)/boy(s) they are looking to impress watching them.  I remember when Britney Spears was younger and wearing sexy outfits.  She said something along the lines of I want the 18 year old guys looking at me, but I don't want 40 year old men looking at me.  If you put something up for public display, it does not discriminate between those you want looking at it and those you don't.

http://wtvr.com/2016/01/28/chesterfield-bedroom-broadcast/

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- A Chesterfield mother said she wanted to warn other parents after she found her 12-year-old daughter live-streaming video of herself to hundreds of strangers from her bedroom.

Kelly Jarrett said her daughter Emily recently connected with strangers from all over the world on a website called YouNow.
[ https://www.younow.com/ ] There she broadcasted a live feed of herself giving advice to her friends without her mom’s knowledge.

“I was blindsided,” Jarrett said.

Emily received more than 400 comments from people, including random men who complimented her looks.

One of those men friend requested Jarrett on Facebook, and that is how she found out what her daughter was doing in the bedroom.

“It scared me on levels that I did not want to be frightened on,” Jarrett said.

YouNow is just one of many tools for live-streaming. Facebook recently introduced live-streaming to all of its users.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2016, 05:38:03 AM »

That's wonderful, Mere.  We are friends with 5th+ cousins on both my Mother and Father's side of the family.  Our family is very close and just never lost contact with each other.  My third cousin was my Maid of Honor at my wedding, I was also in her wedding and am Godmother to her first child and she is Godmother to my second child.  The children are now friends and it goes on...

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: February 01, 2016, 06:04:52 AM »

Thank you for all your wishes for Eric, my Great Nephew who passed away from meningitis.  It threw us for a loop, not only because of his age of 11 months, but we also lost my Father 2 months before that.  We lost the oldest and youngest member of the family within 2 months.  As soon as Eric passed, my DIL went into labor.  Eric was my Brother and SIL's only Grandchild and my Niece and NIL's only child.  They are devastated.  Feelings are all over the place.  I feel guilty about being happy about Ryan with members of my family so very sad about their baby.

Eric has done more in his lifetime than many of us will.  He saved three lives with his organs.  He raised $30,000. in the first 2 days after he passed, and at the same time raised money for contagious diseases.  His fund is now joining with the county where he lives to build a playground in his name.  Our family is still devastated, but we have something positive to focus on.

Please, be an organ donor. 

I was talking to a man tonight who was originally from Africa and is now a US citizen after many years.  He said at first he did not feel right about donating his organs, but after some thought and some time passed, he felt it was the right thing to do.  Some people feel that they cannot donate organs because of their religious affiliations.  I urge you to go to a leader in your faith community who you trust and ask that person what the current teachings of your denomination are.  You may find their views have changed.  That is what happened to this man.  He is now very excited to be an American after many years.  He wanted this badly so his daughter could get a good education, and he is also proud to have 'organ donor' written on his driver's license.

Don't take your organs to heaven, heaven knows we need them here.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.