March 29, 2024, 12:33:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786129 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »

Bearly....your comment on the blog....about 2016 New Years, is wonderful.  I wanted to click on and say that I agree with everything you said....but decided to come to our Musings.
I appreciate all that Red and Klaas and all mods have done to make our world better.  Thanks to them and thanks to all the monkeys who come here and share their lives with each other.
Looking forward to a healthy and happy New Year.
Hugs, Mere   

Thanks, Mere.  Happy February!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »

Hugs everyone!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »

This little girl lived less than a block from where I lived at the time.  This case is so sad for this family.  I wish our local station had put up the video interview that was done with Morgan's mother and her 2 sisters--it was heartbreaking what this family has gone through knowing after 19 years that they will never know who or why their daughter/sister was murdered.  We had left for vacation the day she was abducted and all I could think to do was look at every van on the interstate to see if Morgan was in one.  This little girl was so innocent and so young to have had her life taken away from her family.  After 19 years it is safe to say her murderer will never be found.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/The-Morgan-Violi-Case-19-years-later-369182371.html

The Morgan Violi Case: 19 years later
By Lyndsey Gough |
Updated: Wed 5:03 PM, Feb 17, 2016

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) - "It's a haunting case because it's such a horrific tragedy. I think we all put ourselves in the place 'what if it were my child' and as a community, it just drilled down to the core that this could actually happen in Bowling Green, Kentucky."

That's how former Bowling Green Police Chief, Bill Waltrip described Morgan Violi's case. It all began just after noon on July 24, 1996.

"Morgan and another little girl were walking from a play area that they had just inside some woods back towards Morgan's apartment when the perpetrator grabbed Morgan, put her in a van, and drove off with her," said FBI Special Agent Dick Glenn, the agent assigned to Morgan's case.

"I heard the scream, I came around. He was just sitting in the van. He smiled and the other little girl was running through the apartment buildings and I didn't ... I thought they were playing," said Morgan's oldest sister, Heather Coleman, who saw the kidnapping occur.

7-year-old Morgan Violi had been taken from the yard in front of her Bowling Green apartment complex in broad daylight.

"I'm the oldest. I told her go put on her shoes. And that was the last time I ever saw her," Heather told WBKO.

It was the same area her two older sisters were playing in at the time.

"When it first happened I just went to bed on my own and thought it was a bad dream, but you wake up and there's cops everywhere, strangers," Heather said....................................

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: March 07, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »

Seahorse....I did not want to intrude in your thread about Hillary Clinton, but I am impressed at the information with links that you have given our site.  I find that this is a tough year to follow the politics in this country, but for at least one
candidate, you have made it easier.  Many thanks.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2016, 08:07:18 AM »

Be careful everyone in the path of this storm!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »

Be careful everyone in the path of this storm!

Prayers for all that are in it's path. We had some heavy rain and wind and lots and lots of lighting and thunder. Waiting for the next wave to roll though.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2016, 10:27:28 AM »

Green Eyes.....good to hear from you....I am watching the forecast for southern Louisiana. 
My sister is in San Antonio and cousins are in Katy, TX.....and they have had the same....heavy rain, wind and lightning.  The weather channel is becoming my friend...  

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »

Green Eyes.....good to hear from you....I am watching the forecast for southern Louisiana. 
My sister is in San Antonio and cousins are in Katy, TX.....and they have had the same....heavy rain, wind and lightning.  The weather channel is becoming my friend...  

Mere, Hope everyone's okay. I understand Louisana is getting the stoms today. Stay safe. The weather channel and I have become friends too.  So far since it started we have had almost 6 inches of rain here.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »

Please everyone in the path of the storms stay safe!   
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

Hi all and thanks for the weather warnings....the university has closed and daughter is on the Interstate coming home from work in southern
Mississippi. 

The street in my circle is flooded as are the ditches, but the lawns are okay so far.  My real worry is the flooding of rivers and streams.  I do have one behind me....a stream....and it was way down yesterday, but we have had a fair amount of rain.

The dog is answering every thunder or lightning with a bark, so it can get loud....lol.  The local river is flooding and the campgrounds have been evacuated.

Anderson Cooper had a repeat of his CNN coverage of Katrina today.  Now that was a horror.....this is just "weather".

I don't know if any of you have ever had the need to check on electrical or cable outtages......but www.entergy.com and www.charter.net will show you
exact outtages.....when they occurred and when they are expected to come back on. 

As a child of the 1949 hurricane in NO, Dad had all of us in a small hallway that had four doors.  We each had a door to hold on to as the wind whipped
the house.  That is my first weather memory, but there were so many more.  While I am working on my family tree, I am writing these "stories".

Next subject......total knee replacement.....coming up to the one year anniversary and doing extremely well.  Walking up and down stairs, etc.
If you are faced with the same surgery, do your homework first.....on surgeon, hospital, therapy, etc. It has been worth it......

Be safe everyone...!!!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »

Mere stay safe. It's not over yet.  Glad to hear you are staying inside.  Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2016/03/10/floods-south-louisiana-texas/81575452/?ref=yfp

Five people have been killed in Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana since the deluge began earlier this week, and the heavy rain promises not to let up for at least another day.

More than 20 inches of rain has already fallen in some places, the Weather Channel reported. In all, some areas will receive two feet of rain by the time the storm winds down Friday, the National Weather Service said.

In addition to Louisiana, the hardest-hit state where three deaths occurred, parts of Arkansas, western Tennessee and southern Illinois will also be drenched by locally heavy rain into Friday, according to the weather service.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »

Good Morning.....I am fine so far, but there is flooding in many areas with lots of electrical outtages.  TV just said we had
10 - 16 inches of rain.  People are out in boats on residential streets assisting with evacuating families who are flooded.
There are 50 closed streets just in my town/area.

Remember that little stream behind me....lolol.....it has flooded some areas that are lower than I am.  Bet most of you don't know
that I am "high" at 9 feet above sea level....!!!  If you have a GPS, you can use it to determine whether your area is above or below sea level....and this can change from block to block.  It is a good thing to know about when you are looking for a home.

www.wwltv.com is covering the area.

I feel so fortunate as I have electricity and cable and very little water on my street.  This should be over soon.
Hugs....

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2016, 02:02:56 PM »

Hi all.....much has happened in the area.....rain, thunderstorms, and flooding of the rivers and streams in four parishes in southern louisiana.   The weather channel says that the rain level is 20 inches over three days.  The rivers are flooding some of my favorite little towns and some nice rural areas.

I thought I could take a break today and drive to the grocery, but the rivers are still collecting rainwater and many will crest over the next 24 hours.  The small river behind the house has flooded the street leading to this subdivision.

The good news....no loss of electricity or cable.

Fingers crossed.....this should be over by Sunday evening.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: March 12, 2016, 04:01:44 PM »

Hi all.....much has happened in the area.....rain, thunderstorms, and flooding of the rivers and streams in four parishes in southern louisiana.   The weather channel says that the rain level is 20 inches over three days.  The rivers are flooding some of my favorite little towns and some nice rural areas.

I thought I could take a break today and drive to the grocery, but the rivers are still collecting rainwater and many will crest over the next 24 hours.  The small river behind the house has flooded the street leading to this subdivision.

Glad you're still hi and dry but sucks that you can't drive to the grocery store.  Hopefully by tomorrow the water will recede enough so you can get out.  They keep talking about El Nino in California but so far it looks like other states have gotten it much worse than us.  We had a huge downpour yesterday for about 10 minutes but that was it!  Today it's sunny and beautiful!  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:15:00 AM by klaasend » Logged
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2016, 05:04:42 AM »

Klaas....glad that you are having nice weather....a 10 minute rain might not even be counted in this area....lol.
I think the weather will clear today, but many roads are still underwater, including some parts of the Interstate.

Will be nice to get out....

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »

Klaas....glad that you are having nice weather....a 10 minute rain might not even be counted in this area....lol.
I think the weather will clear today, but many roads are still underwater, including some parts of the Interstate.

Will be nice to get out....

Mere the sun is headed your way. We have sunny skys here for about 4 days, It was rainy here yesterday. Hopefully you will get some dry out time too. Glad you are staying safe. Been watching and reading about all the flooding out your way.  Stay safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #437 on: March 13, 2016, 11:35:26 AM »

Hi all.....much has happened in the area.....rain, thunderstorms, and flooding of the rivers and streams in four parishes in southern louisiana.   The weather channel says that the rain level is 20 inches over three days.  The rivers are flooding some of my favorite little towns and some nice rural areas.

I thought I could take a break today and drive to the grocery, but the rivers are still collecting rainwater and many will crest over the next 24 hours.  The small river behind the house has flooded the street leading to this subdivision.

Glad you're still hi and dry but sucks that you can't drive to the grocery store.  Hopefully by tomorrow the water will recede enough so you can get out.  They keep talking about El Nino in California but so far it looks like other states have gotten it much worse than us.  We had a huge downpour yesterday for about 10 minutes but that was it!  Today it's sunny and beautiful!  

Klaas you guys need the rain for sure. But in Southern Calif. most of it just runs off and into the ocean. They need it a little bit at a time so it can soak into the ground and not just run off. I know up North in the Sierras they have a large snow pack which should help some.  But I don't think the local mountains have much. At least my sons haven't said much about them.  Some times I really miss the weather out there. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: March 22, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »

The family Easter egg hunt!   albino

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.