March 28, 2024, 05:03:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786057 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: April 24, 2016, 09:57:31 PM »

Well...it has been two weeks, and I think I will be better now.  Klaas, you were right.  It is nothing to fool around with....and I still dont know how it started....lol.  I did sleep for six hours last night...!!!  Mucinex DM, Delsym and Nyquil have become my friends....lol.

I do hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Birthday April people....

Glad to hear you are feeling better and got some sleep last night.  This is me when I take Nyquil 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »

Hi San.....I had to laugh at your emoticon.....looks just like me after Nyquil....lol.  Will be so glad to pack up all of the cough meds.  I had to keep notes so that I would not sip too much...!  Maybe I should start on
a bit of wine....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: April 27, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »

Hi San.....I had to laugh at your emoticon.....looks just like me after Nyquil....lol.  Will be so glad to pack up all of the cough meds.  I had to keep notes so that I would not sip too much...!  Maybe I should start on
a bit of wine....

Wine works well.  My friends parents drank a glass of wine every night.  He lived to 101 and she to 98. 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:10 PM »

San.....did I tell you that son and dil have a vineyard in the finger lakes area?  They have wonderful wines, and I tried a bottle during the holidays.  This was my first try at wine.  I know most people dont wait as long as I have....lol.

I have good genes as far as longevity....until now....when I began feeling really puny with this illness.  The coughing has started a bit again this evening, and I have pulled out the Nyquil.

Oh....forgot to tell you.  All these years my parents told me that I was "totally French"....both sides and back as far as fourth or fifth grandparents who sailed over the waters from France.  When I had my DNA tested, I found out that I am

Europe West 38%
Iberian Peninsula 21%
Italy/Greece 18%
Ireland 16%
Trace Regions

I guess there is nothing like 100% when you look at where everyone came from to populate this world....I love this
background.....from all over....

Forgot to ask.....red or white wine??
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:42:06 PM by Mere » Logged

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

San.....did I tell you that son and dil have a vineyard in the finger lakes area?  They have wonderful wines, and I tried a bottle during the holidays.  This was my first try at wine.  I know most people dont wait as long as I have....lol.

I have good genes as far as longevity....until now....when I began feeling really puny with this illness.  The coughing has started a bit again this evening, and I have pulled out the Nyquil.

Oh....forgot to tell you.  All these years my parents told me that I was "totally French"....both sides and back as far as fourth or fifth grandparents who sailed over the waters from France.  When I had my DNA tested, I found out that I am

Europe West 38%
Iberian Peninsula 21%
Italy/Greece 18%
Ireland 16%
Trace Regions

I guess there is nothing like 100% when you look at where everyone came from to populate this world....I love this

Mere, did have an x-ray taken.  I worry about that cough.  I hope you feel better soon.

A vineyard sounds nice.  I hope your son and DIL are doing well with their business.  If I do have a glass of wine it would be when I go out to a special dinner with the family or friends.  About two months ago I tried Baileys irish cream for the first time and I thought it was good.  I went to my neighbor's house and she asked me to have some Baileys with her.  I said I've never tried it.  She poured me a little and I thought it was good.  I gave her a bottle a few weeks ago and I went to visit a week later and I said did you have the Baileys I gave you and she goes I finished it  Shocked  I guess this is what happens when you turn 84 years old  Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: April 30, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

Europe West 38%
Iberian Peninsula 21%
Italy/Greece 18%
Ireland 16%
Trace Regions

Mere, did have an x-ray taken.  I worry about that cough.  I hope you feel better soon.

A vineyard sounds nice.  I hope your son and DIL are doing well with their business.  If I do have a glass of wine it would be when I go out to a special dinner with the family or friends.  About two months ago I tried Baileys irish cream for the first time and I thought it was good.  I went to my neighbor's house and she asked me to have some Baileys with her.  I said I've never tried it.  She poured me a little and I thought it was good.  I gave her a bottle a few weeks ago and I went to visit a week later and I said did you have the Baileys I gave you and she goes I finished it  Shocked  I guess this is what happens when you turn 84 years old  Laughing

No x-ray as chest was "clear" but the cough is now into the third week......so I think it is time to go back.  My family also thinks I should try something else as my multi-meds are not working.  I went out one day thinking I could go to
lunch and came home and slept for three hours....!!! 

OMG.....nipping on the Bailey's...lol.  I had it with coffee once.  Good.....

Thanks for thinking of me.....should be cured in a few days..... 

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: May 09, 2016, 06:19:41 AM »

Klaas....I should have paid attention to you.  Over the counter doesn't do it.....stubborn ole nurse....lol.

Okay......more than a month and, last Thursday, I was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis, got a shot of something, started on prednisone and tessalon for cough, and some codeine cough medicine (which is awful) and five days later, I am on the mend. 

I wonder how everyone is doing.  I missed planting my tomatoes, green peppers, onions, etc.  When I lived in KY, the locals planted right after the Derby.  I could have planted a month ago here.  The funny thing is.....an old pepper plant from last year has two small green peppers.....never have had that before.

Is anyone going on vacation?

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: May 10, 2016, 10:15:37 AM »

Good morning monkeys.....

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:56:12 PM by Mere » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: May 11, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »

Glad you're finally on the mend Mere.  Yeah, this years flu or cold virus that is going around is a tough one to kick.  FWIW, I can't do Prednisone (makes me too angry and agitated).  I was having a dental implant done and the gal gave me that small cup and a pill.  I said, what is this pill, she said Prednisone.  I said "NO, not unless you want me to wreak havoc on this entire office! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #469 on: May 13, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »

Each morning I check on the seahorse threads.....they are wonderful and have taught me so much.

I was out for the first time yesterday....and went past the local Target to see how "pee-gate" had affected the huge parking area there.  Still looks very popular...!  So glad that my children are grown.  I used to
go with them to any public bathroom.  

Having lived for many years in KY, I know that Hillary has lost votes in WV and KY.  Those are proud
people who have worked very hard for many years.  I guess there is a way to say things that will not
cut into the hearts of the people in the area.

I am sure that politics would not be a great subject for musings, but this has certainly been a rough
year.  I would like a strong leader for our country.....and someone in whom I can trust to make good
decisions for all of us.  Since I have been basically in bed ill for weeks, I have listened to hours of
political news....lol.

Ah well.....I will check out and tell you all that I miss you.....

Mere, Monkeys, and Guests  

Miss you, too! I miss the good monkeys who helped me grow through laughter, tears, prayers, art, and good recipes, including the peeps fondue, LOL.

I miss, Brandi, sniff, sniff, does anyone know how she is doing?  T.Y.  I enjoy reading prayers that Sister posts.  

Mere, The general public does not comprehend HB2, Bathroom Bill, IMO.  Monkeys read, think, and discuss, and stay open minded on events.  Thank goodness for
scared monkeys Smile I am so trusting I would be in the dark without you monkeys adding joy, hope, information and instructing me how to look-up court dockets.

Hugs to my monkey family.  

Thank-you.  

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:51:23 PM by seahorse » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2016, 10:43:38 AM »

I would appreciate it if Political discussions remained in the Political forum area.  I'll leave these posts here for now but any additional will prompt me to move them all. 

FWIW - everyone here is not a Republican and everyone does not hate Hillary.  IMO that will be proven yet again in November. 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »

I would appreciate it if Political discussions remained in the Political forum area.  I'll leave these posts here for now but any additional will prompt me to move them all. 

FWIW - everyone here is not a Republican and everyone does not hate Hillary.  IMO that will be proven yet again in November. 

Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

Klaas....I should have paid attention to you.  Over the counter doesn't do it.....stubborn ole nurse....lol.

Okay......more than a month and, last Thursday, I was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis, got a shot of something, started on prednisone and tessalon for cough, and some codeine cough medicine (which is awful) and five days later, I am on the mend. 

I wonder how everyone is doing.  I missed planting my tomatoes, green peppers, onions, etc.  When I lived in KY, the locals planted right after the Derby.  I could have planted a month ago here.  The funny thing is.....an old pepper plant from last year has two small green peppers.....never have had that before.

Is anyone going on vacation?

Hi Mere,  I was beginning to worry that you had pneumonia that's why I had asked you if you had an x-ray.  Hopefully by the end of this week you will feel much better.  Take it easy and rest.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »

Miss you, too! I miss the good monkeys who helped me grow through laughter, tears, prayers, art, and good recipes, including the peeps fondue, LOL.

I miss, Brandi, sniff, sniff, does anyone know how she is doing?  T.Y.  I enjoy reading prayers that Sister posts.  

Mere, The general public does not comprehend HB2, Bathroom Bill, IMO.  Monkeys read, think, and discuss, and stay open minded on events.  Thank goodness for
scared monkeys Smile I am so trusting I would be in the dark without you monkeys adding joy, hope, information and instructing me how to look-up court dockets.

Thank-you.  

Hi!

I am still around. I check in every so often to see if anyone needs me, and to keep up with those still posting here.

Nice to be remembered, Seahorse! I'll always remember you and your silliness.

Take care, and thanks again for mentioning me!

~Brandi

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:31 PM »

Hi Brandi!  Good to see you! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

Thank-you.  

Hi!

I am still around. I check in every so often to see if anyone needs me, and to keep up with those still posting here.

Nice to be remembered, Seahorse! I'll always remember you and your silliness.

Take care, and thanks again for mentioning me!

~Brandi

Brandi!   

I remember you all the time.  This time I was cussing you out, LOL!  I have all the museum pieces of your avatars saved on the computer, just have not figured out
the recipe how to download them to scaredmonkeys!  I am working on it.  The avatars said hello and they miss you too. 

The reason I removed Popeye is I wanted to change clothes. 

How is your garden this year? 

Thank-you

Toot, Toot!
Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:24 PM »

Mere

I did not know you were under the weather.

I was half dead from a cold, yes, they can be deadly.

After I recovered I bought:

Label:
- Natures Bounty
- Pure Vitamin, C-1000 mg,
- Supports immune system heath.

So far so good.  I thought the vitamin was time released, but I guess it isn't.

I am blessed the monkey family is together!

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2016, 12:10:11 AM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

Dana, stay safe.  I hear there are tornadoes in your area.  Also to all the Monkeys that may be in Dodge City and in Kansas and anyone else who is experiencing severe thunderstorms and tornadoes.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2016, 08:27:51 PM »

Hi Bearly!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.