March 28, 2024, 01:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 786030 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2016, 12:20:26 AM »

I am so sad to !earn of CC's passing.  It seems only a short time ago that he and JSM were married and so happy. 
You have my deepest sympathy JSM, and you will always have happy memories to keep in your heart.

Hello to. The Monkeys

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: July 08, 2016, 07:40:22 AM »

Just logged on - it's been awhile. Lots going on for me...

Hugs to JSM, lots of hugs.

I had been thinking about you too, 4 Donks, my AL friend. Hope you are doing well.

Chubby and the Criminal send hugs to all the monkeys.

Cad
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #503 on: July 08, 2016, 06:01:24 PM »

I had been thinking about you too, 4 Donks, my AL friend. Hope you are doing well.

Cad

Good to see you, cadillac!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: July 08, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »

I am so sad to !earn of CC's passing.  It seems only a short time ago that he and JSM were married and so happy. 
You have my deepest sympathy JSM, and you will always have happy memories to keep in your heart.

Hello to. The Monkeys

I know, it makes me so sad too for JSM.   

Good to see you!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: July 08, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »

Cad

Thanks!

Good to see you, cadillac!   

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »

My Dear Monkeys,

With a heavy heart I am sad to say that we lost one of our Monkeys today.  CC went to be with the Lord this morning.  an angelic monkey Rest In Peace CC. You will be missed.  Love Green Eyes
[/quote

Shocked to hear this sad news.  RIP CC.

Sending love and prayers to dear JSM.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

We are all shocked to hear about CC    I feel so bad for JSM, she must be numb 
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: July 13, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »

She has been on my mind so much lately.

I know we don't really "know" each other but what a beautiful story the two shared here with us.

Hearts, hugs and warmth to all of you.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: July 13, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »

She has been on my mind so much lately.

I know we don't really "know" each other but what a beautiful story the two shared here with us.

Hearts, hugs and warmth to all of you.

Yes, it really was.  They didn't have nearly enough time together.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2016, 10:11:04 AM »

Good morning monkeys.....it surely has been warm in this area.....high 90's until we had huge rain yesterday....then down to the mid 70's.
The plants are having a hard time with the sweltering heat.  I have lost some tomatoes......some of the Creoles, which are my favorites and the very ones which should do well in heat.  Guess it could be another reason, but I am going to replant with some larger plants at Lowes.
If you have the opportunity to try real Creoles at the market, maybe you should try one

http://www.nola.com/homegarden/index.ssf/2014/03/the_truth_about_creole_tomatoe.html.

The peppers are doing well....even a pepper plant that survived the winter and is producing green peppers....although they are smaller than last year's crop.  I am using these to chop for seasoning.  The regular size if for stuffing.

The family summer reunion is next weekend, and I am still trying to decide what to bring.....perhaps jambalaya or another side dish or perhaps stuffed peppers using jambalaya as the stuffing in some of them.  My sister, the nun, is coming in for the reunion so I will be cleaning the guest room and pretending like I keep it clean and neat all the time.

Can you all tell that I miss you?  How about sharing your summer events/plans.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: July 16, 2016, 12:29:19 PM »

Good morning monkeys.....it surely has been warm in this area.....high 90's until we had huge rain yesterday....then down to the mid 70's.
The plants are having a hard time with the sweltering heat.  I have lost some tomatoes......some of the Creoles, which are my favorites and the very ones which should do well in heat.  Guess it could be another reason, but I am going to replant with some larger plants at Lowes.
If you have the opportunity to try real Creoles at the market, maybe you should try one

http://www.nola.com/homegarden/index.ssf/2014/03/the_truth_about_creole_tomatoe.html.

The peppers are doing well....even a pepper plant that survived the winter and is producing green peppers....although they are smaller than last year's crop.  I am using these to chop for seasoning.  The regular size if for stuffing.

The family summer reunion is next weekend, and I am still trying to decide what to bring.....perhaps jambalaya or another side dish or perhaps stuffed peppers using jambalaya as the stuffing in some of them.  My sister, the nun, is coming in for the reunion so I will be cleaning the guest room and pretending like I keep it clean and neat all the time.

Can you all tell that I miss you?  How about sharing your summer events/plans.  

Hi Mere!  

I miss you too!    

No real events going on here, just work and we've turned into a pet shelter I think.  We've always had a lot of strays, but it's getting out of hand.  My neighbors joke that once a dog finds their way down my driveway they never leave, lol.  After rescuing five puppies in mid May we were up to 12!  But sadly one of the puppies was killed in the road a week ago.    Our outside dogs screen who can come down the drive though...the neighbors first alerted me about them...and I firmly told them I can't take anymore dogs!  Then we saw the puppies playing in a pasture near here, they were living in a culvert.  All of them were precious!  My DH who'd very sternly told me if you bring those dogs home, they are YOUR responsibility....walked back to our home and down the drive leading them like mother goose, and has taken care of them and played with them every day since.  He feeds them before he leaves at 5 every morning!    Sometimes you get blessings you didn't even know you needed.    an angelic monkey

I know whatever dish you decide to make for the reunion will be scrumptious!  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »

The plants are having a hard time with the sweltering heat.  I have lost some tomatoes......some of the Creoles, which are my favorites and the very ones which should do well in heat.  Guess it could be another reason, but I am going to replant with some larger plants at Lowes.

The peppers are doing well....even a pepper plant that survived the winter and is producing green peppers....although they are smaller than last year's crop.  I am using these to chop for seasoning.  The regular size if for stuffing.

The family summer reunion is next weekend, and I am still trying to decide what to bring.....perhaps jambalaya or another side dish or perhaps stuffed peppers using jambalaya as the stuffing in some of them.  My sister, the nun, is coming in for the reunion so I will be cleaning the guest room and pretending like I keep it clean and neat all the time.

Can you all tell that I miss you?  How about sharing your summer events/plans.   

Hi Mere!

No special plans this summer except I am going to visit my son for a few days, which will be nice.  Weather has been beautiful in Southern California, not too hot. in the mid to upper 70's.  Still working part time.  Started exercising more now I'm up to 12 miles per day on the stationary bike and it's really makes a difference!   We don't have room for much of a garden but do have some flowers and I did plant garlic.  We also planted Milkweed to attract butterflies and we have two hummingbird feeders. 

We are down to one dog now but may look to add a rescue some time soon.   Petey is still as cute as ever and is almost 7 now!  Time goes by way too quickly! 

The forum is so slow but I still edit Dana's daily commentary Monday-Friday and also his shows. 

Jambalawa sounds wonderful! 

TM sounds like you have a wonderful husband and lots of property for dogs!  It's a good thing we don't have more of a yard or we would be like you! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2016, 01:04:00 AM »

Awwwwww, Petey! 

He is so cute!  We still have two JR's, they're a little older than Petey and thank goodness have chilled out some as they've gotten older.   

We love every one we've taken in, just wish we could afford them all!  It's crazy how expensive it can be, thankful for a vet that has a payment plan.  We have several acres, so there's lots of room.  The road is always a worry though, especially with puppies.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:20 AM »

Klaas and TM......Oh my...I do remember when I had my first Cairn.  The vet told me he would become a lap dog when he was 12...!!!
I wish I were young enough to have a few still...but the cost and the size of the yard would be an issue.

TM.....what kind of dogs do you have?  When I was young, all I wanted were puppies....although twice a breeder offered to give me one of her older females who were no longer having pups.  Now I understand that it would be a nice thing....
growing old together....lol.

Summer plans are just thoughts for the moment.....I sold my Escape to my son-in-law after someone bashed in his
car, and he always liked Ford products....and the Escape could handle his trailer (for riding lawnmower and trips to
Lowes).  So guess what, I miss it....lol.  I am looking for another used car in good condition.

Klaas....I am amazed about your ability on the exercise bike.....12 miles is huge.  Bet your knees are in good shape!!

On to the dish for the family reunion.....I stuffed peppers today and then used some of the stuffing in rice for what we call dirty rice.  I have never liked the name. but the dish can be very good.  There is always one thing about these dishes....you just have to have good ground chuck or ground beef....and I was not so excited about this package
from local store......so I think I will be driving about 25 miles to a grocery which has a meat market in the back....and
great ground beef.  Do you remember when ground beef was a dollar or so a pound??  The one I just got was 2.5 pounds for $10...!!

Okay I woke in the middle night and guess I should sign off.  Thanks to you both.  Mere   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:52 AM »

Mere, I'd say we have quite a variety!  

Sheltie, Prissy (she'll be 12 in September)
Jack Russell's, Dieter & Sabre
Border Collie mix, Lily
Lab mix, Jasmine & Clementine
Black Mouth Cur, Toby
The puppies seem to be a mix of long bodied dog, not sure what breed on that part, lol, they all have shorter legs too, some also have beards like a wired haired terrier, one looks definitely dachshund, and one is catahoula colored, lol.  We've named them, Lil Blue, Harvey, Bretagne, and Bevo (she's the one that looks like a dachshund, she's burnt orange with white on her chest and tips of feet).  Harvey has stand up ears that look a little large for his body, lol.  They're all so sweet and precious, they just want all the love they can get!

Clementine, she was in sad shape when she showed up here.  She'd been dumped, starving and had mange really bad.  I finally saw her after I'd heard her crying out back two nights in a row.  I thought it must be a dog that had been hit or was really sick or something, it was so pitiful!  But she was just hungry and the other dogs were keeping her away from the food!  She was almost feral, very shy of us.  I started putting a food bowl far away from the others especially for her, and after a few days she started letting us get closer to her.  One of her eyes is a brilliant blue, so pretty.  After a week here, she came in heat, so we took her in and had her spayed.  She was treated for the mange too, and is doing great now, she's still somewhat shy but will come to be petted with the others.  She and Jasmine have mothered the puppies so sweetly, it's heartwarming.  They lay down and play with them, but also watch out for them when they're out exploring.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:49:36 AM by texasmom » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: August 05, 2016, 12:01:19 AM »

can't help but wonder about 4 and the some of the other monkeys.
Really do miss coming on here and seeing so many friends.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: August 05, 2016, 01:24:57 PM »

I miss them too Sister.  I think once JSM left others stopped visiting her thread.  That's why I ended up closing that particular thread, why have a JSM thread without JSM.  Now poor JSM has gone through a devastating loss, I just hope that all those who became friends with her through this site have remained friends with her outside of this site.   
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 10, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

I feel the same, Sister.  But I haven't been logging on regularly either. Trying to juggle a job and keeping my grandson.
How are your dogs?
I so very often wonder about 4 Donks too since she is in AL like me.  I hope she is doing well.
I can't even stay awake at night to watch the Olympics and this is my favorite thing to watch!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:17 PM »

Mere - check in when you can, I worry about you with all the rain in Louisiana!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.