March 28, 2024, 07:56:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 785990 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: August 21, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »

Blue Moon.....what a fun day.  Please let us know what it is like.  Mere   

About 30 minutes away, looks like about 1/4 has occurred, looks like a hunk of cheese with the top part bitten out of it.  It is dim light now, real errie quiet, no birds singing, wind blowing, temps falling.  On my way outside to sit on the front porch to take it in.  We have only 1min 38sec for totality so no pics from me.  It is wild watching this.

Awesome is all I can say.  The sky got completely dark, could see it without glasses for about a minute, I have about 4 hummingbirds that went crazy flying in circles running into each other.  They were amazing to watch.  Everything else got very quiet and then neighborhood kids starting setting off fireworks and yelling.  We live on a busy road but cars stopped at side of road and got out to watch.  I loved it.  Too much excitement for this retired person.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 21, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »

Hi....what a great experience....!  Our sun went away for a bit but it was still light outside.  I watched most of it on TV.
Thanks for covering it from your location....missing you......Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #602 on: August 22, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Blue Moon!  What a cool experience, making memories!   

A few people brought welder's masks to watch it through at work.   

I was in protect the eyes at all costs mode, and watched it on TV.  I know, party pooper!!!!     

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: August 22, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »

Thanks Mere and TM.  It was an awesome experience.  I can't explain the glow of the sun behind the moon-corona I think they called it.  It was like GOD was reaching out to you.  All the people outside in our neighborhood did the same as us, complete silence as we stared up at this.  It sends chills down your spine.

Mere, next time you go visit your old home you need to stop by here.  Hope you are doing good Mere and loving your new home.  So good to know you are close to your family.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: August 24, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »

Please all our Texas members be safe with this new storm! 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:18 PM »

Please all our Texas members be safe with this new storm! 

I 2nd that Klaas.  It could be a cat 4 but more likely a cat 3 storm with 20' waves and 15-30" of rain.  I think they are calling for mandatory evacuations.

Stay safe all.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »

I hear flooding in Dickenson TX is pretty bad, isn't that where Texas Equusearch is located?  Prayers to all in the path of the storms and flooding!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Serious Question?  Does anyone know if someone is shot straight in the middle of the forehead if it would cause a black eye and a huge knot on one side of the top of the head?

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I rarely even come here anymore but saw your post and signed in to answer you.
When! a bullet enters the brain it can bounce around in the skull and cause the injuries you describe and others.  The lump you describe is probably where a piece of the skull was misplaced or even the bullet itself lodged.
If you don't want to talk about it, I understand, but I am curious to know how this happened.

Hello to monkeys.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »

I hear flooding in Dickenson TX is pretty bad, isn't that where Texas Equusearch is located?  Prayers to all in the path of the storms and flooding!

Klaas.....that is their location.  I heard that TE went over and got their grandkids out of the flooded area.
It is hard to watch this for hours and hours, but I have family in Katy, TX and my sister is in San Antonio.
I wonder if they realize what they are facing.  I remember the houses filled with water for 6 weeks and absolutely
nothing could be salvaged.  The water became toxic with gas, oil, chemicals from vehicles.  The grass was gone.
There were no birds or insects.  There were no trees, plants, bushes....  Everything was dead.

My kids had to knock down their house.....and then found that the ground would be affected with the toxins for some time so they sold the property "äs is".....and moved north of Lake Pontchartrain.

I think of the hours my daughter spent in lines for everything.  The Post Office was dispensing mail at one location and everyone in the whole area stood in line....she waited four hours. 

The paperwork for FEMA never ends.  Same for insurance.  I guess same for everything. There is a box of Katrina papers that is still in the closet. SIL and daughter both lost jobs as the businesses were flooded.  Daughter became employed about 90 miles away....and still commutes.

It took them 8 months to find a new home.....having moved 8 times to various locations.  All of the realestate was priced sky high.  But....they love where they are....out in the country in a small town.  SIL is retired and renovating the house.  DIL loves job.

I am a mile from them.  Can you tell how this affects us all for so many years?  There should be a book to help people through it.  Hugs, Mere   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: August 30, 2017, 07:01:12 AM »

Klaas.....that is their location.  I heard that TE went over and got their grandkids out of the flooded area.
It is hard to watch this for hours and hours, but I have family in Katy, TX and my sister is in San Antonio.
I wonder if they realize what they are facing.  I remember the houses filled with water for 6 weeks and absolutely
nothing could be salvaged.  The water became toxic with gas, oil, chemicals from vehicles.  The grass was gone.
There were no birds or insects.  There were no trees, plants, bushes....  Everything was dead.

My kids had to knock down their house.....and then found that the ground would be affected with the toxins for some time so they sold the property "äs is".....and moved north of Lake Pontchartrain.

I think of the hours my daughter spent in lines for everything.  The Post Office was dispensing mail at one location and everyone in the whole area stood in line....she waited four hours. 

The paperwork for FEMA never ends.  Same for insurance.  I guess same for everything. There is a box of Katrina papers that is still in the closet. SIL and daughter both lost jobs as the businesses were flooded.  Daughter became employed about 90 miles away....and still commutes.

It took them 8 months to find a new home.....having moved 8 times to various locations.  All of the realestate was priced sky high.  But....they love where they are....out in the country in a small town.  SIL is retired and renovating the house.  DIL loves job.

I am a mile from them.  Can you tell how this affects us all for so many years?  There should be a book to help people through it.  Hugs, Mere   

Good morning, Mere!   

Thankful to be safe and dry here so far.  I was thinking so many of the same things last night as I watched the coverage.  One family I know that got out of Houston before the flood were told to go on their vacation as planned because it would be at least three weeks before an insurance adjuster would even talk to them.  They filed early.  Their house was built 50 years ago, and had never flooded.  They're mourning possessions left behind, not making sure things were put up higher, etc.  They're young, they don't understand yet.  But they will when they go home with their little ones.  It's sad.  Yes, there should be a book to help them.  Hugs, backatcha! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: October 11, 2017, 08:36:53 PM »

Klaas, you ok out there? 

Hope you and any other California monkeys are safe from the fires! 

Just devastating!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: October 13, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »

Klaas, you ok out there? 

Just devastating!   

No fires near me but I have friends that live up north near the Napa fires and they had to evacuate.  Northern California is still way out of control, it's horrible.  It is devastaating!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: October 14, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »

Klaas, you ok out there? 

Just devastating!   

No fires near me but I have friends that live up north near the Napa fires and they had to evacuate.  Northern California is still way out of control, it's horrible.  It is devastaating!

Thank goodness you're safe!   
Heartbreaking seeing the devastation.   

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: October 14, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »

How sad we went to TN a few years ago a lot of the beautiful cabins were gone from the fires  they had to evacuate. Our cabin was ok but you could smell the fire 

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: October 16, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »

It's good to be back.  Gracious, it will take forever and a day to read everything.

Hope all are well.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: October 16, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »

It's good to be back.  Gracious, it will take forever and a day to read everything.

Hope all are well.

Sister! 
Welcome back!  You've been missed!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: October 18, 2017, 08:10:21 PM »

Hope all are well.

Sister!   

So good to see you!   

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends....!!!  Hope you are having a wonderful day with your family and friends.
It is a beautiful sunny day here.  Big hugs.....Mere   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: November 24, 2017, 07:56:42 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends....!!!  Hope you are having a wonderful day with your family and friends.
It is a beautiful sunny day here.  Big hugs.....Mere   

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!  Was way too hot here yesterday to be running the oven all day.  It was 90 both 11/22 and 11/23, a bit cooler today but not much.  That's the 2nd time in the last 2 months I got stuck cooking a turkey in the oven when we wanted to BBQ it.  When it's really hot here it's usually very still and no wind makes it hard to charcoal BBQ.    Still, everything turned out great and we had a nice time.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: November 24, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

Klaas, glad you had a good Thanksgiving.  Wow, 90's. Is that unusual for this time of the year?  We had a great day.  My husband's b'day fell on Thanksgiving this year so I fixed his dinner today instead of yesterday.  2 days of good food! 

Mere, hope you had a great day.  We are heading to Gatlinburg in the next week of so.  Going to take the trolley all over to see the Christmas lights.  It should be pretty this year.  Last year it was on fire.  Amazing how they have come back to life.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.