April 16, 2024, 05:22:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #62 12/03/14  (Read 787864 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: March 24, 2023, 07:26:59 PM »

Prayers for people in Rolling Fork MS. They just called out for any help they can get. Tornado outbreak tonight. We are waiting for midnight (again) for a tornado (again).  I am sick to my stomach. We have one shelter we could go to but it holds 200 and this area has a population of 25,000. Appears the Mississippi tornado is devastating.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: March 24, 2023, 09:43:46 PM »

Prayers for people in Rolling Fork MS. They just called out for any help they can get. Tornado outbreak tonight. We are waiting for midnight (again) for a tornado (again).  I am sick to my stomach. We have one shelter we could go to but it holds 200 and this area has a population of 25,000. Appears the Mississippi tornado is devastating.

Severe storms hitting Nashville. Hope these storms break up before they hit our town. Watch will be until about 2am before we are in the clear. Thanks goodness I am retired and don't have to work tomorrow. So sad the destruction in Mississippi.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #782 on: March 27, 2023, 06:13:54 AM »

I've seen lots of photos and video of Rolling Fork, so heartbreaking!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: March 31, 2023, 02:58:04 PM »

TexasMom, 11 tornado warnings in Texas. Are you affected yet?  This is wild. They are telling us tornado alley has moved over and now Texas, Missouri, Kentucky Tennessee have moved into what they are calling Dixie Alley.  I absolutely freak out anymore with warnings being issued.  Pray for everyone's safety.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: April 08, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »

TexasMom, 11 tornado warnings in Texas. Are you affected yet?  This is wild. They are telling us tornado alley has moved over and now Texas, Missouri, Kentucky Tennessee have moved into what they are calling Dixie Alley.  I absolutely freak out anymore with warnings being issued.  Pray for everyone's safety.

No damage here, thank goodness!  Some scary moments but we're all good! 

It seems like it's more often now, and with the damage I've seen it's obvious that all we really can do is pray! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: May 10, 2023, 07:10:34 PM »

https://www.wbrc.com/2023/05/11/peru-approves-temporary-extradition-joran-van-der-sloot-united-states

Peru approves temporary extradition of Joran van der Sloot to United States

By WBRC Staff and Jonathan Hardison
Published: May. 10, 2023 at 7:38 PM CDT|Updated: 24 minutes ago

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - The man accused of killing Mountain Brook teen Natalee Holloway during a high school graduation trip to Aruba in May 2005 is on his way back to the U.S. to face criminal charges, according to Holloway’s family.

In a statement released Wednesday night, Beth Holloway says the government of Peru has agreed to temporarily extradite Joran van der Sloot to Birmingham to face federal wire fraud and extortion charges related to an alleged attempt to extort the Holloway family for money in exchange for details about how Holloway died and where her remains are located.

“In May 2005 my 18-year-old daughter Natalee Holloway left Birmingham for Aruba to attend her high school graduation trip and was never seen again,” Holloway said in her statement. “She was abducted and murdered there. Now almost exactly eighteen years later, her perpetrator, Joran van der Sloot, has been extradited to Birmingham to answer for his crimes. While I will have much more to say later about what is happening, for now I want to express my sincere gratitude to President Dina Boluarte, the President of Peru, the warm people of Peru, the family of Stephany Flores, the FBI in Miami, Florida and in Birmingham, Alabama, the U.S. Attorney’s office in Birmingham, the U.S. Embassy in Peru and the Peruvian Embassy in the U.S., my longtime attorney John Q. Kelly who has worked tirelessly on this case, and George Seymore and Marc Wachtenheim of Patriot Strategies.

I was blessed to have had Natalee in my life for 18 years, and as of this month, I have been without her for exactly 18 years. She would be 36 years old now. It has been a very long and painful journey, but the persistence of many is going to pay off. Together, we are finally getting justice for Natalee.”

Van Der Sloot is imprisoned in Peru and serving a 28-year prison sentence for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramírez in 2010.

The federal indictment filed in 2010 alleges Van der Sloot demanded Beth Holloway wire him $250,000 in exchange for revealing the location of Natalee Holloway’s remains. Federal prosecutors say Holloway wired $25,000 and Van der Sloot lead the family to a location in Aruba where he said Natalee Holloway’s remains were buried, but knew that to be false.

“We hope that this action will enable a process that will help to bring peace to Mrs. Holloway and to her family, who are grieving in the same way that the Flores family in Peru is grieving for the loss of their daughter, Stephany” said Ambassador Gustavo Meza-Cuadra, Peru’s Ambassador to the United States.

The U.S. Attorney’s office in Birmingham declined to comment on Holloway’s statement or the potential extradition of Van der Sloot.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: December 31, 2023, 10:17:48 PM »

Don't think I will make it to the New Year so I send love and wishes for a Happy New Year.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.