March 19, 2024, 01:59:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police investigating case of missing East Toledo girl Elaina Steinfurth 6/2/13  (Read 51797 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »

Thank you texasmom.  I see from the article you posted, the remains found haven't been officially identified. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »

IIRC, didnt a search dog hit on a garage or shed at the house from
where Elaina went missing

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/09/06/Toledo-police-believe-human-remains-may-be-missing-toddler.html

Police defend search for missing toddler
Elaina Steinfurth's grandfather says box not initially in garage
BLADE STAFF

morning pc
http://www.13abc.com/video?clipId=9279036&autostart=true

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »

afternoon pc

Coroner: DNA analysis necessary to identify remains
 Posted: Sep 05, 2013 4:40 PM EDT Updated: Sep 06, 2013 3:34 PM EDT
13abc.com Brian Trauring, News Director
video
http://www.13abc.com/story/23352660/police-activity-reported-in-baby-elaina-neighborhood

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2013, 06:04:17 PM »

Volunteer claims to have smelled something in garage where human remains were found
Submitted by WTOL Web Staff
Thursday, September 5th, 2013, 11:02pm

One of the volunteers at that time spoke out Thursday evening, saying she had asked police to search the garage near Steven King's home months ago.

"We had a group that went down in the alleys next to the King's house, and there was a gentleman who came out with a two-by-four, threatening my group to get out of that yard and stay away from that garage," Cundick explained. "So that kind of threw up a red flag."

On Sept. 5, three months after Elaina's disappearance, police executed a search warrant of Steven King's home and the area around it, after receiving new information in the case. Inside the garage Cundick mentioned, police found a box of human remains.

Cundick said after her search group was warned to stay away from the garage many weeks ago, they went back to that area with a search dog.

"[The dog] started hitting on the fence and started jumping up in the air, and was really close to the garage and we just knew something did not feel right," she said.
more
http://easttoledo.toledonewsnow.com/news/news/215571-volunteer-claims-have-smelled-something-garage-where-human-remains-were-found

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »

IIRC, didnt a search dog hit on a garage or shed at the house from
where Elaina went missing

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/09/06/Toledo-police-believe-human-remains-may-be-missing-toddler.html

Police defend search for missing toddler
Elaina Steinfurth's grandfather says box not initially in garage
BLADE STAFF

morning pc
http://www.13abc.com/video?clipId=9279036&autostart=true

I'm not casting stones, but "Volunteer group, Justice for Nevea, told police that their own cadaver dog got a hit on the garage, but that lead was never followed. And somehow, the body went undiscovered."

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=943499#.UiqZbT_rKjV

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:17 AM »

Steven King tells Toledo Police where to find Elaina Steinfurth remains
by Chris Delcamp
Posted: 09.06.2013 at 7:26 PM

After a brief court appearance Thursday morning, Steven spent quite some time at police headquarters. He had apparently been working on a plea deal before giving out any of the information of the whereabouts of Elaina.

End.
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=943499

Sad

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »

Rest in peace with the Angels baby Elaina  an angelic monkey
You are now far away from the cruel and heartless adults in your world.
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=9239216
Baby Elaina Steinfurth's remains likely in box found in Ohio garage, police said
September 6, 2013

September 6, 2013 (TOLEDO, Ohio) -- Baby Elaina's remains are likely the human remains inside a box found on the Ohio property where the 19-month old was last seen. Elaina Steinfurth disappeared three months ago.

Those human remains were found in the rafters of a garage, police said. Investigators said they found the remains Thursday inside a box that was behind other containers and piles of trash in the detached garage.

An autopsy conducted Friday was inconclusive, and DNA tests will be needed to determine if the remains are of 19-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, a county coroner said. Investigators, though, were confident that what they feared was true.

"We found what we believe may be baby Elaina," said Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs.

The home and the garage where the box was located belong to the family of a man who had been dating the girl's mother.

Authorities, including the FBI, have searched homes, vacant buildings and the Maumee River near downtown Toledo for any sign of Elaina over the past three months. Volunteers also have looked through neighborhoods and parks.

Officers searched both the home and the garage in the days after Elaina disappeared.

They went to back to the home Thursday and removed the box with the remains, just hours after King appeared in court at a hearing where his trial date was scheduled.

Angela Steinfurth's stepfather, Richard Schiewe, said the box was not in the garage the day after the little girl was reported missing. He said he went into the garage with police when they searched the building.

"That body was not in the rafters," he said Friday. "Somebody went and got that body and put it in there."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »

Steven King tells Toledo Police where to find Elaina Steinfurth remains
Posted: 09.06.2013 at 7:26 PMUpdated: 09.07.2013 at 12:30 PM

Toledo Police have confirmed that "immature human remains" were removed from the garage located behind the house on 704 Federal St. during a search Thursday. The family of Steven King tell WNWO that police found the remains because Steven, while in custody, told them exactly where to look.

Witnesses say they recovered a box covered in a tarp. In that box were the remains of a young child, presumably Elaina's.

"We wanted to find the body. We wanted to find that baby, which we did," said Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs during a press conference Friday morning.

The house on Federal Street was searched by authorities at least four times, but only the house. WNWO got an exclusive look inside the bedroom where Elaina was last seen, which was left a complete mess by authorities after one of those searches.

"We've conducted a couple search warrants at the house. Specifically, the garage, no. Obviously our investigation led us there yesterday," TPD Detective Wes Bombrys said at the press conference.

The family members of Steven King tell WNWO that Steven told police that the box containing the remains of Elaina was located in a small loft in the rafters of the garage. "It was located near the far corner of that garage under quite a bit of other boxes, trash and things of that nature," said another officer at the press conference.

The garage had been searched at least twice before, but police said it was too dangerous to send cadaver dogs inside.

Volunteer group, Justice for Nevaeh, told police that their own cadaver dog got a hit on the garage, but that lead was never followed. And somehow, the body went undiscovered.

"We searched the garage to the best of our ability at that time. The location is very tough to search," said an officer at the presser after reporters questioned why the police had not found the body that was feet away from where they were looking.

Video taken the day after Elaina went missing, shows the side door to the garage clearly open, indicating someone had gone inside. "We're not going to get into how many times we checked here, how many times we checked that," said Chief Diggs.

Julie King tells us there is a old car in the garage, and the roof is now dented in due to searchers standing on it, attempting to look up into the rafters. However, no one saw the box that contained the missing girl, until, after three months, Steven King told police exactly where to look.

Steven's family said they got word Wednesday from Steven's attorney, that he was going to be giving police new information in the case.

After a brief court appearance Thursday morning, Steven spent quite some time at police headquarters. He had apparently been working on a plea deal before giving out any of the information of the whereabouts of Elaina.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

The detached garage at 704 Federal St.  / WNWO

Steven King in court.  / File

Also, there's a video at the link

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

Since we are really certain it's her, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread.  Poor Elaina RIP 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »

Rest in peace, Elaina.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »

Since we are really certain it's her, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread.  Poor Elaina RIP 

Rest in peace Elaina.   an angelic monkey

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »

I have yet to see any photos of the child smiling 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »

I have yet to see any photos of the child smiling 

And now we never will.

Poor baby

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 01:21:54 PM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=944009
Justice for Elaina marches downtown
September 9, 2013

TOLEDO -- Elaina Steinfurth’s family made its new message loud and clear on Sunday, at a prayer vigil right in the heart of downtown Toledo.

“Bring Elaina Home,” has been the rally cry at weekly prayer vigils since Elaina disappeared on June 2. After police believe human remains found last week are those of Elaina, her supporters have a new message.

“Justice for Elaina, Justice for Elaina,” chanted over 300 supporters, as they marched from the Lucas County Court House to the jail where Angela Steinfurth and Steven King are being held as they await trial in relation to the case.

Inmates could be heard banging on the prison walls as marchers walked past.

“We said we were gonna rock this jail house today, and I believe we rocked it,” said Elaina’s grandfather, Terry Steinfurth, Sr. He added, “They know we’re out here and they know what we want. I think we’re gonna get it.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57601999-504083/elaina-steinfurth-update-remains-found-in-garage-likely-those-of-missing-ohio-toddler-police-say/

Elaina Steinfurth
CBS affiliate WTOL
 an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=944381#.Ui6KmtI4SSr

BREAKING: Baby Elaina DNA results complete, Toledo Police notified
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 09.09.2013 at 7:06 PMUpdated: 09.09.2013 at 7:50 PM

The Toledo Police Department says it will release the findings of DNA tests from human remains, found inside an east Toledo garage, on Tuesday after discussing the results with the Steinfurth family and prosecutor's office.

At 7 p.m. Monday, the Ohio Attorney General's office told WNWO that they had verbally released the results of DNA testing in the Elaina Steinfurth case to Toledo Police. The results were submitted around 6:30 p.m.

The Ohio Attorney General's office said Monday that the Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) lab worked through the weekend to test the immature human skeletal remains discovered on Thursday at the home where baby Elaina was last seen June 2.

WATCH: Entire Toledo Police press conference

Toledo Police confirmed to WNWO, Monday afternoon, that they asked testing be expedited on the remains. The Ohio Attorney General's office also confirmed that request was granted.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=944381#.Ui6KmtI4SSr

BREAKING: Baby Elaina DNA results complete, Toledo Police notified
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 09.09.2013 at 7:06 PMUpdated: 09.09.2013 at 7:50 PM

The Toledo Police Department says it will release the findings of DNA tests from human remains, found inside an east Toledo garage, on Tuesday after discussing the results with the Steinfurth family and prosecutor's office.

At 7 p.m. Monday, the Ohio Attorney General's office told WNWO that they had verbally released the results of DNA testing in the Elaina Steinfurth case to Toledo Police. The results were submitted around 6:30 p.m.

The Ohio Attorney General's office said Monday that the Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) lab worked through the weekend to test the immature human skeletal remains discovered on Thursday at the home where baby Elaina was last seen June 2.

WATCH: Entire Toledo Police press conference

Toledo Police confirmed to WNWO, Monday afternoon, that they asked testing be expedited on the remains. The Ohio Attorney General's office also confirmed that request was granted.

Thank you for confirming the sad news of what we all suspected, texasmom.  I'm sure we're all waiting to find out the cause of death and if there was an evidence of injuries or illness.  Right behind that is the justice train, gathering steam.  JMHO

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-ex-boyfriend-indicted-in-murder-of-elaina-steinfurth/

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.