March 18, 2024, 11:07:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police investigating case of missing East Toledo girl Elaina Steinfurth 6/2/13  (Read 51790 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »

Terry Steinfurth-(Baby Elaina's grandather) June 22 SEARCH
"He never realized there were that many people who cared."

Video:
http://www.wspd.com/pages/fredl.html?article=11420055
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »

The mother of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was seen leaving between midnight and 1 a.m. the morning of the toddler’s disappearance.

Dennis Bolfa, who lives across from the East Toledo home in the 700 block of Federal Street where the toddler was last seen, said he saw Elaina’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her boyfriend Steven W. King leave in their van and return 10-15 minutes later.

“A couple days before, she said, ‘[Elaina’s father Terry Steinfurth Jr.] ain’t getting my kid,’” Bolfa said. “She’s got something to do with it, no doubt.”

“They woke me up with their arguing between noon and 1 p.m. I had been taking a nap,” Bolfa said. “They were yelling back and forth, and [Steinfurth Jr.] kept saying, ‘I want my kid! I want my kid!’”

Angel Zam, a family friend, said she heard Angela screaming at Elaina.

I’ve seen her be abusive, have heard her scream [to Elaina], ‘You little bastard!’ You know, stuff you just don’t say,’ she said. “She was really abusive to the kids. She had a lot of issues. I felt sorry for her.”

Zak Zam, Angel’s son, said he witnessed similar incidents.

“She just seemed very violent toward the [4-year-old daughter]. Slapped her across the face, said, ‘You little b*tch.’ Those are some of the worse things that I’ve seen,” he said

Ginger Smith, Elaina's cousin, assists volunteers by offering food and drink to search parties.

Angel said Angela would leave Elaina alone for hours at a time.

That baby was in the playpen for 20 out of 24 hours. I feel so bad because I didn’t do anything. I feel ashamed,” she said.

Source: http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/06/19/neighbor-adds-new-clue-to-missing-toddler-case/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/24/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Bizarre Opening to Zimmerman Trial; Latest on Missing Child
Aired June 24, 2013 - 20:00:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/24/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Where is Baby Elaina?; Trial Of The Trust Fund Kid
Aired June 24, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/25/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Baby Elaina`s Mom in Court Today; George Zimmerman Trial; Letter from Suspect To Victim
Aired June 25, 2013 - 21:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:18 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/26/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Where Is Baby Elaina?; Zimmerman Trial Analysis
Aired June 26, 2013 - 21:00   ET

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

I believe I heard on the news, Texas Equuissearch is going to aid in the search?. Could be wrong, as I haven't heard anything recently.  For you old time posters, you may remember Marlee, a former poster here, lived close to the Toledo area and I would count on her helping in the search.  She came to Columbus, when we helped TES perform some searches here. Awesome lady. I would love to find her again and reach out to help Alaina search. I lost her # after several new cell phones didn't carry over all my phone #'s.  If you read here still, please email or call me! 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »

Here is the link to Texas Equusearch's website:  http://texasequusearch.org/

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2013, 07:43:27 AM »

Potential new lead in search for Baby Elaina
Posted: Jun 30, 2013 5:41 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 30, 2013 5:50 PM EDT

The family says divers may hit the waters once again on Monday after new evidence was turned over this weekend.

Police aren't commenting on the find, but the family of fisherman Patrick Howard tells us that he found a tuft of brownish blonde hair on his fishing line Saturday morning while fishing just south of the Anthony Wayne Bridge.

Elaina's father, Terry Steinfurth, Jr., expressed frustration on Saturday because authorities told him that they wouldn't have divers in the water until Monday.

http://www.13abc.com/story/22726736/potential-new-lead-in-search-for-baby-elaina

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »

http://www.13abc.com/story/22735649/hair-found-in-maumee-river-sent-for-dna-analysis

Hair found in Maumee River sent for DNA analysis

Posted: Jul 01, 2013 5:02 PM EST Updated: Jul 01, 2013 8:48 PM EST

It has been nearly a month since a Toledo toddler went missing. There was no active search for little Elaina Steinfurth on Monday, despite the fact that potential evidence has surfaced.

Family members of baby Elaina thought a dive team would be searching Monday, after a fisherman snagged his line on a clump of hair over the weekend. But there has been no police activity at the location under the Anthony Wayne Bridge.

"What kind of hair is it? Is it synthetic? Animal hair? Human hair? If it is human hair, is it Elaina's hair? We don't know yet," says Toledo Police Sergeant Joe Heffernan.

Officers collected the potential forensic evidence for further analysis, but it could take weeks to get the results of DNA analysis.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 10:39:51 AM »

http://www.13abc.com/story/22735649/hair-found-in-maumee-river-sent-for-dna-analysis

Hair found in Maumee River sent for DNA analysis

Posted: Jul 01, 2013 5:02 PM EST Updated: Jul 01, 2013 8:48 PM EST

It has been nearly a month since a Toledo toddler went missing. There was no active search for little Elaina Steinfurth on Monday, despite the fact that potential evidence has surfaced.

Family members of baby Elaina thought a dive team would be searching Monday, after a fisherman snagged his line on a clump of hair over the weekend. But there has been no police activity at the location under the Anthony Wayne Bridge.

"What kind of hair is it? Is it synthetic? Animal hair? Human hair? If it is human hair, is it Elaina's hair? We don't know yet," says Toledo Police Sergeant Joe Heffernan.

Officers collected the potential forensic evidence for further analysis, but it could take weeks to get the results of DNA analysis.

I don't know really, but would it take that long to determine, at the least, if it is human?

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

Search for answers continues in Steinfurth case
07/03/2013
(No Date on article but there was a date in the  URL)

Terry Steinfurth Sr. said his granddaughter was always happy and playful when he saw her.

“She was just starting to walk. A week before she went missing, I found out she could high-five,” he said. “When she was born, she had her foot turned in, but she had therapy for it and was walking fine. She had blue eyes. A lot of people say she looks like her mom, but when she was a baby, she looked like my son.”

Witnesses say Elaina’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, would leave Elaina in a playpen for most of the day. At 18 months, she could not complete full sentences and was “jabbering.”

Angel Zam, a family friend, said Angela would leave Elaina alone for hours at a time.

“That baby was in the playpen for 20 out of 24 hours. I feel so bad because I didn’t do anything. I feel ashamed,” she said.

Bolfa said “something wasn’t right” about Angela’s initial reaction.

“She was pacing up and down the street, and then she walked up to me and asked for a cigarette. She went from crying to smiling. How do you go from fake crying to a smile?” he said. “Something ain’t right there. If I lost my kid, I wouldn’t be asking for a cigarette. That’s a crock of s***. If it was my kid, I’d be going crazy.”

“If she has family support, she could be already out,” said Shon Hunter, owner of In and Out 24/7 Bail Bonds.

Schiewe told Toledo Free Press on July 3 he was working to get her out of jail within days.

The possibility of Angela being back on the street raises questions concerning her safety, given the national attention her missing child has garnered.

Angela was seen leaving the Federal Street home between midnight and 1 a.m. the morning of the toddler’s disappearance.

Bolfa, who lives across from the King home, said he saw Angela and her boyfriend Steven W. King leave in their van and return 10-15 minutes later.

On June 12, police seized the van Bolfa saw the couple leaving in.

“I thought they were just going to get cigarettes or something,” he said. “It didn’t dawn on me at the time.”

Two days later, Toledo Free Press broke the news that a family reported a tip that Angela had confessed to her cellmate about what happened on the early morning of June 2.

According to Elam, Angela’s boyfriend Steven threw Elaina against the wall between the night of June 1 and the morning of June 2, injuring her. King then put the toddler down for a nap and when Angela checked on her later, Elaina was dead.

“They wrapped [Elaina] up in a blanket, and took her down by the High-Level Bridge and [Steven] stood behind [Angela] and she threw this baby in the river,” Adams said.

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/07/03/search-for-answers-continues-in-steinfurth-case/

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »

Throwing a baby in the water . . . I don't throw trash out . . . let alone the body of a precious baby.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=917005

After 2 reports of finding 'hair', Baby Elaina searchers comb bottom of Maumee River themselves
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 07.02.2013 at 9:22 PM

TOLEDO -- A new report has surfaced that another fisherman turned over a "clump of hair", to Toledo Police, that was allegedly retrieved from the water below the High Level Bridge.

The information is the latest in a series of potential leads in the case of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, who disappeared from an East Toledo home on June 2nd.

In the weeks since Baby Elaina's disappearance, there have been several reports that her body may have been disposed of in the Maumee River near the High Level Bridge.

The latest fisherman, Greg Boswell, tells WNWO that he found the "hair" on June 23rd, almost a week before the Toledo Blade reported that another fisherman, named Patrick Howard, made a similar discovery.

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=917005

After 2 reports of finding 'hair', Baby Elaina searchers comb bottom of Maumee River themselves
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 07.02.2013 at 9:22 PM

TOLEDO -- A new report has surfaced that another fisherman turned over a "clump of hair", to Toledo Police, that was allegedly retrieved from the water below the High Level Bridge.

The information is the latest in a series of potential leads in the case of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth, who disappeared from an East Toledo home on June 2nd.

In the weeks since Baby Elaina's disappearance, there have been several reports that her body may have been disposed of in the Maumee River near the High Level Bridge.

The latest fisherman, Greg Boswell, tells WNWO that he found the "hair" on June 23rd, almost a week before the Toledo Blade reported that another fisherman, named Patrick Howard, made a similar discovery.

Thanks for this report Karma.  I wonder how long until the DNA results are in?

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2013, 08:06:02 AM »

You're welcome Sister
If Ohio is anything like Michigan,could take forever.I think they have enough evidence now to just search under that bridge already.

Karma Is Coming

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »

You're welcome Sister
If Ohio is anything like Michigan,could take forever.I think they have enough evidence now to just search under that bridge already.
Yes, it does seem to take so very long for DNA.
I hope they recover Elaina -- even finding a body can sometimes be better than just wondering.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »

We want JUSTICE!!!   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »

Lot's of pics here also.

Elaina Steinfurth Search Losing Hope? DNA Test Of Human Hair In River To Take Weeks; Will Missing Ohio Toddler's Mom Stay In Jail? [PHOTOS & REPORT]

By Beth Roeser July 9, 2013 7:16 PM EDT

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/6601/20130709/elaina-steinfurth-search-losing-hope-dna-test-hair-angela-body-found-ohio-jail.htm

Has the search for Elaina Steinfurth reached a dead end? The Ohio toddler was reported missing on June 2 after her mother, Angela Steinfurth, claimed she had disappeared after being put down for a nap. Though Angela has been indicted on a charge of obstructing justice in connection with the case — to which she has pleaded not guilty — the lack of progress in the search for Baby Elaina has frustrated family, friends, and volunteer search organizers.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2013, 01:45:49 PM »

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/22870499/elainas-family-to-focus-on-recovering-still-has-hope

Elaina's family to focus on recovering, still has hope
Posted: Jul 17, 2013 11:24 PM EST Updated: Jul 17, 2013 11:24 PM EST

Elaina went missing at the beginning of June, and although family members say they are not giving up hope, they need to be realistic about the situation. They say they are now slowing down their search efforts and focusing on recovery.

"I gotta kind of take a step back and make sure my other daughter is getting the help she needs, and is getting through everything the way she needs to, and just trying to have somewhat of a normal life," said TJ Steinfurth, Elaina's father.

After 45 days of searching and waiting and praying, the family announced their decision to focus on their own recovery.

"Most times in situations like this, a child would surface within 72 hours, and it's day 45," TJ said.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=923322

Baby Elaina's family cries foul, Police call toddler 'highest priority'
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 07.18.2013 at 8:24 PM

TOLEDO -- 46 days after the disappearance of an East Toledo toddler, Elaina Steinfurth, a Toledo Police spokesman says her disappearance "is their highest priority case right now".

Still, on Wednesday, Elaina's father and family expressed frustration with local officials that they say have not been keeping them informed on the case.

"They have not been in contact with us. Hopefully, we're going to say, they're doing their job out there," Baby Elaina's aunt Ginger Smith said.

"I actually went down to the Mayor's office and spoke to the Mayor of Police and Fire and she was supposed to get in touch with the two lead detectives to have them contact me more. Have they been? No." Elaina's father, T.J. Steinfurth added.

A spokesperson for Mayor Mike Bell's office disputes Ms. Smith and Mr.Steinfurth's claims saying that a Toledo Police Detective reported speaking with the family as recently as last week.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.