March 28, 2024, 04:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A TYRANT ILL, SUCCESSOR COULD BE WORSE  (Read 6027 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 01, 2006, 06:57:10 AM »

HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuban President Fidel Castro underwent intestinal surgery on Monday and delegated government functions provisionally to his younger brother Raul Castro, the government said in a televised statement signed by the Cuban leader.

Castro, who turns 80 on August 13 and has led Cuba since a 1959 revolution, delegated his posts as first secretary of the ruling Communist Party, commander in chief of the armed forces and president of the executive council of state to his brother.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:25:36 AM »

Hi TylerRose,

Fidel and I have the same birthday - August 13 - but different years.

I'm very curious about the "intestinal bleeding" which Fidel said happened because of his recent busy schedule. I think he has cancer. FOX has reported that no further information has been released to the press. They are speculating that they don't know if he is dead or alive.

Raul, I've heard, has been in charge of political prisoners (in a horrible way - worse than how Fidel would have treated them) and that he will be easy to overthrow.

We will wait to see what happens next.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:48:26 AM »

I definitely think he is sicker than we know.  In fact, he may be resting comfortably in the morgue.  You know they will not let us know until they have the country under a vice grip kind of lock down, for fear of an uprising.  

His brother has to be not too far behind him in age.  The friendship between a dying Castro and a crazy Chavez, with Chavez honoring Che is very troubling to me.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

We can only hope they are both on their way out!  Your right, his ties to Chavez are very worrisome.   Let's hope for the demise of the Castro's and the opportunity for a Democracy.

I agree, Castro's illness is worse than they are saying, if he isn't already dead.  They are trying to gain a stronghold on the people, by stalling,  to avoid an uprising....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »

My best friend's parents are from Cuba.....

right now they are trying to reach family still there... no word can get in... lines down or busy....

I have heard from my friend that his brother is worse...

we need to pray for that situation as well as the Middle East...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »

So true, Mrs. Red.  It looks like things are all aligning.  There will be plagues and there will be wars and rumors of wars, and good will become evil and evil become good.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »

Not sure if Cuba can ever be anything but a Dictatorship.

I suspicion the successor after Raoul will be buddy buddy with Hugo and be able to keep himself in power because that's all the Cuban populace knows.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 11:25:50 PM »

Quote from: Carnut

I suspicion the successor after Raoul will be buddy buddy with Hugo and be able to keep himself in power because that's all the Cuban populace knows.[/quote

Car, I think it's more accurate to say that the Cubans fear for their lives.  I have admired my friend's family since she and I met over 15 years ago... and both of her brothers now serve in the US military... of course all of the kids are first generation Americans... but they still have a lot of family in Cuba..... I would love for it to fall.... I have heard from ppl that have traveled everywhere that Cuba is the most gorgeous island....

and I think everyone deserves freedom....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 06:19:14 PM »

Quote from: mrs. red
Quote from: "Carnut"

I suspicion the successor after Raoul will be buddy buddy with Hugo and be able to keep himself in power because that's all the Cuban populace knows.[/quote

Car, I think it's more accurate to say that the Cubans fear for their lives.  I have admired my friend's family since she and I met over 15 years ago... and both of her brothers now serve in the US military... of course all of the kids are first generation Americans... but they still have a lot of family in Cuba..... I would love for it to fall.... I have heard from ppl that have traveled everywhere that Cuba is the most gorgeous island....

and I think everyone deserves freedom....

Yeah, with all the Caribbean tourism from the U.S. going on, Cuba has really been missing out on a fortune of tourist money.

So close yet so far.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 10:14:04 PM »

When it hit the news that Fidel was having "stomach" surgery and temporarily turned the reins over to his brother, Raul, I knew something serious was going on with his health and I thought it was cancer. Now it's come out that he has intestinal cancer. We can't prove it but Fidel is over. And Raul and Hugo are best of friends.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 12:01:49 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
When it hit the news that Fidel was having "stomach" surgery and temporarily turned the reins over to his brother, Raul, I knew something serious was going on with his health and I thought it was cancer. Now it's come out that he has intestinal cancer. We can't prove it but Fidel is over. And Raul and Hugo are best of friends.

Yes, I heard this on the news too.  And don't forget their other buddy from Iran.  Now there is a scary threesome!   How old is Raul? Maybe he won't last long either.....  Who would be next to control?  Would there be a free election?

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »

Raul is old as well.

There won't be an election, dictatorships continure until overthrown, even when the dictator is elected legally as in Venezuela.

Surprising how people endure dictators just like they do Kings and Queens, do wonder what is in human nature that allows that.

Chavez will keep 'bearding the lion' until he gets what he deserves, pretty sure Iran and Cuba won't help when that happens.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 10:01:35 PM »

Raul Castro is a few years younger than Fidel but it has been said he is very evil.

Car, what does it mean "bearding the lion" ... and what does the whole sentence mean "Chavez will keep 'bearding the lion' until he gets what he deserves, pretty sure Iran and Cuba won't help when that happens."

Thanks in advance.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 10:27:05 PM »

Well, lessee

'If you confront a powerful or dangerous rival on their territory, you are bearding the lion in his own den.'

In my statement I mean't that Chavez was teasing the US and if he goes too far, he's gonna get his butt kicked.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:41 PM »

No .... what does "bearding" mean? I have only heard this expression in regard to gay men. Such as ... Merv Griffith has lady friends he accompanies to public events and they serve as his "beard" ... i.e., disguise for him being gay.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 10:38:45 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
No .... what does "bearding" mean? I have only heard this expression in regard to gay men. Such as ... Merv Griffith has lady friends he accompanies to public events and they serve as his "beard" ... i.e., disguise for him being gay.

Ok, my 'bearding' means being brave/dumb enough to grab the beard of a lion without getting killed, teasing a lion so to speak.

Have no idea what your bearding is about.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »

I explained what "bearding" means. We are getting way off topic, too.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 10:31:32 AM »

LOL, you two are cracking me up.  I didn't know what that term meant either, but thanks for the two explanations from each of you!  Learn something new every day!

But back on topic.   If they both die, is there somebody else in the family to take over?  Who would be next in charge outside of them?  I would think it perfect timing to overthrow them in thier old feeble positions.  Well, obviously their military is extremely loyal.  What incentive could be offered to the military to overthrow them?  Their both practically on their deathbeds...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.