April 30, 2024, 12:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $20 Billion - Border Security or NYC Climate Change?  (Read 1915 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 12, 2013, 06:15:06 AM »

Graham thinks the cost of border security at $20 billion is too high and un-affordable?  Securing the borders should be job one, ahead of welfare, amnesty...

"Graham, Cornyn trade public blows over Gang of 8 border amendment cost"

Graham, a Republican member of the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” that authored the comprehensive immigration reform bill, told reporters that Cornyn’s amendment, which would increase the threshold for border security, “as constructed, it’s gonna add 20 plus billion dollars” to the cost of reform.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/12/graham-cornyn-trade-public-blows-over-gang-of-8-border-amendment-cost/#ixzz2Vzmy9B2K

~~~

"New York lays out $20 billion plan to adapt to climate change"

(Reuters) - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Tuesday announced a $20 billion plan to prepare for rising sea levels and hotter summers expected as a result of climate change in the coming decades.

The ambitious proposal - which could become the benchmark for other cities dealing with climate change - could reshape Lower Manhattan's waterfront, with the possible addition of a "Seaport City" out of the East Side.

The more than 400-page plan, which follows widespread destruction wreaked by Superstorm Sandy last year, included about 250 recommendations ranging from new floodwalls and storm barriers to upgrades of power and telecommunications infrastructures

read more here - http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/11/us-climate-newyork-plan-idUSBRE95A10120130611

If one city can lay out mmore than $20 billion due to mother nature...

How is it that the nation can't afford $20 billion to secure the borders?  Keep more invaders out?  Secure America for American citizens?  People here legally?

What is wrong with this picture?

I imagine there is more than $20 billion in waste, fraud, abuse, cronyism, nepotism, favoritism...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »

Referring to the 11 million currently in the country unlawfully, he said, "Yes, they broke the rules; they didn't wait their turn. They shouldn't be let off easy.  They shouldn't be allowed to game the system.  But at the same time, the vast majority of these individuals aren't looking for any trouble.  They're just looking to provide for their families, contribute to their communities. `'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/12/senate-immigration-bill-clears-first-hurdles-still-faces-tough-republican/#ixzz2VzoXz2Bp

How can a president who let thousands of dangerous criminal illegals out of jail speak of all and say they aren't looking for trouble?

What of the millions of bogus identities, Social Security numbers used, welfare payments made to families with working parents?

How many will be charged with identity crimes?  Welfare fraud? 

Will any actually pay a fine?  Go to the back of the line?

What of the tsunami likely to continue coming for Amnesty III?

If Amnesty II pays out billions in 'tax refunds' how much will Amnesty III likely payout?

When does screwing the American people end?

just my humble opiions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »

“Our continued failure to secure major portions of the border not only makes true immigration reform far more difficult; it presents an urgent threat to national security,” McConnell had said on the floor. ”Some have also criticized this bill for its cost to taxpayers… Those who were here illegally shouldn’t have their unlawful status rewarded with benefits and tax credits,” declared McConnell, who faces Kentucky voters — a majority of whom oppose the bill according to a recent poll — in 2014.

After his introduction by McConnell, Cornyn used his time at the microphone to tout his amendment.

read more here - http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/12/mcconnell-sets-stage-for-immigration-concession/2/

I think $20 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to the TRILLIONS it will cost the nation in various welfare programs, entitlements, and other spending.

Why wouldn't they spend $20 billion to SAVE TRILLIONS?

What is wrong with this nation?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

"Putin sees threat from illegal immigrants"

"We must harshly suppress the activities of organized criminal groups formed along ethnic lines," he was quoted by state news agency RIA Novosti as saying Monday. "We should also fully implement our decisions regarding the struggle with illegal migration, including the tightening of relevant laws."

The Russian Federal Security Service in May characterized illegal immigration as a primary national security threat for the country. RIA Novosti reports about 60 percent of the 5 million migrant workers in Russia are in the country illegally.

read more here - http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2013/06/11/Putin-sees-threat-from-illegal-immigrants/UPI-83241370956745/

How can it be that illegal aliens are the primary national security threat?

Does anyone really think 'immigration reform' in America will make us safer?  Ensure that 'we' know who's here?  When does the illegal migration stop?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »

$20 Billion Border Security v. $10 Billion GM Bailout Loss

"Taxpayers' loss on GM bailout looks to be about $10 billion"

Claw the money back and redistribute it to border fencing?  Drones?

The U.S. Treasury’s deal to sell 30 million shares of General Motors Co. will recoup taxpayers another $1 billion of the bailout money the government put into the automaker back in 2009.

All told, taxpayers have recovered $32.5 billion of the $49.5 billion used to restructure the nation’s biggest automaker.  The government also still owns 189 million GM shares, worth about $6.5 billion at the $34.41 share price that the Treasury got for the batch of stock it sold this week.

If the Treasury is able to liquidate its remaining stock, as it plans to do over the next 15 months, at that price or above, the government will still be short about $10 billion on its GM investment.

read more here - http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-taxpayers-loss-gm-bailout-20130607,0,3122760.story

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

$20 Billion Border Security v. $20 Billion California Mortage Bailout

California's struggling homeowners are on track to get at least $20 billion in mortgage reductions and other relief under a multistate settlement five major banks agreed to a year ago, according to a report Thursday.

A total of 175,000 California borrowers were helped last year, and nearly 72,000 of those had their mortgages reduced or forgiven, according to Katherine Porter, the state appointee monitoring the banks' compliance. Another 20,000 are in trial mortgage reductions under the agreement, which settled charges of improper foreclosures across 49 states.

"God bless," said Nazlou, who had a second mortgage forgiven by Bank of America last fall.

The second was for about $490,000, according to his broker, Myron Von Raesfeld.

"When he opened up the letter, I said you just got a half-million-dollar gift from Bank of America," Von Raesfeld said.

What is the first mortgage?  Where did Nazlou spend the money from the second mortage?

Who provides the money for BOA to give away like that?  Wouldn't it be great if every American got a half-million-dollar gift from 'our banking system'?

read more here - http://**/business/ci_22640795/banks-bail-out-thousands-california-homeowners-under-mortgage

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:23 AM »

$20 Billion Border Security v. $240 California pension SHORTFALL - possibly as high as $1.1 TRILLION!

It is no secret that California has a pension problem. And it's not going away. A 2010 study by the bipartisan Little Hoover Commission found that the top 10 public employee pension systems in California faced a combined shortfall of $240 billion, and a government watchdog organization recently estimated that California's debt could be as high as $1.1 trillion. The deficit is still growing, and the Legislature's attempt at pension reform last year was at best a temporary fix to a problem that demands a serious solution.

That's why I introduced Assembly Joint Resolution 10, to oppose any attempt by California legislators to receive a federal bailout of our state pension debt. This "No Pension Bailout" measure is part of a nationwide campaign initiated by the Illinois Policy Institute, a leading free-market think tank. The purpose is to demonstrate that each state is accountable for its own fiscal decisions. We can't ignore the numbers, and we shouldn't expect a bailout.

read more here - http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/opinion/hot-topics/x568090241/SHANNON-GROVE-Californias-pension-system-shouldnt-be-next-government-bailout

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:21 AM »

$20 Billion Border Security v. $240 California pension SHORTFALL - possibly as high as $1.1 TRILLION!

It is no secret that California has a pension problem. And it's not going away. A 2010 study by the bipartisan Little Hoover Commission found that the top 10 public employee pension systems in California faced a combined shortfall of $240 billion, and a government watchdog organization recently estimated that California's debt could be as high as $1.1 trillion. The deficit is still growing, and the Legislature's attempt at pension reform last year was at best a temporary fix to a problem that demands a serious solution.

That's why I introduced Assembly Joint Resolution 10, to oppose any attempt by California legislators to receive a federal bailout of our state pension debt. This "No Pension Bailout" measure is part of a nationwide campaign initiated by the Illinois Policy Institute, a leading free-market think tank. The purpose is to demonstrate that each state is accountable for its own fiscal decisions. We can't ignore the numbers, and we shouldn't expect a bailout.

read more here - http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/opinion/hot-topics/x568090241/SHANNON-GROVE-Californias-pension-system-shouldnt-be-next-government-bailout

correction -
$20 Billion Border Security v. $240 BILLION California pension SHORTFALL - possibly as high as $1.1 TRILLION!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.