March 19, 2024, 04:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1066692 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2013, 01:34:42 AM »

Thank you all my dear monkeys for such love and prayers. Getting there slowly but surely! With a load of issues and appointments! But my spirits are up. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes.
Think of you all often and your kindness is very therapeutic.

Hugs
Loca

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »

Loca!  I hope you have a good weekend.   

I agree, it feels we're frozen in time with this case due to lack of news.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2013, 05:46:29 AM »

Jodi's back in court today........

Arias back in court for death penalty argument

"PHOENIX (AP) — As she awaits a decision by prosecutors on the future of her murder case, Jodi Arias and her attorneys are returning to court Tuesday to ask the judge to throw out the jury's finding that made her eligible for the death penalty.

Arias was convicted of first-degree murder May 8 in the stabbing and shooting death of Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home. About two weeks later, the same jury failed to reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence Arias to life in prison or death.

Her case is now in limbo as prosecutors decide whether to put on another penalty phase with a new jury in pursuit of the death penalty — or simply take the death penalty off the table, a move that would either see Arias spend the rest of her life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years. That decision would be up to the judge.

The oral arguments Tuesday focus on a determination by the Arias jury that she killed her one-time lover in an "especially cruel" manner. The determination meant that Arias was eligible for the death penalty.

Arias' attorneys argue that the definition of "especially cruel" is too vague for jurors with no legal experience to determine what makes one killing more cruel or heinous than another. Their June motion appears to challenge a landmark 2002 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that found a defendant has the right to have a jury, rather than a judge, decide on the existence of an aggravating factor that makes the defendant eligible for capital punishment"

http://news.yahoo.com/arias-back-court-death-penalty-argument-073121611.html
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Thank you muffybee
Still struggling with chronic pain! Slow recovery! Just dropped in to see if there's anything new on the arias trial
Thank you all for your kind well wishes and prayers
God bless
Loca

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2013, 12:01:12 PM »

loca......... heartfelt prayers coming your way! I hope you feel better very soon! 

I don't think the court will be live streamed today.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »

Well.............. HLN just said they were going to take us to the Jodi Arias courtroom live after the break, so maybe it will be televised......... I don't know. I'm checking...... 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

Well.............. HLN just said they were going to take us to the Jodi Arias courtroom live after the break, so maybe it will be televised......... I don't know. I'm checking...... 

Thanks CBB  This is another case that gets under my skin. With all the idiotic game playing.  When did our justice system lose common it's sense? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »

Jodi Arias makes brief courtroom appearance
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130716jodi-arias-hearing-update.html

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 AM

Jodi Arias made a brief courtroom appearance Tuesday morning but no new trial date was set for the sentencing phase of her murder trial.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens said she wanted to set a trial for September but was unable to do so Tuesday. The next conference in the case will be held Aug. 26.

<snipped>

The judge and the attorney did not discuss the motion to vacate the Arias aggravator, which determines if she's eligible for the death penalty.

Short video at link.
The video said Jodi was in chains and stripes today, as she should be, I say!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »

Thank you Brandi. I don't see where there is any good reason to put the sentencing trial off. 
Just more game playing. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »

Judge sets another hearing before penalty phase of Jodi Arias trial
Posted: Jul 15, 2013 10:35 PM EDT Updated: Jul 16, 2013 2:39 PM EDT
By Steve Stout
http://www.kpho.com/story/22848146/judge-sets-another-hearing-before-penalty-phase-of-jodi-arias-trial

A Maricopa County Superior Court judge, saying she was reluctant to set a firm trial date, on Tuesday ordered another pre-trial conference in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias trial for August.

Judge Sherry Stephens set a meeting for 8:30 a.m. Aug. 26 with prosecution and defense attorneys for the convicted killer.

Arias, dressed in her jail uniform and wearing her hair in a bun, sat quietly and said nothing during Tuesday's proceedings, according to CBS 5 News reporter Jose Miguel.

Stephens also denied again Kirk Nurmi's request to step down as defense attorney.

Stephens called Nurmi and defense attorney Jennifer Willmott, as well as prosecutor Juan Martinez, to Tuesday's hearing.

<snipped>

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »

Thank you muffybee
Still struggling with chronic pain! Slow recovery! Just dropped in to see if there's anything new on the arias trial
God bless
Loca
O/T
 What kind of pain I make Natural salves that help people with chronic pain.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

Jodi Arias makes brief courtroom appearance
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130716jodi-arias-hearing-update.html

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 AM

Jodi Arias made a brief courtroom appearance Tuesday morning but no new trial date was set for the sentencing phase of her murder trial.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens said she wanted to set a trial for September but was unable to do so Tuesday. The next conference in the case will be held Aug. 26.

<snipped>

The judge and the attorney did not discuss the motion to vacate the Arias aggravator, which determines if she's eligible for the death penalty.

Short video at link.
The video said Jodi was in chains and stripes today, as she should be, I say!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »

Love her look!   Monkey Devil!

What happened to the glasses?  Just part of the deception IMO.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-returns-court-effort-avoid-death-penalty/story?id=19678736
Jodi Arias Attorneys Told To Prepare for September Sentencing
July 16, 2013

The murder trial of Jodi Arias will stretch on until at least September, when Arias will get another chance to convince a jury not to sentence her to death, a judge ruled today.

Arias was found guilty in May of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, after a five months-long trial that ended when the jury was unable to agree on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison.

A new jury can be seated to decide what sentence to give Arias.

Judge Sherry Stephens, who oversaw the trial, held a hearing today in which she told both the defense and prosecution to try and set a date for late September to finish the sentencing phase of Arias's trial.

The hearing was originally called so defense attorney Kirk Nurmi could make arguments for his motion to vacate the jury's finding that Alexander's murder was especially cruel - an aggravating factor that qualified the crime to be punishable by death.

Nurmi is hoping to spare Arias the death penalty by arguing that the jury was not qualified to make the ruling about whether the murder was cruel. He told Stephens today he was not yet prepared to make the argument and needed more time.

Stephens called for the next hearing to be held Aug. 26.

Arias, 33, claimed that she killed Alexander in self-defense. She is now being held in Maricopa County jail awaiting the sentencing phase of her trial.
If a second jury is seated for a new sentencing phase, both the prosecution and defense will spend weeks presenting evidence to catch the jury up on the five-month long murder trial. The second jury could sentence Arias to death.

If the prosecution decides not to seek the death penalty a second time, Arias will not face the death penalty, and Stephens will sentence her to either life in prison without parole or life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias39mThe State rejected my 3rd request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias42m
A few of my dedicated haters came all the way 2 court 2day just 2 glare at me. I'm flattered. Thought it was I who had nothing better 2 do.

she doesn't get it......the State offers plea deals...not her

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »

I suppose she felt that the prison stripes clashed with the "homely" fashion statement she was trying to make during the trial.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

yep and notice her chair was not lowered.  And it looks like she started eating her peanut butter.....will we get the anorexic waif look for the retrial?

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »

Thank you muffybee
God bless
Loca

loca, hope you feel better every day.....sorry for your pain

Rest in Peace Caylee

crazybabyborg
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias39mThe State rejected my 3rd request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias42m
A few of my dedicated haters came all the way 2 court 2day just 2 glare at me. I'm flattered. Thought it was I who had nothing better 2 do.

she doesn't get it......the State offers plea deals...not her

Hiya, Sunny!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »

I can't wait to find out what motions were filed yesterday......and when is JSS going to rule on the outstanding motions?

http://monicalindstrom.com/329/no-you-did-not-miss-anything-jodi-arias

During the conference we learned three “important” things:
There would be no re-trial of the penalty phase in July, or August;
There is a case management conference scheduled for August 26, 2013 at 8:30 am; and
Judge Stephens prefers the re-trial begin in late September of this year.

Judge Stephens stated there are numerous unresolved issues, and, as such, she did not want to set a firm trial date. The unresolved issues are 3 outstanding motions:

Motion to Continue the Penalty Phase verdict;
Motion to Vacate Aggravation Phase verdict; and
Request for Entry of Nunc Pro Tunc Order for Retention of Psychological Experts Who Testified in the First Trial As Well As Prospective Order for Those Who Will Testify in the Upcoming Peanlty Phase.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.