March 19, 2024, 03:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1066683 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30:35 PM »

I didn't know about the book...... but I'm ready to get on with the trial and this time I hope it's a clear decision to put her on death row. I want her communication with the outside shut down more than anything else. As long as she can communicate with people freely, she'll continue to lie and hurt Travis' family.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2013, 01:43:17 AM »

I didn't know about the book...... but I'm ready to get on with the trial and this time I hope it's a clear decision to put her on death row. I want her communication with the outside shut down more than anything else. As long as she can communicate with people freely, she'll continue to lie and hurt Travis' family.
CBB
I couldn't have said it better. Exactly how I feel.

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »

CBB

Hi Loca!    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2013, 03:17:51 PM »

CBB

Hi muffy

Hi Loca!    

Hi muffy
JVM is driving me nuts with her book promotion! She's popping up all over the place like dr drew and after dark! Claiming that some of book proceeds are  going to animal rights! Because Travis was into that too.
Don't get me wrong i like animals! But she just annoys the heck out of me when on her show she starts goo goo ing with different dogs! Baby talking to them.

Loca
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/220639131.html
Arias lawyers want Twitter accounts of new jurors
August 22, 2013

PHOENIX (AP) -- Jodi Arias' attorneys want a judge to allow them to monitor the Twitter accounts of the jury seated in her murder trial to be certain jurors aren't communicating details about the case on social media.
Arias was convicted of first-degree murder May 8 in the 2008 death of boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home, but the same jury failed to reach a decision on her sentence. Her case is now in limbo as prosecutors decide whether to seat a new jury in pursuit of the death penalty.
While neither side has publicly discussed any negotiations toward a plea deal, the motion filed Wednesday indicates the parties are on a path toward a second trial as her attorneys wrote in a motion Wednesday that Arias will "endeavor to paint a complete picture" of who she is and why she deserves a sentence of life."
Attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott want the court to compel all jurors eventually seated for the second penalty phase to provide their Twitter accounts and handles if they use the site.
They note the details would serve as a "crucial tool with which Ms. Arias can work to ensure that her jury are either not communicating about the case via Twitter or considering information that was sent to them via Twitter as opposed to what is presented to them in court."
The attorneys argue that without the ability to monitor their accounts, there would be no way of knowing whether jurors are communicating or receiving information about the case.
Jurors already are warned to avoid media coverage during the proceedings, and not to discuss the case with anyone until they have been dismissed.
"If every juror were to understand and follow this warning, there would be no issue with a juror choosing to `tweet' information about the case," the attorneys wrote. "However, even a juror that follows this admonition could still receive a tweet containing extraneous information."
The Arias case prompted a frenzy of activity on Twitter since she went on trial in January. With the trial streamed live on the Internet around the world, Twitter users communicated with each other and journalists and TV personalities covering the case. Arias herself was believed to be Tweeting during the trial through a third party.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »

I'm waiting for this circus to be over soon.    

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »

I'm waiting for this circus to be over soon.    

Yep...the sooner the better

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/220639131.html
Arias lawyers want Twitter accounts of new jurors
August 22, 2013

PHOENIX (AP) -- Jodi Arias' attorneys want a judge to allow them to monitor the Twitter accounts of the jury seated in her murder trial to be certain jurors aren't communicating details about the case on social media.
Arias was convicted of first-degree murder May 8 in the 2008 death of boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home, but the same jury failed to reach a decision on her sentence. Her case is now in limbo as prosecutors decide whether to seat a new jury in pursuit of the death penalty.
While neither side has publicly discussed any negotiations toward a plea deal, the motion filed Wednesday indicates the parties are on a path toward a second trial as her attorneys wrote in a motion Wednesday that Arias will "endeavor to paint a complete picture" of who she is and why she deserves a sentence of life."
Attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott want the court to compel all jurors eventually seated for the second penalty phase to provide their Twitter accounts and handles if they use the site.
They note the details would serve as a "crucial tool with which Ms. Arias can work to ensure that her jury are either not communicating about the case via Twitter or considering information that was sent to them via Twitter as opposed to what is presented to them in court."
The attorneys argue that without the ability to monitor their accounts, there would be no way of knowing whether jurors are communicating or receiving information about the case.
Jurors already are warned to avoid media coverage during the proceedings, and not to discuss the case with anyone until they have been dismissed.
"If every juror were to understand and follow this warning, there would be no issue with a juror choosing to `tweet' information about the case," the attorneys wrote. "However, even a juror that follows this admonition could still receive a tweet containing extraneous information."
The Arias case prompted a frenzy of activity on Twitter since she went on trial in January. With the trial streamed live on the Internet around the world, Twitter users communicated with each other and journalists and TV personalities covering the case. Arias herself was believed to be Tweeting during the trial through a third party.

Xcooose me !
But they should also concentrate on keeping their client off of twitter.

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »

http://monicalindstrom.com/359/motions-and-twitter-and-juries-oh-my-state-v-jodi-arias

MOTIONS AND TWITTER AND JURIES OH MY! (STATE V. JODI ARIAS)
AUGUST 25, 2013 BY MONICA

A lot a movement has happened in State v. Jodi Arias in the past couple days leading up to the status conference scheduled for Monday, August 26. It is anticipated that the firm trial date will be scheduled on Monday. Additionally, the Judge may rule on the Defense's motions regarding potential jurors and Twitter accounts, extended voir dire time and no or limited camera coverage.

First, a firm trial is just that, a firm date. In our circles it is the actual date that the trial is to start, not a target date but the ACTUAL date. The re-trial of the mitigation part of the penalty phase in Arias will start with the selection of a new jury of 12 persons and I predict at least 4 alternates.

Here is a simple explanation of each request and my take on each:

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2013/08/26/jodi-arias-retrial-date-could-be-announced-monday/
Jodi Arias Retrial Date Could Be Announced Monday
August 26, 2013

PHOENIX) — Convicted killer Jodi Arias will return to court on Monday in Maricopa County, Ariz., as a judge is expected to set a date for a retrial of the penalty phase of her murder trail.

In the trial, which riveted millions for five months earlier this year and spawned a TV movie, Arias was found guilty in May of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander. The marathon trial ended when the jury was unable to agree on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison.

Judge Sherry Stephens, who oversaw the murder trial, has said that she’d like to begin picking a new jury next month. The new jurors would not hear the entire case and their only task would be to decide Arias’ fate.

Attorneys for Arias are hoping the retrial will not be as high-profile and have filed a motion asking the judge to keep cameras out, or to at least forbid the trial from being broadcast live. The defense says the publicity was so intense that two witnesses, domestic violence expert Alyce Laviolette and Arias’ childhood friend Patti Womak, received death threats and are too scared to come back to testify for the retrial.

Judge Stephens may not buy the defense’s argument since it was Arias who granted jailhouse interviews as the first jury deliberated her fate.

Arias is now being held in Maricopa County jail awaiting the sentencing phase of her trial. If a second jury is seated for a new sentencing phase, both the prosecution and defense will spend weeks presenting evidence to catch the jury up on the five-month long murder trial.

If the second jury cannot reach a unanimous decision, Arias will automatically be sentenced to life in prison. Then, Judge Stephens will decide if she will get life without parole or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »

I hope the date is set today. Let's get this show on the road! 

The sooner her commentary on Travis is muffled, the better, IMO!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »

I hope the date is set today. Let's get this show on the road! 

The sooner her commentary on Travis is muffled, the better, IMO!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Finally in the courtroom! Judge Stephens is here. Jodi is here now as well. #JodiArias

http://wildabouttrial.com/videos/jodi-arias-live-stream.html

I am so anxiously hoping the date will be set today to begin jury selection.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2013, 11:40:24 AM »

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 1m

Judge says she is NOT prepared to set trial date for #Arias bc of motions filed last week

Judge sets Sept 16 hearing. Hearing is over.

https://twitter.com/CoreyABC15

Another delay.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

Judge says she is NOT prepared to set trial date for #Arias bc of motions filed last week

Another delay.

WTH 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Another delay.

Oh brother....!     What ever happened to justice for victims and a speedy trial?  I think the more this goes on, the more cruel it is for the family and friends of Travis.  It seems to be all about Jodi.  JMHO   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2013, 03:07:44 PM »

The judge will also be deciding about the allowance of cameras in the courtroom. I'm hoping she'll let us watch! 

Well, let's settle in and wait some more.   Rolling Eyes
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »

A little narcissism on Jodie's aunt going on! A family thang! Will be glad when all this is done and she muffled.

Waving! Feeling normal again. Thanks everyone for the great updates.
Ja just doesn't know when to just shaddup and show some class.oh wait you can't show what you are not familiar with.
Thank you monks for the updates! 
((loca)) glad to see you and happy you are feeling better   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »

A little narcissism on Jodie's aunt going on! A family thang! Will be glad when all this is done and she muffled.

Waving! Feeling normal again. Thanks everyone for the great updates.
Ja just doesn't know when to just shaddup and show some class.oh wait you can't show what you are not familiar with.
Thank you monks for the updates! 
((loca)) glad to see you and happy you are feeling better   

Good to see you to flmom
Yes I'm on the road to recovery.
Thank you

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »

Thought it might be interesting to see how Jodi looked in court on 8.26.13.   

Isn't she just lovely?  LOVE the new doo! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.