March 18, 2024, 09:08:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1066636 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »

Jury Sequestration ruling made.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2013, 09:15:48 PM »

The last page (cut to the chase) of the Change of Venue decision.

pdf found at: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112013/m6041523.pdf

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

Last part of the Voir Dire decision.

pdf found at: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112013/m6041521.pdf

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »

Judge bans live TV coverage of Jodi Arias penalty phase retrial, keeps case in Phoenix
http://www.startribune.com/nation/232105631.html

Updated: November 15, 2013 - 4:18 PM
PHOENIX — Live television coverage of Jodi Arias' penalty phase retrial will be banned and the case will remain in Phoenix despite defense arguments that intense publicity will make it difficult to find impartial jurors, a judge ruled this week.

Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in May in the 2008 stabbing and shooting death of boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home. The same jury failed to reach a decision on whether she should get the death penalty, setting the stage for a second penalty phase.

Under Arizona law, while Arias' murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of pursuing another penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to get a death sentence. If the second jury fails to reach a verdict, the death penalty would be removed as an option, and the judge would sentence Arias to either spend her entire life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years.

Arias' first trial garnered worldwide attention with every minute of the case broadcast live. Judge Sherry Stephens is hoping to minimize the spectacle this time by banning live television coverage.

"The court expects there will be significantly less media coverage of the case during the retrial of the penalty phase," Stephens wrote in a ruling published Friday.

The judge also banned the use of all electronic devices inside the courtroom, meaning reporters won't be able to use Twitter, as occurred during the first trial, to deliver the public real-time updates.

Arias' lawyers wanted the retrial moved out of the Phoenix metropolitan area because of excessive publicity, but Stephens ruled the move wasn't necessary as she plans to summon 400 prospective jurors.

"Jurors with preconceived notions about the appropriate sentence will be excused," Stephens wrote.

She also denied a defense motion to sequester the jury for the duration of what is expected to be a two-month trial.

<snipped>

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: November 16, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »

Hi tamikosmom
Yes trial of a lifetime. Last Monday was to be my last chemo but because my white blood count was down last sunday when I  went to do my blood draw! my blood count was down to to (1) they cancelled me for a week. Than radiation called and did the same. Complete quarantine for one week. It was more than my spirit could bear! I melted down! And by next day! I was ok other than weakness and no energy no appetite ughhhhh. I've been pumping the veggies like crazy. I'm determined to fight this! I guess bed rest is something I need to keep my feisty butt down. I have to wear a mask when I leave my apartment! Which is tomorrow to pick up meds. Thank you for the song! You have no idea what it means! The kindness and prayers of yours and everyone here. They go to my heart! I will keep in touch. I hope I can resume treatments
On Monday. I have a lot of time  to reflect! And Think!how truly I am blessed. When I think I have it bad! I find someone else worst off! And it makes me tear up. Truly I'm  blessed.
Thanks for caring

loca  ... You are an amazing lady ... truly an inspiration.

Janet

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

Jodi Arias Retrial Won't Be Aired On Live TV: Judge

11/15/13 04:06 PM
PHOENIX (AP) — Live television coverage of Jodi Arias' penalty phase retrial will be banned and the case will remain in Phoenix despite defense arguments that intense publicity will make it difficult to find impartial jurors, a judge ruled this week.

Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in May in the 2008 stabbing and shooting death of boyfriend Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home. The same jury failed to reach a decision on whether she should get the death penalty, setting the stage for a second penalty phase.

Under Arizona law, while Arias' murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of pursuing another penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to get a death sentence. If the second jury fails to reach a verdict, the death penalty would be removed as an option, and the judge would sentence Arias to either spend her entire life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years.
<snipped>

Huff-post article about the recent motion decisions above.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: November 19, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »

Another pretrial conference is slated for today.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: November 19, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

Another pretrial conference is slated for today.

Thank you for keeping the thread updated Brandi

I just wish the dog and pony show that has continued to move the focus away from the victim Travis Alexander and onto the convicted murderer Jodi Arias would end.  Time for justice for Travis.  JMHO   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:37 PM »

Jodi Arias due back in court for hearing in case ahead of penalty phase retrial in murder case
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS 
November 19, 2013
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/b3e898eed17e4af899ac676a20e2502a/AZ--Jodi-Arias

PHOENIX — Jodi Arias is due back in court for a hearing ahead of her penalty phase retrial.

<snipped>

Her retrial hasn't been scheduled.

A hearing in the case was set for Tuesday morning.

Last week, the judge ruled there would be no live television coverage of Arias' sentencing phase retrial as prosecutors again seek the death penalty. Judge Sherry Stephens also banned the use of electronic devices, meaning reporters won't be able to use Twitter to provide real-time updates.

The judge has closed to the public nearly every hearing since Arias' trial ended.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: November 19, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »

The Trial Divas
11 minutes ago
The hearing for 11/26 was already scheduled on the docket so it's important to know there was not a continuance with a new date added, it was already established. Nurmi was upset about something today....so we wait until the 26th to see what happens next.

admin

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Judge-Sherry-K-Stephens-Support-Page/529155977136971

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: November 19, 2013, 02:46:42 PM »

Jodi Arias hearing ends without a trial date set, will one be scheduled at next hearing?

http://thetrialdivas.com/2013/11/19/jodi-arias-hearing-ends-without-a-trial-date-set-next-court-date-is-pre-trial-hearing/

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: November 20, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »

Loca,
Let Angels guide you through this, open your eyes and you'll SEE.
Don't rely on your human eyes. No suffering is without reward on
this earth. the Father is in control and a week off may not be
your plan, but it fits his devine plan. One of the few if only
places in the Bible that I recall G_d saying that he loved someone
was about David. G_d loved David. Remember David played music
to the Lord. Open your heart is the key and the power to His divine
glory. When you get that, you'll gain great, great understanding.
peace be with you.
Peace be still.
Let love be your guide
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: November 20, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »

The Trial Divas
11 minutes ago
The hearing for 11/26 was already scheduled on the docket so it's important to know there was not a continuance with a new date added, it was already established. Nurmi was upset about something today....so we wait until the 26th to see what happens next.

admin

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Judge-Sherry-K-Stephens-Support-Page/529155977136971

Heh Heh Heh, Jodi is losing her power. She has to stick with Kirk-the-jerk and can't have her face on TV.
Just in time for Turkey day. Woo Hoo!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

The Trial Divas
11 minutes ago

admin

Heh Heh Heh, Jodi is losing her power. She has to stick with Kirk-the-jerk and can't have her face on TV.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: November 20, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »

The Trial Divas
11 minutes ago

admin

And I don't think she is going to be happy with no cameras or electronic devices in the courtroom during the new sentencing phase either. I think she loved the limelight before.

Monkey Devil!

Jodi, it's NOT about you. It's about justice for Travis!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:43 PM »

The Trial Divas
11 minutes ago

admin

And I don't think she is going to be happy with no cameras or electronic devices in the courtroom during the new sentencing phase either. I think she loved the limelight before.

Monkey Devil!

Jodi, it's NOT about you. It's about justice for Travis!

Woo Hoo Brandi you are so right.
Only Kirk Nurmi will see her everyday. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2013, 10:14:24 PM »

loca
Please watch this video all the way through, then get yourself up
LETS DO THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCAwXb9n7EY
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »

More court minutes released:

Next court hearing is next Tuesday.

All this looking for exhibits, etc. seems like busywork for disorganized people. I hope a date will be set on Tuesday!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 21m

The reporter who interviewed #JodiArias right after the verdict will be reporting on her alleged threats to have Juan #Martinez murdered!

FOX 10 News at 5 and 6pm

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 19m

...not just JM but Lead Investigator Esteban Flores and another member of the Alexander Family, sister Samantha..#JodiArias
https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial

Seems their site is not streaming the news tonight, although they say they do.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/category/234795/live-video1

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56:32 PM »

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 21m

The reporter who interviewed #JodiArias right after the verdict will be reporting on her alleged threats to have Juan #Martinez murdered!

FOX 10 News at 5 and 6pm

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 19m

...not just JM but Lead Investigator Esteban Flores and another member of the Alexander Family, sister Samantha..#JodiArias
https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial

Seems their site is not streaming the news tonight, although they say they do.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/category/234795/live-video1

LOL .. I forgot the time difference. It's not even on yet. Maybe I can catch it when it airs, although I have to go out shortly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.