March 19, 2024, 02:47:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1066678 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: December 20, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »

Steven Alexander write: "Steven then went on the say that the Alexander family
would maintain their call for the death penalty for Arias.

I think you may be correct about the judge making sure she dots every i to any chance of appeal in this case.

Thanks.

Yup ... that's her job too. I think everyone in this case is doing his job well.

If you know what I mean.

totally agree!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: December 31, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »

Looks like Friday is the next court date:

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: January 03, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »

Looks like the Trial Divas will be at the courthouse today.

https://twitter.com/TrialDivasJ
Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1h

Good Morning! #TheTrialDivas will be @ the #JodiArias hearing (closed) 2:30 mt today. Stay tuned for updates and the #JuanTieReport!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »

Looks like the Trial Divas will be at the courthouse today.

Good Morning! #TheTrialDivas will be @ the #JodiArias hearing (closed) 2:30 mt today. Stay tuned for updates and the #JuanTieReport!

It's over.... 1/13 at 9:30 oral argument scheduled

Nurmi looked very upset when he left...Juanalicious looked happy

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: January 04, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »

Hi loca

How's it going?  I hope you are having a good day.

Janet
Hi tamikosmom
I'm actually doing better! It's a good feeling to feel healthier, I hadn't been here much, as one of my brothers passed away Christmas Eve! And we weren't able to have his funeral! Until Thursday January 2nd. His wife so much like the evil heart of arias, made it as generic and cold as she could. I'm comforted that he is no longer handicapped and sick! He suffered with m.s and many strokes! Diabetics and other health issues.   I will see the dr again in February! For more tests to see how much of the cancer was destroyed. I'm confident and optimistic. I thank you all for your prayers! So kind are the folks here, all the prayers and well wishes! Are medicine to the soul. I humbly appreciate you all and am grateful to be part of a forum like this, with so many decent and caring people. I'll be keeping up with the trial! Praying for justice! Right along with you all. I wish you all a happy and blessed New Years. It's hard to wrap your head around evil like arias! And my sister inlaw! I just know good rules! And justice will prevail for the Alexander family. Arias continues to torment! Via twitter, or any means she can find, soon she will be silenced and her name will fade into the cold cell she will spend the rest of her life in, until she has to answer for her evil.
God bless you all! To each and everyone of you!
A big hug of love and appreciation
Loca

Loca
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: January 04, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »

loca

I am thankful that your general health is improving.  On the other hand ... I am sorry you have been experiencing so much stress regarding happenings encompassing the passing of your brother.  I have learned that in life that resentment that I have no control over ... for my peace of mind ... I give it all to God and move on.  However ... in moving on I do attempt to take with me a positive from a negative situation.

loca .. your brother's health issues imply that your sister-in-law has had a lot to deal with over the years.  I know.  Our long time neighbour is afflicted with MS.  For fifteen years we have observed her gradual increased dependence on her loving uncomplaining husband .  loca ... this couple is surrounded with support from the system, family and friends but ... it has all taken an emotional toll on the husband ... an emotional toll that has aged this gentle giant beyond his years.

God Bless & Peace

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: January 07, 2014, 02:42:30 AM »

Hey All!!  Hope everyone has had a safe and Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

This case is still DRAGGING on.  2014 should be the year for justice.  Key word there "should". 
Let's see how many procrastinating motions Nurmi and Wilmott can pull out of their hats- or somewhere else for that matter. 

Miss you guys and hope to be posting again soon!!~ MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »

Hey All!!  Hope everyone has had a safe and Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

This case is still DRAGGING on.  2014 should be the year for justice.  Key word there "should". 
Let's see how many procrastinating motions Nurmi and Wilmott can pull out of their hats- or somewhere else for that matter. 

Miss you guys and hope to be posting again soon!!~ MK

Good to see you Monkey King.
I agree -- justice for many cases is dragging on -- whatever happened to speedy trial.  Now the defendants wants to drag it out as long as possible.  Life is easier in jail as versus prison.  They're not dummies in that regard.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jodi-Arias-Judge-sets-date-for-retrial-239946091.html

Jodi Arias: Judge sets date for retrial of penalty phase
Posted on January 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Updated today at 11:58 AM

PHOENIX -- After months of legal wrangling, a judge has finally set a date to retry the penalty phase in the ongoing legal drama that is the Jodi Arias murder trial. It will begin March 17, a little more than two months from now.

A settlement conference could have put an end to the legal maneuvering and the need for retrial. No deal, however, could be reached. With no settlement, Arias retains her right to appeal her first-degree murder conviction down the road.

A new jury will be seated and can choose to hand down the death penalty or sentence her to life in prison. If they, like their predecessors, cannot reach a unanimous decision, Arias automatically will be sentenced to life and it will be up to the judge to decide is Arias will be eligible for parole in 25 years.

In Arizona, only a jury can sentence a convicted killer to death. Should the new jury do that, the case will automatically be reviewed by the Arizona Supreme Court.

It's not clear how long it will take to seat a jury, nor is it known how long the retrial will last. Because the jury will be new to the case, it's expected that prosecutors and defense attorneys will need to go back over evidence presented in the original trial in order to lay the groundwork for their arguments regarding Arias' sentence.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jodi-Arias-Judge-sets-date-for-retrial-239946091.html

PHOENIX -- After months of legal wrangling, a judge has finally set a date to retry the penalty phase in the ongoing legal drama that is the Jodi Arias murder trial. It will begin March 17, a little more than two months from now.

A settlement conference could have put an end to the legal maneuvering and the need for retrial. No deal, however, could be reached. With no settlement, Arias retains her right to appeal her first-degree murder conviction down the road.

A new jury will be seated and can choose to hand down the death penalty or sentence her to life in prison. If they, like their predecessors, cannot reach a unanimous decision, Arias automatically will be sentenced to life and it will be up to the judge to decide is Arias will be eligible for parole in 25 years.

In Arizona, only a jury can sentence a convicted killer to death. Should the new jury do that, the case will automatically be reviewed by the Arizona Supreme Court.

It's not clear how long it will take to seat a jury, nor is it known how long the retrial will last. Because the jury will be new to the case, it's expected that prosecutors and defense attorneys will need to go back over evidence presented in the original trial in order to lay the groundwork for their arguments regarding Arias' sentence.

BBM.

At least we have a date set to begin, finally!

Monday, March 17

(Thanks, grace-land, I knew there was a hearing today, but have had some major computer issues today so I couldn't research the news.)

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »

More news stories from today here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-penalty-re-trial-slated-for-mid-march/

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/01/13/jodi-arias-court-hearing-retrial-date

The new jury to be seated will be asked to decide if Arias gets the death penalty, life without the possibility of parole or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years. To do that, they must sift through the mountains of evidence and testimony presented to the first jury last year.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez has continued to press for the death penalty and the retrial now set for March.

While Arias has been in jail, she has managed to keep an active Twitter account and launched a line of rubber bracelets to raise money for her appeals.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »

BBM.

At least we have a date set to begin, finally!

Monday, March 17

(Thanks, grace-land, I knew there was a hearing today, but have had some major computer issues today so I couldn't research the news.)

It's about time

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #592 on: January 13, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

More news stories from today here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-penalty-re-trial-slated-for-mid-march/

The new jury to be seated will be asked to decide if Arias gets the death penalty, life without the possibility of parole or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years. To do that, they must sift through the mountains of evidence and testimony presented to the first jury last year.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez has continued to press for the death penalty and the retrial now set for March.

While Arias has been in jail, she has managed to keep an active Twitter account and launched a line of rubber bracelets to raise money for her appeals.

Every time I read where is on a social network site and selling what ever to make money it just makes me 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »

Ya! At least there is a date set.

Loca...thinking of u.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »

Ya! At least there is a date set.

Loca...thinking of u.

I'm with you on both accounts, cookie!

Loca 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #595 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »

I'm so glad that Juan persisted with pursuing the death penalty and that there is a date set! As I've said before, more than anything, I want Jodi on death row where her contact with the outside will be restricted to the point where she can't trash Travis anymore!

loca, you're in my prayers and thoughts!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: January 15, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »

You're welcome, Brandi!  Here's more information from an updated article.

We have a date: Jodi Arias retrial set for March 17
updated 11:50 AM EST, Wed January 15, 2014

In March, a new jury will be impaneled and asked to decide Arias' sentence. According to Karen Arra, media relations director of the Superior Court of Arizona, jury selection is expected to take about two weeks, and the retrial may begin in early April. If jurors sentence Arias to life in prison, ultimately the judge will determine whether it will be life without the possibility of parole or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: January 15, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »

You're welcome, Brandi!  Here's more information from an updated article.

We have a date: Jodi Arias retrial set for March 17
updated 11:50 AM EST, Wed January 15, 2014

In March, a new jury will be impaneled and asked to decide Arias' sentence. According to Karen Arra, media relations director of the Superior Court of Arizona, jury selection is expected to take about two weeks, and the retrial may begin in early April. If jurors sentence Arias to life in prison, ultimately the judge will determine whether it will be life without the possibility of parole or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: January 17, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/trial-date-set-man-jodi-arias-stalking-case-21566050
Trial Date Set for Man in Jodi Arias Stalking Case

PHOENIX January 17, 2014 (AP)
A trial date has been set for a man charged with threatening two national TV commentators via Twitter over their coverage of the Jodi Arias case.

Investigators say 48-year-old David Lee Simpson, of Bath, N.Y., also threatened an Arizona woman. He has pleaded not guilty.

Court records show the trial was set for April 1 after a hearing in the case Thursday.

Authorities say Simpson was in New York when he sent the tweets, but Arizona asserted jurisdiction since the threats were made against individuals for conduct during their coverage of a case that was occurring in Maricopa County. Authorities say both TV personalities — Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell — were in Arizona at times.

<snipped>

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: January 27, 2014, 09:58:05 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/27/jodi-arias-defense-bills/4952267/
Jodi Arias' defense bills have topped $2 million
January 27, 2014

Waitress, aspiring photographer has been in jail awaiting fate while legal bills mount.    (my notation:  they forgot to add murderer to list- MB)

Jodi Arias' legal bills have topped $2 million, a tab being footed by Arizona taxpayers that will only continue to climb with a new penalty phase set for March, officials said Monday.

Arias, 33, was convicted of murder in May, but the jury couldn't reach a verdict on her sentence. Prosecutors are now pursuing a second penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to get the death penalty. Trial is set for March 17.

The waitress and aspiring photographer has been held in jail in Maricopa County awaiting her fate while her legal bills continue to mount.

As of Monday, the county had paid nearly $2.2 million for her court-appointed attorneys, expert witnesses and other costs associated with her case, Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick told The Associated Press.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery has refused to provide a tally of how much it has cost to prosecute the case, citing a court order that attorneys not discuss Arias-related matters.

Arias admitted she killed her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008 at his suburban Phoenix home but claimed it was self-defense. He suffered nearly 30 knife wounds, had his throat slit and was shot in the forehead in what prosecutors argued was premeditated murder carried out in a jealous rage when Alexander wanted to end their affair.

Under Arizona law, while her murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of putting on a second penalty phase with a new jury.

If the second panel fails to reach a unanimous decision, the death penalty will automatically be removed from consideration, and the judge will sentence Arias to spend her entire life behind bars or be eligible for release after 25 years.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.