March 19, 2024, 01:31:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1066668 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #940 on: February 25, 2015, 05:00:15 PM »

Thanks Brandi

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #941 on: February 25, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »

Hello Monkeys   

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #942 on: February 25, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »

See you all in the morning and hopefully we will see some    "Justice" for Travis and finally be able to     "celebrate" at least one case ending the way it should Smile  hugs   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #943 on: February 25, 2015, 11:36:04 PM »

See you all in the morning and hopefully we will see some    "Justice" for Travis and finally be able to     "celebrate" at least one case ending the way it should Smile  hugs   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »

Jury gets case, will decide punishment for Jodi Arias

PHOENIX (AP) — The case of convicted murderer Jodi Arias went to a jury Wednesday that will decide if she is sentenced to death or life in prison for killing her boyfriend.

Jurors deliberated for about three hours and were scheduled to resume their work Thursday.

The 2013 trial of Arias was broadcast live and became a sensation with its tawdry revelations that Arias had shot and slit the throat of her on-again-off-again boyfriend Travis Alexander.

Arias, now 34, was convicted then of killing Alexander. That jury, however, deadlocked on her punishment, prompting a penalty retrial before a new jury of four men and eight women.

Lawyer Kirk Nurmi said Wednesday that Arias was the victim of a twisted relationship in which she was sexually humiliated by Alexander, who was killed after he and Arias had sex and took intimate photos.

If another jury deadlock occurs, the death penalty would automatically be removed as an option, leaving a judge to sentence Arias to life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of release after 25 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/dueling-photos-center-stage-arias-case-nears-end-071706484.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: February 26, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »

tick.....tock....
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »

tick.....tock....

Driving me nuts!

I do think that the jury will not be unanimous in the death penalty though. (Unfortunately.)

I believe she will get LWOP.

All this wasted time and money on a convicted murderer.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #947 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »

tick.....tock....

Driving me nuts!

I do think that the jury will not be unanimous in the death penalty though. (Unfortunately.)

I believe she will get LWOP.

All this wasted time and money on a convicted murderer.

Same here. But why should this be any different that the rest of this case.    She is a waste of time. Just hope these jurors understand what they have to do, better than the other jurors.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: February 26, 2015, 04:15:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHRmLKPSCc

Don't forget this link. Verdict will be streamed live there.

They are also keeping tabs on the progress live.

Scared Monkey

« Reply #949 on: February 26, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »

Well I guess the jury has gone home and won't be back until Monday!  My heart goes out the Travis family     This is just sad!      See you all Monday, I am going to read some of the threads now that have happen since I was here after my meltdown after CA any suggestions of which ones I should start with  an angelic monkey  (P.S. I love all of the new smilies, they are awesome )  Hugs Monkeys   

Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: February 26, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »

Well I guess the jury has gone home and won't be back until Monday!  My heart goes out the Travis family     This is just sad!      See you all Monday, I am going to read some of the threads now that have happen since I was here after my meltdown after CA any suggestions of which ones I should start with  an angelic monkey  (P.S. I love all of the new smilies, they are awesome )  Hugs Monkeys    (According to Court Reporter)

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: February 27, 2015, 12:52:09 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/12-news/2015/02/26/12news-jodi-arias-jury-deliberations-continue/24083907/

Arias jury deliberations to resume Monday
5:12 p.m. MST February 26, 2015

After two days, the jury continued to deliberate in the Jodi Arias sentencing retrial until about 5 p.m. Thursday, when members left for the week. Deliberations will resume Monday.

Arias faces the death penalty in the murder of her boyfriend, Travis Alexander. She was found guilty a year ago but the jury was unable to decide on a punishment.

The jury asked three questions Thursday morning. The first dealt with when they could look at their notes. The second was a request to work through their lunch break, which the judge granted. The third was a request for a list of all the evidence from the first and second trials.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »

Well I guess the jury has gone home and won't be back until Monday!  My heart goes out the Travis family     This is just sad!      See you all Monday, I am going to read some of the threads now that have happen since I was here after my meltdown after CA any suggestions of which ones I should start with  an angelic monkey  (P.S. I love all of the new smilies, they are awesome )  Hugs Monkeys    (According to Court Reporter)

Have you followed young Dylan Redwine?  A sweet boy that went missing when he was visiting his father.  The visit was court ordered.   
A very tiny bit of his remains were found near his father's home.

Any thoughts or predictions on outcome of jury in Arias case? 
I find it fascinating/telling that not one person got in front of the jury to speak on killer's behalf?  Not a parent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin.  Not ONE person willing to beg for mercy. 

CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #953 on: March 01, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »

Jodi Arias' lawyer says ex-boyfriend sexually humiliated her
PHOENIX (AP) — A lawyer for Jodi Arias pleaded for his client's life Tuesday as he told the jury deciding whether she'll be put to death that the ex-lover she killed sexually humiliated her and wanted to keep their trysts secret.

Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi began closing arguments in Arias' sentencing retrial by showing photos from happy moments in her life, such as an image of Arias resting her chin on boyfriend Travis Alexander's shoulder amid a forested background. Nurmi said Arias' problems stem from a personality disorder in which she tries to mold herself to the wishes of the men she dates.

Nurmi portrayed Arias' former boyfriend Travis Alexander as a man divided between his Mormon faith and sexual desires that led him to have relationships with several women. The attorney said Alexander used Arias to quench his sexual urges, called her demeaning names and told her she was soulless.

He asked jurors not to judge Arias entirely on her actions on the day of the killing, saying she is remorseful. "If you sentence Ms. Arias to death, you are killing this girl," Nurmi said, displaying a childhood photo of Arias and her brother.

Alexander's family abruptly left the courtroom once Nurmi started to read Arias' testimony in which she reflects on her former boyfriend's family.

The Alexander family returned to the courtroom shortly before prosecutor Juan Martinez was expected to begin making closing arguments.

Arias was convicted in 2013 of murdering Alexander, but her first jury deadlocked on her punishment. A jury that has been hearing testimony since mid-October will decide whether to sentence her to life in prison or death.

http://news.yahoo.com/lawyers-jodi-arias-trial-last-bids-life-death-141302508.html

I want to refer to  "Alexander's family abruptly left the courtroom once Nurmi started to read Arias' testimony in which she reflects on her former boyfriend's family," from this post.

I have always loved Beth Karas's reporting and always wondered what it would be like if she could add her two cents to what she was reporting on. Since she is no longer working for CNN she has started her own little subscription site with photo's and blogs etc.  I am not pushing her site etc. but it is so very interesting. You can find it at http://karasoncrime.com/

On the day that the Alexander's family left the court room it was because Nurmi making his closing argument was using the impact statements that Travis's sister and brother made for this trial. He was turning and twisting what they said. I have to tell you every time I hear the name Biaz I get a nasty taste in my mouth and can't stand anything about him and now Nurmi has surpassed that for me.

I hope and pray that the stabber gets death but not getting my hopes up. Looking forward to seeing the sentence trial.

I really like that the spell check works as we type saves me a lot of time Smile
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: March 02, 2015, 08:23:40 AM »

Thanks Brandi. 

Wondering if the jury will be 'dressed' for a verdict this morning.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:38 AM »

Thanks Brandi. 

Maybe today justice will prevail!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #956 on: March 02, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »

Thanks Brandi. 

Maybe today justice will prevail!

Lets hope. Seems like this should be a no brainier to me. Guilty Guilty and needs to 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: March 02, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #958 on: March 02, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »

Waiting is hard. Thank You Brandi for the picture of Travis.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/28235715/jury-deciding-sentence-for-arias-to-resume-deliberations

Still no verdict in Jodi Arias trial
Posted: Mar 02, 2015 6:32 AM CST  Updated: Mar 02, 2015 7:10 PM CST

So far, jurors have deliberated for more than 16 hours.

"The jury knows the press is watching what happens here, so they will be very careful with what they do," said legal expert Dwane Cates. "In order for 12 people to agree to kill somebody, they're going to take some time and think about it and make sure it's the right decision."

Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in May 2013, but jurors deadlocked on her punishment, resulting in a hung jury.

During the penalty phase of the first trial, jurors deliberated for about 14 hours, before telling the judge they would be unable to reach a verdict.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.