March 29, 2024, 04:09:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1067654 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2013, 02:17:04 AM »

The look on her lawyers face in the second picture says to me. I don't want to be here.  Jodi still has a smirk on her face to me.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »

I notice Jodi has her gazers on in the photos at court for 8/26.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2013, 10:36:38 AM »

O/t anybody else getting  pop up ads at the bottom of the page on the rum? Annoying...I X out of it and it keeps coming back. Any ideas?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

Cookie, I used to get all kinds of pop ups. I use Firefox as my browser now (switched from IE) and it got better. I may have other programs that stop them as well..... I'm not the most "techie" monkey by a long shot! Hope that helps and sorry you're having trouble. I remember well how annoying the pop-ups can be!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2013, 03:20:19 PM »

source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/26/new-resentence-trial-date-for-jodi-arias/2700029/

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »

loco,
glad to know you are getting better and I pray you will heal completely better than ever.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2013, 03:23:35 PM »

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2013/08/26/jodi-arias-retrial-date-could-be-announced-monday/
Jodi Arias Retrial Date Could Be Announced Monday
August 26, 2013

PHOENIX) — Convicted killer Jodi Arias will return to court on Monday in Maricopa County, Ariz., as a judge is expected to set a date for a retrial of the penalty phase of her murder trail.

In the trial, which riveted millions for five months earlier this year and spawned a TV movie, Arias was found guilty in May of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander. The marathon trial ended when the jury was unable to agree on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison.

Judge Sherry Stephens, who oversaw the murder trial, has said that she’d like to begin picking a new jury next month. The new jurors would not hear the entire case and their only task would be to decide Arias’ fate.

Attorneys for Arias are hoping the retrial will not be as high-profile and have filed a motion asking the judge to keep cameras out, or to at least forbid the trial from being broadcast live. The defense says the publicity was so intense that two witnesses, domestic violence expert Alyce Laviolette and Arias’ childhood friend Patti Womak, received death threats and are too scared to come back to testify for the retrial.

Judge Stephens may not buy the defense’s argument since it was Arias who granted jailhouse interviews as the first jury deliberated her fate.

Arias is now being held in Maricopa County jail awaiting the sentencing phase of her trial. If a second jury is seated for a new sentencing phase, both the prosecution and defense will spend weeks presenting evidence to catch the jury up on the five-month long murder trial.

If the second jury cannot reach a unanimous decision, Arias will automatically be sentenced to life in prison. Then, Judge Stephens will decide if she will get life without parole or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

Does that mean her attorney's will keep Jodi from giving her camera interviews too!
HA what a joke.
On want to see the entire thing come to a conclusion of DP!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130827jodi-arias-change-venue-motion-brk.html?nclick_check=1
Jodi Arias' attorneys ask for change of venue in retrial
August 27, 2013

Defense attorneys for convicted killer Jodi Arias filed a motion Tuesday asking that her retrial for sentencing be moved to another venue because of the notorious publicity surrounding the case.

Arias’ defense team said research indicates that 70 percent of the media coverage in Arizona of the first trial took place in Maricopa County. Her attorneys also want live TV coverage prohibited for the retrial.
More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2013, 05:00:11 PM »

Jodi Arias's defense attorneys remind me of a childhood book I used to read to my sons called "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »

She still seems to have plenty to smile about, huh?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2013, 12:25:40 AM »

http://www.wwgp1050.com/2013/08/26/jodi-arias-retrial-date-could-be-announced-monday/
Jodi Arias Retrial Date Could Be Announced Monday
August 26, 2013

PHOENIX) — Convicted killer Jodi Arias will return to court on Monday in Maricopa County, Ariz., as a judge is expected to set a date for a retrial of the penalty phase of her murder trail.

In the trial, which riveted millions for five months earlier this year and spawned a TV movie, Arias was found guilty in May of murdering her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander. The marathon trial ended when the jury was unable to agree on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison.

Judge Sherry Stephens, who oversaw the murder trial, has said that she’d like to begin picking a new jury next month. The new jurors would not hear the entire case and their only task would be to decide Arias’ fate.

Attorneys for Arias are hoping the retrial will not be as high-profile and have filed a motion asking the judge to keep cameras out, or to at least forbid the trial from being broadcast live. The defense says the publicity was so intense that two witnesses, domestic violence expert Alyce Laviolette and Arias’ childhood friend Patti Womak, received death threats and are too scared to come back to testify for the retrial.

Judge Stephens may not buy the defense’s argument since it was Arias who granted jailhouse interviews as the first jury deliberated her fate.

Arias is now being held in Maricopa County jail awaiting the sentencing phase of her trial. If a second jury is seated for a new sentencing phase, both the prosecution and defense will spend weeks presenting evidence to catch the jury up on the five-month long murder trial.

If the second jury cannot reach a unanimous decision, Arias will automatically be sentenced to life in prison. Then, Judge Stephens will decide if she will get life without parole or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

Does that mean her attorney's will keep Jodi from giving her camera interviews too!
HA what a joke.
On want to see the entire thing come to a conclusion of DP!

Agreed, Froggie! Had Jodi not played Media Whore, complete with calling for make-up and ordering that she appear only in street clothes, then there might be an argument. As it is, she made her bed and I hope the judge will let her lie in it!.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:15 AM »

Thx for the reply CBB.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSyMvcXCIAAk0Tu.png

Ok....I don't really understand this....but it looks like Willmot has subpoenaed Stabby's jail phone records from Jan 1, 2013 - through Aug 1, ..my gut tells me this has something to do with LaViolette's recent interview.....gonna ask an attorney friend and see of he can shed any light on this....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »

The look on her lawyers face in the second picture says to me. I don't want to be here.  Jodi still has a smirk on her face to me.

Do you remember when Willmot dissed her in court?? Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5_lvx_XB8

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

loco,
glad to know you are getting better and I pray you will heal completely better than ever.

Ditto from me loca.....I haven't had much time to be on the computer...but hope all is well with everyone

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »

http://mixedbagblog.com/2013/06/18/patty-admits-no-death-threats/

Just now on the Dr. Drew show Patty Womack, who asked Dr. Drew to introduce her as ‘Jodi’s Former Friend’, said she ‘never, ever received a death threat.’ She also said they were friends from ages 12-20, and that she and her other friends that knew Jodi couldn’t believe such a ‘sweet, sweet girl’ could do such a thing.   

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/26/alyce-laviolette-testimony?hpt=hln10_2

LaViolette spewing more venom......

If she received death threats why wasn't it reported to LE? I call BS on death threats

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »

This is a good article

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/alyce-laviolette-is-back-in-the-news-we-are-still-not-buying-what-she-is-selling/

Alyce Laviolette is back in the news. Recently she was interviewed by CNN’s Ted Rowlands. She once again took to the public airwaves to have her words presented to the millions of people. She was not forced to give this interview, just as she was not forced to testify on behalf of Jodi Arias.

Many victims of domestic violence, completely rejected Alyce’s conclusions that Travis had been guilty of domestic violence. There was absolutely no evidence that Travis had abused Jodi. Now we had the sworn testimony of Jodi Arias herself but Jodi is an internationally renowned liar. In all honesty no one with half a brain would believe anything she had to say.

Alyce stated on the stand that she believed the things that Jodi told her. Doesn’t this alone make Alyce a total fool? Well it made her a total fool in the eyes of most Americans familiar with this case.

Now let’s look at the issue of death threats. Did she really have any legitimate death threats? Where is the police involvement? You know that they would have investigated and brought charges if there were legitimate death threats. I can find no evidence of an investigation or charges being brought against any individual. Alyce herself, when discussing death threats, gave the example of someone writing to her and saying “I hope you choke on a chicken bone.”

Does that sound like a death threat to you?

Rest in Peace Caylee

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:16 AM »

source: http://www.amazon.com/JODI-ARIAS-SEDUCTION-GIRLFRIEND-ebook/dp/B00CKFL29G

source: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_16?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=travis%20alexander%20book&sprefix=Travis+Alexander%2Cstripbooks%2C200
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2013, 01:17:34 AM »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSyMvcXCIAAk0Tu.png

Ok....I don't really understand this....but it looks like Willmot has subpoenaed Stabby's jail phone records from Jan 1, 2013 - through Aug 1, ..my gut tells me this has something to do with LaViolette's recent interview.....gonna ask an attorney friend and see of he can shed any light on this....

Sunny,
Do you know if in the upcoming verdict phase would the Prosecutor be able to bring in new material/evidence such as the
tapes of Jodi's parents with the Detective Flores etc. That could incriminate her further?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.