March 28, 2024, 08:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1067484 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2013, 02:17:25 AM »

Jodi Arias Selling Limited Edition Prison Prints
Oct 17, 2013 2:11pm

It’s a phrase more often associated with famed painters and artists than convicted murderers, but Jodi Arias’ art website has announced that they were releasing a “limited edition” print run of her latest jailhouse drawing, “Sailing at Sunset.”

“She’s able to have access to paper and purchase color pencils, and if she wants to release her property to someone outside, she can,” said Chris Hegstrom, spokesman for the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that oversees Arias’s incarceration.
<snipped>
She remains in a women’s prison in Maricopa County, Ariz., where she is forbidden from using cell phones or computers.

Still, Arias has managed to Tweet and sell artwork online anyway, according to her websites. Attempts to contact the owners of JodiArias.com have not been returned. Arias’ friend Donavan Bering claimed she was running the Twitter account during the trial, but Bering could not be reached by ABC News today for comment.
<snipped>
“She’s not physically running a business from our jail,” Hegstrom said. “I can’t stop her from talking on the phone or releasing property.”

It is unclear where the money from profits ends up, though Hegstrom said people outside of the jail can put money in Arias’ commissary fund.
<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/jodi-arias-selling-limited-edition-prison-prints/

GRRRRRRR!!! This is just plain wrong!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2013, 03:22:38 AM »

It’s a phrase more often associated with famed painters and artists than convicted murderers, but Jodi Arias’ art website has announced that they were releasing a “limited edition” print run of her latest jailhouse drawing, “Sailing at Sunset.”

“She’s able to have access to paper and purchase color pencils, and if she wants to release her property to someone outside, she can,” said Chris Hegstrom, spokesman for the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that oversees Arias’s incarceration.
<snipped>
She remains in a women’s prison in Maricopa County, Ariz., where she is forbidden from using cell phones or computers.

Still, Arias has managed to Tweet and sell artwork online anyway, according to her websites. Attempts to contact the owners of JodiArias.com have not been returned. Arias’ friend Donavan Bering claimed she was running the Twitter account during the trial, but Bering could not be reached by ABC News today for comment.
<snipped>
“She’s not physically running a business from our jail,” Hegstrom said. “I can’t stop her from talking on the phone or releasing property.”

It is unclear where the money from profits ends up, though Hegstrom said people outside of the jail can put money in Arias’ commissary fund.
<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/jodi-arias-selling-limited-edition-prison-prints/

Why is she be allowed to do this. I agree Brandi this is so wrong.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

<snipped>

Hello All!!!

Is JA still in the county jail or has she been moved to a women's prison?  This article  is a little confusing.  She hasn't been sentenced yet, so I would imagine she is still held in county.  Either way, I think it is b/s she can make a profit and take monies from her supporters.  I have been out of the loop, taking college courses for my degree.  Will pop in when I can.  Hope all is well with everyone!!

MK

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2013, 08:52:27 PM »

Monkey King she is still in the county jail as far as I know. Waiting for the sentencing trail to happen. Which should have been held right away. All this garbage the defense is doing with all the postponements is BS. In my opinion. She has been found guilty of murder she shouldn't be able to make any money off of any thing. Drawings included.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:31 PM »

Monkey King she is still in the county jail as far as I know. Waiting for the sentencing trail to happen. Which should have been held right away. All this garbage the defense is doing with all the postponements is BS. In my opinion. She has been found guilty of murder she shouldn't be able to make any money off of any thing. Drawings included.

Hey Green Eyes!!

I totally agree.  This is such a terrible travesty of justice.  This has gone on long enough.  The victim has been dead and gone for a long period of time.  The defense has been pulling their shenanigans for quite some time.  The longer this goes on, I'm afraid she is getting further and further away from getting the death penalty.  The jury foreman was ridiculous to me.  No wonder they couldn't reach an agreement.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »

(Sorry about the double post!! Been a while since I've been here!!)

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #426 on: October 18, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »

Hey Green Eyes!!

I totally agree.  This is such a terrible travesty of justice.  This has gone on long enough.  The victim has been dead and gone for a long period of time.  The defense has been pulling their shenanigans for quite some time.  The longer this goes on, I'm afraid she is getting further and further away from getting the death penalty.  The jury foreman was ridiculous to me.  No wonder they couldn't reach an agreement.

I agree Monkey King. I feel bad for Travis's family. Having to wait to finely get justice for him.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: October 19, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »

I simply don't understand why she, a convicted murderer is allowed to make money off her crime. No one would be buying this "artwork" if she had never murdered Travis. No one would know who she is. She is using the notoriety she has by murdering Travis to sell these.

Seems the Son of Sam law should be applied and forbid these sales. Arizona does have the Son of Sam Law.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »

I simply don't understand why she, a convicted murderer is allowed to make money off her crime. No one would be buying this "artwork" if she had never murdered Travis. No one would know who she is. She is using the notoriety she has by murdering Travis to sell these.

Seems the Son of Sam law should be applied and forbid these sales. Arizona does have the Son of Sam Law.

Exactly  Brandi

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: October 23, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

Tomorrow's scheduled Settlement Conference at 10 AM.

Closed to media, of course.

At least something is scheduled to take place.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Judge-Sherry-K-Stephens-Support-Page/529155977136971

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:29 PM »

Jodi Arias in court Thursday for settlement conference; media not allowed

Posted on October 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Updated today at 7:31 AM
PHOENIX -- Lawyers on both sides of the Jodie Arias case will be in court for a closed-door meeting today as they try to work out a settlement that could put an end to one of the most-watched murder trials in history.
<snipped>

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Jodi-Arias-in-court-Thursday-for-closed-settlement-conference-229093501.html

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »

Arias case: Judge meeting with lawyers behind closed doors
Posted: Oct 24, 2013 10:25 AM EDT Updated: Oct 24, 2013 10:42 AM EDT

PHOENIX -
Jodi Arias will be back in court Thursday morning as attorneys will meet with the judge to discuss the status of the penalty phase retrial.

But cameras will not be in the court room -- the conference is closed to the public and media, but Jodi herself has been putting the case in the public eye by operating a Twitter account and still tweeting through a third party.

On Wednesday, she tweeted, "Donations are now being accepted for my appeals at Justice4Jodi.com."
https://twitter.com/JodiAnnArias/status/393021990233055232
<snipped>

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23778454/2013/10/24/arias-case-judge-meeting-with-lawyers-behind-closed-doors

GRRRRRR!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

No deal struck during Arias settlement conference
Posted on October 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM

PHOENIX -- No deal was struck during Thursday's settlement conference for Jodi Arias, according to Maricopa County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb.

The case is proceeding to the retrial penalty phase.

Lawyers on both sides of the Arias case were in court for the closed-door meeting as they tried to work out a settlement that could have put an end to one of the most-watched murder trials in history.
<snipped>

http://www.azfamily.com/news/No-deal-struck-during-Arias-settlement-conference-229150051.html

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: October 24, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20131024jodi-arias-files-motions-fire-attorney.html

Jodi Arias files motions to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 PM

Jodi Arias, who has been convicted of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, but has not yet been sentenced, filed motions in Maricopa County Superior Court Tuesday to fire her main defense attorney.

Arias said in a 12-page handwritten narrative that her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, had not seen her since May 23, the day the jury reached an impasse on whether to sentence her to life or death. She claimed that she attempted to fire him in June as well, but Judge Sherry Stephens did not grant her request.

Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.” She offered, as an example, her emotional reaction when the defense played in open court a lurid recording of a phone call between Arias and Alexander; Arias said she wanted the tape to be played in a closed courtroom only to the jury and not to the general public.

Nurmi could not immediately be reached for comment on Arias’s motion.

Arias, however, speaks kindly of her second-chair attorney, Jennifer Willmott, who she said has borne the brunt of the work in the case.

Arias was in court today for a settlement conference before retired Maricopa County Superior Court Judge James Keppel. A court spokesperson relayed the message that no agreement had been reached and that Keppel was referring the case back to Stephens. The lack of a deal was not surprising, given that there is not much room for negotiation: Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, which carries the options of a death sentence, natural-life sentence, or life with a chance of release after 25 years.

A death sentence can only be imposed by a jury, so the only discussion points would have been whether the County Attorney’s Office would drop the intent to seek the death penalty and whether Arias would waive further appeals.

Earlier, Nurmi declined comment on the settlement conference, as did Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery.

Arias has another court hearing scheduled for Nov. 1.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: October 25, 2013, 08:43:54 AM »

Ha ha - like Arias is a poster child for "people skills".

Uh, Jodi - you are facing death row - me thinks you are the one with no people skills.

Geez.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

Jodi Arias ‏@JodiAnnArias 22 Oct
El tiempo lo arregla todo.
Collapse  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES PrincesaJasmineCarmelo AnguisArmando H. MichaelJoseph ConsenterioRobyn
12:00 PM - 22 Oct 13 · Details
 Joseph Santos ‏@JoeSantos5150 22 Oct
@JodiAnnArias Así es guapa Wink Sige adelante Wink
Expand
 Josh Mankiewicz ‏@JoshMankiewicz 22 Oct
@JodiAnnArias Time wounds all heels -Groucho Marx
Expand
 Karen ‏@karen1atl 22 Oct
@JodiAnnArias I'm sure this will be of great comfort to your family when the State of Arizona delivers your final sentence.
Expand
 Ms.Pussycat ‏@PussycatPlace 22 Oct
@JodiAnnArias Nothing you say or do is going to fix what you did to Travis, time is not on your side.
Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
 Ms.Pussycat ‏@PussycatPlace 22 Oct
@JoeSantos5150 @JodiAnnArias Your sick for worshiping this murderer!
https://twitter.com/JodiAnnArias
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »

Jodi Arias selling her Limited Edition Print $1,500.00
http://www.jodiarias.com/#!product/prd3/1231661631/sailing-at-sunset
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »

Hey loca hope you are doing good.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: October 26, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »

Jodi Arias selling her Limited Edition Print $1,500.00
http://www.jodiarias.com/#!product/prd3/1231661631/sailing-at-sunset

Jodi Arias painting should be more like this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.