March 28, 2024, 04:33:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1067546 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2013, 10:48:28 PM »

I betcha Juan Martinez went out looking for the gun Jodi used and threw away....

....the distance one can throw from a vehicle ain't that far.....

Jodi tries to draw her way outta jail, while Juan Martinez might just have a nail to her coffin

Probably testing the Costco water too

No more Starbucks for you Jodi

[imghttp://cdn.kermit-on-tour.com/new-york/kermit-new-york-013-s.jpg[/img]

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: October 27, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20131024jodi-arias-files-motions-fire-attorney.html

Jodi Arias files motions to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 PM

Jodi Arias, who has been convicted of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, but has not yet been sentenced, filed motions in Maricopa County Superior Court Tuesday to fire her main defense attorney.

Arias said in a 12-page handwritten narrative that her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, had not seen her since May 23, the day the jury reached an impasse on whether to sentence her to life or death. She claimed that she attempted to fire him in June as well, but Judge Sherry Stephens did not grant her request.

Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.” She offered, as an example, her emotional reaction when the defense played in open court a lurid recording of a phone call between Arias and Alexander; Arias said she wanted the tape to be played in a closed courtroom only to the jury and not to the general public.

Nurmi could not immediately be reached for comment on Arias’s motion.

Arias, however, speaks kindly of her second-chair attorney, Jennifer Willmott, who she said has borne the brunt of the work in the case.

Arias was in court today for a settlement conference before retired Maricopa County Superior Court Judge James Keppel. A court spokesperson relayed the message that no agreement had been reached and that Keppel was referring the case back to Stephens. The lack of a deal was not surprising, given that there is not much room for negotiation: Arias is already convicted of first-degree murder, which carries the options of a death sentence, natural-life sentence, or life with a chance of release after 25 years.

A death sentence can only be imposed by a jury, so the only discussion points would have been whether the County Attorney’s Office would drop the intent to seek the death penalty and whether Arias would waive further appeals.

Earlier, Nurmi declined comment on the settlement conference, as did Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery.

Arias has another court hearing scheduled for Nov. 1.

Oh my she's a mess

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: October 27, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »

I betcha Juan Martinez went out looking for the gun Jodi used and threw away....

....the distance one can throw from a vehicle ain't that far.....

Jodi tries to draw her way outta jail, while Juan Martinez might just have a nail to her coffin

Probably testing the Costco water too

No more Starbucks for you Jodi

[imghttp://cdn.kermit-on-tour.com/new-york/kermit-new-york-013-s.jpg[/img]

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you

Kermit
Your too cute with your cartoons! I need a good laugh. Thank you

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: October 27, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »

loca,

if you drop by - something came to me after I read CW's post. PLAY MUSIC! Listen to G_dly music.

loca

Kermit is right!  God's Word is revealed through His music and has the ability to provide required encouragement and inner strength throughout a difficult journey.

Janet

++++++

You Raise Me Up - Daniel O'Donnell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etK5yLjiVOs&NR=1

Be Not Afraid - Daniel O' Donnell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWEHD1wEFc

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Janet
Yes listening to gospel and listening to the bible on my ipad has been such a source of comfort. I'm on my third week of chemo and radiation! Or is it four! I can't remember, my heads spinning with so much overwhelming discomfort. I have radiation daily except weekends and chemo Mondays. God made a way for me to get my internal radiation! Ouch starting October 31st and once a week after that. For three weeks! I have to travel near the Bay Area.I had two lymph nodes that would have prevented that. I guess they still are there! But not as big. That makes two forms of radiation and the chemo. I've been going thru it! Very intense discomfort. I pray harder! Cry harder to god. It's not always so intense! I get a break here and there. Nov 11th chemo ends!!!  Nov 13th. External radiation ends as well as chemo! ! Both in my hometown. The out of town radiation ends nov 20th. I pray I can endure! I've lost a lot of weight. I weighed 171 when I had my gallbladder surgery in July 3rd. I'm now down to 138" I had to buy clothes and as funny as this may sound my big girl panties literally fell off and hit my knees lol. My spirits not broken! I don't feel sorry for myself. I have to be strong and remain as independent as I can. I don't want to have to be treated handicapped. If a day comes that I have to give in! Than I will. I'm a feisty little 4ft 10" little Mexican lol. I'm handling this with a good sense of humor! Depression robs your spirit of the will to fight. I thank you all so much for your loyal prayers. Please know that I haven't forgotten any of you. I know all the prayers of all you kind people are still flowing.

Because I honestly feel the prayers! They give me a reason each day! To fight! With everything within my being. I will check in again probably when all treatments are done. They aren't telling me anything! Other than I've had it for a few years. They will do tests upon completion of treatments. Know what's worst lol! I have to eat certain foods! No sugars! It feeds cancer. No fried foods no fast foods ughhhhh! I look like a starving Ethiopian on crack. I called my self while out shopping with my mom and niece! Sneaking off to mcdonalds at Walmart. I snuck a mcchicken!  I  Mmmed and awed! I even hid the evidence! I got sick that night lol. I only have energy to go from home to treatments! But Friday I had to go shopping for sports bras cuz my bras looked like vacated towns. Lol
Anyways I have to say thank you again! Humor and laughter along with prayer and gospel music! Help me get thru this. It's almost over and I can enjoy a good meal and some much needed retail therapy! Having shopping withdrawals. Lol
Love you guys
Loca

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: October 27, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

P.s
The lymph nodes the two were near the aorta and the liver.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: October 27, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »

loca,

if you drop by - something came to me after I read CW's post. PLAY MUSIC! Listen to G_dly music.

loca

Kermit is right!  God's Word is revealed through His music and has the ability to provide required encouragement and inner strength throughout a difficult journey.

Janet

++++++

You Raise Me Up - Daniel O'Donnell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etK5yLjiVOs&NR=1

Be Not Afraid - Daniel O' Donnell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWEHD1wEFc

Deuteronomy 31:8 - "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Janet
Yes listening to gospel and listening to the bible on my ipad has been such a source of comfort. I'm on my third week of chemo and radiation! Or is it four! I can't remember, my heads spinning with so much overwhelming discomfort. I have radiation daily except weekends and chemo Mondays. God made a way for me to get my internal radiation! Ouch starting October 31st and once a week after that. For three weeks! I have to travel near the Bay Area.I had two lymph nodes that would have prevented that. I guess they still are there! But not as big. That makes two forms of radiation and the chemo. I've been going thru it! Very intense discomfort. I pray harder! Cry harder to god. It's not always so intense! I get a break here and there. Nov 11th chemo ends!!!  Nov 13th. External radiation ends as well as chemo! ! Both in my hometown. The out of town radiation ends nov 20th. I pray I can endure! I've lost a lot of weight. I weighed 171 when I had my gallbladder surgery in July 3rd. I'm now down to 138" I had to buy clothes and as funny as this may sound my big girl panties literally fell off and hit my knees lol. My spirits not broken! I don't feel sorry for myself. I have to be strong and remain as independent as I can. I don't want to have to be treated handicapped. If a day comes that I have to give in! Than I will. I'm a feisty little 4ft 10" little Mexican lol. I'm handling this with a good sense of humor! Depression robs your spirit of the will to fight. I thank you all so much for your loyal prayers. Please know that I haven't forgotten any of you. I know all the prayers of all you kind people are still flowing.

Because I honestly feel the prayers! They give me a reason each day! To fight! With everything within my being. I will check in again probably when all treatments are done. They aren't telling me anything! Other than I've had it for a few years. They will do tests upon completion of treatments. Know what's worst lol! I have to eat certain foods! No sugars! It feeds cancer. No fried foods no fast foods ughhhhh! I look like a starving Ethiopian on crack. I called my self while out shopping with my mom and niece! Sneaking off to mcdonalds at Walmart. I snuck a mcchicken!  I  Mmmed and awed! I even hid the evidence! I got sick that night lol. I only have energy to go from home to treatments! But Friday I had to go shopping for sports bras cuz my bras looked like vacated towns. Lol
Anyways I have to say thank you again! Humor and laughter along with prayer and gospel music! Help me get thru this. It's almost over and I can enjoy a good meal and some much needed retail therapy! Having shopping withdrawals. Lol
Love you guys
Loca

Oh thank you for Hesse links and scripture. I will listen to them. Y'all have my permission to ask klaus end for my email although it has changed. Klaus send here it is
Katierendon@me.com

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: October 27, 2013, 01:39:49 PM »

::MonkeyShovel::hi everyone
I'm still warm and breathing! I began chemo and radiation a week ago today. Chemo every Monday for 3 plus hours.
Radiation monday thru Friday. My pet scans came back showing that the cancer had spread to other areas of my female areas! And they seen a lymph node near the liver and the aorta. Originally I would finish 6-7 weeks in my hometown of external treatments and than near the Bay Area for internal radiation ouch!! Well all that changed when the pet scan was spreading to those two lymph nodes!
My spirits and my faith never wavered! I had no fear! No one could understand it! A peace that passed all understanding. Well good news on Friday at radiation!!!

I'm going to get to go to the internal radiation after treatments here!!! I can't even began to tell you how many times I've cried out to The Lord! Before the news! I said lord I praise and thank you for your blessings and for trials and tribulations. I've had no fear thru this journey.

I'm feeling I'll at times and weak but it comes with the territory. Recently I went to the American cancer society to a two hour make up class! They give you high end makeup donated! Teach you how to use it. I was the only one of three women there that had hair! I'm sure I may loose it sooner or later! But I have two wigs and all kinds of hats.  I'm ready. It's been a journey. I haven't had much stamina to come and update all you! Praying for me.
I am happy! Blessed and thankful to you all. I have a lot of prayer going n here. I wear two prayer handkerchiefs in my left side by my heart in my bra.

I'll drop by later to read updates!
Just wanted y'all know I'm thinking of ya.
Loca

Loca

Thank you for sharing.

There were times 23 years ago when during the recovery process following surgery to remove a large benign brain tumour that my faith did fail me ... not my Lord ... just my faith.  At times I was too too overwhelmed to reach up.  It was during this period of time that the prayers of others were my source of strength and ... for the most part ... "the peace that passes all understanding" remained constant.

Loca ... my prayers are with daily along with approixmately 15 others in a ladies' prayer chain I have been a participant of for many years.

Janet

Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Janet
Oh my precious a prayer chain thank you!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: October 27, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »

loca,

I don't know why, but I have a *feeling* that you are going to pull through this. I keep saying prayers for your little body
throughout the day when your name comes across my heart. There is nothing I can say, other than, WE MONKEYS STAND WITH YOU. Now, keep that image in your head cuz I'm telling you these Monkeys got the power! I think they are all connected to G_d
in one way or another. Big Monkey & froggy hugs to you.

loca, its all got to be good, i think i mentioned to kermit way back,i like his/her name bc
my Guncles name was kermit,and he found god through music flowing through a church
window,and became a reverend

gezze i forgot something i learned a long time ago,sorry for the O/T
but loca is a sick mokey,and needs us

F forever
R rely
O on
G god

I have the same feeling! I'll tell you what, it has made me more aware of others suffering more than me. One of The miracle in this situation. I have lost no hair! My hair almost to my waste! I'm the only lady I've seen that hasn't lost hair. I have two wigs! I prepared for it. I mean I got chemo caps for the hair not to fall in my pillow or bed. I won't go into detail ! But I've been asked by my doctors if I'm doing this or that! Because I'm supposed tooo and guess what!! Not having major side effects like they expect! I was told my stomach wouldn't be tolerant to odors because of my senses! Nope nada. It's god shielding me from so much. I'm stage 2 cervical and mines spread! I met a lady with cervical cancer stage 4 hers not spread. She is wearing a wig. Amazing grace.

Loca
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: October 28, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

FOR LOCA - WATCH MY NEW VIDEO SONG IN MY OWN VOICE TO YOU!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3--Ow9ov9e0

I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL

source: http://kffm.com/wrecks-in-effect-kermit-the-frog-as-miley-cyrus/

Please Loca, do not go commando!
Buy some underwear that fit!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: October 28, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »

Jodi Arias wants lead attorney removed for his 'utter poverty of people skills'
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jodi-arias-lead-attorney-utter-poverty-people-skills-article-1.1499060#ixzz2j2v3rfkk

Perhaps Kirk Nurmi could sit down in the bathtub and Jodi could take photos of him nekkid!!!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: October 29, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »

Nurmi Will be thrilled. He has wanted off this case for a long time.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »

Yeah, I lost track of how many times he has motioned to get off this case.

Quite a few.

I think this is just a stall tactic by a self-proclaimed prima donna prisoner, myself.

Funny how she claims his memory is not good, and he forgot key points in her case.

I remember her "brain fog" where SHE forgot key points in her case.

Just wish this would get going. Another conference is scheduled for this Friday.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »

Yeah, I lost track of how many times he has motioned to get off this case.

Quite a few.

I think this is just a stall tactic by a self-proclaimed prima donna prisoner, myself.

Funny how she claims his memory is not good, and he forgot key points in her case.

I remember her "brain fog" where SHE forgot key points in her case.

Just wish this would get going. Another conference is scheduled for this Friday.

Right on Brandi

GOD BLESS AMERICA
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2013, 11:23:39 AM »

Thank you Kermit. I will do that today! How sweet I will cherish it dearly.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

Thank you Kermit. I will do that today! How sweet I will cherish it dearly.
Lol my chonies new ones lol for now safety pins lol I'll have to get enough energy to get to walmart haha

Loca
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »

loca,

I don't know why, but I have a *feeling* that you are going to pull through this. I keep saying prayers for your little body
throughout the day when your name comes across my heart. There is nothing I can say, other than, WE MONKEYS STAND WITH YOU. Now, keep that image in your head cuz I'm telling you these Monkeys got the power! I think they are all connected to G_d
in one way or another. Big Monkey & froggy hugs to you.

loca, its all got to be good, i think i mentioned to kermit way back,i like his/her name bc
my Guncles name was kermit,and he found god through music flowing through a church
window,and became a reverend

gezze i forgot something i learned a long time ago,sorry for the O/T
but loca is a sick mokey,and needs us

F forever
R rely
O on
G god

I have the same feeling! I'll tell you what, it has made me more aware of others suffering more than me. One of The miracle in this situation. I have lost no hair! My hair almost to my waste! I'm the only lady I've seen that hasn't lost hair. I have two wigs! I prepared for it. I mean I got chemo caps for the hair not to fall in my pillow or bed. I won't go into detail ! But I've been asked by my doctors if I'm doing this or that! Because I'm supposed tooo and guess what!! Not having major side effects like they expect! I was told my stomach wouldn't be tolerant to odors because of my senses! Nope nada. It's god shielding me from so much. I'm stage 2 cervical and mines spread! I met a lady with cervical cancer stage 4 hers not spread. She is wearing a wig. Amazing grace.
Praying for u too loca! God loves a beautiful heart!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »

JODI ARIAS PRETRIAL CONFERENCE
A pretrial conference is scheduled (today)to discuss outstanding issues prior to the Jodi Arias murder case penalty phase retrial. This is a closed hearing. 1:30 p.m., Maricopa County Superior Court, Phoenix.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/friday-4-stories-to-watch-in-arizona-11113

Hope we get an update soon.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: October 31, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

A pretrial conference is scheduled (today)to discuss outstanding issues prior to the Jodi Arias murder case penalty phase retrial. This is a closed hearing. 1:30 p.m., Maricopa County Superior Court, Phoenix.

Thank you for the heads up Brandi.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »

Thanks Brandi  They need to get this case moving. She needs to have her butt in jail waiting for 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »

Oh dear! I thought yesterday was Friday when I posted this! (so sorry!)

The hearing is today.

I believe Judge Stephens has quite a few motions to rule on. Media coverage, jury twitter accounts, (although Jodi's twitter account remains active) change of venue, the firing of Arias' attorney, Kirk Nurmi, and jury sequestration, to name a few.

Would be nice if she actually ruled on these today so the penalty phase can go on!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.