March 28, 2024, 10:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1067492 times)
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »

I sure hope she has to wear her jail outfits to court. So fitting for a convicted killer! She is so vein and ugly inside and out.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: August 19, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »

I sure hope she has to wear her jail outfits to court. So fitting for a convicted killer! She is so vein and ugly inside and out.

Carol, I was told that she would not wear her prison stripes...although she is a convicted felon she has not yet been sentenced.....so she will be able to wear civilian clothes so as to not prejudice the jury. ...really??????????????? was my reply along with a couple words I can't say here

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: August 19, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/08/15/jodi-arias-kirk-nurmi-retrial-ploy-opinion-monica-lindstrom
this is an interesting article...

Could Judge Stephens allow Nurmi to withdraw? Yes. Should she? No.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: August 20, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/20/us-usa-crime-arias-idUSKBN0GK24A20140820
Convicted Arizona killer Jodi Arias wins delay in penalty phase retrial
August 20, 2014

(Reuters) - Convicted killer Jodi Arias, who could face the death penalty for the murder of her ex-boyfriend at his Phoenix area home more than six years ago, won a three-week delay on Wednesday in the retrial of the penalty phase of the case.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens granted a request by Arias, who is acting as her own attorney in the penalty phase retrial, to push back jury selection until Sept. 29, according to a court spokeswoman.

Arias, 34, asked for the delay from Sept. 8 because of problems meeting with a potential witness, the spokeswoman said. The judge’s decision came after a closed-door hearing on Wednesday morning and was announced later by the court.

The trial, which began in December 2012 and lasted five months, was punctuated by graphic testimony, bloody photographs and sexual situations. Arias took the stand for 18 days and maintained throughout that the killing was in self-defense.

The jury also found Arias eligible for the death penalty but could not decide whether she should be executed.

A new jury will attempt to decide whether she will get life or death. If there is another deadlock, a judge would determine whether she gets natural life in prison or life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »

http://ktar.com/22/1760083/Jodi-Arias-asks-judge-to-delay-penalty-retrial
Jury selection for Jodi Arias penalty phase retrial set for Sept. 29
August 20, 2014

PHOENIX -- A judge granted the motion Wednesday to continue the penalty phase retrial of Jodi Arias. Jury selection was scheduled to begin late next month.

Arias had briefly addressed the judge before the courtroom was closed to the media.

Judge Sherry Stephens granted the motion to continue #JodiArias trial. Jury selection begins on 9/29/2014. Next hearing is 9/4/2014 at 8:30.

— MC Superior Court (@courtpio) August 20, 2014

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: August 20, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »

August 20, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/courtpio

MC Superior Court @courtpio  ·  2h
Judge Sherry Stephens granted the motion to continue #JodiArias trial. Jury selection begins on 9/29/2014. Next hearing is 9/4/2014 at 8:30.

MC Superior Court @courtpio  ·  4h
The evidentiary/motions hearing set for 8/22 at 1:30 in State v. #JodiArias was vacated and reset for this morning at 8:30am.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »

Well, I must say, I am extremely perturbed that Judge Stephens granted a delay after stating that she would not, and Jodi agreeing to those terms.

*sigh*

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: August 23, 2014, 08:14:35 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/jodi-arias/2014/08/08/jodi-arias-attorney-motion-kirk-nurmi/13781429/

Jodi Arias lawyer tries to quit case
12:46 p.m. MST August 8, 2014

On Monday, convicted killer Jodi Arias was granted permission to act as her own lawyer in her September retrial to determine if she is sentenced to life or death.

On Friday, her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, asked the court to let him quit.

Arias, 34, is supposed to start picking a new jury Sept. 8. Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens approved Arias' motion to represent herself, and appointed Nurmi and his second-chair attorney, Jennifer Willmott, as her legal advisers for the upcoming trial.

Nurmi had asked to be removed from the case in 2011, but another judge denied the motion. With Friday's filing, Nurmi asks for reconsideration because the situation has changed.

In his motion he noted that the earlier judge told him he had an ethical obligation to stay on the case. But now that he is merely advisory counsel, he wrote, "his ethical obligations to Ms. Arias are lessened to the point where these ethical obligations are of significantly lesser import."

He also pointed out that Arias has repeatedly tried to fire him from the case.

On Monday, Nurmi told Stephens that he and Arias did not agree on defense strategy for the upcoming retrial.

I can't really blame Nurmi from trying to extract himself from this. 

I agree Muffy, but this will just lead to another postponement.  Of course, she is going to appeal whatever because of "ineffective" counsel.  A no win situation.

Sometimes I hate it when I'm correct!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: August 23, 2014, 11:49:14 AM »

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/national/arias-to-represent-herself-at-death-penalty-trial/article_9e4c64cd-5093-5baa-aa68-6ace994651b8.html
Arias to represent herself at death penalty trial
August 4, 2014

PHOENIX (AP) — A judge has ruled that Jodi Arias can represent herself in the upcoming penalty phase of her murder trial, where jurors will decide whether she is put to death for killing her ex-boyfriend.
Arias, 34, was convicted of first-degree murder last year in the 2008 killing of Travis Alexander, but jurors couldn't reach a decision on sentencing. Under Arizona law, Arias' murder conviction stands, and prosecutors have the option of putting on a second penalty phase with a new jury in an effort to secure a death sentence.
The case captured headlines worldwide and became a cable television staple with its tales of sex, lies and a brutal killing.
A new trial to determine the sentence is scheduled to begin Sept. 8. If the second panel fails to end in a unanimous decision, the death penalty would be removed from consideration. The judge would then sentence Arias to spend her life behind bars or to be eligible for release after 25 years.
Arias told the judge Monday of her intentions to act as her own lawyer, and Judge Sherry Stephens granted the request.

Wow

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #709 on: August 24, 2014, 02:07:28 AM »

Well, I must say, I am extremely perturbed that Judge Stephens granted a delay after stating that she would not, and Jodi agreeing to those terms.

*sigh*

Add me to that list. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: August 30, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »

Handwritten motion from Jodi Arias to delay her trial until Sept. 29. 

Motion (pdf 4 pages)
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/link/709654/arias-motion

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 30, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »

Juan Martinez has filed a motion for sanctions against Jodi Arias.

She has not turned over her witness list as previously ordered.

Sanctions motion (pdf 2 pages)
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/ksaz/pdfs/56925030.pdf

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: September 03, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »

Hi Monks, I wonder if this will ever end.  Once again JSS has deferred to JA.  I was speaking to a lawyer/judge couple who are friends of ours. Both agreed that JSS is giving JA much more leeway than she would an attorney. I think JSS has forgotten this is the mitigation phases and not a retrial...she was convicted...so why is JSS allowing all this?   

This is a good site to get first hand updates...http://thetrialdiaries.com/...here are a couple things that were highlights for me....and it's great to get info from someone first hand who doesn't have a dog in the fight.

It was an early morning hearing for Jodi Arias today that takes this case one step closer to starting on time for September 29, 2014.

As Jodi Arias made her way into the courtroom to make her arguments acting now as Pro Se, her much shorter hairstyle was very noticeable as it now barely touches her shoulders. The once long hair she had that went to her waist was cut, and donated to an organization unknown which was reported on by Jodi herself. But the new hairstyle really makes Jodi look years younger to me, and I always have to wonder how her appearance will play a role with jurors in the upcoming retrial.

Jodi went on to say that she doesn’t want Juan or Detective Flores contacting her witnesses prior to an interview because the witnesses don’t like Juan’s style.

Juan also states he will need any raw data from Jodi’s expert so he can submit it to Dr. DeMarte. So we now know that Dr. Janeen DeMarte will be making another appearance at the Jodi Arias trial and if it’s anything like last time Jodi better be prepared…real prepared.

Jodi Arias says that she objects to camera coverage because so much “damage” has already been done to her, and more could happen if cameras are allowed to cover it gavel to gavel. As it stands right now the retrial will be filmed but only allowed to air once the verdict has been read. So the motion for this will be taken back up on Sept. 15th at 8:30am when the media attorney can be present to argue it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: September 03, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

Thanks for the updates SunnyinTX.
Will this ever be over?

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: September 03, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »

Thanks for the updates SunnyinTX.
Will this ever be over?

YW Sister....I have asked that question so many times......

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: September 03, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurieroberts/2014/09/02/jodi-arias-trial-travis-alexander-tv-cameras/14995143/

Pity poor Jodi Arias.

Really, the woman is such a victim.

Already, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens has overreacted to the media craze that is Arias, creating a virtual video blackout of the woman's upcoming sentencing trial.

Believe me, if the public had influenced the jury. Arias would right now be sitting on death row.   <<<< IMO this is the best line in the article.

Rest in Peace Caylee

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: September 03, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/08/29/jodi-arias-gets-access-to-home-where-she-killed-ex/

Judge grants Jodi Arias access to home where she killed ex-boyfriend
Posted 5:29 pm, August 29, 2014

MESA, Ariz. — A judge has granted Jodi Arias’ request for access back inside the home where she killed her ex-boyfriend six years ago.

KTVK reports that this is a very sensitive subject for many Mesa residents. Current occupants in that home had no comment Thursday.

A judge recently approved her request to represent herself this time around and granted her request to bring her new investigator back to the home where she killed him — a move some Mesa residents just don’t understand.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: September 04, 2014, 07:14:53 AM »

MESA, Ariz. — A judge has granted Jodi Arias’ request for access back inside the home where she killed her ex-boyfriend six years ago.

KTVK reports that this is a very sensitive subject for many Mesa residents. Current occupants in that home had no comment Thursday.

A judge recently approved her request to represent herself this time around and granted her request to bring her new investigator back to the home where she killed him — a move some Mesa residents just don’t understand.

this makes no sense to me at all.  This is not a re-trial, this is for sentencing.  Good grief!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: September 04, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »

this makes no sense to me at all.  This is not a re-trial, this is for sentencing.  Good grief!

ITA Sister.     I just don't know.  She's been found guilty and now it's time for sentencing.  We should all be way past revisiting the place she murdered Travis.  JMHO  And so the circus continues.  Sad for Travis Alexander, his family and friends.  Where is justice? 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: September 04, 2014, 04:28:08 PM »

ummm I notice the article says 'a judge', not mentioning THE Judge......I sure hope the occupants can get a stop on this court order. What an invasion of their privacy. JMO but once again JSS bends over backwards to accommodate JA....shameful!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.