March 28, 2024, 04:13:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travis Alexander of Mesa, AZ Found Murdered June 2008-Jodi Arias on Trial #2  (Read 1067443 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »

So sad that the hold out juror could not have been released from 'duty'...really sad that she had an agenda. I would think that the family will get comfort knowing that all but 1 wanted Jody dead! Hopefully she will get life without parole!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

If you have the stomach to listen to this or read it: http://www.kpho.com/story/28274746/juror-no-12s-husband-she-felt-like-she-was-being-assaulted

Juror's husband: 'She felt like she was being assaulted'
Posted: Mar 05, 2015 5:33 PM EST Updated: Mar 05, 2015 6:32 PM EST
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

CBS 5 News spoke with the husband of the 12th juror, the one holdout against the death penalty for Jodi Arias.

The judge in the penalty phase retrial for Jodi Arias announced a mistrial late Thursday morning.

She said the jury could not reach a unanimous decision. They were 11-1 for the death penalty.

The husband of the juror who wanted life in prison for Arias asked that his identity not be released since he says his family is already receiving threats.
Here is the full transcript:

CBS 5 News' Greg Argos: Are you her husband?

Husband: I am

Argos: And she was part of the jury?

Husband: She was.

Argos: Do you happen to know - was she the one that held out for the decision today?

Husband: She was.

Argos:  Did she tell you what the feeling was like inside of that jury room?

Husband: Yeah, she said she felt like she was being assaulted by all the other jurors ... trying to get her to go the other way. She held strong to her beliefs and I'm proud of her for that.

Argos: Is it a religious belief she had, or why?

Husband: No, it isn't. She's not opposed to the death penalty. She just didn't believe it was warranted here.

Argos: And she still sticks by her decision?

Husband: Absolutely, she does.

<snipped>

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2015, 08:02:10 PM »

You called this one Brandi. I feel bad for Travis' family. The only thing I can say is at least they don't have to see her or look at her again. Sounds like the juror knew she wouldn't give her the DP. Throw her in jail and throw away the key. Prayers for Travis' family, that they can find peace and try and heal as much as it's possible to heal.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: March 05, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »

Wow if that juror did not think that this case warranted the death penalty, I don't know what case she would consider death penalty worthy...wow! Just wow...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1024 on: March 05, 2015, 08:44:56 PM »

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/05/sneak-peek-jodi-arias-eventual-prison-home/24456075/
A sneak peek at Jodi Arias' eventual prison home
March 5, 2015

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »

Video at the link

http://radio.foxnews.com/2015/03/05/jury-deadlocks-no-death-sentence-for-jodi-arias-video/

Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]
(March 5, 2015)

Even before the verdict was read, you could hear family members of the victim, Travis Alexander — crying. But, after the judge read that the jury was hung, the emotional sounds just totally overwhelmed the courtroom.

This was the second jury that hung on the punishment phase, in which they had to decide if Jodi Arias should get the death penalty for murdering Alexander.

Sentencing was set for April 13th, at which point the judge will decide if Arias gets life in prison — with or without the possibility of parole.

Arias, herself, looked unemotional for the most part during the verdict reading; but, one of her attorneys hugged her as they left.

Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #1026 on: March 06, 2015, 01:55:42 AM »

And yet again justice didn't happen! Sad day    I can't take anymore    Bless all of the Angels that never got their justice! 

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1027 on: March 06, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »

Video at the link

http://radio.foxnews.com/2015/03/05/jury-deadlocks-no-death-sentence-for-jodi-arias-video/

(March 5, 2015)

Even before the verdict was read, you could hear family members of the victim, Travis Alexander — crying. But, after the judge read that the jury was hung, the emotional sounds just totally overwhelmed the courtroom.

This was the second jury that hung on the punishment phase, in which they had to decide if Jodi Arias should get the death penalty for murdering Alexander.

Sentencing was set for April 13th, at which point the judge will decide if Arias gets life in prison — with or without the possibility of parole.

Arias, herself, looked unemotional for the most part during the verdict reading; but, one of her attorneys hugged her as they left.

Although Jodi Arias didn't get receive death penalty, which in my opinion she deserved, I hope when the judge decides her sentence, he takes into account 11 of the 12 jurors were in support of her receiving the death sentence, and sentences her to life in prison without the possibility of parole

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1028 on: March 06, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »

Video at the link

(March 5, 2015)

Although Jodi Arias didn't get receive death penalty, which in my opinion she deserved, I hope when the judge decides her sentence, he takes into account 11 of the 12 jurors were in support of her receiving the death sentence, and sentences her to life in prison without the possibility of parole

I agree Muffy  

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »

Agree Muffers

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: March 06, 2015, 05:53:26 PM »

Good....hope she gets the crap beat out of her.
Casey Anthony needs to be in a jail cell next to her...they are both murderers

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1031 on: March 06, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »

Good....hope she gets the crap beat out of her.
Casey Anthony needs to be in a jail cell next to her...they are both murderers

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1032 on: March 06, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »

BBM in blue

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-did-holdout-juror-17-have-a-connection-to-prosecutor-juan-Martinez

PHOENIX - The focus of the Jodi Arias trial is now turning to the jurors. Some have come forward to explain their positions, while others are trying to stay anonymous, like juror 17, who has become the focus of Internet chatter.

ABC15 is not releasing her name, but a little bit of investigating revealed that she may have links to the criminal justice system in Maricopa County.

Her first husband has a lengthy criminal past, according to court documents.

Court records show in 1998, before he married juror 17, he was charged with murder and drive-by shooting. In 2000, those charges were dropped. However, on the same day they were dropped, he pleaded guilty in a separate burglary case. He served a minimal sentence on that charge.

It was only uncovered that Juan Martinez was the prosecutor in both cases. Martinez was the lead prosecutor in the Jodi Arias trial.

If it is determined a juror lied on a questionnaire and it can be proven, there is a chance they could be found in contempt. There is nothing at this point indicating proof that anyone lied about anything.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: March 06, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »

^^^

Ooops...sorry, forgot the title and date of the article above. Embarassed

Jodi Arias trial: Did holdout juror #17 have a connection to Prosecutor Juan Martinez?
By: Angie Holdsworth
Posted: 6:38 PM, Mar 6, 2015
Updated: 33 mins ago
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: March 07, 2015, 07:46:46 AM »

BBM in blue

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-did-holdout-juror-17-have-a-connection-to-prosecutor-juan-Martinez

PHOENIX - The focus of the Jodi Arias trial is now turning to the jurors. Some have come forward to explain their positions, while others are trying to stay anonymous, like juror 17, who has become the focus of Internet chatter.

ABC15 is not releasing her name, but a little bit of investigating revealed that she may have links to the criminal justice system in Maricopa County.

Court records show in 1998, before he married juror 17, he was charged with murder and drive-by shooting. In 2000, those charges were dropped. However, on the same day they were dropped, he pleaded guilty in a separate burglary case. He served a minimal sentence on that charge.

It was only uncovered that Juan Martinez was the prosecutor in both cases. Martinez was the lead prosecutor in the Jodi Arias trial.

If it is determined a juror lied on a questionnaire and it can be proven, there is a chance they could be found in contempt. There is nothing at this point indicating proof that anyone lied about anything.

Very interesting.  Sort of makes me wonder if the juror had an agenda.  JMHO

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1035 on: March 07, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »

BBM in blue

Very interesting.  Sort of makes me wonder if the juror had an agenda.  JMHO

Muffy I had the same thought. If it's true how sad that the jurors agenda/ vendetta towards Juan Martinez get in the way of justice. JMHO

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1036 on: March 07, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/12-news/2015/03/06/12news-holdout-juror-ex-husband-prosecuted-juan-martinez/24532359/
Holdout juror was married to man prosecuted by Martinez
10:32 p.m. MST March 6, 2015
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office may be wondering if it should have done more to investigate the background of the lone holdout who spared Jodi Arias' life.

She's a Hispanic woman in her 30's who when being screened freely admitted her ex-husband was sent to prison.

12 News has learned Juan M. Martinez prosecuted the juror's ex-husband. The very deputy county attorney who prosecuted Jodi Arias.

It does not appear the juror did anything wrong. But had Martinez bothered to vet the information she provided, he would have realized his connection, and quite possibly objected to her service on the jury.

Court documents reveal juror number 17's ex-husband struck a deal with the state of Arizona for a crime he committed on July 16, 1998.

He was also charged in another case involving a murder that was connected to a drive by shooting that occurred on August 30, 1998.

On May 3, 2000, court records show he entered into a plea agreement for the July 16, 1998 crime. He agreed to plead guilty to attempted burglary, a Class 5 felony.

Those same documents reveal Martinez was the prosecutor assigned to the case.

The ex-husband was released from custody and ordered to live with the woman who is now known as juror 17.
<snipped>

They couldn't find a juror in AZ who was not married to a convicted felon?!

This case just throws me for a loop at every turn.

So very sad.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1037 on: March 07, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/12-news/2015/03/06/12news-holdout-juror-ex-husband-prosecuted-juan-martinez/24532359/
Holdout juror was married to man prosecuted by Martinez
10:32 p.m. MST March 6, 2015
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office may be wondering if it should have done more to investigate the background of the lone holdout who spared Jodi Arias' life.

She's a Hispanic woman in her 30's who when being screened freely admitted her ex-husband was sent to prison.

12 News has learned Juan M. Martinez prosecuted the juror's ex-husband. The very deputy county attorney who prosecuted Jodi Arias.

It does not appear the juror did anything wrong. But had Martinez bothered to vet the information she provided, he would have realized his connection, and quite possibly objected to her service on the jury.

Court documents reveal juror number 17's ex-husband struck a deal with the state of Arizona for a crime he committed on July 16, 1998.

He was also charged in another case involving a murder that was connected to a drive by shooting that occurred on August 30, 1998.

On May 3, 2000, court records show he entered into a plea agreement for the July 16, 1998 crime. He agreed to plead guilty to attempted burglary, a Class 5 felony.

Those same documents reveal Martinez was the prosecutor assigned to the case.

The ex-husband was released from custody and ordered to live with the woman who is now known as juror 17.
<snipped>

They couldn't find a juror in AZ who was not married to a convicted felon?!

This case just throws me for a loop at every turn.

So very sad.

Commenter on the above article writes:

Edie Morse ·  Top Commenter

AZ media shills, who defend indefensible defense attorneys who are unethical, like Nurmi & Willmott, and who cover-up wrongdoings by the judge, Sherry Stephens, and instead attack an honest, upright prosecutor like Juan Martinez make me laugh. If Juan Martinez had investigated all of the backgrounds for the hundreds of the potential jurors you would have bashed him for wasting taxpayer monies. You are hypocrites. Why don't you investigate into jury tampering? Maria "Smuggler" De La Rosa allegedly had a relationship with Juror #17-- it is reported that their off-spring on friends! For goodness sakes, the Foreman reported that the tainted juror refused to do her duty & deliberate, the judge did nothing. Legal analysts say she should have replaced the corrupt juror with an alternate. Why don't you report the entire story? Maybe you would, if your brother was butchered to death, and this was your trial! Pshaw!

Reply · Like

· 2 · Follow Post · 2 hours ago
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: March 07, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »

For the record, I personally have extolled the virtues and my admiration for Juan Martinez ever since this trial began.

I continue to have those feelings for him. He is a great prosecutor!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1039 on: March 07, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »

For the record, I personally have extolled the virtues and my admiration for Juan Martinez ever since this trial began.

I continue to have those feelings for him. He is a great prosecutor!

I agree Brandi he is one of the best I have seen.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.