April 18, 2024, 10:10:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $20 Billion Border Security or $20 Billion for Obamaphones?  (Read 1301 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 18, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »

EXCLUSIVE: Hidden camera catches wireless company employees passing out 'Obama phones' to people who say they'll SELL them for drugs, shoes, handbags and spending cash

The 'Lifeline' free-cell-phone scheme cost $2.2 BILLION last year alone, all of it from fees added to the phone bills of paying customers

The biggest beneficiary other than low-income consumers is billionaire Carlos Slim Helu, whose TracFone has collected $1.5 BILLION to date

One company told MailOnline it will fire a salesperson who laughed uproariously when a woman said she would sell her phone to buy shoes

Conservative firebrand James O'Keefe sent undercover actors to pose as 'Obama phone' seekers aiming to sell the goods; no one turned them down

Legislation in Congress would remove the cell phone component of the program, which launched in 1984 and covered only land lines until 2008

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2343377/I-dont-care-Hidden-camera-catches-wireless-company-employees-passing-Obama-phones-people-say-theyll-sell-drugs-shoes-handbags-spending-cash.html#ixzz2WZKtdqei

More profits for big global business, debt and taxes for Main Street.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »

I think poor people are the gift that keep giving greater and greater profits to politicians, big global business, big banks, and heaping massive debt onto the backs of the rest of us to pay for all this 'stuff'.

Years ago, if people wanted a phone, they dug into their pocket and paid for it themselves.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.