April 24, 2024, 09:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Private money pours into Syrian conflict as donors pick sides"  (Read 1160 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 18, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »

DUBAI – Syrian tanks were closing in on the rebel-held town of Qusair last month when a Kuwaiti sheik named Hajjaj al-Ajmi and his money machine roared into action. In a series of urgent messages on his Twitter account, al-Ajmi appealed for cash to help save the town’s defenders.

“I hope that we can be a means for helping them and relieving them,” the young cleric wrote to his 250,000 Twitter followers on May 25. He gave a phone number for making donations and asked readers to “kindly spread it.”

The appeal came too late for the rebels in Qusair, but the technique has proved remarkably successful for al-Ajmi and a handful of other private backers of Syria’s patchwork of rebel groups. In just over a year, al-Ajmi’s foundation has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to finance Syrian rebel groups.

read more here - http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/06/19/world/private-money-pours-into-syrian-conflict-as-donors-pick-sides/#.UcEp_vmcfkM

I read today that Obama believes American's don't understand Syria.

hmmm...the money comes as Dollars or Euros...any chance someone is following the money?  IRS?

"Let Allah sort it out" - SP

I agree!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.