April 26, 2024, 08:11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #5 6/19/13 - 7/2/13  (Read 343019 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1100 on: July 01, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »

July 1, 2013 Tweets cont

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  4m 
Serino also wondered why Zimmerman, as mentor to black kids, didn't consider talking to Trayvon that night

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  5m 
Serino questioned why it took Zimmerman so long to walk back to his car, about 80 seconds
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1101 on: July 01, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »

July 1, 2013 Tweets Cont.
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 1m
Court to recess for the evening. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 2m
Serino says he doesn't think #GeorgeZimmerman is a pathological liar, thinks he was telling the truth. #TrayvonMartin #ZimmermanTrial

Serino: #GeorgeZimmerman "thank God" reply made me think "either he was telling the truth" or a "pathological liar." #TrayvonMartin

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 3m
Serino says he bluffed #GeorgeZimmerman about #TrayvonMartin's phone capturing what happened. Serino: GZ said "thank God."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1102 on: July 01, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

July 1, 2013 Tweets cont

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1m 
Jury is out of the court. Court is now in recess until 9 a.m. Tuesday.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1m 
O'Mara: Did you think #GeorgeZimmerman was telling the truth? Serino: Yes. Questioning breaks for the day. #TrayvonMartin
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1103 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »

(opened conversation)

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
Serino says he doesn't think #GeorgeZimmerman is a pathological liar, thinks he was telling the truth. #TrayvonMartin #ZimmermanTrial

BrookLynBrookLyn ‏@BrookLyn1825 4m
@JeffWeinerOS that's not what I heard..thought he said EITHER telling the truth OR a pathological liar

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 3m
@BrookLyn1825 I tweeted that: http://bit.ly/17PxiZg  O'Mara followed up, hence the next tweet.
  Hide tweet   

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
Serino: #GeorgeZimmerman "thank God" reply made me think "either he was telling the truth" or a "pathological liar." #TrayvonMartin
1 Jul 13
 Twitter
2:59 PM - 1 Jul 13 · Details

BrookLynBrookLyn ‏@BrookLyn1825 2m
@JeffWeinerOS got it! thanks Jeff

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1104 on: July 01, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »

(opened conversation)

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 10m

BrookLynBrookLyn ‏@BrookLyn1825 9m
@JeffWeinerOS that's not what I heard..thought he said EITHER telling the truth OR a pathological liar

❤Neicey❤Neicey ‏@neicey98 5m
@BrookLyn1825 @JeffWeinerOS me either. He said either; asked if he had to remove pathological liar from the equation and responded as stated

@neicey98 @BrookLyn1825 Serino said either or, then O'Mara followed up.
 Hide conversation   
3:05 PM - 1 Jul 13 · Details

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1105 on: July 01, 2013, 06:07:26 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-cops-20130701,0,3451421.story

4 of 5 Sanford cops most involved in George Zimmerman case now in different jobs
5:37 p.m. EDT, July 1, 2013

SANFORD – Four of the five Sanford police officers most closely involved in the Trayvon Martin homicide investigation are no longer working the same job.

Chris Serino, the lead detective, transferred voluntarily to road patrol in July. It was not a demotion and he took no pay cut, according to an agency spokesman. Serino took the stand Monday.

His boss, Sgt. Randy Smith, was promoted to lieutenant two months after the shooting and retired in January.

Capt. Robert O'Connor, who oversaw this and other major crime investigations, resigned in February and now works as an investigator with the State Attorney's Office in Daytona Beach.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1106 on: July 01, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bennett-l-gershman/george-zimmerman-charges_b_3529636.html

Overcharging George Zimmerman With Murder
Posted: 07/01/2013 6:06 pm

The first week's testimony in the Zimmerman trial shows clearly that Special Prosecutor Angela Corey overcharged Zimmerman with murder in the second degree. Why do prosecutors overcharge? Is it ethical for prosecutors to bring charges that cannot reasonably be supported by the evidence?

Everybody who follows criminal cases knows that a prosecutor's charging decision is the crux of the prosecutor's function. Charging crimes involves an extraordinary use of prosecutorial power, and is virtually unreviewable by courts. Indeed, a prosecutor's discretion to bring charges probably is the most dangerous aspect of the prosecutor's function, and invites abuse.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1107 on: July 01, 2013, 06:45:43 PM »

Video at the link

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/george-zimmerman-alleged-trayvon-martin-die-tonight/story?id=19543886#.UdIE374o7IU

George Zimmerman Alleged Trayvon Martin Said, 'You Are Going to Die Tonight'

SANFORD, Fla. July 1, 2013
George Zimmerman, the Florida man accused of second degree murder for the death of Trayvon Martin, said the teen told him "you are going to die tonight" shortly before Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

Zimmerman made the statement in his first interview with police immediately after the Feb. 26, 2012 shooting.

He is now on trial for second degree murder in Martin's death. He maintains he shot the teenager in self defense.

The recorded audio interview between Zimmerman and Sanford police investigator Doris Singleton occurred after the former neighborhood watch captain agreed to waive his Miranda rights and speak without an attorney present.

"He jumped out from the bushes and said what the f**k is your problem," Zimmerman said to Singleton. "I said I don't have a problem and then he punched me in the nose."

"As soon as he punched me I fell backwards. He was whaling on my head and I started yelling help," said Zimmerman. "He grabbed my head and started hitting me into the sidewalk. I slid into the grass to get out from under him. I was still yelling out for help."

Zimmerman, 29, said he was screaming for help and felt like he couldn't breath as Martin allegedly attacked him.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1108 on: July 01, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

Zimmerman trial got 15 seconds on CBS.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1109 on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »

http://www.womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-exactly-is-george-zimmerman-guilty.html
What Exactly is George Zimmerman Guilty of?
July 1, 2013
By Pat Brown

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: July 01, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »

Am I watching the same trial as the people on with JVM? Although I agree wih them on certain points, unless you are blind........ what one thinks and feels does not count. You must examine only the evidence presented....and so far it is not there beyond a reasonable doubt..worst prosecution I have seen in a long time. I got used to quality. I wish it was different but if they do not present more convincing or concrete evidence... GZ walks 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1111 on: July 01, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »

I try to stay away from this case.  My opinion of this case hasn't changed from what it was in the beginning.  I don't think Trayvon was as innocent as he has been portrayed by some, and I don't think Zimmerman is 100% innocent either.  I don't like Florida's "stand your ground law".   That said it's my belief that it's sad that Trayvon died but I don't think a crime was committed by Zimmerman given the "stand your ground" law.  I do believe that Zimmerman was a cop wannabe and may have been over zealous.  Trayvon may have been a bit "cocky" and probably confronted Zimmerman.  The whole thing is sad but I don't think a crime.  I think Zimmerman will likely walk. 

My belief is this trial is a waste of the states money. 

JMOO
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1112 on: July 01, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »

Besides NBC who else can Z sue to start his new life?
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1113 on: July 01, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »

I try to stay away from this case.  My opinion of this case hasn't changed from what it was in the beginning.  I don't think Trayvon was as innocent as he has been portrayed by some, and I don't think Zimmerman is 100% innocent either.  I don't like Florida's "stand your ground law".   That said it's my belief that it's sad that Trayvon died but I don't think a crime was committed by Zimmerman given the "stand your ground" law.  I do believe that Zimmerman was a cop wannabe and may have been over zealous.  Trayvon may have been a bit "cocky" and probably confronted Zimmerman.  The whole thing is sad but I don't think a crime.  I think Zimmerman will likely walk. 

JMOO

100% agree...with an addition of the belief that it was the "perfect opportunity" for certain people to bring in the race card.  Sad that it became such a circus.  It never should have went this far.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »

July 1, 2013 Tweets

FL Courts 18 ‏@PIOFLCourts18 3h
State vs Zimmerman
51 people waited in line at the Elections Office today to enter the public seat drawing for Tuesday
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: July 02, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-trial-day-6-analysis-video-serino-testimony-challenges-very-foundation-of-states-charge/

Zimmerman Trial Day 6 – Analysis & Video – State’s witness Chris Serino seriously undermines charge
Posted by Andrew Branca    Monday, July 1, 2013 at 7:13pm
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1116 on: July 02, 2013, 06:40:03 AM »

if the state continues on like this, it is judge nelson's duty to issue a directed verdict of not guilty after the prosecution is done presenting their case.  if she doesn't, and the jury somehow convicts, this is an appelate issue.  there is nothing but reasonable doubt everywhere and not enough evidence from the state that hasn't been absolutely obliterated by the defense yet for this to go to the jury.  During the "confrontation interview" george was informed they had everything on video from Trayvon's phone and his response was "thank god!"  what does that tell you right there?

but again, this is all political for the state of florida, so there's no way this judge will issue a directed verdict and will leave it up to the jury to be the ones to take all the backlash when he is aquitted.  if he is found guilty of anything, the conviction won't stand through the appeals process, imo.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1117 on: July 02, 2013, 06:53:14 AM »

also wanted to add that imo, the defense attorneys are coming off as much more likeable than the prosecutors.  this likeablitiy factor has also been known in subconciously influence juries.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1118 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »

JMOO

Klaas DITTO!!! I could not agree with you more.

It is a sad situation for all involved and a waste of money. There is a reason why this case was not originally prosecuted and Zimmerman arrested and charged with a crime. The prosecution was forced into this because of the fear of being called racists. This is what happens when you allow mob rule. Not only was Zimmerman first not charged, he was then over-charged.

What I hate most of this case is those that make a living off of keeping races at each other's throats win.

I do feel terrible for Trayvon's parents, no parent should have to bury their child. But the painting of both Martin and Zimmerman as being angles is ridiculous. Two combustible  individuals came across one another and in today's society, instead of cooler head's prevailing on both sides, there was an altercation and some one died. It very easily could have been GZ who was shot and TM could be on trial.

I can only hope that the jury goes by the evidence and not any notions of riots that may occur if they come back with a "not guilty".
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: July 02, 2013, 09:00:58 AM »

July 2, 2013 Tweets

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  31s 
Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda is now making arguments about a previous motion to limit discussions about certain topics

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  2m 
Court is back in session. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.