April 22, 2024, 11:58:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama, friend of peace? Working folks?  (Read 1216 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 22, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »

"Unquestionable adoration of Obama is ludicrous"

Highlights, imo, of Obama visit to Ireland -

"I criticised the sycophantic behaviour of members of the Irish Government during the visit because quite frankly, I like many others, felt that it was an embarrassing display. It was almost reminiscent of the old days of subservient tugging of the forelock as your feudal overlord pays you a visit...."

"...The recent decision by Obama to supply arms to the Syrian opposition will fuel the destabilisation of the region and will result in the loss of life of thousands of people.

It is somewhat ironic that the UN report on refugees was published on the same day. The report revealed a 20-year high in the number of refugees globally. Every four seconds a person is displaced. This takes place in the main hotspots where US imperialism has intervened either directly or in directly."

Obama growing poverty world wide?  Increasing homelessness?  Growing refugee population?

"The Taoiseach and sections of the media may want to continue to pull the wool over people’s eyes when it comes to the Obamas, but in reality, Obama is no friend of peace or the Irish people. When Ireland, in talks with the troika in 2010, attempted to repudiate some of the illegitimate banking debt, it was Obama who instructed Timothy Geithner to derail any deal to burn the bondholders and insisted they should be repaid in full. That intervention, by the United States, meant that the entire cost of the bank bailout was loaded on to the Irish people. Thank you Mr President. "  Emphasis added.

Seems like 'saving our banking system' was a world wide case of 'screwing the little people'.  The little people don't seem to get any benefit, bonus, profits...they just get massive debts foisted onto their backs, generational debt.  Who are these bondholders?

read more here - http://www.irishexaminer.com/analysis/unquestionable-adoration-of-obama-is-ludicrous-234764.html

Seems like the biggest companies are all for Amnesty II.  I believe Amnesty II will cause continued Depression, the biggest and longest lasting DEPRESSION the US has ever known.  How can there be a recovery without job creation?  How can there be a recovery with doubling of our TRILLIONS in debt seemingly every four years or so?

What is wrong with this picture?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »

You don’t have to go all in with Clare Daly’s “slobbering” judgment to observe that it was an enormous fuss for three people on a pretend holiday.

And the Obamas’ presence in the capital was so heavy-handed and demanding that if it had been the family of any other world leader – or, let’s say, Laura Bush and her two girls – they would have been accused of representing gross arrogance.

“We are just like you,” Michelle Obama told the young audience at Riverdance. The sentiment was sincere, encouraging and spoken with the sunshine warmth that makes the first lady so winning, yet it was delivered in the middle of a trip that confirmed the vast distance between her family and the Gaiety’s audience.

I don't know many that take a $100 million dollar vacation.  I wonder how the costs compare to vacations by the Bush family?

read more here - http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/the-obamas-holiday-checklist-cameras-midge-cream-media-overkill-1.1438450

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.