March 28, 2024, 05:47:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO #2 (Body Found)  (Read 490747 times)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »

So... He went fishing all by himself, rather than trying to get over to his buddies home?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »

Look at where they were searching for Dylan.

Remember the comment he made at Dr. Phil about being pushed off a cliff.

Cliffs within five feet in places along the Middle Mountain dirt road.

Some searchers had to "rope in" to where the remains were found.

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130626/NEWS01/130629602/0/FRONTPAGE/Searchers-spend-5-days-seeking-Redwine-clues&template=printpicart

“The reason for the five-day search was the type of terrain,” Bender said in a phone interview. “It’s heavily timbered, with lots of underbrush and falloffs to drainage. The search area varies from hundreds of feet off the road to five feet off the road you have cliffs.”

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-happened-to-dylan-redwine.html

From the comments:

Jen said...

Poor Mark, he just can't catch a break because of EVERYONE ELSE'S actions...actually he's a pathetic liar and a murderer.

So the first day he can't take the polygraph because he's been 'wisked off' and his blood is boiling because Elaine and Cory upset him, he can't believe Dr Phil let Cory disrespect him, his blood pressure is up, he needs time to process everything that just happened and he 'would feel more comfortable taking the test tomorrow'.

So they re-schedule for 8am the next morning and the REAL Mark shows up. He is disheveled, sloppy, red-eyed and mumbling excuses about being 'not ready to take it, but WE'RE gonna take take it, WE'RE gonna do what WE gotta do'..then he walks in to speak with the polygrapher who asks him repeatedly if he's going to take the test as he grumbles about how he 'feels like he's being pushed off a cliff'. Finally when the polygrapher pushes for a direct answer he says he 'didn't come here to waste anyone's time' (passivity and doesn't not directly consent to the test).

Mark then does not take the test claiming he is not 'well enough', and he had a half bottle of Jim Beam the night before (but he was concerned about Elaine's drinking, right). The polygrapher is interviewed by Dr Phil who states Mark was agitated, evasive and that he became fatigued while dealing with Mark because when he asked Mark direct questions, he would answer to something else unrelated (we've all seen him pull that trick plenty in his interviews) and he made multiple excuses for why he wasn't going to take the test, before disqualifying himself by claiming he's 'not well'.

February 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Consider the source on this one.  Teresa is a friend of one of Mark's step-sister's who has been Mark's friend as well for about five years.  Most of her statements are based on what Mark or others have told her.  From my understanding she lives in West Virginia iirc.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/06/28/george-zimmerman-trial-daily-update

At about 13:40

Last night Tricia asked Teresa (Mark's dear friend) a question from the chat room that said someone had heard that Dylan was thrown over a cliff where he was found.  Tricia asked Teresa if she'd heard that.  Teresa said no because to be honest after she'd gotten the call today she turned her computer off (her phone was blowing up) and just turned it back on about an hour ago.  She said that she does know that where they did find the very small amount of remains of Dylan was on the side of a mountain, from her understanding that sits up higher than Mark's house and if you drive it was 10 miles but the news reports online she's seen you could walk it in about 10 minutes and look out Mark's front door and actually almost see it.  Tricia says "really".  Tricia asks when she says he was found on the side of the mountain could it logically say that he could have been thrown off a cliff.  Teresa says you can't rule anything out until the facts are in.  Tricia says true, but the reason she asked is because a lot of people are talking about the Dr. Phil show. 

I stopped there but I remember later when they were discussing the wildlife in the area Teresa mentions the femurs and clavicle and also describes a phalange (finger) bone of Dylan's that was found in coyote fecal matter.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »

So... He went fishing all by himself, rather than trying to get over to his buddies home?

Yes, that's what Mark wants us to believe or wanted the searchers for Dylan to believe anyway.  (Going from memory here)  Elaine said Dylan had fished but wasn't a big fisherman...and she didn't think it was something he would do alone because he didn't even bait his own hook.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 08:45:45 PM »

Brought over from the last thread:

Mark Redwine said he left the house about 7:30 a.m. Nov. 19 to run errands, and that was the last time he saw his son. He returned about 11:30 a.m. to find Dylan gone. In an interview with The Denver Post, Mark Redwine said he returned to find a dirty cereal bowl near the sink, the television was on Nickelodeon, and his son’s fishing pole was missing.
http://durangoherald.com/article/201...l-no-new-leads

WHAT IF............
 Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them at 6:30 a.m. Monday.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.0

The boys said Dylan wasn’t shy about hitching rides.

“Honestly, I think he was walking into Bayfield and got taken away,” he said.

Wesley agreed.

“I don’t think he’s one to run away,” he said.

HOMES in the area that were rentals
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/colorado/southwest/vallecito-lake

The weather shows no snow, I remember Mark Redwine (I think it was on Dr. Phil show, but not sure] made some disparaging comment to Elaine about sending Dyland without a coat. But it seems that the weather could have been cold, but not that
cold that he could have taken off without a coat. He did not have one when he arrived at the airport if I recall.

Two things do not make sense to me, Mark Redwine had all night to dispose of the body if he kolled Dylan, why not take it further away rather then right across the street. And the father said Dylans fishing pole was missing. If he took Dylan's body across the street into the woods, wouldn't he have taken the fishing pole since he mentions it missing, to make it look like Dylan was going to go fishing and then something bad happened if he planned this? I am in no way supporting the father, I think his behavior has been reprehensible, but just asking questions. Something isn't adding up, for me.

There is a video interview with Dylan's friends. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2x3YBUhjOM

at about 7:20

Dylan is known to have hitch hiked one time with a group of friends when he lived in town in Bayfield.  They were at the library and it started snowing and they were walking home  when this happened.  In over seven months I've seen no report of Dylan ever hitch hiking alone. IMO, Mark twisted this story to suit him. 

The hitch hiking theory also came after the theory Mark put out (bff's daughter posted it on FB)  that Dylan may have been upset and ran away because he'd found his divorce papers scattered around on the table when he got home from his errands.  Later he told the media that Dylan didn't have any reason to run away.  How much LE time was wasted on that one?  Everyone that knew Dylan other than Mark insisted Dylan would not have ran away. 

IIRC, the cereal bowl story came later too.  Dylan's mother had to provide items with Dylan's scent and dna items.

Dylan did not answer a text from the friend that he had planned to be at their house at 6:30am.  They texted Dylan at 6:46am to say where are you, he never answered.  Why?  Why would he start walking the almost 20 miles to Bayfield when there were many people he could have called for a ride.  If he'd overslept wouldn't he have responded to the text his friend sent or called to say hey I overslept...I'm still coming!  A 13 year old sat down watched TV and ate cereal without checking his cellphone?  That's hard for me to believe.  Even if his cellphone was charging he had an Ipod Touch to text from, a computer, and a landline. 

The press release's say was no communication from Dylan to anyone after 9:30pm the night he arrived at Mark Redwine's house. 

IIRC from Mark Redwine's timeline of events that night, Dylan would have only been there a little over an hour.

My opinion in blue

Two things do not make sense to me, Mark Redwine had all night to dispose of the body if he kolled Dylan, why not take it further away rather then right across the street.

CONTROL - He knew right where Dylan was when others spent seven months looking for him.  He could watch out his door and know if anyone was searching in that area.  It was reported that he even had someone follow the K-9 team that was searching around Vallecito lake while the family members were in Los Angeles filming Dr. Phil so he could keep tabs on where they were searching.   

And the father said Dylans fishing pole was missing. If he took Dylan's body across the street into the woods, wouldn't he have taken the fishing pole since he mentions it missing, to make it
look like Dylan was going to go fishing and then something bad happened if he planned this?

RED HERRING TO CONTROL THE SEARCH AREA & DELAY DETECTION OF BODY - Decomposition and animal activity would protect the murderer by hindering cause of death findings.  Vallecito Lake is huge, search would take some time...first snow came within two weeks iirc of Dylan's disappearance (around the first of Dec).  Most searches ceased when the snows came.  There have been two stories about the fishing pole found at the lake.  Press release says it wasn't related to Dylan, owner came forward.  The other is that Cory positively identified it as Dylan's.  I believe it was Dylan's and was planted to throw the investigation off.  Further, it has been stated that the remains were found in a drainage crevice.  Is this why cadaver dogs were picking up scent in different areas of the lake?  Mark never attended a single search of the lake.  He sat at his house five miles away.  To my knowledge this search on Middle Mountain was the only search that he abruptly left town before.

Thank you Texasmom for your thoughts.
You have fought hard to find this child, I know you are devastated.
I felt that someone else was involved and now it looks like the father did it.

You're welcome Kermit.  But please don't let me change your mind if you think there are other possibilities.  My opinion is mine alone from the information I have, and I could be wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time. 

Dylan did steal my heart.  As many times as I've said I'm not going to let that happen again...it still does.  Some cases I purposely stay away from, but Dylan's eyes stole my heart the minute I looked into them.  Elaine's pleas for her baby made me want to help her in any way I could.  I couldn't stay away.  So yes, the tears are still flowing pretty regular here.  I wanted so badly for him to just be hidden and rescued to a happy ending with the family and new home and environment he'd only been able to enjoy for such a short time.  Elaine, Dylan, and Cory's lives had changed for the better imo and I think Mike Hall had been and would have continued to be a great step-dad to Dylan.  I know he did everything in his power to find Dylan and bring him home.  And it makes me really sad that they have all been robbed in this way, and will be forever changed from this loss.  I've felt for a while that Dylan probably wouldn't have that happy ending but wouldn't let myself completely give up hope.  That sliver was bigger than I thought I guess.  I wanted to be wrong, for Dylan.

I didn't get a chance to respond to your post about the hoax reports of Dylan being found.  I'd been reading posts here and there on FB for a few days before the announcement was made (the first on Friday or Saturday iirc) of rumors that Dylan had been found.  In each one people would respond and say it wasn't so because of all the media reports that nothing had been found...or simply because they hadn't heard anything about it.  Small towns, people talk.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »

Guess maybe somebody pointed out that he hadn't mentioned this yesterday? 

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/06/28/dylan-redwines-father-i-want-to-know-what-happened-to-my-son/

Dylan Redwine’s Father: ‘I Want To Know What Happened To My Son’
June 28, 2013 4:36 PM

DURANGO, Colo. (CBS4)- Now that the remains of Dylan Redwine have been found the question remains: how did he get there? Dylan’s father told CBS4 that his ex-wife has called him a killer.

“I was standing outside and her vehicle passed by and turned around in the driveway in front of my house and as she was passing by she muttered out the window, ‘Murderer,’” said Mark Redwine.

In 2005 Dylan’s mother, Elaine, requested a temporary restraining order against Mark, claiming he posed a “credible threat” that an imminent danger existed for the life and health of Dylan and Cory.

The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday afternoon that human remains found have been identified as Dylan’s.

Mark said others have accused him of playing a role in Dylan’s disappearance.

“Obviously I love Dylan very much and he’s a very important aspect of my life and always has been. I would never do anything to hurt him,” said Mark.

Dan Bender with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said the subdivision where Dylan was staying with his father is visible from Middle Mountain across the valley.

“We’re pursuing this as a criminal investigation and not an accident,” said Bender.

Dylan’s older brother Cory believes his own father may have the much-needed answers to the mystery.

“I believe that Mark is, Mark is holding the key,” said Cory. “We strongly believe that the last person to see Dylan knows the truth.”

Mark said he wants to see where his son’s remains were found and honor him with respect.

“I want to see, I want to know what happened to my son,” said Mark.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »

It has really stood out to me that Mark almost always speaks of Dylan in the present tense now that it's been confirmed that he's gone.  Guess those statement analysis lessons really stuck with him.

I doubt he's going to find many who are going to feel bad for him because Elaine called him a murderer. 

It's always been about HIM.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Search-Crews-Collect-Items-While-Looking-For-Dylan-Redwine-213255531.html

Search For Dylan Redwine Ends In Sorrow

By: KKTV Email
Updated: Fri 5:41 AM, Jun 28, 2013

From June 22-26, 45 law enforcement and search and rescue personnel combed through Middle Mountain Road, looking for any clues previously hidden by snow that could lead to Dylan Redwine's whereabouts

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation confirmed that bones found during the five-day search were Dylan's remains.

Dylan went missing just before Thanksgiving while on a court-ordered visit to see his father, who lives outside Durango near Vallecito Lake. According to his father, Mark Redwine, Dylan was still home the morning of November 19, when Mark went to run some errands. He was gone when Mark returned four hours later.

Dylan's mother, who now resides in Monument, reported him missing later that day.

Hundreds of people assisted with search efforts in the weeks following Dylan's disappearance, but no leads were found. Winter arrived soon after, hindering efforts until the snowfall melted. Authorities say the five day search this past week was not based on any new tips or new information, but simply a follow up search in the area now that the snow had melted.

Investigators say the place where Dylan's remains were found was not a place he would have gone on his own.

"Dylan had a very set routine. He was a very communicative fellow on the Internet and Twitter with his friends. And he had very specific definite plans with his friends and he never showed up for that...it's totally unlike Dylan."

At this time, no suspects have been named in Dylan's murder. The family says their top priority now is seeking justice for Dylan and peace for their family.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pinerivertimes/posts/545725612140602

Pine River Times

Here is a statement from Dylan's family released this afternoon:

Dylan’s mother, Elaine, Mike and his brother Cory, as well as other members of Dylan’s family have been without Dylan for seven months now. Each of those days held a glimmer of hope that they would see Dylan again. Yesterday, that hope vanished with the confirmation that our sweet, innocent Dylan had passed. The news was a crushing blow to the entire family as well as to so many of Dylan’s supporters and friends, locally and around the world. The family would like to thank everyone who has assisted the search process by donating their time, energy or money as well as those who continued spreading Dylan’s picture around the world. We would also like to thank law enforcement for your continued efforts and thorough searches and thank all the business owners who so willingly hung Dylan’s posters in their windows in an effort to bring him home. While we have found him, we still do not know what happened to him and are determined to find out. While we continue to honor our sweet boy Dylan, our next mission is to get Justice for Dylan. We hope that everyone who has helped spread Dylan’s face will now help us work to uncover the details of his disappearance and death. If anyone out there has any information that could help us bring justice, please contact the La Plata Sheriff’s department. Children are the light in this world and we need to do what we can to keep other families and communities from tragedies such as this.

Other than the candlelight vigil planned in Bayfield on Saturday night, there are no other services planned at this time. Once those plans are made, the information will be shared on finddylan.com website. Thank you and God Bless.

4 hours ago ·

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »

This is kinda weird...eerryyy imo.  I knew about the text messages, but didn't even think about a connection.  Elaine, Mike, and several others were camping and searching at Lake Vallecito during the Memorial Day weekend, that's when Mark sent the text below. 

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/119770868193543

Rodney Brittain posted on Calling Mark Redwine
52 minutes ago ·

Quote by Mark Redwine in the Denver Post

"Ninety-eight percent of Dylan is scattered about the countryside," said Redwine, his voice trembling in an interview Thursday night.

Wasn't it not to long ago that Mark texted Elaine something to do with "98 dots connected?" or something along those lines.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=118247518345878&set=a.106684966168800.225.106616159509014&type=1

Calling Mark Redwine
Here we are at the end of another week. Let's reflect back, we know that Mark and Elaine had Mediation on Wednesday, it seems that Mark just wants to "work it out". At least that's what FDF is touting, they've posted the song lyrics to "We can work it Out" by the Beetles.

But.... is that what song Markie is really sending to Elaine?

Or is this the REAL song he's sending?

MR-one week ago to Elaine Hatfield via Text message~

"98%, Dots are together.....as many time you burned me you thought I was ashes.....WRONG........you introduced me to Papa Roach .... soooooo BURN!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you have money to raise for your Colon Cancer riddled BFF"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1P4tUtNrI8

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20130627/NEWS01/130629559/%E2%80%98Hope-and-faith%E2%80%99-gone-for-friends-family-

‘Hope and faith’ gone for friends, family

By Emery Cowan Herald staff writer Article Last Updated: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:51pm

Deep sadness and a sense of closure washed over the Pine River Valley on Thursday with confirmation that searchers had found remains of the body of Dylan Redwine in the mountains above Vallecito Reservoir.

“The whole seven months we have kept up hope for Dylan. This is closure,” said Anne Cooke, a Bayfield resident who has helped organize social-media updates and community events related to Redwine’s disappearance.

Talking about the news moved many to tears.

“We always just chose hope and faith,” said Ramona Nava, the mother of one of Redwine’s closest friends in Bayfield, Ryan Nava. “I don’t know if it was a coping mechanism or if it was true hope and faith. More than anything, that’s gone for Ryan.”

When he heard the news, her son dropped to his knees and cried, Nava said.

“It’s been hard,” 14-year-old Ryan Nava said. But the news brought a much-needed sense of closure.

“Everyone’s mind had wandered; it’s been seven months,” he said.

Ryan Nava said the news immediately caused Redwine’s close-knit group of friends to seek solace in each other.

“We all just wanted to be together just like it was in the beginning (when Redwine disappeared). Now it’s just one less (person) to hang out with,” Nava said.

Meanwhile, members of Redwine’s extended family are at a loss for what to say, said Kaitlynn Boldt, Dylan’s cousin who lives in the Colorado Springs area.

“Just a lot of pain. We can’t even explain what we’re going through,” Boldt said.

Community members who have poured hundreds of hours into search efforts, fundraising and community events related to Redwine’s disappearance said their goal now is to seek justice in the case.

“Dylan’s warriors are still in effect and will continue until justice is served and the person who has done this to him is sentenced,” said Lisa Bourque, a Vallecito resident who has helped maintain the Find Missing Dylan Redwine page on Facebook.

Since news broke that Redwine’s remains were found, more than 2,000 people from across the country and overseas have flooded the Facebook page to express their condolences.

ecowan@durangoherald.com. Herald Staff Writer Jordyn Dahl contributed to this report.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »

Thanks for the clean cage Klaas!   

Hoping to see some Justice for Dylan before this thread is complete!   

I have a feeling that will be the case.  I don't expect this to go 50 pages before an arrest.  I think/hope that will come soon.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryZTBmDKqho

Dylan Redwine's Friend Speaks

koattv

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/southwestern-colorado/dylan-redwine-homicide-investigation-deputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says

Redwine disappeared in November

Posted: 06/28/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours ago

DURANGO, Colo. - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office confirms to 7NEWS that they are looking for a killer in the death of missing teenager Dylan Redwine.

"This is an active homicide investigation," La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," Bender said.

Bender also said death by wild animals has also been ruled out.

Bender said officials have not identified anyone as a suspect. When asked if family members had been ruled out, Bender reiterated, "We have not labeled anyone as a suspect."

Dylan's remains were found during a five-day search this week of Middle Mountain Road, less than 10 miles from his father's home, where he reportedly disappeared. The bones were found in a drainage area, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/events/196653490494499/

Candle LIght Vigil to Remember Dylan
Public · By Find Missing Dylan Redwine

Saturday, June 29, 2013
8:30pm in MDT

Bayfield Colorado

Please join us as we take time to remember, acknowledge and mourn a beautiful child that has been stolen from the embrace of this community and family.

The vigil will take place either in Eagle Park on Bayfield Parkway. Bring candles or preferably flashlights if you have them. Many thanks.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-case-scientific-testing-key-to-identifying-human-remains

Dylan Redwine case: Scientific testing key to identifying human remains

Posted: 06/29/2013
Last Updated: 10 hours ago

Marc Stewart  | Email Me

DENVER - When a human remains are discovered in suspicious circumstances, like the Dylan Redwine case, scientific methods and testing are often critical in identifying the body parts.

As a forensic anthropologist, Dr. Catherine Gaither studies bones to help determine someone's identity and how they died.

"I'm going to look for any evidence of trauma that may have been on the bones," said the Metropolitan State University of Denver professor.

Redwine disappeared during a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit with his father. A portion of his remains were found during a five-day search this week of Middle Mountain Road, less than 10 miles from his father's home.

"If somebody was shot, you can see marks on the bones from the projectile passing through the bone. You could see if someone was beaten, blunt force trauma, we can see that on the bones," she said.

Gaither stresses, her conclusions are based strictly from science - because in court, there's no room for "What if?"

"I'm often also doing statistical quantitative analysis in order to make sure I'm correct in what I'm saying, so it's science all the way," she said.

The Redwine case is being treated as a homicide investigation, meaning the sheriff's office is looking for a killer.

"This is an active homicide investigation," La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," Bender said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »

Interview with Katt.   Crying or Very sad

http://youtu.be/jYgTVVX_WVo

Redwine family supporters to hold vigil

Published on Jun 28, 2013
Friends, family will gather to honor Dylan Redwine

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »

http://cgl.publ.com/PRT-June-28-2013-opt

Pine River Times

June 28, 2013

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/southwestern-colorado/dylan-redwine-homicide-investigation-deputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says
Redwine disappeared in November

Posted: 06/28/2013
Last Updated: 12 hours ago

DURANGO, Colo. - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office confirms to 7NEWS that they are looking for a killer in the death of missing teenager Dylan Redwine.

Bender also said death by wild animals has also been ruled out.

Bender said officials have not identified anyone as a suspect. When asked if family members had been ruled out, Bender reiterated, "We have not labeled anyone as a suspect."

"It's extremely difficult," Dylan's father Mark Redwine told 7NEWS by phone. "Based on the conversation I had with law enforcement yesterday, they've only found two percent - or approximately two percent - of his remains. That means there's 98 percent of my son still strewn about the countryside."

Bender said within 72 hours of Dylan's disappearance, investigators were treating the case as a possible criminal investigation.

"We’ve been pursing it almost from the beginning as either a kidnapping or homicide. We've been pursing that since late November. With the discovery of this body, it’s primarily a homicide investigation," Bender told 7NEWS.

Investigators have not disclosed what led them to that conclusion.

Middle Mountain is located north of and within sight of Vallecito Lake. The search area ranged from 8,000 to 11,000 feet in altitude and consisted of deep canyons and dense forest.

"I want to talk to them about going to the location so I can be close to my son, but I don't know the specific locations where the remains were found," Mark Redwine said, after explaining that his home faces Middle Mountain.

When asked what he thinks happened to his son, Redwine said, “Everyone has a theory, but theories aren’t really important right now.  We need answers. We need to know what happened and who’s responsible for this.”

Redwine told 7NEWS that he always suspected his former wife “had some involvement with this,” but he couldn’t prove it.

“Obviously, she hasn’t been shy about pointing her fingers at me,” he said.

When asked if he thinks investigators will be able to find the person responsible, Redwine replied, “I certainly hope so. I know that my son, Cory, my former wife and I all want to know that.”

Redwine said that his son was very much a peace keeper.

“He didn’t like the turmoil that was going on between his mom and me,” Redwine said. I think he struggled with that.  He tried the best he could to love both of his parents equally. That’s what I remember most about him.”

Redwine said he tried to reach out to his former wife, but that it didn’t go well.

“This morning, I messaged her asking her to keep in mind that Dylan deserves a proper memorial and at some point we have to discuss and come to an agreement about where he’s going to be laid to rest.”

Dylan’s mom, Elaine, sent a brief statement to 7NEWS via email.  She said Dylan’s death was a crushing blow to the entire family.

“While we have found him, we still don’t know what happened to him and are determined to find out,” her statement said. “While we continue to honor our sweet boy, Dylan, our next mission is to get justice for Dylan.”

A candlelight memorial to honor Dylan will be held Saturday night in Bayfield.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »

I think it will probably be a while before Dylan's remains are released for burial.

https://www.facebook.com/pinerivertimes/posts/545725612140602

From the families statement:

Other than the candlelight vigil planned in Bayfield on Saturday night, there are no other services planned at this time.

Mark needs to leave Elaine alone and let her grieve.  His insistence on contacting her and advertising it in the media is infuriating!

I hope and pray that the person I believe is responsible for Dylan's death is arrested before Elaine has to make any final arrangements for Dylan.

Praying for strength for her to get through this.

JMO

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »

texasmom ...You are da bomb!!  (You too Muffy    lol)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.