April 20, 2024, 12:00:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO #2 (Body Found)  (Read 494444 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »

http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx

Justice for Dylan!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »

http://youtu.be/CsOjaB3OoGk

Interview with Dylan Redwine's Dad

koattv

Published on Jun 27, 2013

Authorities say the Dylan Redwine case is now a homicide investigation after his remains were found today. Action Seven news reporter Melissa Colorado spoke to Dylan Redwine's father.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsOjaB3OoGk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CsOjaB3OoGk</a>

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2013, 03:53:59 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/posts/669346779761383

Lisa Bourque

There are a few things that are certain about Dylan Redwine that no one can take away. He was a funny boy who liked to play practical jokes, he was a bright kid with a great vocabulary, he was excited about his video/Xbox games and loved to play in the river. He had an amazing arm and could throw a perfect spiral football and make a long throw from centerfield to get a player out in baseball and liked to be in the "pickle" because he was fast and could get out of it. He was quick and had great balance. He was excellent in basketball and had globetrotter moves that were envied. He loved the Boston Red Sox and learned a lot about them when Fever Pitch, the movie, came out. He picked teams initially because he loved the colors. He always wanted to bet his brother against a college football game or a professional match up he was excited about, it would typically end up with one of them doing the others chores if they lost. He loved blue with black. He didn't like to have his picture taken. He could roll his tongue and do silly things to make everyone laugh. He loved his dogs and was incredibly patient with them. He loved his Mutti and he loved Mike and Krystal and his family. He loved his brother Cory so much and texted him often to hang out after school and work. He had a high pitch giggle that was infectious. He enjoyed gardening each season with his Mutti. His friends were so special to him and he loved his Oma. He was giving and kind and thoughtful. He didn't like to hear bad things said of those he loved and if he did, he would defend them. He had a wonderful future ahead of him and was excited about it. He was happy to be in Colorado Springs. These are things about Dylan that make him a person and not a case. Dylan is not here in physical form, but a soul with such love and joy and energy that cannot be taken away by anyone, ever. He is love and light. He is joy and hope for the new ones coming in. He is forever in the lives and hearts of those who love him and for that, there is no time or calendar with ending. Dylan is....forever. xoxo

about an hour ago

Lia Paredes Howard That really is Dylan! Everyone in our family loved Dylan, he always made us smile. For so many years, he collected football jerseys and Elaine kept a list so he didn't get duplicates. He loved to play card games at family gatherings, especially Shanghai Rummy and Knack (a german game played with special cards). Lisa, thank you so much for all this, he was one of a kind and we miss him terribly.
2 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/posts/669924843036910

Karin Hatfield Beautiful! He also Loved bingo! The last time he went with me he won around $75. he counted how many people that he loved would be with him for Christmas that year (turned out to be his last Christmas on earth), including his oma, and aunts, and split up the money between us! He gave us a card with $7.00 each! How can anybody hurt since a caring unselfish child?
6 hours ago

This is what I meant when I said to keep the focus on Dylan.  What beautiful heartfelt notes, letting us in on what a wonderful child he is.  So many times we forget the victim, his spirit is still alive.  I didn't want him to be forgotten.  What great stories to hear about a lovely child. I have to echo Karin, How can anybody hurt since (such?) a caring unselfish child?  I don't know, Karin, I don't know.  Not in my worst mood, not in my deepest anger, there is nothing that would make me hurt any child.  I cannot fathom what is in the head of a person who would hurt a child.  Dylan was a wonderful boy and continues to be a caring spirit.  We are encouraged to talk to him, his Mom said he would like that.  What a lovely thought.  Dylan is still with us in spirit.  I am trusting the investigators to get the job done.  I think they know what happened, they are waiting for something.  What?  I don't know.  Who could harm this child, who was not only beautiful outside, but beautiful inside?  Why?  Dylan, comfort your family, they need you right now.  Help the investigators find what they need.  We will not forget you.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2013, 05:08:25 AM »

texasmom, this is so heartbreaking.
They will probably never really know why.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2013, 06:21:05 AM »

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/june/child-abductions-when-custody-issues-lead-to-violence

Child Abductions
When Custody Issues Lead to Violence

06/06/13

An analysis of recent FBI child abduction investigations has revealed a disturbing trend: Non-custodial parents are increasingly abducting and threatening to harm their own kids to retaliate against parents who were granted legal custody of the children.

“Unfortunately, the threat of violence—and death—in these cases is all too real,” said Ashli-Jade Douglas, an FBI analyst in our Violent Crimes Against Children Intelligence Unit who specializes in child abduction matters. “ Most non-custodial parental abductors want retaliation. They feel that if they can’t have the child full time—or any amount of time—then the other parent shouldn’t have the child, either.”

An analysis of all FBI child abduction cases where a motivation was known shows that custodial-motivated abductions—in which a son or daughter is taken against the will of the child and the custodial parent—have increased from 9 percent in fiscal year 2010 to 50 percent in fiscal year 2012. Sometimes the motivation is to convince the custodial parent to stay in a relationship; more often it is to harm the child in an act of retaliation. This trend appears to be on the rise, Douglas said. At least 25 instances of such abductions have been reported to the FBI since October.

“Our analysis indicates that children age 3 years and younger of unwed or divorced parents are most at risk of being abducted by their non-custodial parent,” Douglas added. “And the timely reporting of the abduction by the custodial parent to law enforcement is crucial in increasing the likelihood of recovering the child unharmed and apprehending the offender.” (See sidebar.)

Quick Reporting Key to Child Safety

There is a common misconception that domestic custodial child abductions are considered a family matter that should not be investigated by law enforcement. In fact, when such abductions are reported to law enforcement, the child should be considered to be in danger—especially in cases when the non-custodial parents have previously threatened to abduct or harm their children, are mentally disabled, or are unemployed or otherwise financially unstable.

“The timely reporting of the abduction by the custodial parent to law enforcement is critical,” said Ashli-Jade Douglas, an analyst in our Violent Crimes Against Children Intelligence Unit. “That greatly increases the chances of recovering the child unharmed.”

Some recent cases include:

In 2009, a non-custodial mother abducted her 8-month-old son from his custodial father in Texas. She told the father she killed the boy to prevent the father from employing his custodial rights and in retaliation for his alleged involvement with other women.

In 2012, a non-custodial father in Utah abducted and killed his 7- and 5-year-old sons and then committed suicide. He was angry over not being afforded sole custody of the children.

“In contrast to international parental abductions, our analysis indicates that domestic custodial abductions are more likely to have violent outcomes for children,” Douglas explained, adding that a number of factors contribute to this trend. About 46 percent of American children are born to unwed parents, and 40 to 50 percent of marriages end in divorce. That usually leaves one parent with custody of the child.

“The other big takeaway from our analysis,” she added, “is that law enforcement must act quickly in non-custodial abductions to keep children from being harmed. It’s mind-boggling to think that a parent would hurt their child to retaliate against the other parent,” Douglas said, “but in that moment, they make themselves believe that it’s okay.”

So then, what can we learn here, when there is an older child?  Dylan was uncomfortable going to see his father and he had a cell phone.  Should we tell them in that situation to call home every 4 hours?  What can we do to know when help may be needed if the only hope is to act quickly?  What can we learn from Dylan's death that will help other children?  This is apparently an epidemic.  Dylan cannot die in vain, there has to be a lesson here for other custodial parents to learn from.  What can we have our children do when they are with the non-custodial parent, because of a judge-ordered visitation, to keep them safe?

Please, don't misunderstand, I am not saying his Mom did anything wrong.  I am asking how can the custodial parent keep the child safe when their child is with the non-custodial parent and the child is out of their watchful eyes?  I am not sure what we can do when the child is not able to call on a cell phone, but there has to be a way for the custodial parent to know asap that something is wrong.  What, if anything can we do to save our children?

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

Bearly, I understand exactly what you are saying.
It reminds me so much of Ethan Stacy

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7800.0

Another court ordered visitation.  I pray for Mr. Stacy every day.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »

Lisa Bourque

There are a few things that are certain about Dylan Redwine that no one can take away. He was a funny boy who liked to play practical jokes, he was a bright kid with a great vocabulary, he was excited about his video/Xbox games and loved to play in the river. He had an amazing arm and could throw a perfect spiral football and make a long throw from centerfield to get a player out in baseball and liked to be in the "pickle" because he was fast and could get out of it. He was quick and had great balance. He was excellent in basketball and had globetrotter moves that were envied. He loved the Boston Red Sox and learned a lot about them when Fever Pitch, the movie, came out. He picked teams initially because he loved the colors. He always wanted to bet his brother against a college football game or a professional match up he was excited about, it would typically end up with one of them doing the others chores if they lost. He loved blue with black. He didn't like to have his picture taken. He could roll his tongue and do silly things to make everyone laugh. He loved his dogs and was incredibly patient with them. He loved his Mutti and he loved Mike and Krystal and his family. He loved his brother Cory so much and texted him often to hang out after school and work. He had a high pitch giggle that was infectious. He enjoyed gardening each season with his Mutti. His friends were so special to him and he loved his Oma. He was giving and kind and thoughtful. He didn't like to hear bad things said of those he loved and if he did, he would defend them. He had a wonderful future ahead of him and was excited about it. He was happy to be in Colorado Springs. These are things about Dylan that make him a person and not a case. Dylan is not here in physical form, but a soul with such love and joy and energy that cannot be taken away by anyone, ever. He is love and light. He is joy and hope for the new ones coming in. He is forever in the lives and hearts of those who love him and for that, there is no time or calendar with ending. Dylan is....forever. xoxo

about an hour ago

Lia Paredes Howard That really is Dylan! Everyone in our family loved Dylan, he always made us smile. For so many years, he collected football jerseys and Elaine kept a list so he didn't get duplicates. He loved to play card games at family gatherings, especially Shanghai Rummy and Knack (a german game played with special cards). Lisa, thank you so much for all this, he was one of a kind and we miss him terribly.
2 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/posts/669924843036910

Karin Hatfield Beautiful! He also Loved bingo! The last time he went with me he won around $75. he counted how many people that he loved would be with him for Christmas that year (turned out to be his last Christmas on earth), including his oma, and aunts, and split up the money between us! He gave us a card with $7.00 each! How can anybody hurt since a caring unselfish child?
6 hours ago

This is what I meant when I said to keep the focus on Dylan.  What beautiful heartfelt notes, letting us in on what a wonderful child he is.  So many times we forget the victim, his spirit is still alive.  I didn't want him to be forgotten.  What great stories to hear about a lovely child. I have to echo Karin, How can anybody hurt since (such?) a caring unselfish child?  I don't know, Karin, I don't know.  Not in my worst mood, not in my deepest anger, there is nothing that would make me hurt any child.  I cannot fathom what is in the head of a person who would hurt a child.  Dylan was a wonderful boy and continues to be a caring spirit.  We are encouraged to talk to him, his Mom said he would like that.  What a lovely thought.  Dylan is still with us in spirit.  I am trusting the investigators to get the job done.  I think they know what happened, they are waiting for something.  What?  I don't know.  Who could harm this child, who was not only beautiful outside, but beautiful inside?  Why?  Dylan, comfort your family, they need you right now.  Help the investigators find what they need.  We will not forget you.

an angelic monkey

ITA, Sis!  Great post!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:37 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672866139406659&set=a.555396767820264.144727.555378941155380&type=1

Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 8:05pm

Find Missing Dylan Redwine
I've heard from Laine today, Dylan's Mutti (Mom), understandably she is struggling to accept and come to terms with the news that her baby boy in gone forever. She wanted me to post this message to all of you.

'Be a parent that your child can trust no matter how hard your life may be or how difficult a divorce may have been. Let them know that they can trust unconditionally and to always rub their back when they need you to."

She said that people keep asking what they can do for her and she says "be a good parent for your babies to trust you no matter what happens in your life, that's what you can do for her and Dylan."

This song is for you Dylan from your Mutti! We will always remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oozQ4yV__Vw

July 3

an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oozQ4yV__Vw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oozQ4yV__Vw</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/june/child-abductions-when-custody-issues-lead-to-violence

Child Abductions
When Custody Issues Lead to Violence

06/06/13

An analysis of recent FBI child abduction investigations has revealed a disturbing trend: Non-custodial parents are increasingly abducting and threatening to harm their own kids to retaliate against parents who were granted legal custody of the children.

“Unfortunately, the threat of violence—and death—in these cases is all too real,” said Ashli-Jade Douglas, an FBI analyst in our Violent Crimes Against Children Intelligence Unit who specializes in child abduction matters. “ Most non-custodial parental abductors want retaliation. They feel that if they can’t have the child full time—or any amount of time—then the other parent shouldn’t have the child, either.”

An analysis of all FBI child abduction cases where a motivation was known shows that custodial-motivated abductions—in which a son or daughter is taken against the will of the child and the custodial parent—have increased from 9 percent in fiscal year 2010 to 50 percent in fiscal year 2012. Sometimes the motivation is to convince the custodial parent to stay in a relationship; more often it is to harm the child in an act of retaliation. This trend appears to be on the rise, Douglas said. At least 25 instances of such abductions have been reported to the FBI since October.

“Our analysis indicates that children age 3 years and younger of unwed or divorced parents are most at risk of being abducted by their non-custodial parent,” Douglas added. “And the timely reporting of the abduction by the custodial parent to law enforcement is crucial in increasing the likelihood of recovering the child unharmed and apprehending the offender.” (See sidebar.)

Quick Reporting Key to Child Safety

There is a common misconception that domestic custodial child abductions are considered a family matter that should not be investigated by law enforcement. In fact, when such abductions are reported to law enforcement, the child should be considered to be in danger—especially in cases when the non-custodial parents have previously threatened to abduct or harm their children, are mentally disabled, or are unemployed or otherwise financially unstable.

“The timely reporting of the abduction by the custodial parent to law enforcement is critical,” said Ashli-Jade Douglas, an analyst in our Violent Crimes Against Children Intelligence Unit. “That greatly increases the chances of recovering the child unharmed.”

Some recent cases include:

In 2009, a non-custodial mother abducted her 8-month-old son from his custodial father in Texas. She told the father she killed the boy to prevent the father from employing his custodial rights and in retaliation for his alleged involvement with other women.

In 2012, a non-custodial father in Utah abducted and killed his 7- and 5-year-old sons and then committed suicide. He was angry over not being afforded sole custody of the children.

“In contrast to international parental abductions, our analysis indicates that domestic custodial abductions are more likely to have violent outcomes for children,” Douglas explained, adding that a number of factors contribute to this trend. About 46 percent of American children are born to unwed parents, and 40 to 50 percent of marriages end in divorce. That usually leaves one parent with custody of the child.

“The other big takeaway from our analysis,” she added, “is that law enforcement must act quickly in non-custodial abductions to keep children from being harmed. It’s mind-boggling to think that a parent would hurt their child to retaliate against the other parent,” Douglas said, “but in that moment, they make themselves believe that it’s okay.”

So then, what can we learn here, when there is an older child?  Dylan was uncomfortable going to see his father and he had a cell phone.  Should we tell them in that situation to call home every 4 hours?  What can we do to know when help may be needed if the only hope is to act quickly?  What can we learn from Dylan's death that will help other children?  This is apparently an epidemic.  Dylan cannot die in vain, there has to be a lesson here for other custodial parents to learn from.  What can we have our children do when they are with the non-custodial parent, because of a judge-ordered visitation, to keep them safe?

Please, don't misunderstand, I am not saying his Mom did anything wrong.  I am asking how can the custodial parent keep the child safe when their child is with the non-custodial parent and the child is out of their watchful eyes?  I am not sure what we can do when the child is not able to call on a cell phone, but there has to be a way for the custodial parent to know asap that something is wrong.  What, if anything can we do to save our children?

Good questions, unfortunately the way I see it most of the answers end in a catch 22 for parents.  It's very frustrating!  The abusers know and use the law to their advantage, often leaving the parent with real concerns for their child's safety with their hands tied.  In Dylan's case:  The term "parental alienation" is thrown around quite often by Mark Redwine's supporters; and he has more than hinted at it too over the months.  It makes me sick.  But I'm sure it's a term that both mother's of Mark Redwine's children are very familiar with...as a common threat.  I can see Mark Redwine accusing Elaine of interfering in his "parenting time" if Dylan had been required to check in with her every four hours.  If Elaine had brought up the disgusting fetish pictures (of Mark) that Cory and Dylan found, I can see him making up some lie about them and accusing her of parental alienation; and if the judge believed him Elaine could have lost primary custody of Dylan, so I have to wonder if that wasn't a consideration on her part.  Although Mark and Elaine had been divorced since 2007, they were constantly in court.  Elaine has stated that until she filed to move Dylan to Colorado Springs, the issues were about their assets.  Their were no custody issues until that point, they had shared custody and she paid him child support even though he had rarely exercised his "parenting time" for a few years until she filed to move Dylan.  From my understanding before Elaine moved to Colorado Springs she signed over the remaining "assets" to Mark.  I think she just wanted to move on, and he wasn't going to let her...one way or another.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:52 AM »

I recently purchased some of the court documents that are available, and even though a lot of details aren't included in what's available online; one thing really bothered me about what I've read.

Judge David Dickinson presided over MANY of the court hearings starting when Elaine filed for divorce in 2005. 

He's the same judge that ordered the visitation, that ended in Dylan's death.

He was familiar with this family, and the issues.

It was his JOB to look at the whole picture and see the signs; THEY WERE THERE. 

HE should have protected Dylan.

JMO

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2013, 11:47:01 AM »

I recently purchased some of the court documents that are available, and even though a lot of details aren't included in what's available online; one thing really bothered me about what I've read.

Judge David Dickinson presided over MANY of the court hearings starting when Elaine filed for divorce in 2005. 

He's the same judge that ordered the visitation, that ended in Dylan's death.

He was familiar with this family, and the issues.

It was his JOB to look at the whole picture and see the signs; THEY WERE THERE. 

HE should have protected Dylan.

JMO

I agree texasmom.  Just like in Ethan's case, the signs were there!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1375852995968079&set=a.1375852972634748.1073741826.100006301743118&type=1

an angelic monkey

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »

a review on the judge, not sure if its been posted b4, a few issues, but still retained

Sixth Judicial District
 District Judge
Honorable David L. Dickinson
The Sixth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance unanimously recommends that Judge David L. Dickinson BE RETAINED.

http://www.coloradojudicialperformance.gov/retention.cfm?ret=170

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

a review on the judge, not sure if its been posted b4, a few issues, but still retained

Sixth Judicial District
 District Judge
Honorable David L. Dickinson
The Sixth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance unanimously recommends that Judge David L. Dickinson BE RETAINED.

Thanks cw, I don't remember reading that before.  Interesting.

According to the 28 lawyers who responded to the survey, they identified areas which need improvement to include: promptness of rulings on pre-trial motions; promptness of decisions after trial to the Court; willingness to reconsider errors of law or fact after ruling in a case; application of rulings on law and fact in a consistent manner.  Overall, these surveyed attorneys gave Judge Dickinson a less than average assessment of his case management skills.  Of the 54 non-lawyers who responded to the surveys, his overall approval ratings were acceptable, however, these results were below the statewide averages and district averages for all judges in Colorado.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Less than two months after Dylan was murdered, Judge Dickinson announced his retirement.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.msg1552223#msg1552223

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129570/0/FRONTPAGE/Investigators-searching-house-of-Dylan-Redwine%E2%80%99s-father

Investigators search house of Dylan’s father
Search warrant executed; no suspects have been named
By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:28pm

Dylan’s visit was the result of a court order by 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson, who said Thursday he is restricted from commenting on the order or the parenting plan.

Is he still restricted from commenting on the order or the parenting plan now that he has retired?  I'd like to hear what he has to say.  I hope LE knows what Dylan said to him in the sealed interview before the decision was made.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.msg1552233#msg1552233

http://cbaclelegalconnection.com/2013/01/judge-david-l-dickinson-to-retire-from-sixth-judicial-district-court-bench/

Judge David L. Dickinson to Retire from Sixth Judicial District Court Bench
January 11, 2013 by Susan Hoyt

The Sixth Judicial District Nominating Commission will meet on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 to interview and select nominees for appointment to the bench of the Sixth Judicial District Court. The vacancy will be created by the February 28, 2013 retirement of the Honorable David L. Dickinson.

Judge Dickinson was appointed to the district court for the Sixth Judicial District in December 1998. His docket includes civil, criminal, domestic relations, juvenile, and probate cases. Prior to his appointment to the bench, he was in private practice as a solo practitioner specializing in real estate, business and commercial litigation, and local government.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2013, 03:15:50 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.msg1552233#msg1552233

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130111/NEWS01/130119913/0/s/District-judge-to-leave-bench

District judge to leave bench
Dickinson to retire next month
By Shane Benjamin Herald staff writer Article
Last Updated: Friday, January 11, 2013 8:46pm

District Judge David Dickinson, who has served on the bench for 14 years, announced this week he will retire at the end of February.

JERRY McBRIDE/Herald file07/12/2012-

“I’m looking forward to sailing and traveling and so forth,” he said Friday during an interview. “I’ve been privileged to work with some wonderful people, both judges and court staff, as well as the bar. I can’t imagine a more rewarding career.”

Dickinson, 67, was appointed in December 1998. Before that, he was in private practice in Durango specializing in real estate, commercial and business litigation, and local government law.

Before entering private practice, he served as an attorney for La Plata County and assistant attorney for the city and county of Denver. He received his undergraduate degree in metallurgical engineering in 1964 from the Colorado School of Mines and his law degree in 1976 from the University of Denver.

Serving as district judge has had its rewards and challenges, Dickinson said. He was forced to learn areas of law that he hadn’t dealt with before, he said.

“If you’re an attorney, you try to limit your areas of practice to things you know and do well,” he said. “As a judge, you take whatever comes down the pike, especially in a jurisdiction like this where we all have mixed dockets.”

The hardest cases are those involving children, especially dependency and termination of parental rights cases, he said.

“Most of it just tears your heart out,” Dickinson said.

Dickinson said he plans to spend winter months in Mexico, but will keep a house in Durango or Bayfield.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2013, 05:08:28 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=428472090601387&id=419630614818868

Marc Anthony (aka Rodney Brittan)
I personally don't believe that Mark Redwine blew up and reacted to something Dylan said or done. I think it was in all likelyhood premeditated. This is why Dylan couldn't go to his friends house. Mark could of easily dropped Dylan off at his friends as his friends was on the same road they had to drive by on the way to Mark's house. Even if Mark reacted and blew up and Killed Dylan. He went where his mind had already been and that was to hurt and to inflice the ultimate pain on EH. This was about the ultimate control and not about a random out of control burst of anger. Remember that mark took his other children years earlier from his then first wife. CONTROL is what this was all about. At the Vigil I had a very brief exchange with Mark. I watched him pass out cards as though he was a car salesman. I gave the card back telling him that Dylan is dead and he is no longer missing. I had to say that two times before he reluctantly reacted and said "I will make time for you later." Well we all are making time for him aren't we? We are going to be your shadow Mr for the rest of your life. You make one mistake and you will be where you belong. A loving father could never ever treat their son the way you treated Dylan. NEVER! Most parents would not have the stomach to share the specifics of the remains that le shared with you but you sing about it like a canary. I can't wait until karma finds you. Justice comes in many forms and your day of reckoning is coming soon. Some say we are threatening you. Nope, we are watching what we label a murder suspect. Get used to it.
Posted Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:22pm
Arrest Mark Redwine likes this.

Arrest Mark Redwine There are 2 schools of thought and your theory is entirely plausible. You are certainly closer to the situation. Whether pre-meditated or not, I believe it was intentional and not an accident. He meant to inflict mortal harm on Dylan. Either way, this is the saddest, most senseless thing I have ever seen in my lifetime.
Posted Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:54pm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2013, 05:12:01 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=428472090601387&id=419630614818868

Marc Anthony (aka Rodney Brittain)
I personally don't believe that Mark Redwine blew up and reacted to something Dylan said or done. I think it was in all likelyhood premeditated. This is why Dylan couldn't go to his friends house. Mark could of easily dropped Dylan off at his friends as his friends was on the same road they had to drive by on the way to Mark's house. Even if Mark reacted and blew up and Killed Dylan. He went where his mind had already been and that was to hurt and to inflice the ultimate pain on EH. This was about the ultimate control and not about a random out of control burst of anger. Remember that mark took his other children years earlier from his then first wife. CONTROL is what this was all about. At the Vigil I had a very brief exchange with Mark. I watched him pass out cards as though he was a car salesman. I gave the card back telling him that Dylan is dead and he is no longer missing. I had to say that two times before he reluctantly reacted and said "I will make time for you later." Well we all are making time for him aren't we? We are going to be your shadow Mr for the rest of your life. You make one mistake and you will be where you belong. A loving father could never ever treat their son the way you treated Dylan. NEVER! Most parents would not have the stomach to share the specifics of the remains that le shared with you but you sing about it like a canary. I can't wait until karma finds you. Justice comes in many forms and your day of reckoning is coming soon. Some say we are threatening you. Nope, we are watching what we label a murder suspect. Get used to it.
Posted Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:22pm
Arrest Mark Redwine likes this.

Arrest Mark Redwine There are 2 schools of thought and your theory is entirely plausible. You are certainly closer to the situation. Whether pre-meditated or not, I believe it was intentional and not an accident. He meant to inflict mortal harm on Dylan. Either way, this is the saddest, most senseless thing I have ever seen in my lifetime.
Posted Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:54pm

self-edit name   Embarassed

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/

In texts, Dylan makes plans

Dylan was a constant text-messager. His fingers would speed across the phone screen as he spun out messages to friends in Bayfield and Colorado Springs.

He couldn’t wait for Christmas, when his mother was planning to give him a smartphone.

Leading up to his visit with his father over Thanksgiving, Dylan was focused on the chance to see many of his old friends.

He began texting one of his closest friends, Ryan Nava, the Sunday he flew to Durango.

Starting about noon Sunday, the two carried on a constant stream of banter. The back and forth continued as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible.

Dylan wanted to see Ryan on Sunday night, but his dad wouldn’t let him and Ryan was heading back from Pagosa Springs that night.

So instead, Dylan promised to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house in Bayfield at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

The early hour didn’t surprise him, Nava said. Dylan was known to randomly show up.

Ryan received his last text from Dylan just after 8 p.m.

Dylan was planning to come to Ryan’s grandmother’s house, and he asked if she would care if he came over. And then the conversation ends.

Expecting Dylan, Ryan set his alarm and woke up at 6:30 a.m. At 6:46, he sent a text to his friend, asking where he was.

But Dylan never responded.

Nava said he would have expected Dylan to text him Monday morning if he overslept or at least to say when he was headed down to Bayfield.

Throughout the day Monday, Ryan texted Dylan, his messages becoming more and more urgent.

Ryan’s last text to Dylan was at 7:59 Monday night. “Are you alright dude? Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and she’s worried bro,” it said. “Seriously when you get the message call someone.”

ecowan@durangoherald.com

‘Seriously ... call someone’

The following is a text exchange between Ryan Nava and Dylan Redwine that starts early afternoon Nov. 18 with the two swapping banter about their prowess with females.

At 5:40 p.m., Dylan tells his friend that his plane has landed, and Ryan asks him how the flight went.

“Weired my head went numb from all the vibrations,” Dylan replies.

Soon after, they begin making arrangements to see each other. The texts, provided by Ryan, are unedited.

Ryan Nava: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow

Ryan: Ok

Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why

Dylan: idk

Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no

Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

Ryan: Oh ok

Dylan: can I come over early lkke 6 30 early tomarrow

Ryan: Yeah

Dylan: you better let me in

Ryan: I will

Ryan: im gonna be at my gmas

Dylan: i call (you) all day if you dont

Ryan: Ok

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

Ryan: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

Ryan: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you

Ryan: (Time: 10 a.m. Nov. 19) Come to nandos.

Ryan: (time: 4:12 p.m. Nov. 19) Dude your dads looking for ou

Ryan: you

Ryan: (Time: 7:59 p.m. Nov. 19) Are you alright dude?

Ryan: Dude you need to call somebody anybody asap we all worried about you your mom called and shes worried bro

Ryan: Seriously when you get the message call someone

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.