April 24, 2024, 03:09:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO #2 (Body Found)  (Read 495010 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #560 on: January 03, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201113342987083&set=o.106616159509014&type=1

Michael Hall posted on Calling Mark Redwine

MR, I do not believe it is a coincidence Dylan’s remains were found. I believe it was your actions and BS coming from your mouth. Let us start here and kind of go in order with just a few events.
Do you think nobody took notice the ONLY search you showed up for started like 18 miles from your house and Middle Mtn? Kind of comfortable since it was so far away from where you knew Dylan was?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Remember the people with guns and pitch forks outside your home asking you to JUST HELP and be more forthcoming? Did you leave the state knowing this was coming? Remember sending your buddy in a mask and sunglasses to go over and take pictures of people and license plates? And your buddy takes off running when confronted by 2 women? None of this seems suspicious?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Next let us go to this. I never in my life could imagine a Father taking their son’s life. I was so optimistic you had Dylan hidden somewhere until the taping of this show. It was at this point I knew you did the unthinkable. This show was about bringing more attention to Dylan yes but it was also to get you to be more forthcoming…..YOU FAILED!! See how this coming together? Look at your anger when you could no longer control EH.
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Since I felt so strongly you murdered Dylan after returning from LA I left for Vallecito to cut the lake open. This happened because you said Dylan went fishing and his pole was missing which later we find was all BS coming out of your mouth but we had to do it.
3 hours ago

Michael Hall After cutting the holes open we sent HRD dogs over them for scent of remains. You must remember this since you asked a friend to follow this team of K-9 searchers from a distance while we were in LA. Just that act alone tells me you are far less comfortable then you were searching 18 miles away. JS
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Next we move on to the ice coming off the lake. Because of the hits by HRD K-9’s we find and bring in IMO the most qualified people in the US to search the lake. You have to remember this! We even had Helicopters flying over the lake which also went over your house at about 150’. Oh that’s right said you had no idea anything was going on even though we searched for almost a week and you couldn’t hear the TV from the helicopter noise. Not feeling too confident at this time? Haven’t been out of your house since search started?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Moving on to the last day of the lake search brings us here. This is when LE built a dam at Middle Mtn. Campground due to info acquired from the lake search. See how this has progressed from the dam where you say Dylan went fishing up the lake getting very close to your house and Middle Mountain road? Little nervous this day?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall Moving on and again this is only my opinion. You do remember bashing LE and all our search efforts and stating you did not think Dylan was even in the County? I feel you only said that because this relentless search is continuing your direction and you got the “to close for comfort” feeling. Well here we are at the base camp for the Middle Mountain search. Sorry you missed it as you fled. Oh that is right you did not know about the search and could get back home due to fire. Damn you covered a lot of ground in a short time getting all the way to Indiana. I thought you would have stopped at least once along the way to get Dylan’s story out to media on your tour. Do you know there is not one confirmed person we know you even mentioned Dylan to on your escape tour?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall And finally after hearing all your BS, wading through all your lies, evaluating all your actions and you taking off out of state when you knew this search was happening we find Dylan’s remains. Its all just a coincidence isn’t it?
3 hours ago

Michael Hall 7 MONTHS OF SEARCH AFTER SEARCH.
Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
Julie Andrews
3 hours ago

Michael Hall There are over 30,000 WARRIORS and 800,000 followers that are in this for the long haul. You severely under estimated the strength and determination of our family. This is far from over!
3 hours ago

Lisa Bourque I'm still waiting for the rest of the video that was taken on the first 20 feet of the trail that was to prove how easy it was for Dylan to hike from Mark's house to the area of Middle Mountain. We never saw another video follow up from Mark on that. Nor did anyone expect to.
3 hours ago

Betsy Horvath Great time line of events and lies Michael Hall! Really puts it in perspective.
What about his feeble attempt to climb MM and video tape it? Showing how "easy" it was for Dylan to hike up that mountain for cell phone reception. Yep, those professionals sure do look like it's an easy climb for a 13 y/o in shorts, in the winter, with sneakers. We all know how well sneakers grip on rock right?
Oh and least not forget the wonderful business cards he handed out - AFTER Dylan's remains were found. Now he's no where to be seen. I wonder why an innocent person would hide?
3 hours ago

Jan Pritchett Rodriguez Very far from over...we are all still here and NOT going away...ever. We all think about you everyday Mark...how's everything working for you? Are you having a great New Year so far? Like Mike said it is far from over...you make it that way.
3 hours ago

Michael Hall There is only one person we believed did this. There is only one person we analyzed all his BS interviews. There is only one person we analyzed all his actions. With all this we find Dylan's remains but this stupid f***er wants to say it wasnt him?? Really?
3 hours ago

Jan Pritchett Rodriguez It would all be over with one phone call...that's what he should do, is make a phone call and end all this.
3 hours ago

Jona Carabajal Mark is so sick and twisted-he was able to look out his front door and see where Dylan was. He was hoping Dylan would never be found. Well guess what, Dylan was found and you will pay the price for what u have done!!
3 hours ago via mobile

Betsy Horvath Jan, he'll NEVER make that call. He's a coward!
3 hours ago

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »

thanks for sharing this texasmom.

still praying

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »

thanks for sharing this texasmom.

still praying

You're welcome, Sister.   

And I'm still praying too!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: January 06, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/posts/774379292591464

Justice for DYLAN Redwine · 7,377 like this
6 hours ago ·

Will Justice ever be served? Aren't people in Vallecito worried that a killer is on the loose?

A Child was murdered in their back yard, left on the Mountain Side where they camp and play with their own Children. And no one is worried about who committed this crime? Why aren't you all screaming at the top of your lungs? WHO did this?

Who killed Dylan? Is anyone going to be held accountable for this precious little boys death?

http://durangoherald.com/article/20131230/NEWS01/131239966/-1/ad300video/Tragic-and-innocuous-highlight-2013

Justice for DYLAN Redwine I know that many in the community are worried and have voiced that, but many who just want to forget. We can't forget.
6 hours ago

Justice for DYLAN Redwine It just seems so bizarre that LE hasn't made some sort of press release. Something. How could someone just show up in Vallecito and murder a boy that no one even knew was going to be there and they have nothing? nothing? c'mon. I really don't believe that, I don't. I do believe a certain person will be arrested but can't believe it's taking so long, very discouraging.
6 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: January 06, 2014, 08:09:33 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/10201130361372532

Michael Hall
MR, I think you and some others should realize its only a matter of time and it is very short. In reading the article below it was not the main caption that caught my attention,,,,it was #9! Your a local so you should know this story. Many family members lied to cover the murderer and all got arrested. LE did wade through all the lies and all family members involved enjoy 3 hots and a cot. LE will take down all that lied and covered for who murdered Dylan. People will roll to save their ass. DO you know the investigator that put all these people behind bars including the murderer? JS

http://durangoherald.com/article/20131230/NEWS01/131239966/-1/ad300video/Tragic-and-innocuous-highlight-2013
Tragic and innocuous highlight 2013
www.durangoherald.com

Elaine Redwine received an outpouring of support from friends at a vigil held for her son Dylan Redwine after the boy’s remains were found in June.
9 hours ago

(From the link)

9. Paying price for perjury

Suzanne Garcia, convicted of lying to a grand jury investigating the death of her husband, Ted Garcia, was sentenced to six years in prison.

Prosecutors said she lied to protect her brother, Joseph Dernoga, who was charged with and later pleaded guilty to killing Garcia.

Suzanne Garcia, 43, was convicted of eight counts of perjury, one count of tampering with a witness and one count of contributing to the delinquency, the last two charges for coaching a daughter to lie.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: January 06, 2014, 08:43:39 PM »

Article from the sentencing in Ted Garcia's murder...about a month before Dylan was murdered.

Eerie, imo.   

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121017/NEWS01/121019564/-1/s

Sentencing: ‘A trigger was pulled’
Durango man gets 16 years for Ted Garcia murder

By Shane Benjamin Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:15pm

“There are no excuses for murdering someone. There are no excuses for snatching somebody’s life from them. And we’ll never know what the reason is. Sixteen years is not nearly enough time for what you’ve pleaded guilty to.”

Dernoga, who lived in the basement, called 911 to report the death. Investigators eventually identified Dernoga as a suspect, but they had little physical evidence.

Ted Garcia’s family used words such as “monster,” “selfish” and “evil” to describe Dernoga. They laid into him for what they characterized as years of terror, violence and harassment directed toward the Garcia family.

“We cannot even look at you or even speak your name. You are a monster in our eyes,” said Claudine Garcia, Ted’s mother. “You murdered our son, our beloved Teddy, in cold blood.”

Suzanne Dernoga Garcia, the wife of Ted Garcia and the sister of Dernoga, found herself in an awkward situation of wanting to identify the killer of her husband and protecting her brother.

She threw her support behind her brother, proclaiming his innocence for the last two years. Even during his sentencing hearing, she seemed to question his guilt.

“This is not justice,” she said. “This is a backroom deal with cigars and mirrors.”

She criticized the district attorney’s office for violating her rights as a victim. Prosecutors failed to notify her of significant developments throughout the case, including that Dernoga had struck a plea agreement calling for 16 years in prison, she said. She was never notified of the hearing and learned about the development through The Durango Herald, she said.

District Attorney Todd Risberg said it is up to prosecutors to determine who is considered a “victim.” Suzanne Dernoga Garcia was uncooperative with the criminal investigation and has been charged with perjury on suspicion of giving false testimony to the grand jury in an effort to protect her brother, Risberg said.

Tonya Golbricht, lead investigator in the case, said she hopes Dernoga’s sentencing can bring some resolution to the Garcia family. She called Dernoga’s speech “insincere and self-serving.”

“There isn’t a doubt in my mind that Dernoga killed Ted Garcia,” she wrote in an email to the Herald. “Shame on him and all who have worked to disrupt this investigation. They, too, will have their day in court.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: January 07, 2014, 12:50:42 AM »

Justice for Dylan!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #567 on: January 07, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140108/NEWS01/140109640/-1/News01/Sheriff-announces-bid-for-sixth-term-

Sheriff Schirard to run for 6th term
County incumbent says tight budgets pose challenges

Article Last Updated: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:36pm

La Plata County Sheriff Duke Schirard announced Wednesday he plans to seek a sixth term.
Schirard Enlarge photo

Schirard

Schirard, 72, is beginning his 20th year as sheriff. He has 40 years’ experience in law enforcement.

During an interview Wednesday, Schirard touted several accomplishments during his tenure, which began in 1995, including:

Helping to oversee the construction of a 911 dispatch center in Bodo Industrial Park.

Helping to lure a juvenile detention center to Durango.

Overseeing a large addition to the jail.

Being in charge of one of the first rural agencies to train deputies on how to respond to people experiencing psychological episodes.

Embracing programs to keep people out of jail, including ankle-bracelet monitoring and intensive-supervision classes that aim to change behavior.

The La Plata County sheriff oversees a $14 million operating budget and about 150 employees, more than any other county department.

As of Wednesday, Schirard had one opponent: Sean Smith, a deputy with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office. Smith, a Democrat, filed paperwork Aug. 16 with the Colorado Secretary of State indicating his candidacy. He has not made a formal announcement.

Schirard said the biggest challenge facing the department over the next four years relates to the budget.

A decline in natural-gas tax revenue means a tighter budget for his department. Deputies will not receive pay raises this year, and no new positions will be created, even though a survey suggests the Sheriff’s Office should have more patrol deputies, he said.

Schirard said every murder, attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon has been solved during the last 20 years with the exception of the Dylan Redwine case.

Dylan Redwine, 13, went missing the day after he arrived for a Thanksgiving visit with his father in 2012. The boy’s bones were found seven months later on a mountainside north of Vallecito Reservoir. Investigators said they suspect foul play, but no arrests have been made.

“That’s one thing I want to see my office work on and get that thing done up,” Schirard said. “God knows people worked hard just to find that child’s remains.”

"get that thing done up"

"that child's remains"

WTH???   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »

So sad...from the Comments area...

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140108/NEWS01/140109640/-1/News01/Sheriff-announces-bid-for-sixth-term-

Comments...

Elaine Hatfield

With all due respect "that thing" happens to be my son and maybe if you were more in tune with this from the beginning you would not refer to his case as "that thing". So rude to refer to him as such.
Reply · 18 ·  · about an hour ago

Sherie Farstveet

What the hell?? So insensitive.
Reply · 7 ·  · about an hour ago

Stephanie Hoff

this is why Dylan brought together his team of warriors , we will not stop until Dylan has justice and you have answers
Reply · 6 ·  · about an hour ago

Tara Ritter

Amen and God Bless you Elaine. Dylan remains in my heart forever as well as all of you. He should be ashamed!
Reply · 9 ·  · about an hour ago

Lily Gander ·  Top Commenter

OMG!!! "That thing" is a person Sheriff! A child at that! Those words make one more word come to my mind INCOMPETENT!
Reply · 4 ·  · 50 minutes ago

Karin Hatfield · Colorado State University-Pueblo

Maybe someone else can push harder to find the justice we need!
Reply · 6 ·  · 44 minutes ago

Betsy Horvath ·  Top Commenter

Elaine, I am so sorry that "that man" has absolutely no compassion for Dylan. One name, one name for him to use and he chooses not to. DYLAN REDWINE.
Reply · 3 ·  · 13 minutes ago
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: January 09, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »

So sad...from the Comments area...

Comments...

Elaine Hatfield

With all due respect "that thing" happens to be my son and maybe if you were more in tune with this from the beginning you would not refer to his case as "that thing". So rude to refer to him as such.
Reply · 18 ·  · about an hour ago

Sherie Farstveet

What the hell?? So insensitive.
Reply · 7 ·  · about an hour ago

Stephanie Hoff

this is why Dylan brought together his team of warriors , we will not stop until Dylan has justice and you have answers

Tara Ritter

Amen and God Bless you Elaine. Dylan remains in my heart forever as well as all of you. He should be ashamed!
Reply · 9 ·  · about an hour ago

OMG!!! "That thing" is a person Sheriff! A child at that! Those words make one more word come to my mind INCOMPETENT!
Reply · 4 ·  · 50 minutes ago

Karin Hatfield · Colorado State University-Pueblo

Maybe someone else can push harder to find the justice we need!
Reply · 6 ·  · 44 minutes ago

Elaine, I am so sorry that "that man" has absolutely no compassion for Dylan. One name, one name for him to use and he chooses not to. DYLAN REDWINE.
Reply · 3 ·  · 13 minutes ago

The comments didn't show up when I first read the article, don't know why that happens sometimes...but I'm glad others are as furious as I am about the Sheriff's choice of words.

(picking up on the comments where grace-land left off)

Kathy Baker · Florence High School
Would be nice to see a "Justice for Dylan" sign next to every campaign sign for this jacka** along with one at each political event he attends. Still praying for you Elaine!
Reply · 5 ·  · 2 hours ago

Lynda Whitaker Land · Works at NoWhere
Elaine, I am so sorry that this man had such trouble saying DYLAN. I cant imagine what he was thinking of...must have been absent minded there or something. (((hugs))) Lots of love to you on this very trying day. ♥
Reply · 4 ·  · about an hour ago

Elaine Hatfield
hmm, now comments are disabled on that article. Sorry sheriff, tired of turning the other cheek. This is my 13 year old son we are talking about not a missing dog. You are responsible for the lack of urgency on his case and you should not be rewarded with another term after your lewd, rude and just plain mean comments regarding my son. I hope you all protect your children in that county because he isn't.

Rodney Brittain · Vennard College
Yep Elaine. You're dead on! For him to use "that thing" as a point of reference. Elaine I would post a open letter to this Sheriff vis a ve a news paper article. Reprimanding him and rightly so. There is no freaking way he has been intimately involved with Dylans murder . No way that he could and use that terminology. Gawd!
Reply ·  · 2 minutes ago

I think it's time for a new sheriff. Life long positions are not in the best interests of the community. I say that it time to impose change and consider term limits.
Reply · 15 ·  · 5 hours ago

Jackie Ewing Linch
No kidding! The guy has 40 YEARS experience and can't solve Dylan's case when everyone KNOWS who did it?
Reply · 1 ·  · 21 minutes ago

Sigrid Little
Circumstantial evidence can and DOES win cases. I'm disappointed that the only person of interest (that you have refrained from naming as yet), hasn't been charged yet. Maybe Dylan needs a more aggressive defender. This case has NO reason to go "cold".
Reply · 12 ·  · 3 hours ago

Lisa Bourque
Dylan Redwine's case is solved. It was solved when police told Vallecito residents to not be concerned and when they called it a homicide the day they found Dylan's remains on the mountain. It was solved when evidence, surmountable damning evidence, was found, sent to CBI and came back months ago. It was solved for Elaine Redwine the moment her son's phone went silent in the middle of a text to his friend, but instead she held out hope. It was solved when the last person that was with Dylan epically failed a polygraph test and when he said he would willingly take another one, he admitted to drinking too much the evening before and would not be comfortable re-taking the test. It was solved when the police let everyone know that Dylan's remains were found, it was a homicide and that he did not travel to Middle Mountain or the place he was located on his own and that he was not killed by animals, but the father of Dylan decided to release a press campaign with video to prove the police wrong and that Dylan could indeed walk a 1000 foot cliff on his own, in shorts, and untied sneakers, in November. It was solved when days after Dylan's remains were found, and a vigil was held in Bayfield, the father of Dylan Redwine was handing out business cards that said "Find Missing Dylan Redwine" on them. The question is not whether or not this case is solved, the question is why the police choose, and at this stage it is a choice, not to arrest the father of Dylan Redwine.
Reply · 11 ·  · about an hour ago

Patricia Kendrick ·  Top Commenter
Really sad that anyone would refer to Dylan's case as "that thing ".Even more sad that the Sheriff would do this but yet he wants to be re elected for another term ?I hope everyone speaks up and lets Sheriff Schirard know that Dylan or his case is " not that thing".Dylan was an innocent sweet loving young man that was cheated out of his life by a cold blooded killer !! I won't name names but we all know who the guilty party is.
Reply · 11 ·  · 3 hours ago

Jackie Ewing Linch
That's disgusting.
Reply · 4 ·  · 3 hours ago

Rebecca Colbert · University of Nevada, Las Vegas
That one thing to get done has been front and center on the minds of his loved ones for 416 days. Get it done, Sheriff, before you contemplate re-election. Justice for Dylan!

Lyn Pug
Solving this case would just about guarantee his reelection, but until that happens he needs to focus on solving the murder of a child rather than campaigning.

Dawn Carter · Ignacio High School
It is time for Duke Shirard to retire. He has done the department good but we need a sheriff like Sean Smith to take over. Duke you need to enjoy retirement while you can .Yes I agree with Lily on justice for Dylan Redwine. The Sheriff Department needs to resolve that Issue ,the people know who it was . The Last person he was with was the father. I know you need evidence which this case will never be solved. You need to get Mr. Barter with the Archuleta Sheriffs Department to find out.
Reply · 9 ·  · 4 hours ago

Yep Dawn. Dead on.
Reply ·  · 4 minutes ago

Carol Harmes-Hicks · Colorado State University-Pueblo
This just inpacts the hurt and sorrow by such insensitive words. Sorry Elaine!
Reply · 9 ·  · 3 hours ago

Candy Doxtater Mix
Wow. Sad that he thinks that way but good to know. . . hopefully no re-election in his future.
Reply · 2 ·  · about an hour ago

New sheriff! Then maybe Dylan Redwine will get some Justice!!!
Reply · 9 ·  · 5 hours ago

Please check your email Mr Benjamin.
Reply · 8 ·  · 2 hours ago

Mikey French · Aztec High
Smmfh this guy and his exceptions!!
Reply · 1 ·  · 2 hours ago

Delora Ruholl
Does this man have kids or grand kids? Would he want them referred to in that manner? Sheriff, if you're reading this, you owe Elaine an apology both verbally and written.
Reply · 7 ·  · 2 hours ago

Sigrid Little
Here's a link for LaPlata if they've run out of ideas: http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/
Reply · 6 ·  · 3 hours ago

Oh hell yeah!
Reply · 4 ·  · 3 hours ago

Maybe if he can get this "done up" by election time, my view would be much more favorable. GET ER DONE, DUKE! PLEASE!
Reply · 6 ·  · 2 hours ago

By the way, enough circumstantial evidence IS REAL evidence.
Reply · 3 ·  · about an hour ago

Marcie Reese
Sheriff Shirard should release a detailed timeline of his office's actions from the moment Dylan was reported missing and compare it with protocols from other jurisdictions. It would be helpful to know if and when his office did a background check on the last person who saw Dylan as well as looked through legal actions involving the minor child Dylan, which are on file at the courthouse. It also would be helpful in knowing if, when, and how Sheriff Shirard's office interacted with the CBI and FBI.
Reply · 4 ·  · 2 hours ago

Dam Right Marcie! Couldn't of said any better. LE! you all should do as Marcie has asked you to do.
Reply ·  · 5 minutes ago

Shame on you LPCSO office for referring Dlyan Redwine as "that thing." While I am at it let me tell you what I think from Telluride Colorado. There is absolutely no reason that it should of taken 10 days for your office to search Mark Redwine's home. Another member requested that you post time lines, a detailed history of what your office did to solve this case. I am of the opinion sir that things were delayed, not taken seriously when in fact they should of been . Thousands of us see major red flags from day one and you being LE had access to multiple records, people, etc. So 10 days doens't sit well with me. Like Marcie said below. we as the community want to compare the actual procedure your office practiced and compare them to other law enforcement agencies . Yes, we want to check on your performace. The buck stops with you Sheriff! A boy was murdered and I don't care if other crimes were solved. I care about this one!
Reply · 3 ·  · about an hour ago

Jamie Nickell Halls
Glad to hear. Duke has done amazing thing in the last 20 year!! if everything is running smoothly why change. Don't fix what's broke. We live in a very small town with very limited resources and to know that all cases have been solved, except for Dylan is amazing. If everyone will remember back it took well over a year to get the evidence needed to prosecute Ted Garcia's murderer. If I recall right the sheriffs department had to play the waiting game while evidence was analyzed at the CBI. I have no doubt in my mind they will solve the Dylan Redwine case it just might not be in the timeframe that everyone would like.
Reply · 1 ·  · 2 hours ago

Lyn Pug
Dylan is the biggest case of his career. If he can't solve it, get someone who can. There's a murderer of a child running loose. Is that what you all want?
Reply · 5 ·  · 2 hours ago

Jamie Nickell Halls
Lyn Pug Wow, I didn't say I didn't want it solved. What I said was is sometimes it takes more time than some people would like. It takes a great deal of time to get evidence analyzed due to such limited resources. I am positive that when everything comes back and the detectives have what they need they will solve the case. Like I said we had a murder case here and to no fault of our sheriff's department it took over a year to prosecute because they had to play the waiting game with the powers that be. But, when the evidence came back they had everything that they needed and the murder will be spending the rest of his life in jail.
Reply ·  · about an hour ago

A child is dead and no one has been held accountable. One of his sheriff's was arrested for having child porn. You call that smooth?
Reply · 2 ·  · about an hour ago

Tessa Nicole Thomas · Photographer/Videographer-Owner/Consultant at O'Brien Video and Photography
DISGUSTED BY DUKE!!! JUSTICE FOR DYLAN!!! If it werent for this COMMUNITY I believe we would have never gotten this far because DUKES team dropped the ball!!! 10 DAYS!!!! WHAT A DISGRACE TO LAW ENFORCEMENT!!! Rediculous... needless to say DUKE NEEDS TO RESIGN NOW!!!!!!
Reply · 1 ·  · 30 minutes ago

Ben Frihauf · VP of Client Relations, CCO at McAlvany Wealth Management
Anyone who remembers the department before Duke, will recognize what a great job he has done for the county.
Reply ·  · 3 hours ago

Elaine Hatfield
That was 20 years ago. I hope there was some improvement during that period of time.
Reply · 9 ·  · 3 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: January 09, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/504532036327146

Calling Mark Redwine · 3,446 like this
11 hours ago ·

"Schirard said every murder, attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon has been solved during the last 20 years with the exception of the Dylan Redwine case."

So what is the consensus of those who live in La Plata County?

Do you think Duke deserves another term as Sheriff?

How do think La Plata County handled Dylan's case?
Sheriff announces bid for sixth term
www.durangoherald.com
During an interview Wednesday, Schirard touted several accomplishments during his tenure, which began in 1995, including:
Like ·18 · Share

M Kathleen's Art he should retire....sometimes fresh eyes can solve a case faster than when old eyes are closed....there's so many holes in MR's story even blind people can see what happened....hoping Justice will be served soon!
11 hours ago · Like · 10

Patricia Kendrick You would think if he really wanted to be re elected he would make an arrest in Dylan's case and put the murderer behind bars where he should be. Then he would of accomplished what the people Want to see !
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 12

Jack Miller In all honesty, I'm surprised Schirard and his team haven't made an arrest. He's a good guy and he's no dummy. I think many people in LPC are asking themselves if this was their Child, would they be ok with the way this case was handled? Is this ok?

We know the things that have happened out there and I don't think anyone in this County has any doubts about who did it. People have stood back and waited for something to happen and there's a whole bunch of chatter here in Durango about this case not bein solved. If what we're hearin is true, they have enough to arrest and convict the person who killed that little boy, and they damn well better do it. People think we're not somewhat frightened here? We have a murderer here, and he needs to be put away.
10 hours ago · Edited · Like · 15

Stacey McDonald They're obviously do their best and don't want any loopholes if an arrest is made. Maybe an outside team who specializes in cases like this should be allowed to have a go at it and get it done. I don't live there any more but I have friends and family who do. I don't like the idea of a psychotic murderer on the loose, no matter who's guilty.
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Janelle Johns Wood In the first months of Dylan being missing, I heard from several different people that he was heard saying that he didn't give a shit about this case and that Dylan ran away. I don't believe everything I hear....but.......well let's just say I won't vote for him.
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 8

Delorise Smith Hes guilty thats it .... that baby DYLAN REDWINE {DESERVES JUSTICE } he deserved to live an that so called dad SOB deserved to rot n hell....
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Tim Lambert Like many other things there can be 100 positive but its the 1 negative that people hear about and sinks the ship. This article has been out less than 12hrs? and the question was already asked. How do you think LPC handled Dylan's case? CMR those are great questions. I think its only a matter of time with the Sheriff up for re-election before Dylan's family is asked that same question by the media since they know much more than us how it was handled so far. I think the family's opinion will weigh heavily on if they make an arrest or not. So saying that along with readings Jack's comment above as I am sure many LPC residents feel the same there is no way in hell people will go to the polls without fu***rd behind bars.
9 hours ago · Edited · Like · 8

Mikey French The whole office is a joke if they wouldn't of waited 10 days to search the killers home he'd prob be close to convicted by now!!
9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 12

Mikey French And his deputy that got caught with child porn what ever happened there?that sure got quiet!
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 10

Elaine Hatfield I truly hope that he DOES NOT get re-elected. It is time for a change.
7 hours ago · Like · 16

Calling Mark Redwine Elaine Hatfield, can you tell us more about how you feel about the way they handled Dylan's murder? Maybe we really do need a "new Sheriff in town"?
7 hours ago · Like · 9

Rebecca Colbert With the exception? Dylan shouldn't be an exception. If the sheriff had ANY sway with Risberg, he'd be clamoring for an arrest to make his re-election a slam dunk. If he's too stupid to figure that out, perhaps it IS time for a change.
7 hours ago · Edited · Like · 9

Rodney Brittain I would have to align my thoughts with Tim. I have often questioned LPC sheriff's office performance in Dylan's murder. I would like to know if the standard of care(operational procedures) was applied in this case. I can't help but think that a few major blunders were made early on. Maybe they weren't blunders either. I want as a citizen to hear from other recognized LE agencies that this case/homocide investigation was handled appropriately. Dylan deserves that. I also know that , as Tim referred to , supporters of this sheriff are likely to avoid voting him back in when they themselves believe they have enough information themselves to charge the idiot with murder. Having said all that. I truly believe term limits should be part of every elected position. This idea of having a life long office doesn't sit well with me nor does it serve the community all that well.
7 hours ago · Like · 14

Rebecca Colbert Dylan deserves that. Amen, Rodney.
7 hours ago · Like · 7

Elaine Hatfield There were too many assumptions early on that this was all Dylan's doing. They refused to look at the obvious because the obvious was so hard to believe (a father having something to do with his own sons demise) and so they refused to believe it initially. They declared Dylan a run away even after we stressed on the first night that Dylan would not just run away without contacting one of us. They did not search MR's car or house soon enough and therefore he could have disposed of a ton of evidence before they even looked at him. I think this sheriff is too busy living in the land of back then when things like this didn't happen (i should say they happened but they were swept under the carpet) and the world has changed since he was elected. There is a reason there are term limits on politicians and there should be on LE as well. He did not do anything that positively helped Dylan or his case and therefore should be held accountable for his lack of urgency in finding a missing 13 year old or the person who took his life.
7 hours ago · Like · 20

Katt Hawkins This case was handled so poorly from the word go that Schirard should walk away in shame. He's as crooked as the day is long.
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 19

Katt Hawkins This sheriff is too busy being corrupt. He's not a lawman he's a criminal
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 17

Rodney Brittain I couldn't agree more Elaine. Perhaps it's time to question LE performance in Dylans murder. This , as you have said many times Elaine, is about him. All other issues are secondary and that includes feelings, etc. I cannot find any reason why we should "not" press for an independent investigation of "Law Enforcements performance here." This isn't about steppin on toes or accussing others of negligence. It would be about procedural protocols, standard of care, etc. If anybody gets upset that we want LE's performance evaluated then so be it. Dylan was murdered and he deserves tobe front and center and everything else in my opinion is inconsequential. I am all for revisiting the initial stages of this case and putting it up in lights for all to see. Evaluating procedural processes doesn't threaten the intergrity of what evidence they LE does have. We are only interested in procedural processes that were utilized and when they were utilized. Another thing that I hate to bring up here is the timing of things. I would be very upset if the evidence to charge the killer is being held until an election is over. Elected officials have manipulated the system to work in their favor. So if the sheriff is re elected and then the killer is charged for Dylans murder I will be asking some questions. IF information comes forth that demonstrates that mistakes were made but not disclosed until after the election then there will be a backlash I am sure. But if Sheriff is already relected then the consequences won't be as harsh. I know I have a wild imagination but to me , as well as to many others here as warriors, something seems to be very wrong here. It's time for a new sheriff regardless is my opinion.
6 hours ago · Edited · Like · 12

Carrie Romack i couldnt agree more with everybody.
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4

Patricia Kendrick I would like to see media pick up the question to LE as to if the department feels they should have done things different ,maybe that's a story for Kevin Torres to cover ?
6 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 7

Lisa Bourque We live in Hazzard County. There aint no law in Hazzard County, the Duke boys take care of all them there lawz.
6 hours ago · Like · 6

Lisa Bourque The whole damned place is crooked.
6 hours ago · Like · 6

Lily Gander If he's corrupt, then maybe he is covering for someone. Remember how one of them was arrested for having child porn? That was shortly after those awful FB pages were posted in the comments section of one of Dylan's pages. I am one of those who turned that person in to the international agency that deals with those things. I wonder to this day if that is why he was arrested.

I'm not saying Dylan was one of their victims, but if a sheriff was found be be a chomo, then maybe it goes deeper than just him. If it does, you can bet there are other higher that are willing to cover up anything to save themselves. I am one that believes that the chomo rings are kept running mostly by those in power.

Get out the head guy and see if Dylan gets justice.
6 hours ago · Like · 6

Lisa Bourque He will be re-elected and if not for the lead detective on this case of Dylan's and the parents of Dylan, Elaine and Mike and their son Cory, nothing would have progressed as it has. You know the saying you need to be your own doctor? Well, be careful,...See More
6 hours ago · Like · 12

Lily Gander Rodney Brittain how do citizens press for an independent investigation? If the warriors do, then I wonder if someone will turn up no longer breathing in order to keep him from talking about what he knows about LE.
6 hours ago · Like · 6

Lily Gander Yeah Mikey French, that DID get quiet! Surely that case is public record! Is there anyone who can find out?
6 hours ago · Like · 4

Lisa Bourque Let's get that thing done up. Lets get that THING done up. Lets get that THING DONE UP. Sweet Mary mother of God.
6 hours ago · Edited · Like · 8

Lily Gander I posted on the article. I'm sure sheriff what's his name will read it. If you want me to change it or remove it let me know.
6 hours ago · Like · 1

Rodney Brittain I think that EH,Michael, and Cory could in all likely hood send a letter to the AG of Colorado. The State of Colorado's AG's office might be a good place to start. The AG's office is an elected position . I would also add that if EH, MH,and Cory created this request and published this open letter to the AG's office in the Denver Posts, and other media newspapers here in Colorado that it very will could result in a investigation into the investigative tools utilized by LPCSO. I would even ask Kevin Torres to cover the efforts, time lines as to educate the general public. I truly believe that EH,MH and Cory could talk to a national news magazine to cover these actions at the same time. Like Dateline, etc. I have no personal problem with LPCSO but I am not EH, MH, or Cory. They know more about the specifics and they probably understand the protocols that should of been acted upon that weren't. We as citizens have the right to over see and expect the best from our LE communities. I don't think they received that from LPCSO. I am of the opinion that MH and EH and Cory could definitely get LPCSO's performance properly evaluated. For those that believe LPCSO has done a great job I have this to say. I don't agree with you. That having been said. If they did follow procedural protocols then they will be viewed in a positive light. Either way Dylan Redwine is gone, murdered, etc. This isn't about feelings, or wanting to bad mouth any agencies. It's about doing what is right because it is right.
5 hours ago · Edited · Like · 10

Lisa Bourque The lack of comments on that article in the Herald are deafening. Which, ironically, speaks volumes. You'd think we are living back in the day of Capone, speakeasy's and short fat men who talk in high whispers with frogs in their throats. The follow up article should read "if you ever want to murder someone, simply follow the Dylan Redwine case to the letter and do it in Laplata County, Co and you too, can walk as a free man".
5 hours ago · Like · 13

Rebecca Colbert Lisa- Duke's comment floored me. That thing. Yeah Sheriff, why don't you get that thing done up if you can. Jeez louise. Do I need to shout it from the rooftops some more? He has a name: DYLAN!!!!!!!
5 hours ago · Like · 8

Lisa Bourque We don't uze names in Hazzard County. Aint no reason. Aint nobodys bidnis.
5 hours ago · Like · 9

Lisa Bourque This should enrage every citizen of this county.
5 hours ago · Like · 13

Rebecca Colbert If this is his first public comment on his re-election, he's not doing a very good job of it. Dylan. Dylan. Dylan.
5 hours ago · Like · 7

Lynda Whitaker Land He referred to this case as "that thing?"
5 hours ago · Like · 3

Patricia Kendrick Hmm maybe we all should go comment that Dylan was not A Thing !! I'm sure we can blow up the comment section .
4 hours ago via mobile · Like · 7

Lily Gander Charge!
4 hours ago · Like · 4

Calling Mark Redwine Wow!
4 hours ago · Like · 3

Lyn Pug Dylan's case has gotten WORLDWIDE attention. It was the case of his career and he f****ed it up. Time for someone who knows how to solve crimes and not just a good ole boy with a badge.
4 hours ago · Like · 9

Lyn Pug While we all know who is responsible; nonetheless, no parent in LaPlata County should feel safe knowing that the murderer of a child is still on the loose.

And speaking of children in LPC, whatever happened to Deputy Child Porn?
4 hours ago · Edited · Like · 7

Lynda Whitaker Land Yeah, and who else did he know and possibly hang out with? For this case to still not be brought to its closure is ludicrous! The sheriff wants to be re-elected? Well, I might want a rainbow unicorn in my house that farts sweet pink and purple lullabies....Doesn't mean it's any more or less a realistic dream than the sheriff has. They must be covering something up, and I can smell it from here!!!!
4 hours ago · Edited · Like · 2

Lynda Whitaker Land All I'm saying, is it looks mighty peculiar that a certain someone may have grown up with some of these guys on the investigation; what if he shared some "experiences" and/ or "knowledge" with someone who wants to continue to mess with this investigation so as to not ire Mark into sharing info on his "friend." Hmmm. Maybe they share stuff online. Hmmmmm. I'm sure it can be looked into.
4 hours ago · Like · 4

Lily Gander It woould have taken 10 minutes to find out that none of Dylans friends had seen him' nor any of his family. Had he hitchhiked llike what they were saying in the beginning, certainly someone would have seen him by the afternoon when MR mosied into the LEs office. The fact that noone had seen him by then should have told LE that the hypothetical driver who picked up Dylan did something with him. There are only two conclusions to come to, either they were incompetent or they are covering something up.
3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 5

Lily Gander sigrid posted the link to the new show cold justice. i know Dylans case isnt cold but it is certainly in danger of becomming cold. Maybe if we all put in a request there?

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/
Submit a Cold Case to Cold Justice on TNT
www.tntdrama.com
COLD JUSTICE producers are seeking law enforcement agencies who could benefit from additional expert help and resources for their unsolved homicide cases and possibly be featured on COLD JUSTICE. (Please note we are currently not looking at "missing person" cases.)
3 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 4

Lynda Whitaker Land But who do we put as the police-person?
3 hours ago · Like · 2

Carrie Romack lily i thought the same thing but figured they wouldnt take it since the case is ongoing. but maybe if everybody on this page trys they might. worth a try..
3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Lynda Whitaker Land How do civilians make an arrest? We can all get together and prosecute this sorry son of a bee! WE can put all the pieces together so any fool could plainly see; leopard in tree is still a leopard in tree, even if not quite all the pieces are there; we could highlight the parallels and, say Scott Peterson or one of the many other scum liars the public has BECOME DISGUSTED with, (especially the ones that get off.) The tide has turned in American justice; people are sick and tired of technicallities or ridiculous standards letting the guilty walk free. I think a jury is really ready for a case like this, I have no doubt that once other theories are dashed, there'll be no choice but to see the one and only explanation of what happened to Dylan Redwine. (Oh, and the fact that they'll all come to love our Dylan like we have won't hurt! ; )
3 hours ago · Like · 1

Lynda Whitaker Land Wait....a....minute. Could the sheriff have been holding off on making this arrest because he was saving it as his political ace in pocket? Please tell me that's not what is going on here....
3 hours ago · Like · 5

Rodney Brittain It appears to me by all of the comments above that we are questioning LPCSO performance. As a collective group we should call the LPCSO on it. That said we would be much better off having a legal attorney prep a letter to the AG's office, etc. EH,MH, Cory could hire one just for such a purpose. Two things come to mind. One, a legal represenative whom represents Dylan's interests while representing EH, and family. Two, would have a legal person asking the right questions and citing the proper statutes so that the general population could have faith in the legal advisor's interpretation of the facts. That with an open letter in the Denver Post, Durango Herald and alike guarantees a few truths: One that LPCSO followed proper protocols/procedures in the initial phase of Dylan's disappearance. Also, it would be a clear and precise indicator that the family wants and deserves answers pertaining to how the LE agency handled this case. I won't accept b.s statements like "its an ongoing investigation.' We wouldn't be asking for those kinds of speicifics. We would simply be asking if certain "legal instruments" were used at the appropriate time. I.E. A Child that is missing and could be in danger would 10 days be an appropriate period of time to wait for a search of a potential crime scene. I am thinking about just the legal maneuvers ,tools, and how LE approached Dylans missing status from day one. MH and Elaine, would it not be in Dylans best interests to atleast contemplate such a letter to the AG's office? I know that you all know allot more and I am not trying to offend anybody , including LE but it's readily apparent that as a collective group of people that we are losing our faith in the Sheriff's office and perhaps this is the time to look into procedural issues. You can have the best investigators in the country but if proper protocols weren't followed then it should land on LE front door. We cannot in my opinion be stepping on egg shells around the LPCSO's staff. Dylan deserves all that can be done here and if that means pissing off a few so what. The end result here is that we want justice for Dylan and if we can't have that then we want to know why . That would crush me but we can't turn away from the reality that things don't seem right. That is not asking to much . Your thoughts?
2 hours ago · Edited · Like · 7

Fibromyalgia is NO excuse to be a Psychotic Cyber Stalker I don't care what he's doing. It's time these parents be held accountable for murdering their babies. That little Lisa Irwin's mama still runs free after she possibly rolled over on her in the night drunk on Franzia, such cowards they are to kill their babies and go on with life as if nothing happened. I think Casey Anthony, Mark Redwine and Deborah Bradley all outta get together and stratagize!

This is just My opinion of course-
3 hours ago · Edited · Like · 2

Rodney Brittain Lynda, I think that could be the case as well. Elected officials whom covet the office, the power, the influence over others have done exactly that many times. This Sheriff is elected and not assigned to his office. So he needs to keep voters happy. I think Tim is correct. He doesn't stand a chance of getting elected if Dylan's killer isn't charged.
2 hours ago · Like · 6

Betsy Horvath Here's a copy of an email I sent to the writer of that article:

You do not know me, but I do read the Durango Herald on a regular basis. I started reading this little unknown (to me) paper back in November 2012. That month, that year, this paper and it's magnetic pull to me are a small part of why I am emailing you today. You see, on November 20, 2013 I started to use the internet like I have never used it before in my life, this is despite the fact that my job requires me to be online and multiple pages extensively. I googled, I search and I read. I read every single article about Dylan Redwine that has been on the internet since November 20, 2013. I have used Facebook, media websites, discussion groups and search tools like I never knew. My employer understands when he walks behind me and sees the Durango Herald, Denver Post, or any other media website opened up to Dylan Redwine. I have studied Filicide, deceptive behaviors, body language, Coprophagia, Parphilic infantilism, Federal laws, State Laws, Colorado prison systems, Vallecito maps, Durango maps, you name it.

By now, you may be asking, why is this writer telling me this. The reason is simple. You have an article in today's paper, a good one. An article about Sheriff Schirard running for his 6th term. I personally appreciate any political article that helps the community to become informed decision makers. This article, it's amazing, in my personal opinion. Perhaps not alone for what you wrote, it's an amazing article for one simple statement. A statement that may have gone overlooked all the while it screams to be heard. A statement that tells the reader exactly what the character of the incumbent is.

“That’s one thing I want to see my office work on and get that thing done up,” Schirard said. “God knows people worked hard just to find that child’s remains.”

It's a simple statement, innocuous on the surface. It's also incredibly insulting to Dylan, to Dylan's mother, to Dylan's brothers, to Dylan's friends, to Dylan's warriors. I won't go into the rumors about how this Sheriff, the enforcer of law, the overseer of right vs. wrong, the lawman of the land, was overheard stating that he didn't care about Dylan because he was a runaway (rumor, not something I myself heard). Or how he treated Dylan's disappearance as a runaway despite being repeatedly told that Dylan would not runaway. Nor will I go into how potential evidence was lost because time was wasted. How a crime was botched from the beginning because of one man's opinion, this is my opinion; not fact.

I will tell you this much. For a Sheriff to refer to a murdered child as "that child's" and for a Sheriff to refer to the senseless murder of an innocent child as "that thing" well, that's more than appalling, it's downright disgusting. "That thing" is a murder, the murder of an innocent little 13 year old boy named Dylan, who went to visit his father at Thanksgiving. "That thing" is the discovery of Dylan's remains months later, not all his remains, not enough to give him a proper burial, not enough. "That thing" is a murderer still free to do as he/she chooses in life, mainly to continue to live, while Dylan no longer does. If the Sheriff won't own it, if the Sheriff won't call Dylan's murder a murder, then how does the community rest? How can the community rest knowing that "that thing" isn't being taken serious? ONE UNSOLVED MURDER IN 20 YEARS is not "that thing" it's THE UNSOLVED MURDER OF DYLAN NICHOLAS REDWINE.

"that child" is Dylan Nicholas Redwine. Dylan has a name, given to him by his parents. Only one person, that I know of, referred to Dylan in such a disrespectful, non-human way, Mark Redwine when he said "I loved that boy." For a Sheriff to use "that child" instead of Dylan Redwine, instead of using Dylan's name, instead of giving Dylan life, respect and honor, well, that's beyond anything I can comprehend. Dylan is a little boy that will never graduate high school, never have a first date, first love, never see his nephew that is due soon, never hug his Mutti, pet his dog, play sports, tease his friends or run from girls because he's shy. Dylan Nicholas Redwine is a child that deserved so much more than to be murdered. The least that can be done, the VERY least that can be done, is for the one man in charge of the Sheriff's office to use Dylan's name, not "that child".

I hope that the people of LaPlata County make an informed choice when they hit the polls. I hope that they elect a Sheriff that has compassion. I hope that they elect a Sheriff that has respect. I hope they elect a Sheriff that will truly be an enforcer of justice, a fighter of crime and an advocate for those that can't protect themselves. I hope they elect a Sheriff that can remember the one and only unsolved murder in 20 years. I hope that elect a Sheriff that can remember and use the name of that victim with the respect and compassion that is deserved. Sheriff Schirard has one name to remember, one victim, one unsolved murder, and that is Dylan Nicholas Redwine. He owes the community and he owes Dylan the ability to be able to refer to Dylan's senseless murder as more than "that thing" and "that child".
2 hours ago · Like · 14

Lynda Whitaker Land Rodney, that sounds like a good idea...I'm feeling sick right now at the thought that just ran through my mind. : /
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Lisa Bourque Betsy this is great, I would send that to the Editor though. Get it in the paper.
2 hours ago · Like · 6

Betsy Horvath I should've added, what IS said, isn't as important as what IS NOT said.
2 hours ago · Like · 4

Lily Gander Betsy Hovath well done! I can't say enough how good that letter is!
2 hours ago · Like · 3

Lily Gander who is running against the sheriff?
2 hours ago · Like

Betsy Horvath A winner Lily, a winner is running against him.
2 hours ago · Like · 7

Calling Mark Redwine Sean Smith, a deputy with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office. Smith, a Democrat, filed paperwork Aug. 16 with the Colorado Secretary of State indicating his candidacy. He has not made a formal announcement.

If what I hear about Duke is right, Sean may want to watch his back and keep one eye open in his sleep.
2 hours ago · Like · 6

Lyn Pug Betsy for Sheriff!
2 hours ago · Like · 2

Patricia Kendrick Betsy , that is absolutely amazing . I do hope you get a response from this. I also agree it would be great if this was published in the paper.
2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Barney Stoneage Yes, please submit it to the editor Betsy! No better way to get the community riled up, which in turn will get the LPCSO MOVING! Perfect timing with the election at hand.
about an hour ago · Like · 2

Betsy Horvath They have a limit of 360 words, so I posted it on the page.
51 minutes ago · Like · 4

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: January 09, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »

Justice for Dylan!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #573 on: January 10, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »

grace-land and texasmom, thanks for the posts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2014, 01:35:12 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/132260293611267

Elaine Hatfield My poor baby. We are fighting for justice Dyl and will continue to do so until he is put away.
10 hours ago

Michael Hall Mark had 6hrs to feed LE all his bs before we got there. Pole missing? went fishing? At the dam? 9 miles away? Didnt take his bike or atv going that distance? with no tackle box or bait? when he didnt even care to fish? with his backpack? and every belonging he had? Then we spend the next who knows how many hours telling them douche bag is full of shit.
2 hours ago

Michael Hall Would Dylan Call? example: Mr. Father of the year drops Dyl of in park IN THE TOWN of Bayfield, Mark goes and gets his drunk on, is over 2hrs late from time he was suppose to pick Dylan up, No phone call to Dylan saying he is running late or anything. What does Dylan do? Calls Mom to have somebody pick him. Of course Mom arranges that as Dylan knows Mama has many friends that would have no problem doing that. He is in the town of Bayfied with friends houses close as in a mile maybe. Now according to Mark we are to believe he left Dylan on the couch, Dylan got up and set out ON A 18 MILE JOURNEY, and didnt call Mom??? MARK YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR OWN CHILD!!!!!! Dylan would have got up, called Mom and said Dad ditched me and Mama would have made a call and got him to his friends.
2 hours ago

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2014, 06:03:32 AM »

Elaine Hatfield My poor baby. We are fighting for justice Dyl and will continue to do so until he is put away.
10 hours ago

Michael Hall Mark had 6hrs to feed LE all his bs before we got there. Pole missing? went fishing? At the dam? 9 miles away? Didnt take his bike or atv going that distance? with no tackle box or bait? when he didnt even care to fish? with his backpack? and every belonging he had? Then we spend the next who knows how many hours telling them douche bag is full of shit.
2 hours ago

Michael Hall Would Dylan Call? example: Mr. Father of the year drops Dyl of in park IN THE TOWN of Bayfield, Mark goes and gets his drunk on, is over 2hrs late from time he was suppose to pick Dylan up, No phone call to Dylan saying he is running late or anything. What does Dylan do? Calls Mom to have somebody pick him. Of course Mom arranges that as Dylan knows Mama has many friends that would have no problem doing that. He is in the town of Bayfied with friends houses close as in a mile maybe. Now according to Mark we are to believe he left Dylan on the couch, Dylan got up and set out ON A 18 MILE JOURNEY, and didnt call Mom??? MARK YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR OWN CHILD!!!!!! Dylan would have got up, called Mom and said Dad ditched me and Mama would have made a call and got him to his friends.
2 hours ago

What an enormous POS Mark is . . . JMO!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: January 14, 2014, 10:33:02 PM »

10 hours ago

2 hours ago

2 hours ago

What an enormous POS Mark is . . . JMO!

Absolutely imo, to say the least!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2014, 01:29:50 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/posts/676039505758777

Justice for DYLAN Redwine · 7,383 like this
August 5, 2013 at 8:19am ·

What has law enforcement said about their investigative focus? Let's take a thorough look.

On Monday [11/26], Bender said there are two options at play: 1) That Dylan ran away. 2) That Dylan was abducted or foul play was involved.

"Investigators are no longer looking at the possibility of Dylan being a run-away"
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/301970/222/Police-Missing-teen-in-SW-Colorado-did-not-run-away

Investigators are looking into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine as a possible “abduction, kidnapping or some kind of foul play,” a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

Investigators had considered all options, including that Dylan was a runaway. On Wednesday, however, they ruled that out.

Factors that led to that conclusion include the absence of activity by Dylan on social media, lack of text messages to his friends and the passage of time, authorities said.
http://gazette.com/investigators-springs-teen-possibly-abducted/article/147839

Investigators in the Dylan Redwine disappearance said Wednesday they have determined the 13-year-old did not run away.

"Just given the length of time (he's been gone), we're looking at other possibilities," said Durango Police Lt. Ray Shupe. "Everything from abduction to homicide."
http://www.krdo.com/news/Investigators-say-they-ve-determined-Dylan-Redwine-didn-t-run-away/-/417220/17581046/-/xik41jz/-/index.html

Authorities say they don't believe Dylan Redwine ran away or that he became lost in the woods.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/probe-into-missing-dylan-redwine-now-a-criminal-investigation

Authorities say they don't believe Dylan Redwine ran away and say this is a criminal investigation.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/302570/346/Search-at-missing-boys-fathers-house-finished

As of Nov. 30, authorities ruled out the possibility that Dylan is a runaway due to the length of time involved, lack of cell phone activity, friends and family interviews, and the absence of any contact from him. They also ruled out the possibility that Dylan wandered off and was lost in the wilderness area around the lake.
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2012/12/05/kuzmanic-missing-dylan-redwine-criminal-investigation-new-photos/

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Investigators continue to seek information and evidence from the public to determine whether something happened to Dylan at the home or whether he somehow left the home and something happened to him away from the home. (March 19 Press Release)

How did finding Dylan impact the investigative focus?

“We're pursuing it as a criminal investigation and have since almost day one,” Bender said.

Bender "We were able to, fairly early on, rule out that he was lost or had run away, and that left us with a criminal investigation, and that's what we've been pursuing for the last seven months." (video)

“We have accomplished one of those missions in finding Dylan,” he said. “We'll continue to pursue who was involved with Dylan's death.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20130627/NEWS01/130629581

Investigators said they have suspected foul play for some time now.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/central/remains-idd-as-dylan-redwine

Bender: "It's been a criminal investigation since actually the first 24 hours that Dylan was reported missing and all other options beyond or in addition to a criminal act have been laid aside. Press conference: http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2513818990001

“We’re pursuing this as a criminal investigation and not an accident,” said Bender.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/06/28/dylan-redwines-father-i-want-to-know-what-happened-to-my-son/

"As things progressed, it became pretty clear that this was going to be a kidnapping, homicide or some kind of death," he said.
http://gazette.com/coroner-cause-of-dylan-redwines-death-may-go-unsolved/article/1503066

The La Plata County Sheriff's office says this was not an accident and not the work of an animal. No suspects have been named, but they were clear: someone did this to Dylan.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/342601/339/Dylan-Redwines-father-brother-speak-out

"This is an open ongoing homicide investigation. We’ve ruled out everything except foul play, and that left us with kidnapping or homicide," Bender said. "With the recovery of his body, that makes it from our perspective a homicide."
http://m.koat.com/news/police-looking-for-dylan-redwine-testing-items/-/17421734/20741554/-/vqf80v/-/index.html

Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office confirms to 7NEWS that they are looking for a killer in the death of missing teenager Dylan Redwine.

"This is an active homicide investigation," La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," Bender said.

Bender also said death by wild animals has also been ruled out.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/southwestern-colorado/dylan-redwine-homicide-investigation-deputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

Investigators say the place where Dylan's remains were found was not a place he would have gone on his own.

"Dylan had a very set routine. He was a very communicative fellow on the Internet and Twitter with his friends. And he had very specific definite plans with his friends and he never showed up for that...it's totally unlike Dylan."

At this time, no suspects have been named in Dylan's murder.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Search-Crews-Collect-Items-While-Looking-For-Dylan-Redwine-213255531.html?device=tablet

Investigators were back out on Middle Mountain Wednesday afternoon, searching for additional clues that could lead them to Dylan Redwine's killer.

Authorities are investigating the case as a homicide.

On Wednesday, La Plata County Sheriff's Spokesman Dan Bender told 9NEWS the community should not be alarmed that a killer is on the loose, but he wouldn't elaborate past that.

"I can't discuss matters of the ongoing investigation," Bender said.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/343443/339/Investigators-look-for-clues-in-Redwine-case

So, according to law enforcement:

Dylan did not run away.
Dylan did not wander off.
Dylan did not get lost.
Dylan's death was not an accident.
Dylan was not killed by animals.
Dylan did not go to Middle Mountain. Therefore, someone took him there.

This is a criminal investigation.
Something may have happened in Mark's home.
Mark & Dylan's interactions are being investigated.
This is a homicide.
Dylan was murdered.
Police are pursuing a killer.

Facts. Information. Truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=350254

Father's home searched again in Dylan Redwine case
8:51 PM, Aug 14, 2013

Mark Redwine said investigators from multiple law enforcement agencies came to his door with a search warrant Wednesday afternoon. They spent three hours at his home, which is near Vallecito Lake in southwestern Colorado.

Redwine says the investigators removed sections of carpet and wood flooring. He says they took a fireplace poker, clothing and a cell phone. Redwine said deputies also dug a hole in his yard underneath an outdoor staircase.

This is the third time law enforcement agents have searched through the Vallecito area house looking for clues.

Officers did an informal search shortly after Dylan was reported missing. They also executed a search warrant about 10 days after the teen's disappearance.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20130814/NEWS01/130819748/-1/s

Investigators search Mark Redwine’s house
Sheriff says he expects to learn today if anything significant was found

Article Last Updated: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:35pm

The search warrant allowed investigators to go inside Redwine’s house and collect physical evidence that may be linked to the disappearance of Dylan Redwine.

Schirard was unaware Wednesday night whether the search yielded any new evidence.

“We’re not going to quit until we have some resolution to it,” he said.

Mark Redwine did not return a phone call Wednesday night seeking comment.

Schirard was unaware if Mark Redwine was at home during the search.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2014, 01:39:22 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/504532036327146?comment_id=2640820&offset=0&total_comments=123

Michael Hall This is my opinion. We were in Durango/Bayfield area for months and I never once met or even seen this Sheriff. What he knows about Dylan's case he more than likely read in the Herald. If I was sheriff I think I would have at least met the people whose child was killed in my county but that's just me. This sheriff knows far less about this case than everybody on this page. If asked right now before being prepped he could not tell you the sequence of events that lead us to finding Dylan's remains.
7 hours ago

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: January 15, 2014, 01:43:52 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=132329716937658&set=a.106616502842313.220.106616159509014&type=1

Justice for Dylan!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.