April 16, 2024, 12:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO #2 (Body Found)  (Read 493834 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »

Justice for Dylan!

As I clicked on this thread to read new posts this morning, I wondered if today would be the day we would see  an arrest announced for Dylan's murder.  Alas, we continue to wait for justice for Dylan.  I will never forget how shocked I was when I read the news some of his remains had been discovered.  And the anger and the sadness of it all. 
Thank you for all you do, texasmom. 

Justice for Dylan

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #721 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »

Maybe today will be the day!   

Thank you for all you do too, Muffybee!   

Justice for Dylan!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:21 AM »

That mental health hold thing...

It still bugs me that one of FB pages that supports Mark, made a post about 12 hours before that little show in Denver.  Not anything that would hint that something was coming or anything.  Just thought the timing was very interesting since they hadn't posted anything before that in over seven months; and promptly followed it with three posts about the incident in Denver.

JMO

Same page...

Are we supposed to believe LE approved the announcement too?   

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=143856185785011&set=a.106684966168800.225.106616159509014&type=1

Calling Mark Redwine
53 minutes ago · Edited
And the page went "poof". Freaking hilarious. Just remember, when the page comes back, it's "not" really the same freak show it was before, It's LE (wink wink)

I thought we could all use a good laugh. (-:

Cheers

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2014, 02:00:15 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/southwestern-colorado/dylan-redwine-homicide-investigation-deputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says

Redwine disappeared in November

Posted: 06/28/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours ago

DURANGO, Colo. - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office confirms to 7NEWS that they are looking for a killer in the death of missing teenager Dylan Redwine.

"This is an active homicide investigation," La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," Bender said.

Bender also said death by wild animals has also been ruled out.

Bender said officials have not identified anyone as a suspect. When asked if family members had been ruled out, Bender reiterated, "We have not labeled anyone as a suspect."

Dylan's remains were found during a five-day search this week of Middle Mountain Road, less than 10 miles from his father's home, where he reportedly disappeared. The bones were found in a drainage area, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

This article was from almost a year ago.

The monster that murdered Dylan and desecrated his remains is still free.

Dylan deserves justice, and those that love him deserve the peace of knowing his murderer is being prosecuted.

JMO

Justice for Dylan!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »

Justice for Dylan!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/southwestern-colorado/dylan-redwine-homicide-investigation-deputies-confirm-they-are-looking-for-a-killer

Dylan Redwine wasn't killed by animals, search on for boy's killer, sheriff's office says

DURANGO, Colo. - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office confirms to 7NEWS that they are looking for a killer in the death of missing teenager Dylan Redwine.

"This is an active homicide investigation," La Plata County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dan Bender told 7NEWS.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," Bender said.

Bender said officials have not identified anyone as a suspect. When asked if family members had been ruled out, Bender reiterated, "We have not labeled anyone as a suspect."

Dylan's remains were found during a five-day search this week of Middle Mountain Road, less than 10 miles from his father's home, where he reportedly disappeared. The bones were found in a drainage area, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

Dylan deserves justice, and those that love him deserve the peace of knowing his murderer is being prosecuted.

JMO

Justice for Dylan!   

Good morning texasmom!  Today would be a fine day to see the start of justice for Dylan.     If it's not to be today, we will wait for the next day and so on.  I continue to hold my belief there will be justice for Dylan and his Mom and brother too!   Every night when his murderer goes to bed, they must be wondering what will be in store for them the next day.  Will they be pulled out of bed in the night and arrested?  How long will they be free and when will the time come they are going to be looking out from bars? I hope it preys on their mind heavily.  I don't believe anyone will have an attack of conscience and do the right thing. No.  They will have to be rounded up and taken in.  I hope LE takes the time they need to make a good case not only enough for an arrest, but for a conviction.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: June 23, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »

JMO

Justice for Dylan!   

Good morning texasmom!  Today would be a fine day to see the start of justice for Dylan.     If it's not to be today, we will wait for the next day and so on.  I continue to hold my belief there will be justice for Dylan and his Mom and brother too!   Every night when his murderer goes to bed, they must be wondering what will be in store for them the next day.  Will they be pulled out of bed in the night and arrested?  How long will they be free and when will the time come they are going to be looking out from bars? I hope it preys on their mind heavily.  I don't believe anyone will have an attack of conscience and do the right thing. No.  They will have to be rounded up and taken in.  I hope LE takes the time they need to make a good case not only enough for an arrest, but for a conviction.  JMHO

B&BBM Absolutely!   

We want justice for Dylan!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: June 23, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »

http://www.9news.com/story/opinion/2014/06/23/dylan-redwine-anniversary/11266869/

Dylan Redwine's remains discovered 1 year ago today

9NEWS Reporter Kevin Torres takes note that it's been one year since the remains of Dylan Redwine were discovered. 9NEWS.com. 06/23/14.

DENVER – On a hot summer day one year ago, investigators gathered members of the press outside the La Plata County Sheriff's Department to share the news: Some remains of Dylan Redwine had been found on a mountain in Vallecito.

Having covered Dylan Redwine's disappearance from the beginning, I had been tipped off in advance about what was going to be discussed at the news conference. Yet, even with the warning, hearing those words come from La Plata County Sheriff's Spokesman Den Bender's mouth, left a pit not just in my stomach – but in the stomachs of every other reporter in attendance.

Many of us had spent months getting to know the residents of Bayfield and Vallecito. To us, they weren't strangers – they had become friends and family.

Personally, I had gotten to know Dylan's mother Elaine, her husband Mike and Dylan's brother Cory on a different level. As a reporter, it's a rarity to get a chance to get to know the subjects you're profiling – especially while covering a tragedy.

However, in the months that followed I got to know Elaine, Cory, Mike and a bunch of others just as much as they got to know me. Simply put, they're wonderful people.

By now many of you know the back story of Dylan's disappearance. 

It took until the summer for a search team to track down some of Dylan's remains. All in all, detectives found about three percent of the boy.

On that June day one year ago, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department reiterated that Dylan had been murdered. This wasn't a runaway case or an accident, the boy had been murdered – and whoever murdered him was still on the loose.

To this day, detectives have not named a suspect. Yet, they still continue to investigate the case on a daily basis.

In fact, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department told me on Monday investigators were back out on Middle Mountain last week (the mountain where Dylan's remains were found) searching for any new clues. They figured new vegetation pushing through the area might reveal some more details.

The Sheriff's Department said seven or eight investigators had worked on the case that week, and on a day-to-day basis, there are about two or three investigators following up on the case.

Since it's an open investigation, the Sheriff's Department couldn't release too many details – especially about a suspect. Instead spokesman Dan Bender said the following:

"The investigation is still open it's still active. Investigators are still going out into the field and are still doing follow-ups ... The progress of the investigation and the work with the District Attorney's Office – when it's believed they have enough information to move the case forward, they will do so."

At this point, it's a wait and see situation. For many, including Dylan's mother, it's a never-ending nightmare. On Facebook Sunday night, she shared the following with Dylan's followers: http://on.fb.me/1qETsFY.

Find Missing Dylan Redwine
Cause · 29,683 Likes
· 18 hrs · Edited ·

From Elaine to Dylan.

Hi Dyl. I cannot believe it's been a year. I still cannot believe that this happened to you. I cry every day and sometimes I catch myself looking for you. it hasn't gotten easier but I have learned to live and will continue to for you. Your bench has been cared for by so many who love and miss you like we do. You'd be touched Dylan by all of the sentiments placed there. I was. Thank you all for watching over him. Until I see you again my sonny son, you will be where you always have been,in my heart and my soul and my mind. My eyes will always see you and my ears will always hear you. I love you, bubby.

In the meantime, Dylan's family and friends continue to pray for justice while Dylan's killer is still on the loose.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: June 23, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »

http://www.9news.com/story/opinion/2014/06/23/dylan-redwine-anniversary/11266869/

Story Highlights

About 7 investigators were on Middle Mountain last week searching for more clues
    2-3 detectives work on this case every day
    No suspect has been named yet; police need more evidence
    More interviews were conducted last week in regards to Dylan's death, won't say who was interviewed

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: June 23, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »

Prayers to you, Elaine.

Stay strong- love from the Monkeys.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: June 23, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »

Prayers to you, Elaine.

Stay strong- love from the Monkeys.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: June 23, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »

Video at the link

From the video:

In the past few days investigators have been back out to the area where Dylan's remains were discovered searching for new clues.

Over the phone this afternoon Elaine said she was with investigators as they went over that area looking for more clues and she says she is confident now more than ever that they will find her son's murderer.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »

I felt chills go up my legs when I read this snippet from the article texasmom posted above.  I'm hoping there will be justice for Dylan.     Soon!

In fact, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department told me on Monday investigators were back out on Middle Mountain last week (the mountain where Dylan's remains were found) searching for any new clues. They figured new vegetation pushing through the area might reveal some more details.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: June 24, 2014, 09:07:44 AM »

I felt chills go up my legs when I read this snippet from the article texasmom posted above.  I'm hoping there will be justice for Dylan.     Soon!

Please let me clarify my post.  Although I'm glad to see the searches continue and possible movement in the investigation of Dylan's murder, I felt chills because "new clues" could of course include more of Dylan's remains.  I can't fathom how Elaine makes it from day to day.     Bless Dylan's family, the searchers, LE and those that continue to seek justice for Dylan. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: June 24, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

It hurts to even imagine walking in Elaine's shoes.   
I'm thankful she has an awesome family and so many others that support her. 

The fact that LE and the family are still looking for the rest of Dylan's remains just reinforces how vengeful and deliberate this crime was.  The monster that murdered Dylan never wants the pain to stop, for Dylan to be at rest with a proper burial; or for Dylan to have justice.  He's enjoying the show and all the attention he and his miserable existence are getting; and the obvious pain he is still in control of.  I imagine with as strongly as I feel about getting Justice for Dylan, there are those out there searching for more evidence that want nothing more than to put this monster in a cell and throw away the key; and they won't stop until it's done.  My thoughts and prayers are with them.

JMO

Justice for Dylan!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: June 25, 2014, 01:34:43 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: June 29, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140627/NEWS01/140629577/Still-building-a-case-

Still building a case
One year since his remains were found on Middle Mountain, justice for Dylan Redwine elusive
By Chuck Slothower Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:22pm

More than a year after investigators found partial remains of Dylan Redwine along a remote stretch of Middle Mountain Road north of Vallecito, authorities appear to be inching toward a decision about whether to bring charges in the case.

“I actually believe it’s progressing,” said Lisa Bourque, a Vallecito resident who has become close friends with Dylan’s mother, Elaine.

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office investigators continue to meet at least once a week to go over the case, spokesman Dan Bender said. The investigators have reinterviewed witnesses and continue to process forensic evidence for possible clues. Last weekend, investigators spent three days going back over the area where Dylan’s remains were found in search of more evidence.

The Vallecito home of Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, has been the scene of repeated searches.

Sheriff Duke Schirard suggested the investigation is tying up loose ends. Once the investigation concludes, the District Attorney’s Office would decide whether the case is strong enough to proceed with charges.

“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” he said.

District Attorney Todd Risberg declined to characterize the investigation’s progress.

“It’s a tough case, and I know the sheriff’s investigators are working hard on it,” he said. “They’re doing all they can at this point.”

“My faith in the justice system has been shaken considerably by the fact that we’re here a year later, and we’re still where we started,” said Denise Hess, a Bayfield woman who has acted as the Redwine family’s spokesperson.

“We keep having these anniversaries of things that you shouldn’t have to have anniversaries of.”

It’s unclear how long the investigation could stretch. Schirard said prosecutors will have one chance to win a conviction, and the case won’t go forward until it’s ready.

“We need the concurrence and approval of the District Attorney’s Office because we get one shot at proving this case, and we need to have the district attorney comfortable with the case that we bring to prosecution and all agencies onboard,” he said.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which has assisted in the case, declined to make its investigators available for interviews, citing the ongoing investigation.

Dylan’s killing hit hard in Vallecito, home to only a few hundred year-round residents.

“I don’t think there was a day I did not walk and search for Dylan into that winter,” Bourque said. “You feel helpless, and it’s really kind of shocking.”

Authorities have investigated Dylan’s death as suspicious, ruling out that he ran away or went camping in the mountains.

Many of Dylan’s survivors have blamed Mark Redwine for Dylan’s death. Mark has been interviewed by investigators, and items have been seized from his house. Mark has denied any wrongdoing, and he has not been named a suspect or charged in the case.

Vallecito residents have noticed the apparent focus on Mark Redwine’s home.

“There’s only one house that they keep going into and pulling stuff out of,” Bourque said.

Elaine Redwine lives in Colorado Springs but has returned to Vallecito on several occasions to keep tabs on the case, Bourque said. Attempts to reach Dylan’s mother for this story were unsuccessful.

Mark Redwine did not return a cellphone message, and his home number in Vallecito has been disconnected.

It’s the only unsolved homicide investigation in Schirard’s tenure as sheriff, which dates to 1995. Schirard is running for re-election.

Schirard said he wants the case prosecuted, but only when it’s ready.

“It’s a very emotional case, as it should be,” he said. “A lot of people are very concerned about it, particularly in the Vallecito area, in the Bayfield area. Certainly we would like very much to bring some peace of mind to these people and the families, but we’re not going to do it until we have the concurrence of the agencies involved that we have a prosecutable case.”

Those who knew Dylan and supporters of his family continue to focus public attention on the unsolved killing. Facebook groups such as Justice for Dylan Redwine and Dylan Redwine Warriors remain active. On May 28, Elaine Redwine and Bourque went to Boston, home of the Red Sox, Dylan’s favorite baseball team. A message, “We love and miss you Dylan Redwine,” appeared on an electronic screen at Fenway Park.

Bourque believes Dylan’s killer will be held accountable.

“That kid just deserves justice,” Bourque said. “I don’t think he’s going to be denied it. It’s just very, very delayed, which is so unfortunate.”

cslothower@durangoherald.com

for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20140630/NEWS01/140639968/-1/taxonomy/Nancy-Grace:-Don%E2%80%99t-rush-Dylan-Redwine-investigation-

Nancy Grace: Don’t rush Dylan Redwine investigation
TV host says circumstantial cases can win

By Chuck Slothower Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:30pm

TV host Nancy Grace said Monday prosecutors are wise to gather evidence and refine their case before bringing charges in the killing of Dylan Redwine.

Grace, in an interview with The Durango Herald, said she’s seen many older cases win convictions. With no witnesses, investigators don’t lose anything by waiting in the Redwine case, she said.

“This investigation can only get better,” Grace said. “They don’t have much, but it can only get better with the passage of time.”

Grace, who hosts the “Nancy Grace” show on the Headline News channel, has closely followed the case, airing segments on the investigation’s progress. She became popular for her aggressive takes on unsolved cases that often emphasize the victim’s point of view.

Before becoming a television personality, she spent more than a decade prosecuting violent felony cases at the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in Atlanta.

“I don’t know a lot, but I do know how to try a murder case,” she said.

Investigators found Dylan’s partial remains – pieces of bone – a year ago, confirming the match on June 27, 2013. It’s not known what other evidence they’ve gathered from repeated searches of the Vallecito area and Mark Redwine’s home. Mark Redwine has denied any involvement in Dylan’s death, and he has not been named a suspect.

Some supporters of Dylan Redwine’s family have publicly accused Mark of involvement in Dylan’s death, but Grace didn’t want to point fingers in Mark Redwine’s direction.

“I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that says the father did it,” she said.

La Plata County Sheriff Duke Schirard said last week the investigation is moving ahead.

“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” Schirard said.

Grace declined to criticize the investigation, which has been led by the Sheriff’s Office and assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

“I don’t think that there have been any missteps. I really don’t,” she said. “I feel like they are going in the right direction.”

Grace said the investigation, now well into its second year, appears to be reinvigorated. Charges could still be brought, she said.

“Many a case has been built on only circumstantial evidence,” she said.

cslothower@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:31 PM »

Justice for Dylan! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: July 01, 2014, 12:10:09 AM »

Dylan deserves justice, I hope it comes soon!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=143905435780086&set=a.106616502842313.220.106616159509014&type=1&theater

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.