April 24, 2024, 09:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO #2 (Body Found)  (Read 495020 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #740 on: July 01, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20140630/NEWS01/140639968/-1/taxonomy/Nancy-Grace:-Don%E2%80%99t-rush-Dylan-Redwine-investigation-

Nancy Grace: Don’t rush Dylan Redwine investigation
TV host says circumstantial cases can win

By Chuck Slothower Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:30pm

TV host Nancy Grace said Monday prosecutors are wise to gather evidence and refine their case before bringing charges in the killing of Dylan Redwine.

Grace, in an interview with The Durango Herald, said she’s seen many older cases win convictions. With no witnesses, investigators don’t lose anything by waiting in the Redwine case, she said.

“This investigation can only get better,” Grace said. “They don’t have much, but it can only get better with the passage of time.”

Grace, who hosts the “Nancy Grace” show on the Headline News channel, has closely followed the case, airing segments on the investigation’s progress. She became popular for her aggressive takes on unsolved cases that often emphasize the victim’s point of view.

Before becoming a television personality, she spent more than a decade prosecuting violent felony cases at the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in Atlanta.

“I don’t know a lot, but I do know how to try a murder case,” she said.

Investigators found Dylan’s partial remains – pieces of bone – a year ago, confirming the match on June 27, 2013. It’s not known what other evidence they’ve gathered from repeated searches of the Vallecito area and Mark Redwine’s home. Mark Redwine has denied any involvement in Dylan’s death, and he has not been named a suspect.

Some supporters of Dylan Redwine’s family have publicly accused Mark of involvement in Dylan’s death, but Grace didn’t want to point fingers in Mark Redwine’s direction.

“I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that says the father did it,” she said.

La Plata County Sheriff Duke Schirard said last week the investigation is moving ahead.

“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” Schirard said.

Grace declined to criticize the investigation, which has been led by the Sheriff’s Office and assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

“I don’t think that there have been any missteps. I really don’t,” she said. “I feel like they are going in the right direction.”

Grace said the investigation, now well into its second year, appears to be reinvigorated. Charges could still be brought, she said.

“Many a case has been built on only circumstantial evidence,” she said.

cslothower@durangoherald.com

Justice for Dylan!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: July 01, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: July 04, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=713463528733266&id=124446657634959

La Plata County Mounted Patrol added 4 new photos.
19 hrs ·

June 22, 2014. Another day of a continuing search. Steeper terrain, slow going with lots of careful hand and foot placement in this area. Photo quality isn't the best as was taken with an older cell phone. We'll remember to take a much higher quality camera with us the next time we venture out.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July folks.

La Plata County Mounted Patrol Looking back up a descent route. Top of ridge is approximately 150 - 200' above where picture was taken.
19 hours ago

La Plata County Mounted Patrol Looking back at a ledge that we were on moments before.
19 hours ago

La Plata County Mounted Patrol Checking out lower ledges.
19 hours ago

La Plata County Mounted Patrol Yes, it's tough country, rough, steep and if not careful, unforgiving.
19 hours ago

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: July 06, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152518825673954&set=a.10151878762698954.1073741853.255354123953&type=1

Kevin Torres

Had a wonderful time catching up with many friends in Vallecito/Bayfield this weekend. Most of us met in an unfortunate way back in November of 2012 and we've all remained close since.

I don't recall ever seeing a community as strong as this one.

On my way out of town this morning I stopped by the Bayfield Cemetery to pay respects to the boy who brought everyone together.
1 hr

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152518825673954&set=a.10151878762698954.1073741853.255354123953&type=1

Kevin Torres

Had a wonderful time catching up with many friends in Vallecito/Bayfield this weekend. Most of us met in an unfortunate way back in November of 2012 and we've all remained close since.

I don't recall ever seeing a community as strong as this one.

On my way out of town this morning I stopped by the Bayfield Cemetery to pay respects to the boy who brought everyone together.
1 hr

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: July 11, 2014, 09:37:16 AM »

So many things in this article seem to ring true for Dylan's murder as well.  JMO

Too sad.   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328784/Why-fathers-killing-children-Top-criminologist-reveals-research-sickening-trend.html

Why ever more fathers are killing their children: Top criminologist reveals her research into this sickening trend

By Elizabeth Yardley

Published: 18:39 EST, 21 May 2013 | Updated: 12:27 EST, 22 May 2013

In murdering their children, they are, in some twisted way, wresting back control not just of their children, but often of their wives, too.

Killing their children is the most shocking and dramatic way they can think of to shout to the world: 'Look how powerful I am.'

In murder, many are also seeking the ultimate revenge. They know that in killing their children they are killing the things that are most precious to their former wives.

Horrifically, many of these men leave notes at the scene, blaming their ex-wife for the tragedy. Some even add the extra twist of writing: 'I hope you will be happy now.' 

Or maybe they postmark their first child support payment (ever) even though it hasn't been officially ordered yet...just to make sure SHE KNOWS what he's done?

Justice for Dylan!   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 14, 2014, 11:08:52 AM »

So many things in this article seem to ring true for Dylan's murder as well.  JMO

Too sad.   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328784/Why-fathers-killing-children-Top-criminologist-reveals-research-sickening-trend.html

Why ever more fathers are killing their children: Top criminologist reveals her research into this sickening trend

By Elizabeth Yardley

Published: 18:39 EST, 21 May 2013 | Updated: 12:27 EST, 22 May 2013

In murdering their children, they are, in some twisted way, wresting back control not just of their children, but often of their wives, too.

Killing their children is the most shocking and dramatic way they can think of to shout to the world: 'Look how powerful I am.'

In murder, many are also seeking the ultimate revenge. They know that in killing their children they are killing the things that are most precious to their former wives.

Horrifically, many of these men leave notes at the scene, blaming their ex-wife for the tragedy. Some even add the extra twist of writing: 'I hope you will be happy now.' 

Or maybe they postmark their first child support payment (ever) even though it hasn't been officially ordered yet...just to make sure SHE KNOWS what he's done?

Justice for Dylan!   

texasmom, so painfully true.
When people use children as pawns, it never ends well -- particularly for the children.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: July 14, 2014, 11:30:28 PM »

JUSTICE FOR DYLAN!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »

Jerry Redwine is Mark's brother (originally Whittington) that also took the Redwine name at some point.  I don't recall his ever speaking out or posting anywhere about the case since Dylan disappeared, so I thought it's interesting that he's speaking out now.  And considering his last statement, does he KNOW what happened to Dylan since he seems to be pointing a finger as well?

Justice for Dylan!   

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20140630/NEWS01/140639968/Nancy-Grace:-Don%E2%80%99t-rush-Dylan-Redwine-investigation-

From the comments:

Jerry Redwine · Technician at PPG
Anyone that has been following this case would know that this investigation may as well have been run bye " Barney Fifhe " La Plata County Sheriffs Dept. compromised any evidence the first week they Investigated this case and is now just drawing at Straws. If they spend as much time Investigating Certain ones in Colorado Springs I am sure they will find out more than they lead on knowing. They have not made an Arrest because they are focused on one person. The WRONG person. Circumstantial Evidence is why many innocent people are in prison now. Unless those who are pointing fingers KNOW what happened they should be the last one's pointing the finger AT ANYONE.....
July 12 at 7:21pm

https://www.facebook.com/WarriorsforDylan/posts/116222038568357

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan. Shortly after receiving Mark’s inquiry, Elaine, Cory and Mike traveled to Durango.

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: July 28, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

Good points imo, by the mother of one of Dylan's friends in Bayfield.

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/145988965571733?comment_id=145989648904998&offset=50&total_comments=83

Liz Herring-Tibbetts This is very simple...if he didn't do it and he had a chance to take a polygraph on national television with the world renowned polygrapher but avoided it, that is called circumstantial evidence of deception of some sort. Furthermore, where is the call to find the "real killer or killers"? Remember O.J.? If I had a child murdered, I would be OBSESSED with finding out who really did it, wouldn't you? Especially if it happened on my watch!!! There is a great deal of suspicious behavior here and circumstantial evidence in my opinion. And, it helps to NOT search the scene until days and weeks later. I cannot help but think that had there been an immediate search for evidence, this whole situation would be different.
July 30 at 10:43am

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/145988965571733?comment_id=145992232238073&offset=50&total_comments=83

Liz Herring-Tibbetts Mark is the one with no explanation or even a reasonable guess for the following:

1) Why did Dylan stop using his phone around 9?

2) Why didn't Dylan contact any of his friends in the morning?

3) Why wouldn't he get up to get a ride down to Bayfield when his whole goal the night before was to get down to Ryan's house?

4) Why didn't he call Mark to, at least, bitch at him for leaving him up there or ask for a ride or ask when he would be home? My KIDS would have called me probably more than once to complain!!!

5) Why did he only ask two of his buddies if they had seen him before calling Elaine? Let me ask you this...if you were in that kind of custody situation, and you thought the kid was alive and somewhere in town, wouldn't you ask EVERYONE before involving your ex? Furthermore, he went straight to Nando's....why? Dylan was supposed to be at Ryan's grandmother's house. And he said he went to Tristan's but Tristan said he was home and no one came by as far as he knows. And Mark actually tried to distance himself from that statement later. He didn't go by the other Wes' house which is a block from Nando's and Dylan spent a LOT of time there in the past and had even traveled with them before. He calls Elaine and goes to the Marshal's office before contacting all of us? And furthermore, in the past Dylan would be with people for days on end and Mark never checked on him but this time there was urgency? I will state again, as I have from the beginning that I did not feel he went TOO LATE to the Marshal but WAY TOO EARLY!!! These boys run all over this town playing in the river and at each other's houses so why sound the alarm before checking around? Because YOU KNOW THAT DYLAN IS NOT IN BAYFIELD! OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! He is the one who needs to explain these things, not Elaine.
July 30 at 11:45am

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/145988965571733?comment_id=145993245571305&offset=50&total_comments=83

Liz Herring-Tibbetts Proofreading the above, I forgot to mention why going to Nando's house was so suspicious. He didn't go to Ryan's grandma's house and later said he didn't know where it was but he had taken and picked up Dylan there before so he went to Nando's. That is particularly funny since Ryan had texted Dylan's phone saying that he was going to Nando's as he was tired of waiting at his grandma's for Dylan to show...so was someone in possession of Dyl's phone messages to know that Ryan would be at Nando's? Furthermore, did anyone else notice that Mark was way off on when he said he came into town to look for him? Ryan started texted messages for Dylan to call his dad right after contact with Mark but Mark says later that he went into Bayfield some two hours earlier than he actually did...around 2:30 when the boys said it was later than that. I think only a desperate person lies about what is easily proved later to be false....
July 30 at 12:10pm ·

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: August 06, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140805/NEWS01/140809761/Cadaver-dogs-get-new-training-aid-

Cadaver dogs get new training aid
Human teeth added to scent palette

By Dale Rodebaugh Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:30pm

Two cadaver dogs, including one used in the search for Dylan Redwine, get new sources of human scent to train on as quickly as handler Roy Vreeland finds them.

The latest training aid is the human tooth.

Vreeland, deputy chief of support services at Upper Pine Fire Protection District, trains Cayanne, a 6-year-old female Belgian Malinois who was used in the Redwine investigation, and Hannah, a 2-year-old Dutch shepherd.

Vreeland gets extracted teeth coated with dried blood from dentist Mason Miner, who has set aside teeth for Vreeland for a couple months.

Cayanne, also a tracker, has trained since puppyhood to recognize human scent on bones, blood and tissue but never teeth.

Hannah, the junior partner of the team, is only beginning to train as a tracker, but she looks promising as a cadaver dog. This week, she located a tree stump on Vreeland’s rural property on which he had emptied human fluid more than two years ago.

On a recent visit to Miner’s office to pick up teeth, Vreeland demonstrated the prowess of Cayanne. Out of her sight, Vreeland placed a tooth on the floor of the foyer outside Miner’s office, then gave a command.

Cayanne sniffed around for 20 seconds to find the tooth. Then she sat motionless to indicate the search was over.

Vreeland now will use teeth in training the two canines. They keep their skills sharp by doing something almost every day, he said.

He uses a 4-by-8-foot sheet of plywood with holes drilled in it. Behind some holes he places an object with human scent while other holes are empty or have an inanimate object with no scent.

Cadaver dogs have been found to be highly effective nationally in finding human remains, said Dan Bender, spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

“They’re another tool in the box,” Bender said. “They have helped us gather evidence for cases.”

Vreeland and Cayanne were at Vallecito Reservoir as soon as teenager Dylan Redwine was reported missing. She was a tracking dog initially but became a cadaver dog when the 13-year-old wasn’t found soon.

“In 2013, we were probably at Vallecito 50 to 60 times in all,” Vreeland said.

Dylan went missing Nov. 19, 2012, while on a visit with his father, Mark. Partial remains of the boy were found in 2013 on a remote section of Middle Mountain near Vallecito.

Vreeland and Cayanne have visited the mountain since to expand the search area. When Cayanne returns with no leads, it is almost certain there was no human scent there, Vreeland said.

The search for Dylan was Cayanne’s first experience as a cadaver dog, Vreeland said. But constant training keeps her prepared for another assignment.

“It’s been easier to get donations since the Dylan case,” Vreeland said. “Before, people were not quite so willing.”

Cayanne began training as a tracker when she was 8 to 10 weeks old.

“She was bored in the winter because we couldn’t get out much,” Vreeland said. “That’s when I started the cadaver training.”

daler@durangoherald.com

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald
Cayanne, a Belgian Malinois, alerts to the scent of human tissue while on a training exercise with her owner, Roy Vreeland, on his rural La Plata County property.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: August 09, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/posts/10202345705075365

Michael Hall‎ posted on Calling Mark Redwine
August 6 at 8:02am ·

Thank God for people like Roy! This man and Cayanne spent as many hours a week than most people work looking for Dylan. As of a year ago Cayanne had logged well over 2000 miles on that mountain searching for Dylan. Roy made a promise early on If Dylan is in the area he will be found. Unbelievable determination! I could never say enough or do enough for this man and K-9.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140805/NEWS01/140809761/Cadaver-dogs-get-new-training-aid-

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: August 09, 2014, 07:11:19 PM »

Thank God for people like Roy! This man and Cayanne spent as many hours a week than most people work looking for Dylan. As of a year ago Cayanne had logged well over 2000 miles on that mountain searching for Dylan. Roy made a promise early on If Dylan is in the area he will be found. Unbelievable determination! I could never say enough or do enough for this man and K-9.

There are lots of good people in this world -- we just seldom hear about them.

an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: August 09, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »

There are lots of good people in this world -- we just seldom hear about them.

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: August 21, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Justice for Dylan!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: August 21, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

an angelic monkey  Waiting for justice for Dylan  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: August 24, 2014, 08:48:49 PM »

Mark Redwine celebrated his 53rd birthday today.

He's still free.

WHY?

Justice for Dylan!   

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/photos/a.106616502842313.220.106616159509014/140079229496040/?type=1&theater

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: August 26, 2014, 07:25:50 AM »

Mark Redwine celebrated his 53rd birthday today.

He's still free.

WHY?

Justice for Dylan!   

https://www.facebook.com/DylanRedwineWarriors/photos/a.106616502842313.220.106616159509014/140079229496040/?type=1&theater

Why indeed!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:31 PM »

I hope eventually I'll agree with this opinion.

JUSTICE FOR DYLAN!   

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20140823/OPINION03/140829792/0/OPINION01/Sheriff%E2%80%99s-Office-rivals-those-in-the-big-city

Sheriff’s Office rivals those in the big city

Article Last Updated: Saturday, August 23, 2014 1:58pm

For more than 30 years, I’ve been actively involved in death investigations in jurisdictions large and small. It’s been almost universally my experience that law enforcement agencies in large jurisdictions that investigate a wealth of criminal deaths do a better and more thorough job than law enforcement agencies in small jurisdictions that investigate few criminal deaths.

The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is an exception.

I’ve been consistently impressed with the skill and dedication of the investigators as well as with the thoroughness of the investigations they conduct. I have sufficient respect for the office that if I ever decide to murder somebody, I’ll do it someplace else.

Exceptional performance is a function of leadership, and La Plata County is fortunate to have Sheriff Duke Schirard and the team he has assembled.

If I still lived in La Plata County, Duke would have my vote. I hope you’ll give him yours.

Carol J. Huser

Chestertown, MD

Editor’s note: Huser is a former La Plata County coroner.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.