April 26, 2024, 09:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $5,000 fine for hiring citizen over illegal...  (Read 2918 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 30, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »

Two Senators and an Amnesty Bill
Submitted by may on June 29, 2013 - 12:09am
Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are both sons of Cuban immigrants.  We thought both Senators were in favor of securing our borders before addressing the handling of the illegal immigrants who already reside in the United States.

Senator Ted Cruz read the 1,200-page Amnesty Bill before he voted on the bill.  Senator Cruz spoke intelligently on the bill from the Senate floor and notified his fellow Senators of a provision in the bill that fines employers $5,000 for hiring a US citizen preferentially to an illegal alien.  As we expected, this Amnesty Bill is just as bad as the ObamaCare bill.  Senator Cruz stated,

“I filed an amendment that would have corrected one of the most egregious aspects of the gang of eight bill as it intersects with Obamacare legislation, namely a penalty imposed on U.S. employers for hiring U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. This bill says if an employer hires a citizen or a legal immigrant, the IRS can impose a $5,000 penalty on that employer. But if the employer instead hires someone with RPI status, that penalty will go away. That is utterly and completely indefensible.”

“Nobody in this body wants to see African-American unemployment go up. Nobody wants to see Hispanic unemployment go up, youth unemployment go up, union household unemployment go up, legal immigrant unemployment go up. Yet every one of those will happen if this Gang of Eight bill passes without fixing this problem. If that happens, all 100 members of the U.S. Senate will be accountable to our constituents for explaining why we voted to put a federal penalty on hiring U.S. citizens and hiring legal immigrants. I hope this body will choose to pass my amendment and fix this grave defect in the Gang of Eight legislation.”

A number of Florida residents are angry about the actions of Senator Rubio, especially since it has become known that there is a $5,000 penalty for hiring a US citizen instead of an illegal alien.  Some Florida residents are so angry they have started a recall petition.  Tim Brown of Freedom Outpost wrote,

read more here - http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/may/2013-06-29/two-cubans-and-amnesty-bill#.UdCZofmcfkM

Genocide? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »

It was a fiasco -- the worst possible result: A terribly flawed bill that, of all the GOP's Senate superstars, only Marco Rubio could support. All the other rising stars -- Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and John Thune -- voted "no," as did Leader McConnell and Whip Cornyn. Worse yet, the jam down created a toxic environment around immigration reform, greatly complicating if not dooming the effort in the House for this session.

For reasons I discussed with Bill Kristol (transcript here) and Mark Steyn (transcript here) on the day of the vote, the Speaker needs to find a way to distance the House from the Senate train wreck. Perhaps a quick vote down would be the best way, or a "no" vote on the same day the House passes its own "first step" border security bill. Who knows? As Robert Costa notes this morning, the Speaker plays his own game. But the Senate bill is political poison, and the Speaker and the Leader have no intention of surrendering their majority by embracing this fiasco of a bill.

How much of a fiasco? Read my interview from Wednesday with a very good guy and a serious conservative, Senator John Hoeven of North Dakota. It is pretty clear he got terrible advice on how statutes actually work when interpreted by the courts, and worse advice on what the fence meant to border security conservatives. We too often assume that legislators actually know how the laws they think they are drafting will actually work. There wasn't a member of Congress in the early '70s who knew how the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, and Clean Air Acts would turn out to be twisted engines of anti-growth extremism, and as the Hoeven interview made clear, one of the authors of the key amendment actually thought he was mandating a fence that would work when he was doing exactly the opposite.

No jobs for Americans and those here legally...

read more here - http://townhall.com/columnists/hughhewitt/2013/06/28/immigration-reform-yes-senate-bill-no-10-takeaways-from-the-senate-fiasco-n1629925/page/full

It seems like politicians and big corporate interests have exported as many American jobs as possible over a few decades...

Now it seems, the few jobs that are left, they plan to import as many foreigners as possible to overwhelm the American worker.

What is wrong with this picture?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »

Not just the US -

Open Invitation To Plunder?

"Stand up for Canada, pull the plug on immigration fraud"

As Canada Day approaches I reflect on how we could give back to this great country that has so enthusiastically thrown open its doors to us.  Yes, we have our ups and downs with ‘work’ and ‘weather’ but for the most part our lives here are as happy or unfulfilled as we’d like to think of it. Few are blessed with the kind of luck that gives you a job in your chosen field or at the level or salary you think you deserve. But somewhere along the way the abundant greenery, the beautiful seasons and the warm hearts almost make it worthwhile. And hopefully some day we can look back with a smile and say ‘Yes, we made it”.

Minister Jason Kenney’s recent request for public input on immigration levels and mix floats to the top of the generous pile of suggestions my mind instantly conjures up...To me taking unfair advantage of loop holes in the immigration system and bending the rules to suit individual needs, is far more frightening than one or two ethnic groups becoming the visible minority. And immigration fraud seems to reach across all ethnicities. For one the “everybody’s doing it why should I be left behind” argument just doesn’t fly with me.

We all know of someone (often more than one individual) who is unabashedly flouting rules because either the authorities are slow to catch on or the ingenious immigrant mind keeps finding new ways to exploit the system...

Absentee permanent residents seem to top the list of immigration problems. The ‘main’ bread winner won’t leave his/her plush job in another country ‘for the fear of being unemployed or underemployed in Canada‘ and nor will he/she declare his true income (that’s assuming any of it is declared). In the meanwhile the family enjoys all the benefits instituted for the less privileged...

Then there is the open misuse of the “free healthcare” where certain individuals only live here long enough to cover all their medical needs. Here the authorities have to share the blame. The system seems to be unable to keep track of whose fulfilling their ‘stay’ requirements and who’s not...

read more here - http://canindia.com/2013/06/stand-up-for-canada-pull-the-plug-on-immigration-fraud/

How many immigrants go to their home country and leave behind EBT and other benefits?  Perhaps sell them? 

How many come here just for free healthcare?  Contribute nothing?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.