March 29, 2024, 05:31:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 464796 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #480 on: July 23, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396767820264.144727.555378941155380/669923139700959/?type=3&permPage=1

Justice for Dylan!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:08:23 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: July 23, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »

Hello everyone! So excited Mark Redwine has been arrested¡!!!!!!!!!
Will try to check in later! Miss you guys!

Hey Darla!   Me too!  Alright alright alright!!!   Thank you to texasmom who kept Dylan's thread updated and to her and everyone that never gave up hope.  Justice For Dylan!!  

Yes, so exciting, MuffyBee!  

You're welcome.  Thank you all for supporting Dylan and his family too.  I know they appreciate all of our efforts and our prayers.

They still have a long road to Justice for Dylan, and peace.  But I hope they rest easier knowing Dylan's murderer is behind bars.

You know Mark's probably missing his self medications in the worst way by now.    Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: July 23, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »

I just had to stop by and tell Texasmom thank you for never giving up
or going away for this little boys sake. Keeping the name in the social media is so improtant and you certainly did that.
Finally, they have evidence and arrest the bastard!

Never give up is the message, never ever give up.

Thank you, Kermit!   

Absolutely, never give up.   

Standing with Dylan's loved ones every step of the way. 
Justice for Dylan!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: July 23, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/denver7-legal-analyst-on-dylan-redwine-case-most-harmful-evidence-against-father-is-sons-blood

Denver7 legal analyst on Dylan Redwine case: Most harmful evidence against father is son's blood
Tony Kovaleski, Eric Goody, Oscar Contreras
4:40 PM, Jul 23, 2017
3 hours ago

DENVER -- In less than 24 hours, Mark Redwine, a Colorado father accused of killing his teenage son, will stand before a judge in Washington state.

Redwine was arrested Saturday in Bellingham, Wash., after a grand jury indicted him on charges of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in connection with the 2012 death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine.

Almost five years after the boy disappeared, prosecutors say they now have the man they believe is responsible for the killing.

Denver7 legal analyst Dan Recht reviewed the grand jury indictment that was released after the suspect was arrested.

Speaking with Denver7 chief investigative reporter Tony Kovaleski, Recht said the prosecution has a good amount of damning evidence.

“To you, what is the most damning evidence the prosecution has right now?” asked Kovaleski.

“The most harmful evidence the prosecution has right against Mark Redwine is Dylan’s blood found in many places in Mark’s house and truck,” said Recht.

Redwine’s arrest and details revealed in the indictment confirmed to family members what they believed since Dylan disappeared back in November 2012, shortly after the teenager arrived in La Plata County for a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit with his dad.

When Kovaleski asked how strong the case against Redwine was given the evidence, Recht said it was a strong circumstantial case.

“When you start to put all the pieces together, it starts to look like a convincing puzzle,” Recht told Kovaleski.

Redwine is scheduled for his first court appearance in Whatcom County Superior Court in Bellingham, Wash., on Monday at 3 p.m., where he will officially learn he’s charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Each charge could bring 48 years in prison.

Redwine will also have to answer if he will waive extradition. If he says yes, that will get him back to Colorado faster and start the speed trial clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdt3ofWwKjw

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Wdt3ofWwKjw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Wdt3ofWwKjw</a>
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:29:23 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »

https://the-journal.com/articles/58337

Mark Redwine arrested in connection with death of son

Charges include second-degree murder and child abuse
By Shane Benjamin Herald Staff Writer
Saturday, July 22, 2017 4:07 PM Updated 1 day 2 hours ago

Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan Redwine, was arrested Saturday in Bellingham, Washington, after a grand jury indictment in connection with his son’s 2012 death.

He is being held on a $1 million cash-only bail. He faces charges of second-degree murder and child abuse.

Dylan Redwine was 13 when he disappeared from his father’s home November 2012 in Vallecito. His partial remains were found in June 2013 on Middle Mountain. His death was ruled a homicide.

Mark Redwine was named a person of interest in the death, but he had not been charged previously. He has maintained his innocence during the past 4½ years.

Efforts to reach Durango lawyer Christian Hatfield, who has represented Mark Redwine in past legal matters, were unsuccessful Saturday.

A La Plata County grand jury was impaneled Monday and returned indictments Thursday, finding probable cause to charge Redwine in connection with his son’s death. He is expected to face extradition proceedings in Washington before being brought to Durango, where he will be advised of the charges.

To be found guilty of second-degree murder, prosecutors must prove a person knowingly caused the death of another person.

The four-page indictment offers a narrative of the 4½-year investigation, including details never made public during the first year of Dylan’s disappearance. The grand jury indicted based on several key factors:

Dylan’s blood was found in his father’s living room.
A cadaver dog detected a deceased person had been in the living room and in the bed of Redwine’s pickup.
Dylan’s skull was found in November 2015 just off Middle Mountain Road and had what appeared to be knife markings.
The skull appears to have been moved from a previous location, where earlier remains were found.
The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office will hold a news conference at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the county’s Administration Building, 1101 East Second Ave., to provide further details and answer questions.

The murder investigation gained national attention, including a two-part “Dr. Phil” show that aired in May 2015 that featured Mark Redwine, his ex-wife, Elaine Hatfield Hall, and Dylan’s older brother, Cory Redwine.

In a phone interview Saturday with The Durango Herald, Hall said it has been her family’s mission for nearly five years to see Mark Redwine arrested. She credited a new sheriff and district attorney for securing the indictment.

“I’m glad this day has finally arrived,” Hall said. “It’s been a long, arduous journey. There will never be closure, because my son will still be dead, unfortunately. But it’s encouraging we’re taking this step in the right direction.”

Hall said she isn’t surprised by the details contained in the indictment, but they have never been put together so clearly.

She declined to speculate about what Redwine might be thinking or feeling in jail.

“He killed my 13-year-old son,” she said. “His discomfort is not my concern.”

She added: “We’ll keep doing what we have to do to move toward a trial and ultimately a conviction. ... I just want to thank everybody who has been working on this case.”

Earlier this year, Mark Redwine criticized the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office for not doing more to find his son’s remains. He planned to organize a seven-day community search Aug. 4-11 on Middle Mountain, northeast of Vallecito Reservoir, where some of Dylan’s remains were found in June 2013.

Shelly Watson, who was coordinating the search on Mark Redwine’s behalf, seemed to distance herself from Redwine on Saturday.

“Mark and I are not friends,” she said. “It doesn’t bother me at all. He got arrested, so they must have evidence.”

Watson met Redwine earlier this year while learning how to drive trucks. Redwine, who was her trainer, spoke of his son’s disappearance during their third week they were working together. At the time, Watson expressed doubt about Redwine’s involvement, saying Dylan’s disappearance and the finding of his remains seemed consistent with a wildlife attack.

“It didn’t make sense that this person sitting next to me could quite possibly pull off the perfect murder,” Watson said during a June interview with the Herald. “I mean, look at the guy: He’s disheveled and sometimes disorganized; I could see how people would judge that, because of the way he looked.”

On Saturday, Watson said she still plans to search Middle Mountain for Dylan’s remains, although she hasn’t spoken with the Sheriff’s Office since Redwine’s arrest.

“The search wasn’t to vindicate Mark,” she said. “... It wasn’t to put him in jail, it wasn’t to do anything. It has nothing to do with Mark. It has to do with Dylan – finding Dylan’s remains.”

Sheriff Sean Smith seemed to downplay the need for a search.

“I do not believe that we need to be involved in a search at this point,” he said Saturday. “If a search is organized for a certain purpose, we will have our team find out what the goals of the search are and coordinate as necessary.”

The sheriff said it was a “cumulative” effort that led to Redwine’s arrest, including recent developments, which he declined to expound upon.

Redwine’s arrest is the end of one chapter but the beginning of what is expected to be a long judicial process.

“We’re thankful that we got here,” Smith said. “We’re eager for the judicial process to play out, but it’s going to be a long road from here.”

He commended deputies and investigators who have worked on the case for 4½ years.

“Our team is proud of the work that they have put in to try to bring justice to the case,” he said. “Obviously, a time like this helps reinforce that.”

District Attorney Christian Champagne called it a “good day for the whole community,” and said he looks forward to resolving the case.

“We’re working to bring justice to Dylan Redwine and his family,” he said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2017, 12:46:32 AM »

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/crime/article163227953.html

JULY 23, 2017 5:46 PM
Colorado father accused in son’s death set to appear in Whatcom County Superior Court
BY JOHN MANGALONZO
jmangalonzo@bhamherald.com

Mark Allen Redwine, the Colorado man arrested in Bellingham Friday night in connection with the murder of his 13-year-old son Dylan Redwine in November 2012, will appear in Whatcom County Superior Court at 3 p.m. Monday, according to jail officials.

Redwine, 55, was booked into the Whatcom County Jail early Saturday on warrants issued by the Sixth Judicial District in Durango, Colo., for second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. He is being held on a $1 million cash-only bond.

“He’s a long-haul trucker and he had a delivery to make there (when he was arrested),” Megan Graham, public affairs officer for La Plata County, Colo., said in a brief phone interview Sunday afternoon.

Graham said La Plata County Sheriff’s officials communicated the possible direction Redwine was taking with the Bellingham Police Department as well as the Washington State Patrol.

“Because we understood his (Redwine’s) general plan but we didn’t know specifically, so as soon as we knew it was going to be Bellingham, then your Bellingham Police Department was able to take Mr. Redwine into custody without incident,” Graham said.

Bellingham Police Sgt. Mike Scanlon said officers pulled over Redwine’s truck at about 10:42 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Orchard Drive, near Bellingham Cold Storage.

“He was taken into custody without incident,” Scanlon said Sunday. “It’s my understanding that La Plata County deputies were en route, actually I spoke to some that were en route, to speak to him. They have not since checked in but that doesn’t mean they have not come and gone.”

Scanlon said Redwine had a companion in the truck, a driver trainee, who was not involved in the case and was released. The truck was not impounded and was released to the company that owns it.

Graham’s unsure what will take place in court Monday, but “that would be his first appearance, in my understanding.”

“I don’t have the details on how it’s going to unroll procedurally after that,” she said. “The goal is, from our end, from our district attorney’s and sheriff’s perspective, the goal is to get Mr. Redwine back to La Plata County as quickly and as expeditiously as we can.”

Redwine will be advised of his charges in a La Plata County court following his extradition from Whatcom County, Graham said. He has denied involvement in his son’s death.

Authorities named Redwine a “person of interest” in the case in August 2015.

“I understand how difficult a case like this is to prosecute, to come with all the evidence and make sure everything sticks Elaine Hall, Dylan’s mother, told the Colorado Springs Gazette. “It’s something we’ve been waiting for, to get justice for Dylan. It’s never easy when any of this starts unfolding because we know an arrest will not bring Dylan back.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2017, 12:57:34 AM »

https://the-journal.com/articles/58476-dylan-redwine-x2019-s-mother-x2018-it-was-such-a-senseless-crime-x2019

Dylan Redwine’s mother: ‘It was such a senseless crime’

Teen’s father arrested after grand jury indicts him on charges of second-degree murder
Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:40 PM Updated 1 hour 52 minutes ago

Dylan Redwine didn’t want to visit his father in November 2012. But he didn’t have a choice.

A court order granted Mark Redwine visitation rights over the Thanksgiving holiday, and Redwine chose to exercise those rights in 2012.

Dylan, who was living with his mother in Colorado Springs, decided to make the best of it. He planned to spend as much time as possible with friends in Bayfield, where he used to live. He boarded the plane Nov. 18, 2012, with mixed emotions.

“He gave me a big old hug, and I told him I loved him,” his mother, Elaine Hall, said during an interview Sunday with The Durango Herald.

It was the last time she would see her son alive.

“I think about it every day,” Hall said.

Mark Redwine was arrested Saturday in Bellingham, Washington, 4½ years after his son’s death. A La Plata County grand jury indicted Redwine last week on suspicion of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

A booking photo released Saturday shows Redwine with disheveled hair and blood-shot eyes. He is expected to face extradition proceedings in Washington before being brought to Durango, where he will be advised of the charges.

“He’s evil, he’s always been evil and he looks evil,” Hall said, referring to her ex-husband’s booking photo. “I’m sure the guilt over the last couple of years had to eat at him.”

Pete Klismet, a former FBI criminal profiler, told the Herald on Sunday that when he was asked to build a profile around a suspect, it did not take him long to identify Redwine.

“It was an inescapable conclusion,” Klismet said.

In an interview Saturday, La Plata County Sheriff Sean Smith said it was a “cumulative” effort that led to Redwine’s arrest, including recent developments, which he declined to expound upon.

Hall has a different view: She credits a new sheriff and a new district attorney for giving the case new life.

“I feel like the former DA – this is not something he wanted to do on his watch,” she said. “And in retrospect, I’m grateful. I’m grateful we waited for a new DA.”

District Attorney Christian Champagne said he looks forward to resolving the case.

“We’re working to bring justice to Dylan Redwine and his family and work toward bringing closure and resolving this case for our community,” he said.

Former District Attorney Todd Risberg said his office worked the case since the day it happened. “Everybody who knows this case is glad we waited,” he said. “There are reasons we waited.”

Klismet said Sunday he was surprised to learn about Redwine’s arrest on Saturday.

“I actually wondered at times if there was going to be a charge,” Klismet said. “I was wondering if they had evidence to charge him.”

Klismet worked on the case before Dylan’s skull was found Nov. 1, 2015. Newly elected Sheriff Sean Smith told him the Redwine case would be his “single most important priority.”

Hall described Dylan as a typical 13-year-old boy in some respects: He liked video games, playing catch with his older brother and exploring the outdoors. But he also had a heightened sense of awareness for other people’s feelings, his mother said.

“He was easy to raise, because he was so compassionate,” Hall said.

Dylan and his father had a normal relationship leading up to his parents’ divorce in 2007. But over the years, Mark Redwine rarely exercised his visitation rights and became out-of-touch with his son’s interests, she said. (Redwine told investigators Dylan was watching Nickelodeon the morning of his disappearance, but Dylan hadn’t watched Nickelodeon for years, she said.)

Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his mother, brother and grandmother, who had been ill, she said.

“He knew he had to go, unfortunately,” Hall said Sunday. “He knew this is what the judge had decided.”

Hall does not blame former 6th Judicial District Judge Dickinson for the visitation order – “Judge Dickinson didn’t kill Dylan, Mark did,” she said – but she said mature 13-year-olds like her son should have more say when it comes to visitation.

“I don’t think anyone will know what happened that night, unfortunately,” she said. “... Mark will never say.

“This was such a senseless crime,” she said. “I hate the way it’s ending; I hate the way it’s unfolding. He (Dylan) put a bright spot in our lives, and now that’s gone.”

shane@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:23 PM »

He started to speak when the judge asked him if he had any questions about why he was being held...he said..."wellllll..." and the lawyer started talking to him, my guess telling him to hush.   

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174750-mark-redwine-waives-extradition-in-washington-state

Mark Redwine waives extradition in Washington state

Father suspected of murder to return to La Plata County to face charges
Monday, July 24, 2017 4:46 PM

A screenshot of a live streaming done by 9News in Denver shows Mark Redwine and his lawyer in Whatcom County Court on Monday afternoon.

Courtesy of 9News

A screenshot of a live streaming done by 9News in Denver shows Mark Redwine and his lawyer in Whatcom County Court on Monday afternoon.

Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, waived his right to an extradition hearing Monday in a Washington state courtroom, meaning the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office can retrieve him to face possible charges in Durango.

Redwine appeared in a blue jail-issued jumpsuit and remained silent during the hearing, letting his lawyer speak on his behalf.

Had Redwine contested extradition, prosecutors would have had to prove the person appearing in court is Mark Redwine, the person who faces indictment of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in the state of Colorado.

Bail remains set at $1 million cash only.

shane@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »

The question wasn't asked of Mark in the live feed I watched.
The local prosecutor only mentioned that Colorado had started the process...now this...hmmmm  

https://twitter.com/TonyKovaleski/status/889634008308604928

Tony Kovaleski Verified account
@TonyKovaleski
Investigative Reporter/Denver7

Major development! Mark Redwine will fight extradition to Colorado! Accused of killing his teenage son nearly 5 years ago! @DenverChannel
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:57:56 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2017, 08:01:08 PM »

https://twitter.com/TonyKovaleski/status/889635635816005636

Tony Kovaleski ‏Verified account
@TonyKovaleski 
Investigative Reporter/Denver7
46 minutes ago

More Redwine details. He did not agree to extradition. It will now be discussed during next hearing Aug 17 in Washington. @DenverChannel

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/9Storytellers/status/888889999445303296

Nelson Garcia‏ @9Storytellers  Jul 22
Dylan Redwine's mother says the arrest of Mark Redwine for her son's 2012 murder was a long time coming. "I knew from day one." #9News

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

He started to speak when the judge asked him if he had any questions about why he was being held...he said..."wellllll..." and the lawyer started talking to him, my guess telling him to hush.  

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174750-mark-redwine-waives-extradition-in-washington-state

Mark Redwine waives extradition in Washington state

Father suspected of murder to return to La Plata County to face charges
Monday, July 24, 2017 4:46 PM

Courtesy of 9News

Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, waived his right to an extradition hearing Monday in a Washington state courtroom, meaning the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office can retrieve him to face possible charges in Durango.

Redwine appeared in a blue jail-issued jumpsuit and remained silent during the hearing, letting his lawyer speak on his behalf.

Had Redwine contested extradition, prosecutors would have had to prove the person appearing in court is Mark Redwine, the person who faces indictment of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in the state of Colorado.

shane@durangoherald.com

Same link, article edited

Mark Redwine to remain in Washington state for now

Extradition hearing set for Aug. 17
Monday, July 24, 2017 4:46 PM Updated 53 minutes ago

Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, appeared Monday in a Washington state courtroom for what amounted to an informal advisement of charges and bail hearing.

La Plata County government officials said Monday’s hearing would be a chance for Redwine to waive his right to an extradition – in which a felony suspect is moved from one state to another – but there was some confusion about whether Redwine was ever given the opportunity to waive his right to the hearing.

Instead, a new court date was set for 8:30 a.m. Aug. 17 (PST), at which time Redwine is expected to waive extradition or fight extradition. Either way, the 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office is preparing a governor’s warrant in the event Redwine decides to fight extradition.

A governor’s warrant aims to demonstrate probable cause for the crimes alleged and show that Mark Redwine is the person connected to those crimes.

Redwine appeared in a blue jail-issued jumpsuit and remained mostly silent during the 11-minute hearing, letting his lawyer speak on his behalf. He appeared by video teleconferencing from a detention center in Washington.

The presiding judge asked Redwine if he had any questions about why he is being detained. After a brief, inaudible conversation with his attorney, Redwine said, “No, your honor. I don’t.”

A La Plata County grand jury has indicted Redwine on suspicion of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in the state of Colorado.

shane@durangoherald.com
An earlier version of this story erred in explaining Mark Redwine had waived extradition from Washington state to Colorado. La Plata County officials said the hearing would be about extraditing him, but Mark Redwine was never asked if he waived extradition and it was believed he was not contesting it. The extradition issue is expected to be taken up Aug. 17.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:24:57 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/fbi-profiler-helped-in-arrest-of-dylan-redwine-father

Dylan Redwine's brother details 'disgusting' photos they saw of father; profiler helped detectives
Pete Klismet: "No doubt" Mark Redwine killed son

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A former FBI profiler who reviewed the Dylan Redwine murder investigation helped lead police to arrest the 13-year-old's father, and the boy’s brother says they saw lewd photos of their father involved in bizarre acts before Dylan went missing.

"We're talking about a guy that's probably a registered psychopath narcissist," said Pete Klismet, a criminal profiling consultant and author who is now writing a textbook on violent crime. "He thinks he is smarter than everyone else."

La Plata County investigators hired Klismet in 2015 to review the evidence in the disappearance and murder of Dylan Redwine, which Klismet said he knew little about before the request.

After months of poring over the case, he had a clear answer.

"I simply wanted to look at everything I could look at, and try to figure out who did this. And it was an inescapable conclusion that it was Mark," said Klismet, who declined to talk about the specifics of the evidence.

The indictment also said that Dylan Redwine and his older brother, Cory Redwine, had seen compromising photos of their father and that Dylan planned to confront him about them.

Family members said they believe this may have been what set off Mark Redwine's temper.

"I have seen the photos," said Cory Redwine. "It shows him wearing women's clothes and makeup and a diaper and then eating his feces from the diaper. It was disgusting. We couldn't believe it."

If that provoked Mark Redwine into a rage, Klismet said, more details may come out in court, but he said he is certain Mark will not plead guilty.

I believe they've got a strong case," said Klismet. "There is no question in my mind that this case will go to trial. Mark will not plead guilty because he's a narcissist. He believes he can lie his way out of everything."

Klismet said that Mark Redwine's version of what happened—that Dylan was somehow kidnapped—has a mathematical likelihood of close to zero.

Cory Redwine discussed the case further Monday afternoon with Denver7, and said he was happy his brother was finally getting justice.

“It’s exciting to know that justice is coming for my little brother,” said Cory Redwine, who called the arrest “bittersweet.”

“I’m obviously excited. I believe they have the right man, but it’s still sad that we even have to go through this,” he added.

From the beginning, Cory says he suspected his father was involved in Dylan’s disappearance.

“We didn’t know what the outcome would be, but we’ve always known that Mark was in some way, shape or form involved in this,” he told Denver7.

He said the photos were “disturbing”, but that they were likely just the beginning of the confrontation between his brother and his father, who Cory says had a violent temper.

“I think Dylan had a lot more than just pictures that he wanted to get across to Mark,” said Cory, who said he believes his father may be mentally ill. “He’s just a sick person, but he’s fully aware of his actions, and he’s fine with being that person. If that’s how he wants to live his life, then well, we can see where that gets you. He’s where he belongs.”

https://twitter.com/DenverChannel/status/889630190569181188

Denver7 News
‏Verified account
@DenverChannel 
3 hours ago

NEW: Dylan Redwine's brother details 'disgusting' photos they saw of father http://bit.ly/2eJ53pE  via @jaclynreporting, who will have more

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

Yeah, I imagine some of the inmates will think he's a good guy too.   Monkey Devil! 

Justice for Dylan!   an angelic monkey

https://twitter.com/EmilyAReports/status/889614741789966336

Emily Allen FOX31‏
Verified account
@EmilyAReports 
4 hours ago

According to arrest documents: Mark Redwine told coworker he planned to form a search party upon his return to CO to look for Dylan #KDVR

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2017, 06:39:55 AM »

FYI, Cory is Dylan's brother, not half brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5DRL0ByL0

Dylan Redwine's brother details 'disgusting' photos they saw of father; profiler helped detectives
Denver7 – The Denver Channel

Published on Jul 24, 2017
A former FBI profiler who reviewed the Dylan Redwine murder investigation helped lead police to arrest the 13-year-old's father, and the boys brother says they saw lewd photos of their father involved in bizarre acts before Dylan went missing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BH5DRL0ByL0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/BH5DRL0ByL0</a>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:48:29 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:13 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S91I8EyLLHs

Mark Redwine Bellingham, Washington court appearance
Denver7 – The Denver Channel

Published on Jul 24, 2017
Mark Redwine will remain held on a $1 million bond in northeastern Washington while he awaits extradition back to Colorado on murder and child abuse charges related to the 2012 death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S91I8EyLLHs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/S91I8EyLLHs</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »

http://co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/STATEMENT_christian_champagne_072517.pdf

Office of the District Attorney
Christian Champagne, District Attorney
6th Judicial District
Serving La Plata, Archuleta, and San Juan Counties

PRESS STATEMENT: Mark Redwine indictment and arrest

July 25, 2017

This case represents a terrible tragedy, a family’s worst nightmare. When Dylan disappeared in 2012,
we all lost something very special. The Redwine family lost a special, beautiful young man. And many of
us in our community lost our sense of trust, safety, and security for ourselves and our children.

Since that day, we have not stopped working to bring justice for Dylan Redwine, his family, and this
entire community. We have endlessly analyzed the evidence, and I and my predecessor have had to
make the tough decision to exercise the patience necessary to build the strongest possible case. Our
patience has paid off, and we now believe we have the evidence we need to move forward.

This entire community has been committed to bringing justice for Dylan Redwine since he disappeared
in 2012. This dedication reaches far outside the community and we are honored to have investigators
and prosecutors from the 1st and 20th Judicial Districts working alongside our office on this important
case.

The grand jury indictment affirms for me that our community’s pursuit of justice for Dylan has been
worth every bit of effort – the exhaustive searches, the meticulous evidence gathering, the painstaking
analysis.

Now we will bring the quest for justice in Dylan Redwine’s death to the judicial process. We are very
confident that the case our expansive team built will bring about the resolution that Dylan, his family
and loved ones, and the community as a whole deserve.

Through this next phase, the 6th Judicial Attorney’s Office will work to bring justice for Dylan, his family,
and this community. Justice requires that, as we move forward, the process is fair to all involved, and
that the integrity and impartiality of the justice system is protected.

Every day as we have worked on this case, we have remembered that a young boy lost his life. The very
least we can do is bring justice for that deep loss, and help our community heal in the process.

https://www.facebook.com/6thJudicialDistrictDA/photos/a.1388386721252683.1073741829.1384995361591819/1389577544466934

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:57:57 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNs6rSyedJo

La Plata County DA discusses murder charges against Dylan Redwine's father
KRQE

Published on Jul 25, 2017
La Plata County DA discusses murder charges against Dylan Redwine's father

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VNs6rSyedJo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/VNs6rSyedJo</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »

http://lpcso.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/La%20Plata%20County%20Sheriff%27s%20Office%20Migration/STATEMENT_sean_smith_072517.pdf

LA PLATA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Sean Smith, Sheriff

PRESS STATEMENT: Mark Redwine indictment and arrest

July 25, 2017

Good afternoon and thank you for being here. As you heard a moment ago my name is Sean Smith and I
am the La Plata County Sheriff. We are here today to discuss the indictment and arrest of Mark
Redwine for the 2012 death of his son Dylan, who was 13 years old when he died while visiting his
father. The loss of this young man was very traumatic for our community and I believe that we all share
in the grief that Dylan’s mother Elaine and all of his loved ones are experiencing.

This investigation has often been referred to as the “Journey to Justice for Dylan” and that is exactly
what it is. Mark’s arrest last Friday night in Washington just before midnight represents the end of one
road and the beginning of another on this journey. My team is very proud of the work they have done
to get us to this point, however we recognize that there is a legal process ahead and we will remain
committed to the end.

After 4 ½ years, I know many have questioned the length of this investigation but I believe it tells a
powerful story. The length of the investigation shows just how committed our team of investigators has
been, never giving up and keeping the goal of Justice for Dylan in sight every day! This team put in
countless hours ensuring that no stone was left unturned because they were committed to finding
justice for a 13 year old young man whose life was lost over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2012!

I want to take this time to recognize the Investigators that have been the heart and soul of this
investigation. Without the commitment of this group of professionals we would not be here today. Lt.
Tonya Golbricht, Sgt. Jim Ezzell, Sgt. Tom Cowing are here representing our team.

From the outset, this investigation has been a team effort. In addition to the men and women of the La
Plata County Sheriff’s Office we have received assistance from the more than 30 agencies you see listed
on the screen today.

We also would not be here today without the support we received from the amazing volunteers in this
community. This tragedy has demonstrated the strength of our community and what we can do when
we come together with a common goal: Justice for Dylan Redwine.

https://www.facebook.com/laplatacountysheriff/photos/a.790882677631636.1073741828.772338199486084/1517768664943030

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »

talk about keeping close to the vest

from the above posted article
https://the-journal.com/articles/58337

Dylan’s blood was found in his father’s living room.
A cadaver dog detected a deceased person had been in the living room and in the bed of Redwine’s pickup.
Dylan’s skull was found in November 2015 just off Middle Mountain Road and had what appeared to be knife markings.
The skull appears to have been moved from a previous location, where earlier remains were found.
The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office will hold a news conference at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the county’s Administration Building, 1101 East Second Ave., to provide further details and answer questions.

The sheriff said it was a “cumulative” effort that led to Redwine’s arrest, including recent developments, which he declined to expound upon.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.