April 23, 2024, 08:18:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 469644 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »

http://gazette.com/parallels-drawn-between-prosecutions-in-dylan-redwine-nicholls-childrens-killings/article/1608124

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/mark-redwines-extradition-hearing-fizzles-next-court-date-on-aug-17

Mark Redwine's extradition hearing fizzles; next court date on Aug. 17

Mark Belcher, Jace Larson
5:13 PM, Aug 2, 2017

WASHINGTON — A scheduled hearing that would have seen Mark Redwine waive extradition and return to Colorado to face charges in the state fizzled on Monday when the hearing was canceled unexpectedly.

Court records show Redwine and his representatives were slated to appear to waive extradition, which would have expedited the alleged killer's return to Colorado, but despite expectations by Whatcom County prosecutors, Redwine did not go through with the hearing.

"We were led to believe the defendant was waiving extradition from his attorney, but it did not happen," Whatcom County Prosecutor Dave McEachran told Denver7 Investigates.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:25 PM »

If you read the article carefully, Mark's not planning anything.  Some other person that apparently doesn't know an attack by wildlife was ruled out is helping him out.  But who knows maybe it will be good for Mark to spend a little time with law enforcement, especially since they're not interested in talking to him on the phone.   

Mark spent seven months giving interviews on his front porch gazing up to the area on Middle Mountain where Dylan's partial remains were eventually found.  He was invited by law enforcement to attend that search, but skipped town right before it started and went to Indiana!  He's been pointing to himself as Dylan's murderer since day one!!!  Elaine didn't need LE to name him the POI as firepower to call him a murderer, she hasn't hesitated to do it since they found the remains in June 2013.  He's such a drama queen, it's sickening!

Remember also, Mark has a pattern of coming out of hiding to poke at LE and attempt to appear concerned in the media right before big things happen in this case.  Hoping this one follows suit...

Justice for Dylan!   

https://durangoherald.com/articles/163055-father-plans-search-party-for-dylan-redwine-x2019-s-remains

Father plans search party for Dylan Redwine’s remains

Teen went missing in 2012, was found dead northeast of Vallecito
By Shane Benjamin Herald Staff Writer
Friday, June 2, 2017 4:21 PM Updated 13 hours 8 minutes ago

Mark Redwine, father of Dylan Redwine, plans a seven-day community search in August for his son’s remains northeast of Vallecito.

The seven-day search is scheduled for Aug. 4-11 on Middle Mountain, northeast of Vallecito Reservoir, where some of Dylan’s remains were found in June 2013.

“Instead of having a bunch of little searches go on, I’m trying to create a big search,” Redwine said in an interview this week. “We’ve got two months to put this all together and get everybody’s involvement.”

Dylan went missing Nov. 19, 2012, a day after he arrived from Monument for a court-ordered visit with his father during the Thanksgiving holiday. The death was ruled a homicide by the La Plata County Coroner’s Office, and the case remains under investigation by the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

A search organized by the boy’s father presents an interesting dynamic: The Sheriff’s Office has named Mark Redwine a person of interest, and Mark Redwine has grown increasingly frustrated with the Sheriff’s Office, saying the agency made several missteps early in the investigation, has made little progress during the last 4½ years, and has become non-communicative with him in more recent years.

Sheriff Sean Smith, who was first elected in November 2014, has never spoken to the father and refuses to return his calls, Mark Redwine said.

“I find it a little irritating that he won’t even return my phone calls,” Mark Redwine said.

The Sheriff’s Office declined to comment about the pending investigation or Mark Redwine’s concerns, other than to say the Sheriff’s Office plans to participate and provide assistance to the August search.

“The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office has no further comment on this active investigation and has no comment concerning Mr. Mark Redwine’s opinions regarding the Dylan Redwine investigation,” sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender wrote in an email to the The Durango Herald.

The search is being coordinated by Shelly Watson, who was born in Bloomfield and lives in Killeen, Texas, near Fort Hood.

Watson said she met Mark Redwine three months ago while learning how to drive trucks. Mark Redwine was her trainer, and they spent time together on the road in his rig. He didn’t talk much about himself, but on about the third week, Watson asked about a key chain and some sports memorabilia hanging on the passenger side in his rig.

Mark Redwine said they were reminders of his son and shared the story of Dylan’s disappearance and the subsequent finding of his remains – a shoulder bone and fingertip in coyote scat – northeast of his home, she said.

Watson said she believes Dylan was killed by wildlife, possibly a mountain lion.

She asked Mark Redwine why he hasn’t done more to find his son’s remains, including searching Middle Mountain. He said it would look bad, especially if he found something, because people would say he knew where to look, she said.

But Watson said finding Dylan’s remains will exonerate Mark Redwine if forensic investigators can prove he was the victim of a wildlife attack.

“I said, ‘Look, I’m going to help you out. I’m going to help Dylan out. ... If they want to put you in jail, and they’re adamant that you killed your son, only the bones will tell the truth, so let’s go find your son,’” Watson said. “He said, ‘OK.’”

Watson agreed to serve as coordinator for the community search, thereby removing Mark Redwine one step.

Regardless of what people may think of Mark Redwine, Watson hopes the community will show up in great numbers to help comb the rugged wilderness for Dylan’s remains.

Mark Redwine said he is on the fence about participating in the search, but he likely won’t participate – for obvious reasons.

“I don’t want it to ever be said that I pointed anybody in the right direction, which is how I’m afraid that would come across if I were out there,” he said. “I would love to be there, I would like to be participating in it, but for obvious reasons, I feel it’s in my best interest not to participate.”

Mark Redwine said the Sheriff’s Office has failed to find significant remains of his son. Instead, investigators have labeled him a “person of interest,” which has no meaning and is only a distraction. The label has given his ex-wife firepower to label him a murderer, he said.

Efforts to reach Hall for comment about the search were unsuccessful Friday.

“The fact is I am not a murderer,” Mark Redwine said. “I had absolutely nothing to do with my son’s disappearance and/or subsequent death. I’m just a father trying to find out the answers, and I want my son brought home.”

Maybe she had good intentions?  I just don't know. 
Mark has used a lot of people trying to convince us he's not the monster he is.
jmo

https://durangoherald.com/articles/176119-woman-calls-off-search-for-dylan-redwines-remains

Woman calls off search for Dylan Redwine’s remains

Organizer says father’s arrest changes situation
Monday, July 31, 2017 1:53 PM Updated 2 hours 18 minutes ago
 Follow @shane_benjamin

A woman who knows Mark Redwine, father of Dylan Redwine, said she is calling off a search for the teenager’s remains after Mark Redwine was arrested July 22 in connection with his son’s death. Dylan Redwine’s remains had been found in the area of Middle Mountain twice since he disappeared from his father’s home in November 2012.

A community search for Dylan Redwine’s remains northeast of Vallecito Reservoir has been called off after his father’s arrest.

The eight-day search was scheduled to start Friday and conclude Aug. 11 on Middle Mountain, where some of Dylan’s remains were found in June 2013 and in November 2015.

Mark Redwine was arrested July 22 in Bellingham, Washington, on suspicion of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

The search was being organized by Redwine and Shelly Watson of Texas, who met Redwine earlier this year while learning how to drive semi-tractor trailers. Redwine, a long-haul trucker, was Watson’s trainer.

In an interview Monday, Watson said she might reschedule the search if the need arises. For now, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said there is no need for additional searches.

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/1882810448412216?comment_id=1882822278411033&reply_comment_id=1883509411675653&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Deannza Watson Ok so here I am. The name Deannza is the name me grandmother gave me, she passed this year. My first name is Shelly. I mean no harm to anyone. My husband and I are Army Veterans and wanted nothing more than to help. Please understand that.
August 1 at 6:00am

Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice Deannza Watson I never thought that you did, but that comment to the Durango Herald about being threatened and harassed made it look as though Dylan's Warriors were involved, maybe I am gun shy when it comes to that paper, but they do seem to thrive on that type of negativity and tend to enjoy shining Dylan's Warriors and anyone who believes Mark is guilty in a negative light. They've proven that time and time again.  I have always believed you came into this with a pure heart only wanting to help find Dylan, I do believe that 100%, I know Mark Redwine, and I know he can be very convincing. I really do feel like you were pulled into this not really knowing the facts of this case.  Just know, you have nothing to fear from anyone here, and I want to thank you for putting yourself out there, I know being around this case can get crazy, we are all on edge and we never know what move that murderer is going to make, and anyone near him can sometimes get the brunt of some angry comments.  I sincerely hope no one from this page did anything to threaten you or harass you, and you are welcome here anytime, I am truly sorry you got pulled into this mess.  btw- thank you for your service.
August 1 at 7:36am · Edited

Deannza Watson Thank you. Dylan's warriors were not the ones who threatened me. Your very lucky to have support like that. I didn't want fame, I never wanted anything for myself except the feeling of helping a mother find her son. I grieve for you and all who have suffered Dylan's loss. I started the search on goal to find his skull and I was notified a week ago that it has been in fact found. The truth is that That is not enough still. He remains missing in my heart until the rest of him is laid to rest. I was not doing this for MARK...and yes for a moment I was so very naive. I see the bigger picture now and I am so sorry for your loss.
August 1 at 8:57am

Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice Deannza Watson Thank YOU, and we all wish you nothing but the best, I was once fooled by him as well, it took me a while to really put the pieces together.  I'm so glad it wasn't someone here, sadly, there is a large network of these very strange people who have followed this case and many other cases, who seem to always defend the most likely suspect, they have been known to harass and intimidate people in hopes that some will believe it is us, we've been through the ringer and I suspect they will return at one point or another.
August 1 at 9:15am

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/jacelarson/status/892922403977691137

Jace Larson Denver7‏ Verified account
@jacelarson

More info in the arrest of Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing his son. This is the official extradition request from Colo. to Wash.

6:37 PM - 2 Aug 2017 from Dillon, CO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: August 04, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »

This article is from four years ago. 

THANK YOU, to all who have worked so hard to find Justice for Dylan.     

https://durangoherald.com/articles/59391-law-enforcement-dedicates-many-hours-to-redwine-case

Law enforcement dedicates many hours to Redwine case

Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013 5:01 PM

Before I start this article about the young man, Dylan Redwine, I want to offer my deepest sympathies to his family and friends. This tragedy has without a doubt devastated those closest to him, and I do not want to minimize that impact in any way with this article.

I do want to talk about this tragedy and the ensuing investigation into what has happened to Dylan. As many of you already know, I cannot release details of this investigation, but I can talk about the men and women who are dedicated to solving this mystery.

I know many of these law-enforcement experts personally and professionally. I can tell you without hesitation that anyone who has touched this case has been touched by this case. In the early stages of this case, they all had one mission in mind: “Find Dylan Redwine.” They all spent countless hours away from home and loved ones looking for Dylan. When they were home, their thoughts were often preoccupied with where this young man was. They may have been home physically; however, mentally, they were somewhere else.

Now that remains of his body have been found, the mission has changed to: “What happened to Dylan?” The members assembled to form the task force are all experts in their respective fields. The level of cooperation between agencies at the local, state and federal level is unprecedented in this case. The resource-sharing and combined efforts in this case are unheard of in most jurisdictions.

The amount of knowledge all of these experts share is awe-inspiring. The combined total of experience in the room most days exceeds hundreds of years. I can tell you with confidence that these men and women will follow the evidence and clues left in this case, and they will let the facts speak for themselves. They will not be swayed by public opinion or criticism, and they will ensure that justice is served in this case if someone is responsible for Dylan’s death.

All of us in law enforcement understand that these investigations take lengthy amounts of time and resources. We know that this will not be solved like a 60-minute episode of “CSI.” I would ask that all of you be patient with this investigation as it continues to churn every day even when it’s not the top story on the 5 p.m. newscast.

If one of these task force members is your loved one, I want to thank you for the sacrifices you are making. I know it is difficult to let them pursue this case, and every day you sacrifice precious time to let them work on it. I know you are as proud of them as we are in the law-enforcement community.

Finally, today, if you know one of these men or women on the task force or one of their family members, please thank them for the outstanding dedication they have to this case and the courage they all continue to show. They still have a long road ahead of them, and they will continue to have long days and sleepless nights.

Lt. Ray Shupe is assistant operations division commander with the Durango Police Department.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: August 04, 2017, 10:56:37 PM »

Podcast

https://audioboom.com/posts/6172159-dylan-redwine-murder-case

Dylan Redwine Murder Case

Mark Redwine has been indicted in the 2012 murder of his 13-year-old son Dylan Redwine. Tricia Griffith from Websleuths.com joins Levi Page to break down the indictment and what is next in this very disturbing case.

Crime and Scandal
Aug 3, 10:05 PM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »

Podcast

https://audioboom.com/posts/6172159-dylan-redwine-murder-case

Dylan Redwine Murder Case

Mark Redwine has been indicted in the 2012 murder of his 13-year-old son Dylan Redwine. Tricia Griffith from Websleuths.com joins Levi Page to break down the indictment and what is next in this very disturbing case.

Crime and Scandal
Aug 3, 10:05 PM

I'd just started listening to this when I posted the link last night.

I'm always happy to see people talking about Dylan's case.  To raise awareness, and get the facts out there.  
Was a little disappointed at some of the simple facts that weren't right last night though.

Levi said Dylan wanted to go to his friend Tristan's house and Mark said no.  Not true.  Dylan wanted to go to his friend Ryan Nava's the night he arrived, and made plans to go to Ryan's grandmother's first thing the next morning.  Tristan lived at Vallecito Lake, but no evidence of Dylan communicating with him at all for this trip has ever come out.  Mark insinuated that Dylan may have taken off walking to Tristan's with all of his belongings and his fishing pole (that Mark later said had been under his parked ATV for the seven months everyone else searched for Dylan), but we all know that's not true.

I really would have thought Tricia would be more up on the subject to at least remember what happened with Mark and the polygraph on Dr. Phil...that was a little disappointing.

No idea if they are correct or not on this one because I haven't seen ALL of the gross pictures of Mark, but I don't recall ever hearing or reading anything about the one they described with a pacifier.  

Tricia very dramatically talked about how Cory said Dylan planned to confront Mark about the pictures on his last trip.  But Elaine stated on one of Tricia's shows in March 2013 (link below) how Dylan told Cory he had confronted Mark about the pictures the prior visit over Labor Day 2012, before the custody hearing where she won primary custody!  I understand having a lot on your mind and not remembering some things, but go back and refresh your memory before you speak publicly, please!  
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/18/websleuths-radio  Starts at 48:40

JMO
Yes, the pictures were a point of contention.  Elaine did not bring the pictures up in the custody hearing, but Dylan spoke to the judge in chambers and that testimony was sealed by the court.  Mark has always blamed someone else for his failures, so I'm sure he probably blamed Elaine and Dylan for his losing in court.  Dylan told others that he'd had no communication with Mark at all before he got on the plane to Durango two months later.  I'm sure Mark was mad and plotting his revenge.  I can see him trying to make Dylan confess that Elaine put him up to telling the judge about the pictures.  I feel sure he had some plan to undo what had been done, and Dylan said the wrong thing or simply didn't comply, and Mark went off on him.  The next morning Mark made his appointment with his divorce attorney, and mailed a check to Elaine, and Dylan was never seen again.  

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:22:21 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »

Dana, can you hear me?
Dana, can you see me?

No one compares to you.   

The struggle is real.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »

Remember, Mark took the Boston Red Sox shirt that Dylan bought for Elaine out of his bag without him knowing it during their trip in August 2012.
Mark ended up dropping Dylan off in Colorado Springs that trip instead of him going back to Vallecito with him for a few more days.
Mark told Dylan he couldn't find the shirt when he asked for it Labor Day weekend 2012, same trip he confronted him about the pictures.
Mark sent the shirt to Elaine by her friend Katt in December 2012, while Dylan laid dead on Middle Mountain, and everyone was searching for him.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14446.msg1567489#msg1567489

Elaine is wearing the shirt in this picture.

http://gazette.com/gallery/articleid/1607654/pictures?display=flexFullscreen&galleryTheme=lightTheme

Hey Mark, careful now, don't drop the soap!   Monkey Devil!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:39:07 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: August 06, 2017, 12:47:54 PM »

From the Press Conference

https://twitter.com/Noeltbrennan/status/889943742991540227

Noel Brennan ‏Verified account
@Noeltbrennan
Reporter @9NEWS

Dylan Redwine's good friend Ryan Nava is here, too. We talked with him Sunday #9NEWS http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/local/friend-of-dylan-redwine-reacts-to-fathers-arrest/459033742

1:21 PM - 25 Jul 2017

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: August 06, 2017, 12:53:14 PM »

https://twitter.com/Noeltbrennan/status/889563046800048128

Noel Brennan‏ Verified account
@Noeltbrennan
Reporter @9NEWS

"Justice for Dylan" sign still hanging in Vallecito just a few doors down from Mark Redwine's home #9NEWS

12:08 PM - 24 Jul 2017

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: August 08, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/crime/article166167447.html

Colorado father in teen murder saga won’t fight extradition in Bellingham court
BY CALEB HUTTON
chutton@bhamherald.com

AUGUST 08, 2017 5:40 PM

BELLINGHAM

A Colorado father waived extradition in a Whatcom County courtroom Tuesday, a move that should speed up his return to face charges of killing his 13-year-old son and hiding the body 4 ½ years ago.

Mark Allen Redwine, 55, a long-haul trucker, was arrested in Bellingham on July 21, when police were alerted that a grand jury in La Plata County, Colo. had indicted him for the murder of his son, Dylan Redwine.

Redwine’s extradition waiver is the latest chapter in a much publicized case that has drawn intense interest nationwide. The grand jury indicted Redwine for second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in a death. He now awaits transport back to Colorado.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/177572-mark-redwine-waives-extradition-will-be-brought-to-durango

Mark Redwine waives extradition, will be brought to Durango

Vallecito father suspected of killing 13-year-old son, Dylan
Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017 6:47 PM Updated 11 minutes ago

Mark Redwine, the man suspected of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, waived his right to an extradition hearing Tuesday in a Bellingham, Washington, courtroom.

As a result, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is making arrangements to transport Redwine from Bellingham to Durango, where he will be advised of two pending charges: second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

A La Plata County grand jury indicted Redwine on the charges last month. He faces 16 to 48 years in prison if convicted of either charge.

Redwine was scheduled for an extradition hearing on Aug. 17, but an unexpected hearing was held about 3 p.m. Tuesday (PDT), at which time Redwine waived his right to extradition, said Megan Graham, spokeswoman for La Plata County.

Redwine is suspected of killing his son on Nov. 18 or 19, 2012, shortly after Dylan arrived for a court-ordered visit over the Thanksgiving holiday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: August 10, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/1880780915281836

‎Brenda Cunningham posted‎ to Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice

July 30 at 12:01am ·

Dear God; tonight's prayer gives thanks for Mark Redwine finally being arrested & being held accountable for taking his son's life. I give thanks that this child's killer is going to pay for what he has done.

I've prayed for this arrest for so many years, thousands have prayed for this arrest thank you for hearing our prayers & for bringing us closer to justice for Dylan Redwine. We pray 2017, the year Dylan would have reached adulthood be the year for Dylan to see the wheels of justice turn for him & his loved ones, please let 2017 be Dylan's year. Thank you, Amen

#justicefordylanredwine2017

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: August 11, 2017, 08:05:52 PM »

Yes, he's still there.   

I check every day.     

http://apps2.whatcomcounty.us/onlineapps/jailrosters/roster/roster.jsp

Name  REDWINE, MARK ALLEN   
Vine Link      
Booking Date   07/22/2017
ID  82161
Cell  134      

https://www.vinelink.com/#/searchResults/1

Offender Name: REDWINE, MARK ALLEN
Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: Whatcom County Sheriff's Office

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »

Justice for Dylan! 

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396767820264.144727.555378941155380/1900371063322821

Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice
2 hrs ·
Mark Allen Redwine was released to "other state" this morning around 6:37 Pacific time. I would guess we'll see him before a judge within 24 hours.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2017, 07:07:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/6thJudicialDistrictDA/photos/a.1388386721252683.1073741829.1384995361591819/1407287686029253

Colorado 6th Judicial District Attorney's Office
23 mins ·

Mark Redwine booked into La Plata County Jail today. Advisement hearing not yet scheduled. #redwinecase

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »

He thought he'd get away with it.

1730 days later, here he is.

Thank you, Lord!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/178533-mark-redwine-returns-to-la-plata-county

Mark Redwine returns to La Plata County

Advisement hearing still to be scheduled

Monday, Aug. 14, 2017 5:35 PM Updated 1 hour 37 minutes ago

Courtesy of La Plata County government
Mark Redwine steps off a chartered flight Monday from Washington state to La Plata County, where he faces possible charges of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in connection with Dylan Redwine’s death in November 2012.

Mark Redwine, the man suspected of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, returned Monday to La Plata County to face charges of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

He will be scheduled for an advisement hearing in coming days. Defendants are typically advised of their rights, possible charges and possible penalties at the advisement hearing. It is also a chance for prosecutors and defense lawyers to make bond arguments.

Sixth Judicial District Judge Jeffrey Wilson is expected to oversee the advisement hearing.

Redwine, 55, is being held on a $1 million cash-only bail. He faces 16 to 48 years in prison if convicted of either charge.

Redwine has maintained his innocence.

Redwine is suspected of killing his son Nov. 18, 2012, north of Vallecito Reservoir. Dylan arrived by plane earlier that day from Colorado Springs for a court-ordered visit with his father. According to his mother, Elane Hall, Dylan did not want to spend the holiday with his father. He asked to stay the first night at a friend’s house near Bayfield, but his father denied the request. Dylan made arrangements to meet his fiend early the next morning, but he was never heard from again.

He was reported missing Nov. 19, 2012.

In the following weeks, law enforcement and the community organized several searches around Vallecito Reservoir and the surrounding wilderness. But it wasn’t until June 2013 that some of Dylan’s remains were found up Middle Mountain Road, about 8 miles by road from Redwine’s home.

In August 2015, Dylan’s death was ruled a homicide and the Sheriff’s Office named Redwine a “person of interest.”

In November 2015, hikers found Dylan’s skull about 1½ miles from the location where his earlier remains were found. The skull had what appeared to be knife markings, according to the four-page indictment. In a news conference last month, District Attorney Christian Champagne said finding the skull was a “turning point” in the multi-year investigation.

Prosecutors presented their case to a grand jury July 17 through 19, and on July 20, the grand jury returned an indictment on two counts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: August 15, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »

https://twitter.com/LaPlataCountyCO/status/897491688716980226

La Plata County, CO‏ @LaPlataCountyCO  2 hours ago

Mark Redwine was booked into @LaPlataCountyCO jail on Monday. Advisement hearing today at 4 p.m. #redwinecase

9:14 AM - 15 Aug 2017

https://twitter.com/LaPlataCountyCO/status/897470499172888578

La Plata County, CO‏ @LaPlataCountyCO  4 hours ago

Mark Redwine will be advised of charges against him at 4 p.m. today in Division 4 Courtroom at @LaPlataCountyCO Courthouse. #redwinecase

7:50 AM - 15 Aug 2017

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.