April 19, 2024, 09:16:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 469050 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555379144488693.144722.555378941155380/1364431256916807

Justice for Dylan!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:47:52 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2017, 08:06:40 PM »

Justice for Dylan!   

http://crimefeed.com/2017/06/30912/

THE MURDER OF 13-YEAR-OLD DYLAN REDWINE: DID DAD DO IT?

June 13, 2017 by Mike McPadden

VALLECITO, CO — On November 19, 2012, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine disappeared while staying with his dad, Mark Redwine, in southwest Colorado.

It was a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit, a condition of the notably nasty divorce and custody battle Mark had engaged in with Elaine Hall, his ex-wife and Dylan’s mom.

On the day Dylan vanished, Mark told police that he’d gotten up early to run errands and opted to let his son sleep in. Upon returning, Mark said, Dylan was gone.

For the next seven months, investigators combed through every possibility while Dylan’s loved ones continually held out hope for his return. All that ended on June 27, 2013, in the worst way possible.

A handful of Dylan’s bones turned up in the woods of Middle Mountain, about 12 miles away from his father’s house. Searchers also found a piece of Dylan’s shirt, one sock, and a shoelace.

Authorities continued to hunt for clues over the next two years. In the meantime, Elaine Hall expressed no doubt as to who she believed killed Dylan. Appearing on The Dr. Phil Show in May 2015, Elaine said of her ex-husband: “He murdered his son.”

In the course of the show, Cory Redwine, Dylan’s brother, backed up his mom. They also both stated that they believed Mark moved Dylan’s remains to the canyon-heavy Middle Mountain to more effectively conceal the boy’s body.

As the episode progressed, Mark called in and set off a firestorm.

Elaine asked Mark if he would be open to her going with the police to walk through his house and re-create the circumstances that led up to Dylan’s disappearance. She added: “That would be very helpful in the investigation.”

Taken aback, Mark replied:

“We’ve had every opportunity to get those things done before now and at this point I just don’t see the value in doing it. To be honest with you, I refuse to do that. I don’t owe the nation an explanation as to what I’m doing. Dylan is my son!”

Mark also refused to submit to a polygraph test.

Three months later, on August 19, 2015, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office officially declared Dylan’s death a homicide. The police also named Mark Redwine as the only “person of interest” in the murder.

Dylan Redwine would have turned 18 on February 6, 2017. Dozens assembled in Bayfield, Colorado, to remember him with a public celebration of his life. Mark Redwine did not attend. Elaine addressed the crowd with gratitude and also wrote on Facebook:

“Happy 18th birthday, my sweet, sunny son. I wish you were here with us to celebrate your birthday. Many will gather to remember you and your sweet self. I miss you more with each passing day. Thank you to everyone for helping us remember Dylan. Until we meet again please keep watching over us. I love you, Dylan Redwine.”

On June 5, Mark announced he would lead a “recovery search” for Dylan’s remains and other clues to be mounted from August 4 to August 11.

As he remains the sole person of interest in Dylan’s murder, a reporter asked Mark if this new effort is, at least in part, to clear his own name. Mark responded, “It’s not acceptable. We’re here five years later down the road, and [Dylan] is still unaccounted for. That is my motivation, to bring him home.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:18 PM »

Guess we know now why the Durango Herald didn't want to use a more recent picture...   Monkey Devil!

https://durangoherald.com/articles/163055-father-plans-search-party-for-dylan-redwine-x2019-s-remains

(the picture is from court in October 2016, when Mark's suit against Elaine for $50,000 was thrown out by the judge.  He was at least trying to look decent!)

https://www.facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery/videos/10155036146479902/

They even show one of the pictures of him in his red bra, with the poop panties in his mouth.  Disgusting! 

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/photos/a.658662100829851.1073741829.657231774306217/1780363491993034

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »

How many times did they need to put November 19th on there?
Hey Shelly, make Mark tell you how he made Dylan go missing on the 18th and how FOS he is! 
Read his countersuit against Elaine that he LOST, it even says the 18th.
He can try to distance himself from it, but we all know.
Also, it hasn't been five years yet.  Every day counts, especially when your child/brother was murdered by his own father, and you're waiting for justice.
Do your research.  You deserve the truth too!

Justice for Dylan!   

http://krqe.com/2017/06/05/dylan-redwines-father-renews-search-for-sons-remains/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »

http://drphil.com/shows/show/2416/

“Dylan’s partial remains were located in sight of where Mark’s house is. Mark can see that area from his front door of his house," Elaine says. "What happened when they found his remains, you know, I can’t even communicate it,” Elaine says tearfully. “It’s just very difficult, I will never be able to put into words how I felt that day.”

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/dylan-redwine-case-criminal-profiler-went-to-crime-scene-to-help-determine-person-of-interest

"That person probably realizes we've narrowed the focus down," Klismet said. But he says, "We don't know if he or she will talk to us."

On Monday, Klismet went to the place where the boy's remains were found and said being there really brought things together for him.

"As I go up the road with one of the investigators, I notice a lot of different things," Klismet said. "When we get to where the remains were ultimately found, it was very informative for me to actually see it. Going to the scene really brought things together for me in my mind."

Klismet said the area where Dylan's remains were found had a bunch of trees, rocks and steep hill climbs. But he said he doesn't look at things in a traditional way.

"I look at behavioral things," Klismet explained. "What was done and what wasn’t done."

He also said that while the area is very steep, in the spot where Dylan's remains were found, it's flatter. It's an area that serves as a foot path and ATV path and some more items connected to the investigation were found there just last month.

Justice for Dylan!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »

an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/photos/a.263519173953.139314.255354123953/10155356676848954

Kevin Torres
14 hrs ·

On my way to Durango this afternoon, I stopped in Bayfield. Forever in my thoughts and prayers. 💙 #JusticeForDylan

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: June 28, 2017, 11:40:36 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13780.msg1553483#msg1553483

Post from February 28, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/221430391334222

Avril Devereaux I'm curious if you know why Dr. Phil didn't touch on Dads weird little problem?? That he is wearing Diapers and eating his own feces?? I was in that studio audience and this has been weighing heavy on my mind ever since. What if Dylan found those pictures on his computer? I have been waiting and waiting to HEAR more about what happened here.

I did not even know that people ate their own feces. This man is sick and people need to KNOW about this, good LORD!
5 hours ago · Like · 4

Brenda Schurrer-Maro Wait what?? I have been following this pretty closely, or trying to anyway, and this is the first I've heard of anything like that. WTF?
5 hours ago · Like · 3

Avril Devereaux Brenda, it all happened during the taping at Dr. Phil. This man was called out because of pictures his kids found of him eating his own FECES, I heard it with MY own ears!!!
5 hours ago · Like · 2

Avril Devereaux He wears his wifes clothes to, the blonde headed son asked him if he felt PRETTY in his moms dresses. It was UNREAL
5 hours ago · Like · 4

Verdad Buscador I was there too Brenda, frankly we wanted to throw up. To imagine that these boys were subjected to that. Don't you all think that anyone that would eat and smear their own poop, wear diapers, dress in womens clothes has the mentality to hurt their son?
5 hours ago · Like · 5

Shawna Ream Webb say what, now?!
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Brenda Schurrer-Maro I can't find anything about diapers or eating feces online, where did you get your information?
5 hours ago · Like · 2

Tessa Nicole Thomas Gross!!!
5 hours ago via mobile · Like

Cindee Sue Crombie Brenda, they said they were at the show itself, they heard it in between commercials i am assuming..
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Verdad Buscador Dr. Phil is taped with a studio audience. We each had to sign a confidentiality agreement to not release any information about the show until it was aired. My gf and I were dying to come on here and comment but didn't want to get in trouble. Don't know why Dr. Phil didn't air that stuff, I guess too inflammatory.
5 hours ago · Edited · Like

Brenda Schurrer-Maro Eww, that is so freaking gross! Man the stuff we miss when we're watching at home and not in the studio!
5 hours ago · Like

Sandra Lynn Probably because it was part of the agreement for him to come on the show, that is, that it would not be brought up or mentioned in any way...Dr. Phil doesn't get into heavy problems...I know because they rejected my niece's bi-polar schizophrenic issues for one of thier shows.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Sherie Bo Berry Of all the things I've read about Mark Redwine, that is the worst! Gross!!!
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Amanda Begalke I watched both parts and never heard anything about him eating s++t.

Ashley Nicole wow, crazy things being found out by those not in the audience!

Josie Latham OMG!!!!!!!
5 hours ago · Like

Avril Devereaux Because THEY didn't AIR any of it, Amanda. I'm really surprised they didn't. His blonde son Corey, he called him STRAIGHT out on IT, told him he saw pics of him eating his own FECES while wearing "baby doll" or women's clothes, IT happened.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Avril Devereaux I want to know why this man has NOT been arrested, mY god, what if Dillon saw those pictures? I have been sick ever since that taping and now I see they didn't ever talk about it, WOW!!
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Elizabeth Herring I am pretty sure law enforcement is on to MR...they can't make a move without evidence. Innocent until prove guilty.
5 hours ago · Like · 1

Jennifer Piccolo-Denk Avril, Dylan did see the pictures. Please comment on the "Calling Mark Redwine" page. There's more discussion there.
4 hours ago · Like · 2

Lori Lennox The MR sounds to be a very sick man.. God please bring Dylan home...
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Deltamarie N. Harmon So.... what was MR's reaction/response when Cory called him on it?? Did he deny it? Did he admit it??
4 hours ago · Like

Avril Devereaux He gave two different stories, something about Elayne breaking in his house and he planted the pictures just for that,it was so ridiculous that the entire audience laughed out loud!
4 hours ago · Like · 3

Avril Devereaux Idk if Dylan saw pictures, but I think so.
4 hours ago · Like

Sherie Bo Berry He planted pictures of himself eating poop? That makes no sense. LOL
3 hours ago · Like · 1

::snipping2::

The link doesn't work now, but this was posted March 1, 2013, right after the first Dr. Phil shows aired.

https://www.facebook.com/pinerivertimes/posts/498892620157235

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: July 04, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555379144488693.144722.555378941155380/1361668857193047/?type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »

He was very close to the Canadian border.   

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/mark-redwine-arrested-dylan-redwine-death/458809489

Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death
Allison Sylte, KUSA 12:14 PM. MDT July 22, 2017

KUSA - The father of Dylan Redwine was arrested early Saturday morning in the state of Washington in connection with his then-13-year-old son’s death, 9Wants to Know has learned.

A source familiar with the investigation told 9Wants to Know Mark Redwine was in Washington because he works as an over-the-road truck driver.

It was not immediately clear what charges Mark Redwine could face.

Dylan Redwine disappeared from his father’s Vallecito Lake house in November 2012. His remains were found in June 2013.

Mark Redwine was identified as a person of interest in his son’s death early in the investigation, but no charges were filed until now.

Items of interest were found during a July 2016 search for information related to Dylan’s disappearance.

It was one of a number of searches during the past four years.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: July 22, 2017, 01:52:06 PM »

http://apps2.whatcomcounty.us/onlineapps/jailrosters/bookings/booking.jsp?date=7%2F22%2F2017

Name
ID     Name   Vine
Link     Charges   Arrest
Type   Bail
Amt   Booking
Date   Booking
Time
82161   REDWINE, MARK ALLEN      FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE WARRANTS   FUGW   0.00   2017/07/22   01:20

https://www.vinelink.com/#/searchResults/id/offender/48626/55/82161

Offender Name: REDWINE, MARK ALLEN
Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: Whatcom County Sheriff's Office
Notify Me of Status Changes
Less Info
Offender ID: 82161
Date of Birth: 08/24/1961
Additional Information:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »

http://kdvr.com/2017/07/22/dylan-redwines-father-arrested-in-sons-death-boys-mother-says/

Dylan Redwine’s father arrested in son’s death, boy’s mother says
POSTED 12:35 PM, JULY 22, 2017, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 12:37PM, JULY 22, 2017

Dylan Redwine went missing on Nov. 19, 2012 (Photo: La Plata County Sheriff’s Office)

DENVER — Dylan Redwine’s father, Mark Redwine has been arrested in his son’s death according to Elaine Hall, the boy’s mother.

The arrest comes almost five years after 13-year-old Dylan Redwine went missing.

The boy disappeared from his father’s home in the La Plata County town of Vallecito in November 2012. Some of his remains were discovered in the summer of 2013.

Investigators named Mark Redwine as a person of interest in the case two years ago.

This story is developing and it will be updated as we get more information.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/story/35947134/dylan-redwines-father-arrested

Dylan Redwine's father arrested
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 1:26 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 22, 2017 1:26 PM CDT

A source tells our news partners KUSA in Denver that the father of Dylan Redwine, a Colorado Springs boy who was murdered in 2012, was arrested in Washington Saturday morning in connection with his son's death.

At this time it's unknown what charges Mark Redwine will face. Mark Redwine had been identified as a person of interest in the case when the investigation was in its early stages, but no charges were filed until now, according to KUSA.

Dylan, then 13 years old, disappeared from his father's home near Vallecito Lake in November 2012. His remains were found in June 2013.

Investigators found "items of interest" in connection with the murder during a search in July of last year.

Justice for Dylan! 

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »

Hello everyone! So excited Mark Redwine has been arrested¡!!!!!!!!!
Will try to check in later! Miss you guys!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2017, 02:28:58 PM »

Hello everyone! So excited Mark Redwine has been arrested¡!!!!!!!!!
Will try to check in later! Miss you guys!

Great to see you darla!   

I've been here celebrating all by myself!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »

I'm guessing there was a sealed GJ indictment considering the "FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE WARRANTS"?

Just so thankful that POS is finally where he belongs.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174323-mark-redwine-arrested-in-connection-with-son-dylan-x2019-s-death

Mark Redwine arrested in connection with son Dylan’s death

Charges include second-degree murder and child abuse

By Herald Staff Report
Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:15 PM Updated 7 minutes ago

JERRY McBRIDE/Durango Herald

Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan Redwine, was arrested Saturday in Bellingham, Washington, following a grand jury indictment in connection with his son’s 2012 death. He is being held on a $1 million cash-only bond. He faces charges of second-degree murder and child abuse.

Dylan Redwine was 13 when he disappeared from his father’s home in Vallecito on November 2012. His partial remains were found on Middle Mountain in June 2013. His death was ruled a homicide.

Mark Redwine was named a person of interest in the death, but he had not been charged.

This is a developing story. Check back for continuing updates.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/PRESS%20RELEASE_redwine_arrest_072217.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, July 22, 2017
please contact Megan Graham at (970)749-7684

Mark Redwine arrested following grand jury indictment in 2012 death

Mark Redwine was arrested Saturday in connection with the November 2012 murder of Dylan Redwine. A grand jury
issued an indictment for Redwine’s arrest on July 22 after reviewing evidence presented by Sixth Judicial District
Attorney Christian Champagne. The grand jury determined that there was probable cause to charge Redwine in
connection with his son’s death. The Bellingham Police Department apprehended Redwine in Bellingham, Wash. on
a warrant issued by the Sixth Judicial District in Durango. He is being held on a $1 million cash-only bond.
Following extradition proceedings in Washington, Redwine will be advised of the charges sought against him at a
hearing at the La Plata County Courthouse. District Court Judge Jeffrey Wilson will preside.
The investigation into Dylan’s disappearance and death spanned four and a half years, culminating in Saturday’s
arrest. Dylan Redwine was 13 years old when he disappeared in November 2012 while staying at his father Mark
Redwine’s house in Vallecito on a court-ordered visitation for the Thanksgiving holiday. Dylan, who was living in
Colorado Springs with his mother, Elaine Hall, flew to Durango-La Plata County Airport on Sunday, Nov. 18 where
Mark Redwine met him.
Dylan made contact with friends and his mother by text message after arriving at his father’s house, on Sunday,
November 18, 2012, and made plans to meet with friends the next morning in nearby Bayfield. That was the last
contact received from Dylan Redwine.
Hall reported her son as missing to La Plata County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, Nov. 19, 2012. The first of many
searches for Dylan took place that day and the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office began its investigation into Dylan’s
disappearance. In June 2013, search parties found human remains near Vallecito that were later confirmed by DNA
testing to be Dylan’s.
Since then, a multi-agency investigation team has been gathering and analyzing evidence. The La Plata County
Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and Federal Bureau of Investigation have invested thousands of
hours in investigating this case culminating in Mark Redwine’s indictment and arrest. The indictment is attached with
this release.
The Sixth Judicial District Attorney’s Office will prosecute Redwine’s case.
Sheriff Sean Smith and District Attorney Christian Champagne will hold a press conference at 2:30 p.m. MST on
Tuesday, July 25 in the Board Room of the La Plata County Administration Building, 1101 E. 2nd Ave. in Durango.
Please contact Megan Graham at (970) 749-7684 to RSVP.
Updates and information on the case will be released on the Sixth Judicial District Attorney’s Office web page, Twitter
& Facebook pages. All social media posts will use #redwinecase.
Please direct all inquires to Megan Graham, La Plata County Public Affairs Officer, at
megan.graham@co.laplata.co.us, (970) 382-6265 (office) or (970) 749-7684 (mobile).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »

I'm so sorry, Dylan.  

You can read the indictment here:  

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/redwine_indictment_072017.pdf

Edit to add:  I'm still trying to read and absorb the indictment through the tears!
I'll try to transcribe it and post it here later, can't seem to copy and paste the doc.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:19:18 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2017, 03:42:49 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/document-grand-jury-indicts-father-of-dylan-redwine/458820872

Document: Grand jury indicts father of Dylan Redwine
Allison Sylte , KUSA 1:38 PM. MDT July 22, 2017
 (Photo: 9NEWS file photo)

KUSA - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office released an indictment against Mark Redwine Saturday afternoon in his son's death.

page 3 is blank

Copied from Case Documents in case the pictures aren't always here.

I had to transcribe this, so please forgive any typos that I may have overlooked.  TIA

Justice for Dylan!  

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/redwine_indictment_072017.pdf

DISTRICT COURT, LA PLATA COUNTY
STATE OF COLORADO
1060 E 2ND AVE, DURANGO, CO 81301

PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO

vs

MARK REDWINE, Defendant

Christian Champagne, District Attorney, Reg. #36833
P. O. Drawer 3455, Durango, Colorado, 81302
970-247-8850/970-259-0200 (fax)
champagnecb@co.laplata.co.us

Matthew Durkin, Special Deputy District Attorney, Reg. #28615

Fred Johnson, Special Deputy District Attorney, Reg. #42479

LA PLATA COUNTY, COLORADO GRAND JURY INDICTMENT

COUNT 1 MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE           F2

COUNT 2 CHILD ABUSE-KNOWINGLY OR RECKLESSLY-
        RESULTING IN DEATH                    F2

(PAGE 2)

Of the term of the District Court in the year 2017, the La Plata County, Colorado Grand Jurors,
chosen, selected, and sworn in and for the La Plata County, Colorado in the name of and by the
authority of the People of the State of Colorado, upon their oaths, present the following
described acts, all committed or triable in the Sixth Judicial District, Colorado and all done
contrary to the form of the statutes in such case made and provided, and against the peace and
dignity of the People of the State of Colorado, as stated in the counts attached hereto:

COUNT I - MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE (F2)

That on or between November 18, 2012 and November 19, 2012 in, or triable in, the County of
La Plata, State of Colorado, Mark Redwine unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly caused the
death of Dylan Redwine; in violation of section 18-3-103(1), C.R.S.

COUNT 2 - CHILD ABUSE - KNOWING OR RECKLESS - RESULTING IN DEATH
F2

That on or between November 18, 2012 and November 19, 2012 in, or triable in, the County of
La Plata, State of Colorado, Mark Redwine unlawfully, feloniously, knowingly or recklessly
caused and injury to, or permitted to be unreasonably placed in a situation that posed a threat of
injury to, the life or health of a child, namely:  Dylan Redwine, that resulted in the death of the
child; in violation of section 18-6-401(1)(a)(1). C.R.S.

Probable cause as the counts 1 and 2 is as follows:

Dylan Redwine was last seen alive on November 18, 2012, when he arrived by airplane on a cour
court ordered visit to see his father, Mark Redwine.  He was 13 years old.  He was uninjured
when he boarded the airplane.  After his arrival, they stopped at Walmart, McDonalds, and then
returned alone to Mark Redwine's house, 2343 CR 500, Bayfield, La Plata County, Colorado.
Surveillance video from the airport and Walmart show little to no personal interaction between
Mark Redwine and his 13 year old Dylan.  Dylan Redwine was never seen or heard from again
after that evening.

Mark Redwine and Dylan Redwine had argued and fought on their previous visit, they had not
been getting along leading up to the court ordered visit, and several witnesses stated that Dylan
Redwine did not want to visit Mark Redwine.  Text messages indicated Dylan Redwine had
asked to stay with a friend rather than his father the same night of his arrival, a request that was
denied by Mark Redwine.  Dylan Redwine made specific plans to visit a friend's house the next
morning at 6:30 a.m. Dylan Redwine's last phone activity or communication with anyone was at
9:37 p.m. on November 18, 2012.

At 2:00 a.m., November 19, 2012, Mark Redwine's neighbor Carrie Cochran observed his
exterior front porch light on, and later that morning when it was still dark out, she observed the
light off.  When Dylan did not arrive at his friend's house, his friend sent a text to Dylan at 6:46
a.m. asking "where are you" and received no response.

PAGE 3 IS BLANK

PAGE 4

Dylan Redwine's blood was found in multiple locations of Mark Redwine's living room,
including on the couch, the floor in front of the couch, the corner of coffee table, on the floor
beneath a rug, and a love seat.  DNA testing showed that Dylan Redwine was the source of the
blood on love seat, and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the mixture found in the blood
found on the couch, floor in front of the couch, the corner of the coffee table, and the blood
found beneath the rug.  The home had been severely damaged by a fire, and a remodel of the
home was completed earlier in March 2012.  According to Mark Redwine, Dylan Redwine had
limited visitations after the home remodel and had not suffered an injury that caused any
bleeding during those visits after the home had been remodeled and before November 2012.

On August 5, 2013, Human Remains Detection Dog Handler Carren Corcoran and her K9 Molly
conducted a canine search of Mark Redwine's house to determine if the corpse of a deceased
human had been present at that location.  K9 Molly indicated the presence of cadaver scent in
various locations in the home, including the living room and the washing machine.  These are
indications of the presence of a large source of human remains.  Also, in August 2013, Ms.
Corcoran and her K9 Molly, searched and indicated a cadaver scent on Mr. Redwine's clothes
that he reported wearing on the night of November 18-19, 2012.  Later on February 13, 2014,
Ms. Corcoran and her K9 Molly conducted a search of Mr. Redwine's Dodge pick-up truck, and
alerted to the presence of human cadaver scent in several locations including the bed of the truck.

In June 2013, some of Dylan Redwine's remains were located about 8 miles up Middle Mountain
Road from Mark's house, roughly 1 mile past the gate which closes seasonally around November
30 every year, and only 100 yards or so from the road directly off of an ATV trail.  Mark
Redwine had an ATV in his garage and was very familiar with Middle Mountain Road.  A
witness observed Mr. Redwine driving down from the gate alone in April of 2013, yet he left
town and did not attend the search from Dylan Redwine in June of 2013 when the gate opened.

On November 1, 2015, hikers further up on Middle Mountain road found Dylan Redwine's skull.
On foot the location was roughly 1.5 miles away from the first recovery site through very
difficult terrain, but it was much more easily accessible by Middle Mountain Road, consistent
with a human moving it.  According to Lyle Wilmarth, a Wildlife Officer with the Colorado
Parks and Wildlife Division, who has extensive experience with wildlife in the area, no animal
known to the area would transport a body up the mountain from Mr. Redwine's residence to the
first recovery site.  Furthermore, no animal known to the area would transport the skull an
additional 1.5 miles through the terrain to where the skull was found.

Forensic anthropologists determined that Dylan Redwine's skill had injuries consistent with
blunt force trauma at two locations.  According to forensic anthropologists, the skull had two
small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by an animal or natural
cause.  These defects in Dylan's skull were perimortem, indicating that the bone still had
characteristics of wet bone similar to a recently deceased person.

On June 27, 2013, immediately following the notification to Mr. Redwine that Dylan Redwine's
first remains had been located, Dylan Redwine's half-brother Brandon Redwine reported an odd

PAGE 5

conversation with Mark Redwine.  Specifically, Mark Redwine had mentioned blunt force
trauma several times and discussed how investigators would have to find the rest of the body,
including the skull, before they could determine if this was the cause of death.

Within days of Dylan's disappearance, but months before his remains were located, investigators
interviewed Mr. Redwine's ex-wife Betsy Horvath.  Ms. Horvath voiced concern that Mark
Redwine may have hurt Dylan Redwine.  Ms. Horvath reported that Mark Redwine had
previously said that if he ever had to get rid of a body he would leave it out in the mountains.
Also, during their divorce and custody proceedings, Mr. Redwine repeatedly violated the custody
agreement and told Ms. Horvath that he would "kill the kids before he let her have them."  Ms.
Horvath's sister, Sandy Lainge heard the threat.

At the time of the murder, Mark and Elaine Redwine were in the middle of an intensely
contested custody case regarding Dylan Redwine.  Mr. Redwine acknowledged that he had left a
contempt of court accusation on the kitchen table where Dylan Redwine may have seen it and
could have become upset.  Throughout 2012, Dylan Redwine expressed that he was upset with
Mark Redwine, that he did not want to visit and was uncomfortable with Mark Redwine.  Earlier
in the year, Dylan Redwine had seen compromising pictures of Mark Redwine.  At a time he was
upset by the manner in which Mark Redwine was talking about his mother and brother, Dylan
Redwine asked his brother Cory Redwine to send the pictures to him so that he could confront
Mark Redwine.  Later, Cory Redwine told Mark Redwine that complied with Dylan Redwine's
request for the pictures.  Very shortly after Dylan Redwine's death was confirmed, two of Elaine
Redwine's friends argued with Mr. Redwine in front of his house.  When these same pictures
were referenced, Mark Redwine immediately reacted violently by picking up a lot, raising it
over his head in an attack gesture, and approaching them causing them to drive off.

Mark Redwine had 13 year old Dylan Redwine in his custody and was alone with him the last
night Dylan was heard from November 18, 2012 at 9:37pm, Dylan Redwine's blood was in the
living room, cadaver dogs indicated that deceased person had been in his living room and bed
of his pick-up truck.  Dylan Redwine's remains were located in a location accessible and familiar
to him, and their relationship was contentious at the time of Dylan Redwine's death.  At least one
point of contention between them provoked a violent response from Mark Redwine.  When
Dylan Redwine's skull was finally recovered, the tool marks, fractures, and the two distinct
locations of the remains were consistent with tampering with the body, and specifically,
relocation and further disposal of the fractured skull to conceal the identity and cause of death by
the person last associated with him.

All offenses against the peace and dignity of the People of the State of Colorado.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:27:28 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/laplatacountysheriff/photos/a.1514639141922649.1073741829.772338199486084/1514639155255981/?type=3&permPage=1

La Plata County Sheriff's Office
15 mins ·

Mark Redwine booking photos from arrest in connection with Dylan Redwine’s 2012 death #Redwine case

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.