March 28, 2024, 07:44:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 464628 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/PRESS%20RELEASE_redwine_arrest_072217.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, July 22, 2017
please contact Megan Graham at (970)749-7684

Mark Redwine arrested following grand jury indictment in 2012 death

Mark Redwine was arrested Saturday in connection with the November 2012 murder of Dylan Redwine. A grand jury
issued an indictment for Redwine’s arrest on July 22 after reviewing evidence presented by Sixth Judicial District
Attorney Christian Champagne. The grand jury determined that there was probable cause to charge Redwine in
connection with his son’s death. The Bellingham Police Department apprehended Redwine in Bellingham, Wash. on
a warrant issued by the Sixth Judicial District in Durango. He is being held on a $1 million cash-only bond.
Following extradition proceedings in Washington, Redwine will be advised of the charges sought against him at a
hearing at the La Plata County Courthouse. District Court Judge Jeffrey Wilson will preside.
The investigation into Dylan’s disappearance and death spanned four and a half years, culminating in Saturday’s
arrest. Dylan Redwine was 13 years old when he disappeared in November 2012 while staying at his father Mark
Redwine’s house in Vallecito on a court-ordered visitation for the Thanksgiving holiday. Dylan, who was living in
Colorado Springs with his mother, Elaine Hall, flew to Durango-La Plata County Airport on Sunday, Nov. 18 where
Mark Redwine met him.
Dylan made contact with friends and his mother by text message after arriving at his father’s house, on Sunday,
November 18, 2012, and made plans to meet with friends the next morning in nearby Bayfield. That was the last
contact received from Dylan Redwine.
Hall reported her son as missing to La Plata County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, Nov. 19, 2012. The first of many
searches for Dylan took place that day and the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office began its investigation into Dylan’s
disappearance. In June 2013, search parties found human remains near Vallecito that were later confirmed by DNA
testing to be Dylan’s.
Since then, a multi-agency investigation team has been gathering and analyzing evidence. The La Plata County
Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and Federal Bureau of Investigation have invested thousands of
hours in investigating this case culminating in Mark Redwine’s indictment and arrest. The indictment is attached with
this release.
The Sixth Judicial District Attorney’s Office will prosecute Redwine’s case.
Sheriff Sean Smith and District Attorney Christian Champagne will hold a press conference at 2:30 p.m. MST on
Tuesday, July 25 in the Board Room of the La Plata County Administration Building, 1101 E. 2nd Ave. in Durango.
Please contact Megan Graham at (970) 749-7684 to RSVP.
Updates and information on the case will be released on the Sixth Judicial District Attorney’s Office web page, Twitter
& Facebook pages. All social media posts will use #redwinecase.
Please direct all inquires to Megan Graham, La Plata County Public Affairs Officer, at
megan.graham@co.laplata.co.us, (970) 382-6265 (office) or (970) 749-7684 (mobile).

https://www.facebook.com/laplatacountysheriff/photos/a.1514639141922649.1073741829.772338199486084/1514639155255981/?type=3&permPage=1

La Plata County Sheriff's Office
15 mins ·

Mark Redwine booking photos from arrest in connection with Dylan Redwine’s 2012 death #Redwine case

Justice for Dylan!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/document-grand-jury-indicts-father-of-dylan-redwine/458820872

Document: Grand jury indicts father of Dylan Redwine
Allison Sylte , KUSA 1:38 PM. MDT July 22, 2017
 (Photo: 9NEWS file photo)

KUSA - The La Plata County Sheriff's Office released an indictment against Mark Redwine Saturday afternoon in his son's death.

page 3 is blank

Copied from Case Documents in case the pictures aren't always here...

I had to transcribe this, so please forgive any typos that I may have overlooked.  TIA

Justice for Dylan!  

http://www.co.laplata.co.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1323669/File/Government/Elected%20Officials/DistrictAttorney/Documents/redwine_indictment_072017.pdf

DISTRICT COURT, LA PLATA COUNTY
STATE OF COLORADO
1060 E 2ND AVE, DURANGO, CO 81301

PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO

vs

MARK REDWINE, Defendant

Christian Champagne, District Attorney, Reg. #36833
P. O. Drawer 3455, Durango, Colorado, 81302
970-247-8850/970-259-0200 (fax)
champagnecb@co.laplata.co.us

Matthew Durkin, Special Deputy District Attorney, Reg. #28615

Fred Johnson, Special Deputy District Attorney, Reg. #42479

LA PLATA COUNTY, COLORADO GRAND JURY INDICTMENT

COUNT 1 MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE           F2

COUNT 2 CHILD ABUSE-KNOWINGLY OR RECKLESSLY-
        RESULTING IN DEATH                    F2

(PAGE 2)

Of the term of the District Court in the year 2017, the La Plata County, Colorado Grand Jurors,
chosen, selected, and sworn in and for the La Plata County, Colorado in the name of and by the
authority of the People of the State of Colorado, upon their oaths, present the following
described acts, all committed or triable in the Sixth Judicial District, Colorado and all done
contrary to the form of the statutes in such case made and provided, and against the peace and
dignity of the People of the State of Colorado, as stated in the counts attached hereto:

COUNT I - MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE (F2)

That on or between November 18, 2012 and November 19, 2012 in, or triable in, the County of
La Plata, State of Colorado, Mark Redwine unlawfully, feloniously, and knowingly caused the
death of Dylan Redwine; in violation of section 18-3-103(1), C.R.S.

COUNT 2 - CHILD ABUSE - KNOWING OR RECKLESS - RESULTING IN DEATH
F2

That on or between November 18, 2012 and November 19, 2012 in, or triable in, the County of
La Plata, State of Colorado, Mark Redwine unlawfully, feloniously, knowingly or recklessly
caused and injury to, or permitted to be unreasonably placed in a situation that posed a threat of
injury to, the life or health of a child, namely:  Dylan Redwine, that resulted in the death of the
child; in violation of section 18-6-401(1)(a)(1). C.R.S.

Probable cause as the counts 1 and 2 is as follows:

Dylan Redwine was last seen alive on November 18, 2012, when he arrived by airplane on a cour
court ordered visit to see his father, Mark Redwine.  He was 13 years old.  He was uninjured
when he boarded the airplane.  After his arrival, they stopped at Walmart, McDonalds, and then
returned alone to Mark Redwine's house, 2343 CR 500, Bayfield, La Plata County, Colorado.
Surveillance video from the airport and Walmart show little to no personal interaction between
Mark Redwine and his 13 year old Dylan.  Dylan Redwine was never seen or heard from again
after that evening.

Mark Redwine and Dylan Redwine had argued and fought on their previous visit, they had not
been getting along leading up to the court ordered visit, and several witnesses stated that Dylan
Redwine did not want to visit Mark Redwine.  Text messages indicated Dylan Redwine had
asked to stay with a friend rather than his father the same night of his arrival, a request that was
denied by Mark Redwine.  Dylan Redwine made specific plans to visit a friend's house the next
morning at 6:30 a.m. Dylan Redwine's last phone activity or communication with anyone was at
9:37 p.m. on November 18, 2012.

At 2:00 a.m., November 19, 2012, Mark Redwine's neighbor Carrie Cochran observed his
exterior front porch light on, and later that morning when it was still dark out, she observed the
light off.  When Dylan did not arrive at his friend's house, his friend sent a text to Dylan at 6:46
a.m. asking "where are you" and received no response.

PAGE 3 IS BLANK

PAGE 4

Dylan Redwine's blood was found in multiple locations of Mark Redwine's living room,
including on the couch, the floor in front of the couch, the corner of coffee table, on the floor
beneath a rug, and a love seat.  DNA testing showed that Dylan Redwine was the source of the
blood on love seat, and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the mixture found in the blood
found on the couch, floor in front of the couch, the corner of the coffee table, and the blood
found beneath the rug.  The home had been severely damaged by a fire, and a remodel of the
home was completed earlier in March 2012.  According to Mark Redwine, Dylan Redwine had
limited visitations after the home remodel and had not suffered an injury that caused any
bleeding during those visits after the home had been remodeled and before November 2012.

On August 5, 2013, Human Remains Detection Dog Handler Carren Corcoran and her K9 Molly
conducted a canine search of Mark Redwine's house to determine if the corpse of a deceased
human had been present at that location.  K9 Molly indicated the presence of cadaver scent in
various locations in the home, including the living room and the washing machine.  These are
indications of the presence of a large source of human remains.  Also, in August 2013, Ms.
Corcoran and her K9 Molly, searched and indicated a cadaver scent on Mr. Redwine's clothes
that he reported wearing on the night of November 18-19, 2012.  Later on February 13, 2014,
Ms. Corcoran and her K9 Molly conducted a search of Mr. Redwine's Dodge pick-up truck, and
alerted to the presence of human cadaver scent in several locations including the bed of the truck.

In June 2013, some of Dylan Redwine's remains were located about 8 miles up Middle Mountain
Road from Mark's house, roughly 1 mile past the gate which closes seasonally around November
30 every year, and only 100 yards or so from the road directly off of an ATV trail.  Mark
Redwine had an ATV in his garage and was very familiar with Middle Mountain Road.  A
witness observed Mr. Redwine driving down from the gate alone in April of 2013, yet he left
town and did not attend the search from Dylan Redwine in June of 2013 when the gate opened.

On November 1, 2015, hikers further up on Middle Mountain road found Dylan Redwine's skull.
On foot the location was roughly 1.5 miles away from the first recovery site through very
difficult terrain, but it was much more easily accessible by Middle Mountain Road, consistent
with a human moving it.  According to Lyle Wilmarth, a Wildlife Officer with the Colorado
Parks and Wildlife Division, who has extensive experience with wildlife in the area, no animal
known to the area would transport a body up the mountain from Mr. Redwine's residence to the
first recovery site.  Furthermore, no animal known to the area would transport the skull an
additional 1.5 miles through the terrain to where the skull was found.

Forensic anthropologists determined that Dylan Redwine's skill had injuries consistent with
blunt force trauma at two locations.  According to forensic anthropologists, the skull had two
small markings consistent with tool marks from a knife, not caused by an animal or natural
cause.  These defects in Dylan's skull were perimortem, indicating that the bone still had
characteristics of wet bone similar to a recently deceased person.

On June 27, 2013, immediately following the notification to Mr. Redwine that Dylan Redwine's
first remains had been located, Dylan Redwine's half-brother Brandon Redwine reported an odd

PAGE 5

conversation with Mark Redwine.  Specifically, Mark Redwine had mentioned blunt force
trauma several times and discussed how investigators would have to find the rest of the body,
including the skull, before they could determine if this was the cause of death.

Within days of Dylan's disappearance, but months before his remains were located, investigators
interviewed Mr. Redwine's ex-wife Betsy Horvath.  Ms. Horvath voiced concern that Mark
Redwine may have hurt Dylan Redwine.  Ms. Horvath reported that Mark Redwine had
previously said that if he ever had to get rid of a body he would leave it out in the mountains.
Also, during their divorce and custody proceedings, Mr. Redwine repeatedly violated the custody
agreement and told Ms. Horvath that he would "kill the kids before he let her have them."  Ms.
Horvath's sister, Sandy Lainge heard the threat.

At the time of the murder, Mark and Elaine Redwine were in the middle of an intensely
contested custody case regarding Dylan Redwine.  Mr. Redwine acknowledged that he had left a
contempt of court accusation on the kitchen table where Dylan Redwine may have seen it and
could have become upset.  Throughout 2012, Dylan Redwine expressed that he was upset with
Mark Redwine, that he did not want to visit and was uncomfortable with Mark Redwine.  Earlier
in the year, Dylan Redwine had seen compromising pictures of Mark Redwine.  At a time he was
upset by the manner in which Mark Redwine was talking about his mother and brother, Dylan
Redwine asked his brother Cory Redwine to send the pictures to him so that he could confront
Mark Redwine.  Later, Cory Redwine told Mark Redwine that complied with Dylan Redwine's
request for the pictures.  Very shortly after Dylan Redwine's death was confirmed, two of Elaine
Redwine's friends argued with Mr. Redwine in front of his house.  When these same pictures
were referenced, Mark Redwine immediately reacted violently by picking up a lot, raising it
over his head in an attack gesture, and approaching them causing them to drive off.

Mark Redwine had 13 year old Dylan Redwine in his custody and was alone with him the last
night Dylan was heard from November 18, 2012 at 9:37pm, Dylan Redwine's blood was in the
living room, cadaver dogs indicated that deceased person had been in his living room and bed
of his pick-up truck.  Dylan Redwine's remains were located in a location accessible and familiar
to him, and their relationship was contentious at the time of Dylan Redwine's death.  At least one
point of contention between them provoked a violent response from Mark Redwine.  When
Dylan Redwine's skull was finally recovered, the tool marks, fractures, and the two distinct
locations of the remains were consistent with tampering with the body, and specifically,
relocation and further disposal of the fractured skull to conceal the identity and cause of death by
the person last associated with him.

All offenses against the peace and dignity of the People of the State of Colorado.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:29:21 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »

wow what an update, thank you
i forget the LE name, he said something, back when
Dylans remains were found, about we will get who did this
hoping its the max per count
looks like 24+24=48
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-second-degree-murder.html

http://sca.district70.org/ourpages/auto/2016/1/11/54933902/Colorado%20Felony%20and%20Misdemeanor%20Crimes%20by%20Class%20and%20Sentences.pdf

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »

you were so right big things happen

If you read the article carefully, Mark's not planning anything.  Some other person that apparently doesn't know an attack by wildlife was ruled out is helping him out.  But who knows maybe it will be good for Mark to spend a little time with law enforcement, especially since they're not interested in talking to him on the phone.   

Mark spent seven months giving interviews on his front porch gazing up to the area on Middle Mountain where Dylan's partial remains were eventually found.  He was invited by law enforcement to attend that search, but skipped town right before it started and went to Indiana!  He's been pointing to himself as Dylan's murderer since day one!!!  Elaine didn't need LE to name him the POI as firepower to call him a murderer, she hasn't hesitated to do it since they found the remains in June 2013.  He's such a drama queen, it's sickening!

Remember also, Mark has a pattern of coming out of hiding to poke at LE and attempt to appear concerned in the media right before big things happen in this case.  Hoping this one follows suit...

Justice for Dylan!   

https://durangoherald.com/articles/163055-father-plans-search-party-for-dylan-redwine-x2019-s-remains

Father plans search party for Dylan Redwine’s remains

Teen went missing in 2012, was found dead northeast of Vallecito
By Shane Benjamin Herald Staff Writer
Friday, June 2, 2017 4:21 PM Updated 13 hours 8 minutes ago

Mark Redwine, father of Dylan Redwine, plans a seven-day community search in August for his son’s remains northeast of Vallecito.

The seven-day search is scheduled for Aug. 4-11 on Middle Mountain, northeast of Vallecito Reservoir, where some of Dylan’s remains were found in June 2013.

“Instead of having a bunch of little searches go on, I’m trying to create a big search,” Redwine said in an interview this week. “We’ve got two months to put this all together and get everybody’s involvement.”

Dylan went missing Nov. 19, 2012, a day after he arrived from Monument for a court-ordered visit with his father during the Thanksgiving holiday. The death was ruled a homicide by the La Plata County Coroner’s Office, and the case remains under investigation by the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

A search organized by the boy’s father presents an interesting dynamic: The Sheriff’s Office has named Mark Redwine a person of interest, and Mark Redwine has grown increasingly frustrated with the Sheriff’s Office, saying the agency made several missteps early in the investigation, has made little progress during the last 4½ years, and has become non-communicative with him in more recent years.

Sheriff Sean Smith, who was first elected in November 2014, has never spoken to the father and refuses to return his calls, Mark Redwine said.

“I find it a little irritating that he won’t even return my phone calls,” Mark Redwine said.

The Sheriff’s Office declined to comment about the pending investigation or Mark Redwine’s concerns, other than to say the Sheriff’s Office plans to participate and provide assistance to the August search.

“The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office has no further comment on this active investigation and has no comment concerning Mr. Mark Redwine’s opinions regarding the Dylan Redwine investigation,” sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender wrote in an email to the The Durango Herald.

The search is being coordinated by Shelly Watson, who was born in Bloomfield and lives in Killeen, Texas, near Fort Hood.

Watson said she met Mark Redwine three months ago while learning how to drive trucks. Mark Redwine was her trainer, and they spent time together on the road in his rig. He didn’t talk much about himself, but on about the third week, Watson asked about a key chain and some sports memorabilia hanging on the passenger side in his rig.

Mark Redwine said they were reminders of his son and shared the story of Dylan’s disappearance and the subsequent finding of his remains – a shoulder bone and fingertip in coyote scat – northeast of his home, she said.

Watson said she believes Dylan was killed by wildlife, possibly a mountain lion.

She asked Mark Redwine why he hasn’t done more to find his son’s remains, including searching Middle Mountain. He said it would look bad, especially if he found something, because people would say he knew where to look, she said.

But Watson said finding Dylan’s remains will exonerate Mark Redwine if forensic investigators can prove he was the victim of a wildlife attack.

“I said, ‘Look, I’m going to help you out. I’m going to help Dylan out. ... If they want to put you in jail, and they’re adamant that you killed your son, only the bones will tell the truth, so let’s go find your son,’” Watson said. “He said, ‘OK.’”

Watson agreed to serve as coordinator for the community search, thereby removing Mark Redwine one step.

Regardless of what people may think of Mark Redwine, Watson hopes the community will show up in great numbers to help comb the rugged wilderness for Dylan’s remains.

Mark Redwine said he is on the fence about participating in the search, but he likely won’t participate – for obvious reasons.

“I don’t want it to ever be said that I pointed anybody in the right direction, which is how I’m afraid that would come across if I were out there,” he said. “I would love to be there, I would like to be participating in it, but for obvious reasons, I feel it’s in my best interest not to participate.”

Mark Redwine said the Sheriff’s Office has failed to find significant remains of his son. Instead, investigators have labeled him a “person of interest,” which has no meaning and is only a distraction. The label has given his ex-wife firepower to label him a murderer, he said.

Efforts to reach Hall for comment about the search were unsuccessful Friday.

“The fact is I am not a murderer,” Mark Redwine said. “I had absolutely nothing to do with my son’s disappearance and/or subsequent death. I’m just a father trying to find out the answers, and I want my son brought home.”

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »

Thanks cw618!   

Yes, big things did happen!  PTL!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »

Finally...he's arrested!!      

Thank you, texasmom, for all of the updates!

It was sad to read the indictment.    Hope they put him away and throw away the key!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »

Finally...he's arrested!!      

Thank you, texasmom, for all of the updates!

It was sad to read the indictment.    Hope they put him away and throw away the key!!!

You're welcome grace-land!   

Yes, the indictment is so sad.  Poor Dylan, breaks my heart all over again.   
And I hope that monster never walks free again.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »

Video at the link:

God bless her, and comfort her.

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/dylan-redwines-mother-on-the-arrest-of-his-father-id-rather-have-my-son/458857688

Dylan Redwine's mother on the arrest of his father: 'I'd rather have my son'
The full, raw interview with Elaine Hall as she speaks on the last four-and-a-half years since her son was killed. 9NEWS Nelson Garcia went to Monument to speak to her.

Nelson Garcia and Jacob Rodriguez, KUSA 6:58 PM. MDT July 22, 2017

In November 2012, 13-year-old Dylan Redwine went missing. Almost a year later, part of his remains were found on Middle Mountain. In November 2015, hikers found the young boy's skull off a mountain road familiar to the boy's father, Mark Redwine.

Mark's fervently denied having anything to do with the child's death but has been a person of interest for years. As of late Friday night, Mark was arrested in Washington state on charges related to his son's death.

He'd been driving through the state as a truck driver. He was arrested in Whatcom County.

9NEWS' Nelson Garcia went to Monument to speak to the boy's mother, Elaine Hall, about the recent news. What follows is the raw copy of the interview with Hall, including our questions.

9NEWS: First of all, I know it's been 5 years. How are you guys right now? I know it's never easy to talk about this.
Elaine Hall: I'm always grateful for any coverage that Dylan's story gets because it's so important to keep the information about there. I'm happy that something is finally progressing within Dylan's case and you know we appreciate all the work that's been done by the new folks in La Plata County that have been appointed that have actually made a lot of this come to fruition I don't think if there weren't changes in La Plata County we would be here today.

9: So obviously this moment - the arrest of Mark - has been a long time coming.
H: It has. It's been a very long time coming.

9: Your thoughts on it finally taking place? It sounds like you just found out recently that this was going to happen. What are your thoughts on finding out he was actually going to be arrested?
H: You know it's bittersweet. I'd rather have my son. But I can't change that fact and so we will do as we have done for the last five years and that is just keep pressing on and keep Dylan's story out there. And make the murderer be accountable for what he did to Dylan.

9: What kind of feelings does this bring up for you today?
H: Just sadness. Just - how could you do this to him? Uhm, it's very overwhelming, the whole process has been very overwhelming. But again, I can't change what happened I can only move forward and be Dylan's voice and continue to fight for justice for my sweet son.

9: What do you do on a daily basis that helps you not feel overwhelmed and sad?
H: I find great strength and comfort in our family in our - you know, we've got two grandbabies and we just find comfort in each other and all the friends that I've made through this - lifelong friends. You just gotta keep moving. Dylan doesn't want us to quit living so we just live for him and try to do things that he, unfortunately, didn't have the opportunity to do.

9: How frustrating has this been considering it sounds like they had a lot of evidence at the beginning of the investigation to make the arrest perhaps five years ago. Your thoughts on this process?
H: Any time you have a murdered 13-year-old boy that is presumed to be murdered by his father, it's going to be a long, daunting task to prove what happened. And I'm not sure that we'll ever really know what happened, but I think that, again, the changes that have occurred in La Plata County - the new DA, the new sheriff; we've had an investigator who is one of the most awesome people. Someone that I truly admire and cherish. My frustration is not necessarily at law enforcement. My frustration is frustration at who took Dylan's life. That's where the frustration is. If it weren't for his actions we wouldn't be here. There would be no frustration - I wouldn't have to worry about who the new DA is in La Plata or who the new sheriff is, so I put this squarely on his shoulders. He's the one who caused this and he's the one who should be held responsible for this.

H: I don't consider this anybody else's fault regardless of how long it's taken them to make a case. I appreciate the fact that they've done what they've done and, yes, it's taken a while but I'd rather them have all the information they need so we can get a conviction because without their tenacity and their willingness to continue researching and doing what they had to do on the legal end, we wouldn't be here because the person who killed Dylan is not gonna speak and tell the truth so we had to put the truth together and that's a difficult task.

9: Talk a little bit about your husband now and how your relationship has helped you get through this.
H: My husband is my rock. He's been - I mean sleepless nights: I'm sleeping like a baby and he's up doing research and making phone calls and there are times when I didn't even want to get out of bed and he's just been like the most sane thing. Him and our kids the most sane part of all this. He keeps his head together I don't know what I'd do without him.

9: I think I know the answer to this but this arrest and now the charge - this is something that you've probably known from the beginning. Have you always known it was Mark?
H: There was never any doubt in my mind ever. I knew that Mark had something to do with Dylan's disappearance and, unfortunately, yes, his murder. I've said that from day one.

9: Talk about the feeling of relief that you're feeling right now that he's being held accountable for his actions?
H: You know, it is relieving. I'm glad that he's actually - hopefully - going to be off the streets so he can't hurt me or our family. I mean that has always been something in the back of my mind that I've worried about. You know when someone murders his 13-year-old kid you never know what else he's capable of. It's very alarming and it's very disconcerting to know that he's just walking around free. Dylan never had that opportunity. It is satisfying that he is, right now, in a place that he can't hurt anyone and my hope is that he stays there until we can get through the trial.

9: In the indictment, there was some mention of some photographs that Mark was upset about and there was some - that it might have been tied to that - can you tell us anything about that?
H: Dylan did find some pretty unsavory photos that his father had on a camera that Dylan saw. You know I really don't want to talk about that because I still want to protect my children. There's a Discovery web podcast that really sums it up better than I could - and the pictures are out on the internet and they're out on this web and you may want to go look at that. I don't feel that that's something I need to speak about - I still want to protect my kids.

9: Without talking specifically about it - do you believe that's where this all came from? Did it stem from that?
H: I think it was a culmination of many things. I think Mark was very angry at me. I think he was very angry at Cory - Dylan's brother - I think he was very angry with my new relationship and my new life. I think he didn't want to pay child support. I think there's many things with the pictures and when you just put them together - I think it was the culmination of everything.

9: Talk a little bit about Dylan as your son.
H: Oh, just sweet. I mean every time I talk about him I just cry. Just sweet and funny and I can still hear his laugh. Always concerned about people's feelings. Never wanting to harm anybody or hurt anyone's feelings - which is why this is so ironic because he truly cared about other people more so than himself. I know he ... he would have done many great things in his life and the world is a much better place even for the 13 years that he was here he really touched a lot of people and he continues to do so even through his death.

9: Talk a little bit about maybe a couple of things that you've learned about this whole process about yourself and your family.
H: I've learned how important a day is - a minute. I've learned how important those that are close to you how important it is to tell them how important they are to you - I've learned patience. I've learned strength. I've learned anger - more so than I ever thought I had in me. I've learned hate. My mother never raised us with hate - and it was an emotion that I was somewhat naive to. And now I know it - I know what it is to hate. I've learned to just truly rely on people I was always one of those people that tried to do everything on my own and I can't climb this mountain by myself and I've truly learned humility and what's important... among many other things.

9: Thank you again.
H: Sure, thank you guys for coming. You know just thanks to all our friends and family for hanging in there with us. I know it's been tough for you guys too. It's been really hard for all of us but I appreciate you hanging in there with us. All Dylans' Warriors. Law enforcement and everybody who's just made so many changes and just worked effortlessly on trying to get justice for Dylan. I can never say thanks enough.

9: What is that? [pointing to necklace]
H: It's a bottle cap. When Dylan first went missing there were warriors who made these and were selling them to try and get money for the reward and things like that. For all the other expenses that we had - crushing the lake open and hiring people that you never want to have to hire and this was one that was sent to me. It's a picture of Dylan on an airplane when we went to North Carolina this is his first plane ride. This is very special. Near and dear.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmhiKBOujj4

RAW: Dylan Redwine's mother speaks about the arrest of her ex-husband
9NEWS

Published on Jul 22, 2017
Elaine Hall says she would rather have her son back when asked if she's relieved Mark Redwine, her ex-husband, was arrested in the murder of their son. Dylan Redwine went missing in November 2012 - his body was found almost a year later. Mark Redwine was arrested late last night in Washington state on charges stemming from his son's death.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rmhiKBOujj4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/rmhiKBOujj4</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/174360-friends-family-of-dylan-redwine-relieved-that-father-arrested-in-connection-with-his-death

Friends, family of Dylan Redwine relieved that father arrested in connection with his death

‘Justice will prevail’
By Melanie Brubaker Mazur Times Editor
Saturday, July 22, 2017 7:34 PM

Elaine Hatfield Hall, the mother of Dylan Redwine, is tired, happy, confused and missing her son.

“It’s been a long day,” Hall said Saturday afternoon, hours after she had learned about the arrest of her ex-husband, Mark Redwine. “The media’s been all over it. I’m tired.”

Most of all, she’s grateful an arrest has been made.

“I knew from the beginning I was right,” she said of her suspicions of her ex-husband. “It supports my feeling about this all along. We always wanted the correct killer to be tried, and I think that’s exactly where it was at.”

While waiting more than four years for an arrest has been frustrating, “I don’t blame anybody but Mark,” she said. “He’s the one who did this to Dylan. The blame needs to be put squarely on his shoulders.”

She, her husband, Michael Hall, and her oldest son, Cory Redwine, have experienced a mix of feelings in the past day.

“But this whole journey has been a basket of emotions,” she said.

She believes it took a new sheriff and district attorney to get an arrest in the case.

“If the old people were still there, we wouldn’t be where we are today,” she said. “I’m grateful we had a new change of leadership, and the new people who have come in and actually cared about Dylan’s case.”

Hall said she did not know about some of the specifics that were included in the indictment, but in a way, having the case laid out in public “is kind of comforting,” she said.

“I want to thank everybody who has been working on this case, law enforcement, and everybody involved on that end.”

Hall is sad her friend Denise Hess, who organized the first searches for Dylan and was a tireless advocate for him, is not able to know about this latest development. Hess died in October of cancer.

“She keeps me strong still,” Hall said.

Hall’s friends, who call themselves Dylan’s Warriors, were shocked and thrilled to hear about the arrest.

“A lot of the Warriors have been here since day one,” said Anne Cook, a Bayfield mother whose daughter was a friend of Dylan’s. “We’re elated that the next step is going to happen. It’s a new beginning, a new chapter, and justice will prevail.”

Cook and a handful of friends take care of a memorial bench with Dylan’s name on it in the Pine River Cemetery. The family and some of Dylan’s friends from childhood had an 18th birthday party for him there on Feb. 6.

“We knew the time was coming,” Cook said of the indictment. “Time was on our side. It’s been 1,706 days since he was killed, or 243 weeks and five days. We’ve never stopped looking, and we’ve never stopped praying for justice.”

The indictment is a relief to Dylan’s friend and residents of Bayfield and Vallecito.

“I’m glad justice is finally coming to Elaine and Cory and everyone who has been waiting so long,” said Jackson Sibley, who has been friends with Dylan since kindergarten. During Bayfield’s graduation in May, his classmates wore blue-and-silver ribbons in Dylan’s memory. A chair with his photo, a class flower and a graduation cap was set up amid other members of the graduating class.

“It’s very good for the community and everyone who has been so involved in this investigation for so long,” Sibley said. “I couldn’t be more glad.”

Sibley said when his friend first disappeared, he didn’t think Mark Redwine was involved. But as the weeks passed, he talked frequently with Hall, “and we never heard a thing from Mark about anything. I pretty much thought it was Mark.”

Hall’s friend Lisa Bourque, of Vallecito, said residents in the small lakeside community feel better with the latest development.

“We can’t put it behind us, but at least it gives us closure that there’s not a murderer running around,” she said.

Redwine has rarely been at his Vallecito home since his son’s disappearance, but he would return occasionally and stay for a few days at a time.

Bourque and Cook also thanked the investigators for pursuing the case for the past four years.

“It is so great that we finally have a DA that wants to do his job, and a sheriff that believed he didn’t run away,” Bourque said of District Attorney Christian Champagne and Sheriff Sean Smith. “They did their jobs. They are the heroes to that family.”

She also thanked Tonya Golbricht, the lead investigator on the case for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

“The stuff that girl did,” Bourque said. “It was amazing.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2017, 11:36:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjtP4Z0ZPE

Dylan Redwines father, Mark Redwine, arrested in connection with sons death
Denver7 – The Denver Channel

Dylan Redwines father was arrested in connection with his son's death Saturday in Washington, Denver7 has confirmed.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-xjtP4Z0ZPE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/-xjtP4Z0ZPE</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: July 23, 2017, 01:55:43 AM »

http://**/boulder-county-news/ci_31160532/boulder-county-das-office-helps-secure-grand-jury

Boulder County DA's office helps secure grand jury indictment in Dylan Redwine disappearance
Missing boy's father, Mark Redwine, held on murder and abuse charges

By John Bear
Staff Writer

POSTED:   07/22/2017 02:23:04 PM MDT
UPDATED:   07/22/2017 05:26:58 PM MDT

A Boulder County prosecutor was part of the team that presented evidence to a La Plata grand jury that led to the indictment and arrest on Saturday of Mark Redwine in the death of his son, Dylan Redwine.

The case had captivated many on Colorado's Western Slope, and the mystery of the boy's disappearance had garnered attention at the national level.

"Fred Johnson was sworn in as a special deputy in the case," Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said. "He handled the overall investigation, and the presentation to the grand jury. He will be the lead trial counsel on that."

La Plata County spokeswoman Megan Graham said that the grand jury on Thursday indicted Mark Redwine, 55, on one count each of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. He was arrested in Bellingham, Wash., on Saturday and is being held on a $1 million bond.

Garnett said the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office also sent a prosecutor, and former Boulder police Detective Chuck Heidel was also involved in the case.

He said it's not uncommon for larger jurisdictions like Boulder County to send prosecutors to more rural judicial districts that don't have the same level of staffing and expertise, to help out on cases.

Garnett declined to say what developments in the nearly five-year-old investigation let to the indictment, but said that Johnson has been involved in the probe for several months.

"It's one of those cases that is difficult and complex enough that we were asked to help out on the case," he said. "We have a number of excellent prosecutors with cold case experience."

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #473 on: July 23, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »

Thank God! Finally!

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: July 23, 2017, 08:08:25 AM »

Finally! 

Thanks texasmom
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: July 23, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Thank God! Finally!

I know!  Yes, Thank God!   

Good to see you, KarmaRoundUp!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: July 23, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »

Finally! 

Thanks texasmom

Yes, it was nice waking up knowing he's where he belongs!   

You're welcome, it's so good to see you!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: July 23, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »

"The scariest part is, it could have been my child." - Betsy Horvath, Mark Redwine's first wife and mother of his two oldest sons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYSh2hb3f0

Redwine arrested
Denver7 – The Denver Channel

Mark Redwine arrested in death of his son

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rMYSh2hb3f0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/rMYSh2hb3f0</a>

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: July 23, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »

Hello everyone! So excited Mark Redwine has been arrested¡!!!!!!!!!
Will try to check in later! Miss you guys!

Hey Darla!   Me too!  Alright alright alright!!!   Thank you to texasmom who kept Dylan's thread updated and to her and everyone that never gave up hope.  Justice For Dylan!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: July 23, 2017, 06:49:35 PM »

I just had to stop by and tell Texasmom thank you for never giving up
or going away for this little boys sake. Keeping the name in the social media is so improtant and you certainly did that.
Finally, they have evidence and arrest the bastard!

Never give up is the message, never ever give up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.