April 17, 2024, 06:49:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 468541 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #660 on: July 22, 2019, 08:17:35 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154166043333064&set=a.465654678063.271153.698508063&type=3&theater

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Justice for Dylan!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:10:53 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: July 26, 2019, 08:14:01 AM »

Where's his mugshot, Durango Herald?!!!  
He's already out of jail.  They'd better not start asking for more delays, if they do this was planned IMO!!!  

https://durangoherald.com/articles/286656-redwine-defense-lawyer-arrested-in-connection-with-assault

Redwine defense lawyer arrested in connection with assault

John Moran accused of domestic violence
By Shane Benjamin Deputy editor

Monday, July 22, 2019 5:05 PM Updated 15 minutes ago

A Colorado public defense lawyer assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine was arrested Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

John Moran, 42, of Durango, appeared Monday in La Plata County Combined Courts wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit.

Sr. Judge Raymond Satter issued Moran a personal recognizance bond, meaning he would be released Monday afternoon or Monday evening without paying any money. A protection order has been ordered preventing Moran from contacting the alleged victim.

According to an arrest affidavit, the incident occurred about 8:30 p.m. Sunday when Moran began arguing with his former girlfriend, who was sitting in a chair on the back porch of a house in the east 500 block of Fifth Street.

Moran became angry and pushed the woman’s chair, knocking it off the porch, according to the arrest affidavit. The woman fell to the ground, causing a knot and a bruise to her arm. The woman also said she might have a concussion from the impact to her head.

While on the ground, the woman saw people walking near the street and screamed for help, according to the affidavit. In response, Moran sprayed the woman with a water hose to “make her stop screaming,” the affidavit says. The woman then gathered her things and left the house.

In explaining the story to police, the woman said Moran “has a history of abusing her, and that she was afraid of him, especially when he was drunk.” They had been in a relationship for about 1½ years, “and she recently ended it because of the continued abuse,” according to the affidavit.

Police went to the house about 9:05 p.m. where they found Moran intoxicated, according to the report. He was arrested and booked into the La Plata County Jail.

As a public defense lawyer, Moran represents dozens of criminal defendants who cannot afford their own attorney, including Redwine, who is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in connection with the 2012 death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan.

Justin Bogan, who heads the Durango public defender’s office, is also assigned to Redwine’s defense team. Efforts to reach Bogan for comment were unsuccessful Monday.

Redwine’s trial is scheduled to start Sept. 18 in La Plata County.

Moran, who has no criminal history, was represented Monday by Durango defense lawyer Ingrid Alt, who declined to comment outside the courthouse. The Office of the Colorado State Public Defender’s Office declined to comment.

The 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and La Plata County Judge Dondi Osborne have recused themselves from the case for conflicts of interest. The 7th Judicial District Attorney’s Office is serving as a special prosecutor.

shane@durangoherald.com

smh, here we go...more delays.  

https://durangoherald.com/articles/287149-redwine-trial-date-called-into-question-after-defense-attorneys-arrest

Redwine trial date called into question after defense attorney’s arrest

Public defender says he and co-counsel may have a conflict of interest
By Bret Hauff City government & crime reporter

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:11 PM Updated 8 hours 30 minutes ago

Mark Redwine’s trial may be delayed or moved in coming weeks after the arrest of one of his public defenders on suspicion of assault and domestic violence.

Public defender Justin Bogan said Thursday that he and his co-counsel, John Moran, may be incapable of affording their client impartial legal counsel, an announcement that comes less than two months before Redwine’s scheduled murder trial.

The Durango Police Department arrested Moran on Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

Sixth Judicial District Court Judge Jeffery Wilson acknowledged this week that Redwine’s scheduled Sept. 17 trial may need to be moved out of La Plata County.

Wilson said he’s concerned publicity about Redwine’s case, Moran’s recent arrest and the time commitment required of jurors for a four-week trial may render the court unable to find a fair and impartial jury able to serve for a month. Moran did not appear Thursday in Wilson’s courtroom.

“We’ve had high-profile cases in the past, but not like this one,” Wilson said to Redwine during Thursday’s hourlong status conference.

Conflict of interest

Moran, 42, was arrested on suspicion of pushing his former girlfriend’s chair off a porch, causing her to fall to the ground, injure her arm and possibly hit her head, according to an arrest affidavit. He then sprayed her with a water hose to “make her stop screaming,” the report says.

Moran was allowed to post a personal recognizance bond, meaning he was released from La Plata County Jail on his word that he will appear for his scheduled court dates.

Bogan said his “mandate is to protect Mr. Redwine’s rights,” including his constitutional right to assistance of counsel and fair treatment through the judicial process. But in light of Moran’s arrest, he expressed concern about his and Moran’s ability to uphold Redwine’s constitutional rights for a fair trial.

The two have worked together for years in Durango’s public defender’s office, including almost two years investigating the Redwine case. The close working relationship in light of Moran’s arrest may raise a conflict of interest for Bogan by association, he said. It may also cast a negative light over Redwine’s case.

Wilson said he wants to hear from Moran himself before making a decision about any conflict of interest.

Other arguments
Wilson did not order Moran or Bogan off Redwine’s case, suggesting he needs time to review arguments before making a decision. But beyond the defense’s argument, Wilson said he’s concerned about Moran’s ability to work on Redwine’s case given his personal situation.

Furthermore, defense attorneys would have to ask potential jurors about Moran’s case, which could cast a negative light on the defense and make it more difficult to find an impartial jury, Bogan said.

“I do have grave concerns about going forward with this trial on Sept. 17 in this district,” he said.

Wilson ordered Bogan to file a written motion to accompany his oral argument by Tuesday. The court gave prosecutors seven days to file a written response to the defense’s arguments and five days after that for defense counsel to reply.

It could be Aug. 13 before the judge has all the arguments to make decisions, just five weeks before the scheduled trial date.

“Time is of the essence and this situation is pressing,” Bogan said.

Trial in September
In the second half of the status conference Thursday, Wilson addressed prosecutors, who appeared by telephone, Bogan and Redwine as if the trial will start Sept. 17.

The judge plans to call four jury pools – which will be about 1,200 jury summons – in hopes of finding 50 people who are able and willing to serve on a jury for a four-week trial. Those jurors would be subject to questioning by defense and prosecuting attorneys until a 14-person jury can be selected, which includes two alternates.

Wilson said he hopes prosecutors and defense attorneys can agree on a jury within a week. If it’s clear to the judge that a jury cannot be selected by week’s end, he may revisit a defense argument to move Redwine’s trial out of Southwest Colorado.

Any defendant may ask the court to move a criminal trial to another judicial district for a number of reasons, all of which must show a reasonable likelihood that someone can’t get a fair trial.

Law enforcement arrested Redwine in 2017 in connection with the death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan. Prosecutors charged Redwine with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death in 2017. He’s being held in La Plata County Jail on a $750,000 bail and must come up with about $112,500 to secure pretrial release.

The 57-year-old faces 16 to 48 years in prison if convicted on either count.

Moran (mugshot?) Thanks DH!   

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 08:21:10 AM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: August 13, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/289391-its-official-mark-redwines-september-trial-is-canceled

It’s official: Mark Redwine’s September trial is postponed

Judge says defense attorney’s recent arrest complicates case
By Jonathan Romeo County & environment reporter
Monday, Aug. 12, 2019 11:43 AM Updated 20 hours 20 minutes ago

Mark Redwine’s trial, which was set to begin in September, will be postponed.

Redwine, who is accused of killing his 13-year-old son, Dylan, in 2012, was scheduled to go to trial Sept. 17. The 57-year-old Bayfield man was arrested in 2017 and charged with second-degree murder and child abuse. If convicted, he faces 16 to 48 years in prison.

But the trial was complicated last month after one of Redwine’s two public defenders, John Moran, was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

Sixth Judicial District Judge Jeffery Wilson ruled last week that Moran is no longer able to defend Redwine and a new defense attorney must be assigned to the case. A new trial date will be set Tuesday.

Wilson, in his ruling, said Moran has still not filed an official motion to withdraw from the case.

However, Moran’s actions since his arrest have indicated he will not be able to provide efficient counsel, Wilson said.

Since Moran’s arrest, he has not appeared at two hearings regarding the Redwine case. Also, it appears Moran is on extended leave until at least October, Wilson said.

“Mr. Moran’s apparent unilateral decision to take leave and not be available to defend (Redwine) at this upcoming trial clearly demonstrates Mr. Moran has placed his personal needs ahead of (Redwine’s) right to have competent prepared counsel,” Wilson wrote.

“While the court is making no findings as to whether Mr. Moran’s decisions are justified because of his personal situation, (Redwine) has a constitutional right to an attorney who is willing and able to provide an effective and vigorous defense regardless of the personal problems (Moran) may be experiencing,” Wilson continued.

“By his actions, Mr. Moran has demonstrated that he is either unwilling or unable to do so.”

At a court hearing Aug. 5, Redwine’s other defense attorney, Justin Bogan, said it could take a new attorney six to nine months to get caught up on the case and be ready for trial. Redwine had waived his right to a speedy trial.

District Attorney Christian Champagne, however, objected to delaying the trial, arguing Dylan’s family, the community, as well as Redwine himself, deserve justice and a resolution to the case.

Wilson, in his ruling, denied Champagne’s request.

Wilson said Bogan must identify Moran’s replacement “as soon as possible.”

jromeo@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: August 13, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/289594-judge-sets-trial-date-appoints-new-defense-lawyer-in-redwine-case

Judge sets trial date, appoints new defense lawyer in Redwine case

Delay intended ensure effective counsel
Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2019 5:06 PM

Mark Redwine is scheduled to stand trial next spring in a murder case linking the Vallecito man to the death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan, almost seven years ago.

Chief District Court Judge Jeffery Wilson postponed Redwine’s trial scheduled to begin Sept. 17 after public defender John Moran was arrested on suspicion of assault and domestic violence. The judge, in the order, also allowed Moran to withdraw from the case.

Moran represented Redwine for almost two years. He hasn’t appeared in Redwine’s defense since his arrest and hasn’t filed a motion with the court seeking permission for his withdrawal, according to court documents.

District Attorney Christian Champagne and public defender Justin Bogan agreed to schedule Redwine’s trial on April 2, 2020, for jury selection with opening statements being made April 6.

Fort Collins public defender Eric Vanatta will join Redwine’s defense team. Vanatta appeared by phone Tuesday for a status conference. The eight-month delay is intended to give Vanatta time to familiarize himself with Redwine’s case and afford the defendant his right to effective assistance at trial.

“Mr. Moran’s apparent unilateral decision to take leave and not be available to defend (Redwine) at this upcoming trial clearly demonstrates Mr. Moran has placed his personal needs ahead of (Redwine’s) right to have competent prepared counsel,” Wilson wrote.

“While the court is making no findings as to whether Mr. Moran’s decisions are justified because of his personal situation, (Redwine) has a constitutional right to an attorney who is willing and able to provide an effective and vigorous defense regardless of the personal problems (Moran) may be experiencing,” Wilson continued.

“By his actions, Mr. Moran has demonstrated that he is either unwilling or unable to do so.”

Champagne said his office had hoped to schedule Redwine’s trial to begin sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the April date is the next best option.

Wilson said he’d schedule “some sort of non-appearance hearing” in two months to ensure attorneys are on track to start trial in April.

Redwine, a 57-year-old Bayfield man, was arrested in 2017 and charged with second-degree murder and child abuse. If convicted, he faces 16 to 48 years in prison.

bhauff@durangoherald.com

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »

Thank you for the update texasmom.  Dylan, his family, his friends deserve to see justice.  A young teen was murdered and it seems the forces that be can't even get Mark Redwine to trial?     What a mess. Praying justice will prevail for Dylan.  I fear Mark could possibly get off on:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ineffective-assistance-of-counsel.html

What is Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
Ineffective assistance of counsel is when an attorney's services to a defendant in a criminal case fall so far short of what a reasonably competent attorney would do that it violates the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution. In other words, the counsel for the defendant was so ineffective that the counsel could hardly be considered an attorney, thus negating the “right to an attorney” as promised by the Constitution.

The Supreme Court defined ineffective assistance of counsel in the landmark case Strickland v. Washington (1984). The Court held that an attorney's assistance is ineffective if it "so undermined the functioning of the adversary process that the trial cannot be relied upon as having produced a just result."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2019, 08:06:40 PM »

Thank you for the update texasmom.  Dylan, his family, his friends deserve to see justice.  A young teen was murdered and it seems the forces that be can't even get Mark Redwine to trial?     What a mess. Praying justice will prevail for Dylan.  I fear Mark could possibly get off on:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ineffective-assistance-of-counsel.html

What is Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
Ineffective assistance of counsel is when an attorney's services to a defendant in a criminal case fall so far short of what a reasonably competent attorney would do that it violates the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution. In other words, the counsel for the defendant was so ineffective that the counsel could hardly be considered an attorney, thus negating the “right to an attorney” as promised by the Constitution.

The Supreme Court defined ineffective assistance of counsel in the landmark case Strickland v. Washington (1984). The Court held that an attorney's assistance is ineffective if it "so undermined the functioning of the adversary process that the trial cannot be relied upon as having produced a just result."

Thanks, MuffyBee! 

I'm really aggravated at it all, Dylan and his family deserve justice, and Mark is just spending more easy time in the county jail.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: November 07, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »

https://www.courts.state.co.us/dockets/index.cfm#results

3/5/20
9:00 AM   1D   REDWINE, MARK   Pre-Trial Conference   D342017CR343   La Plata County   Division 1
4/2/20
8:00 AM   1D   REDWINE, MARK   Jury Trial   D342017CR343   La Plata County   Division 1
4/3/20
8:00 AM   1D   REDWINE, MARK   Jury Trial   D342017CR343   La Plata County   Division 1
4/6/20
4/7/20
4/8/20
4/9/20
4/10/20
4/13/20
4/14/20
4/15/20
4/16/20
4/17/20
4/20/20
4/21/20
4/22/20
4/23/20
4/24/20
4/27/20
4/28/20
4/29/20

Showing 1 - 21 of 21 records

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: November 07, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396121153662/1211473502212584/?type=3&theater

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: November 18, 2019, 06:16:52 AM »

Seven years ago today, Mark did the unthinkable, and we continue to wait for Justice for Dylan.   
Praying for peace and comfort for all of Dylan's loved ones today, always a hard day, one of so many, and for Justice for their sweet boy taken too soon.
Justice for Dylan!  an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396767820264/2607779642581956

Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice
30 mins ·

From Dylan's mama!!

I was driving home from work, on this day, about this time, six years ago, when I received a text from ex asking about Dylan Redwine. Have you seen him? Needless to say, the thoughts In My head driving home were unexplainable. But the first thought was I’m getting home and leaving to durango. Now! I walked in the house and I told Michael Hall, and Cory I’m driving to durango, Dylan is missing. They, like me at first, thought okay he’s at a friends. But the longer I thought about it and the longer time elapsed without any word from Dylan, the more I knew. Dylan wasn’t just missing. Something was very wrong. Mike, Cory Redwine and I left for durango that night. With no thought of what was to unfold. Since then we have had so many crushing, life changing, gutt wrenching, angry moments as time elapsed. Six years later and it still takes me to my knees. During the journey of searching for anything relating to Dylan I have made so many friends and forged long term relationships along the way. I believe Dylan brought us many of you. I appreciate you. All of you. Many are silent, many are not, but each of you supports us in the way you can. Dylan was sweet, funny, smart, a sore loser, a great judge of character and a perfect human being who’s life ended way too young
To this, I appreciate all of you for not giving up as you experience your own loss of those that meant everything to you. No matter how many years pass, sometimes it’s not so easy to “just move on”. However, making a difference as Laura Saxton does by changing the rules, shows the world that our kids matter and we will not just go away. Dylan’s warrior elves are always making sure he is remembered. Kelsey Princess Lammers, Tracy Murdock Austin, Alyssa Alexander. Outside our house last night says it all.
Dylan, I miss you. I always wonder about you. We talk about you daily and you will always be known and represented to your nephews and niece for as fabulous as you are. Thanks for helping me. Please continue. Love, mutti.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: November 19, 2019, 04:30:07 PM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/303095-tuesday-marks-seven-years-since-disappearance-of-dylan-redwine

Tuesday marks seven years since disappearance of Dylan Redwine

Father Mark Redwine, accused of killing his 13-year-old son, set for April trial
Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019 3:19 PM

Dylan Redwine disappeared seven years ago Tuesday in La Plata County, an event that prompted a yearslong investigation that ultimately led to the arrest of the boy’s father on suspicion of murder.

Dylan’s disappearance Nov. 19, 2012, and subsequent homicide investigation sparked national attention. The boy, 13, was last seen with his father, Mark Redwine, on surveillance footage at the Durango-La Plata County Airport and at Walmart in Durango.

“It’s kind of surreal,” said Elaine Hatfield-Hall, Dylan’s mother, in an interview Tuesday with The Durango Herald. “Sometimes, it doesn’t feel like it happened.”

Dylan’s last known whereabouts were at his father’s home, 2343 County Road 500, just north of Vallecito Reservoir. His last phone activity or communication was at 9:37 p.m. Nov. 18, 2012, when he sent text messages to a friend about plans to meet up.

Dylan’s friend sent a text at 6:46 the next morning asking, “where are you,” and received no response.

Investigators found the boy’s partial remains in June 2013 about 8 miles up Middle Mountain Road. Hikers found the boy’s skull in November 2015 about 1½ miles up Middle Mountain Road from where the rest of his remains were found.

“I’m sure I’ll never get the truth (about what happened to Dylan),” Hatfield-Hall said. “It’s time that we can settle this and get my son’s remains so I can give him a proper burial.”

Law enforcement arrested Mark Redwine, now 58, in July 2017 in Washington state and accused him of second-degree murder and child abuse. He has been incarcerated ever since at the La Plata County Jail.

Redwine’s trial date has been postponed at least three times in the past year. He is currently scheduled for a four-week trial in April 2020.

Prosecutors point to the father’s and son’s fraught relationship, evidence in which a cadaver dog hit on scents on and around Redwine’s property, and the accused’s familiarity with the area where Dylan’s remains were found. Defense attorneys argue law enforcement does not have direct evidence implicating their client in Dylan’s murder.

Chief District Court Judge Jeffery Wilson said he plans to summon hundreds of residents in the 6th Judicial District in an attempt to find an unbiased jury.

“I’m just grateful for everybody in La Plata County,” Hatfield-Hall said. “It’s been drawn out for seven years. It’s frustrating, it’s heartbreaking, but we just have to keep moving forward. We have no choice.

“... Hopefully one day this nightmare will end for our family.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: December 17, 2019, 07:40:21 PM »

BBM the statement that turned my stomach and the statement that completely refutes any possible professionalism on Moran's part imo.  

Time will tell on Moran IMO, hopefully another judge just didn't empower another abuser.  

We won't forget.  Justice for Dylan!  

https://durangoherald.com/articles/306621-assault-case-against-former-redwine-defense-lawyer-john-moran-dismissed

Assault case against former Redwine defense lawyer dismissed

John Moran was ‘falsely accused,’ says his Denver-based attorney
Friday, Dec. 13, 2019 3:38 PM Updated 3 days 22 hours ago

A judge has dismissed a case against a Colorado public defense lawyer formerly assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine after prosecutors said there is not enough evidence to proceed with charges.

Law enforcement accused John Moran, 42, of assaulting his ex-girlfriend by pushing her off a porch and spraying her with a water hose. But prosecutors said in court filings earlier this week that there is “insufficient evidence” to prosecute the case and moved to dismiss allegations, court documents show.

Police did not have all relevant information upon Moran’s arrest, at no fault of their own, said Megan Downing, Moran’s attorney with the Recht Kornfield law firm in Denver. Her client was falsely accused, she said, a fact that prosecutors discovered as they investigated the alleged wrongdoing.

“Here, he (Moran) was not only innocent, he was the victim of the very crime for which he was falsely accused,” Downing wrote in an email to The Durango Herald. “He handled this difficult situation with grace and professionalism.”

Senior Colorado Judge Raymond Satter dismissed Moran’s case Wednesday.

A spokesperson with the 7th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, which was serving as a special prosecutor in the case, did not return a call seeking comment. Moran declined to comment and directed questions to his attorney.

Moran remains employed with the Colorado Public Defender’s Office in Durango, Downing said. He worked with public defender Justin Bogan for almost two years investigating and building a defense for Redwine, a Vallecito man accused of second-degree murder in connection with the death of his 13-year-old son, Dylan.

Chief District Court Judge Jeffrey Wilson appointed alternative defense council for Redwine in August after Moran missed two scheduled hearings for his former client after his arrest. Redwine’s trial, then scheduled for September, was postponed until April to allow the new defense attorney a chance to become familiar with the case.

bhauff@durangoherald.com
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:44:42 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: January 18, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »

This just makes me believe more that the whole thing was orchestrated for another trial delay.  Doesn't pass the smell test.   
Looks like a win, win, for Mark the murderer since he not only got another eight month delay but gets to add an attorney too! 
Watch, when he is convicted he'll still claim ineffective counsel.   
What a joke! 

Justice for Dylan! 

https://the-journal.com/articles/165095

Public defender re-appointed to Mark Redwine murder case

Judge permits attorney to represent accused murderer after charges dismissed
By Bret Hauff Herald Staff Writer
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020 6:20 PM Updated 10 hours 37 minutes ago

The defense team for Mark Redwine, a Vallecito man accused of killing his son, Dylan, grew this week after a Colorado judge allowed an attorney to re-enter the case after the dismissal of a criminal complaint against the public defender.

Redwine will be represented by three attorneys instead of two now that District Court Judge Jeffrey Wilson has acknowledged Colorado public defender John Moran’s renewed ability to provide effective counsel in the second-degree murder case.

Moran withdrew from representing Redwine in August after his nonappearance at two court hearings last summer. His absences came after an arrest on accusations of domestic violence and weeks of approved administrative leave.

A Front Range-based public defender was appointed in his stead.

But prosecutors have since dropped charges against Moran, citing “insufficient evidence” to prosecute.

Moran “has resumed appearing for the public defender’s office,” according to court documents, and “for at least the last several weeks, (he has) shown a current willingness and/or ability to appear in court.”

Wilson, in his order allowing Moran to withdraw in August, cited the attorney’s “actions (and lack of action)” – referring to the public defender’s absence at hearings – as reason for allowing him to withdraw from Redwine’s case.

The judge’s order this week says, “the court does not expect this conflict to re-appear.”

Wilson also wrote that Redwine “desires the court allow Mr. Moran to be a part of his defense team,” court documents show. Moran joins Justin Bogan, lead public defender in La Plata County, and Eric Vanatta, a senior public defender out of Fort Collins, in Redwine’s defense.

“With Mr. Moran’s previous work on this case, his previous trial experience and the fact that there will be three attorneys dividing the responsibilities to represent Mr. Redwine, Mr. Redwine is more likely to receive effective assistance of counsel if the court allows Mr. Moran to re-enter ...,” Wilson wrote in his order.

bhauff@durangoherald.com

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: January 30, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »

One day, evil will leave and won't protect these criminals anymore, THEN judgment will come. Never give up.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: February 06, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »

One day, evil will leave and won't protect these criminals anymore, THEN judgment will come. Never give up.

I won't give up, Justice is coming! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: February 06, 2020, 08:35:06 PM »

Happy Birthday in heaven, Dylan!  an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396767820264/3511885445504700

· 13 hrs ·

“One sweet day, I will close my eyes here for the last time, and open them there for the first.

Your sparkling eyes, your darling smile, your soft hair, and skin – everything wonderful I’ve missed about you – will welcome me on that sweetest of days.

Once again, I’ll hold you.

Once again, I’ll kiss you.

Once again, I’ll pull you close and breathe you in.”

I will always remember you with love.

Happy 21st Birthday, Dylan.

Not a day goes by, to the moon and back...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: February 06, 2020, 08:53:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforDYLANRedwine1/photos/a.658662100829851/3310199415676093

Justice for DYLAN Redwine
13 hrs ·

Happy 21st Birthday Dylan.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: February 09, 2020, 08:33:10 AM »

Kevin is a reporter that has been there for Dylan's family from the beginning. 

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/photos/a.10151878762698954/10157776185918954

Kevin Torres
· February 6 ·

Today would have marked Dylan Redwine’s 21st birthday 💙

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: March 13, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/3581184798574764

March 5 at 6:00 PM ·

Mark Redwine - 2nd degree murder of his son, Dylan Redwine trial - Pre Trial Hearing Update:

Today's pre-trial meeting went well. Based on attorney's feedback to the judge on both sides, the trial has now been scheduled to run 5 weeks versus the 4 weeks. There will be jury selection the first week of April and then opening statements the following Monday, April 6th. It is expected closing statements will be heard the week of April 27th or May 4th, depending on how quickly or slowly the prosecution and defense works through the case. Please expect and plan for during this trial for additional traffic in and around Vallecito from the press.

Eric Vanatta, the public defense attorney out of Fort Collins that replaced the Defense Attorney, John Moran, when he was taken off the case due to an assault and domestic violence suspicion arrest last summer, has since been motioned to be removed from the defense since Moran's charges have been dropped due to lack of evidence to convict. That was the delay reason of 7 months, due to a new attorney having to come up to speed along with the co-defense attorney, Justin Bogan. Now, Moran is back on the case Eric Vanatta is now a consultant to the case for the defense making the defense a team of two with a consultant. The prosecution is being run by the la Plata County District Attorney, Christian Champagne and two other attorney's out of the Denver area.

The month of April in the 6th Judicial will be a busy one as the Narrow Gauge Railroad 416 Fire trial is also happening at the same time.

Discussed today along with some motions follow-ups were jury selection as well as alternates due to the length of the trial, jury safety and sequestering comments, jury tours of locations as well as logistics for media and potential concerns of Judge Wilson surrounding protests and crowds due to the national attention the case has received over the last 7 years. Dylan's case has become something that has captured the world, bringing his Dylan Redwine - The Journey to Justice Facebook page to 32K+ followers as a result of local and national coverage of the story from when he went missing. The story went viral on social media as well as on crime shows and Doctor Phil. Since Dylan's death, his mom, Elaine Hall, along with Kelsie Shelling's mom, Laura Saxton, have helped pass a law for tampering with a deceased body. This felony charge was used against Letecia Stach, the stepmom of Gannon Stauch out of Colorado Springs, who ironically made her first appearance in court today as well, for the murder of Gannon. The law was also enacted when Chris Watts was found guilty for murdering his wife and two daughters in Colorado last year.

Asked today and hoped for today, from the court and the D.A were two things. Please remain respectful of both sides as this long trial ensues. And while the freedom of speech is allowed and welcomed in our country, the less protesting and crowding of the courthouse, Vallecito, Mark Redwine's former home and at the locations around Vallecito - the better for both attorneys, their clients and the court.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: March 13, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »

Court Docket Search

Docket for: La Plata County - La Plata County Courthouse Showing 1 - 21 of 21 records

3/19/20
10:00 AM   1Hr   REDWINE, MARK   Status Conference   D342017CR343   La Plata County   Division 1
4/2/20
4/3/20
4/6/20
4/7/20
4/8/20
4/9/20
4/10/20
4/13/20
4/14/20
4/15/20
4/16/20
4/17/20
4/20/20
4/21/20
4/22/20
4/23/20
4/24/20
4/27/20
4/28/20
4/29/20

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2020, 07:11:00 AM »

A status conference is scheduled for today, I'm praying they aren't going to delay the trial again due to COVID-19.
If everything moves forward, trial is currently scheduled to start April 2nd.
Please be in prayer and/or send your good thoughts to Dylan's family!

3/19/20
10:00 AM   1Hr   REDWINE, MARK   Status Conference   D342017CR343   La Plata County   Division 1
4/2/20

https://youtu.be/ybmo1qaZZNM

KRQE

Colorado law passed with help of Dylan Redwine's mom, now used in high-profile cases
Mar 17, 2020

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ybmo1qaZZNM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/ybmo1qaZZNM</a>

Justice for Dylan!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.