March 28, 2024, 06:56:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 464623 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2021, 09:03:46 PM »

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/after-numerous-delays-trial-set-to-begin-monday-for-father-accused-of-killing-son

After numerous delays, trial set to begin Monday for father accused of killing son

Mark Redwine charged with second-degree murder, child abuse in son’s 2012 death
By Patrick Armijo
Friday, Jun. 11, 2021 3:58 Updated Friday, Jun. 11, 2021 4:16

The latest attempt to try Mark Redwine, who is accused of killing of his 13-year-old son, Dylan, in 2012, is scheduled to begin Monday with jury selection.

One hundred and thirty-five people, 45 people in three groups, have been called to the La Plata County Courthouse as potential jurors.

Judge Jeffrey Wilson’s goal is to have attorneys trim the pool down to about 28 potential jurors from each group to move on to individual questioning and selection of a 14-member jury, 12 jurors and two alternates.

A jury is expected to be selected by the morning of June 21, with opening arguments expected to get under way that afternoon.

The trial is expected to last until Aug. 2.

More than 1,000 exhibits could be introduced and dozens of witnesses called.

The prosecution has 500-plus exhibits it might introduce at trial and a similar number is expected from the defense.

At a pretrial conference on Friday, District Attorney Christian Champagne said 5-inch thick binders will be provided for jurors to keep track of exhibits, and defense attorney Justin Bogan said the defense team plans to follow a similar procedure.

“If we’re talking about 500 exhibits from the prosecution and who knows how many from (the defense) it’s going to be hard on the jurors,” Wilson said.

Redwine is charged with second-degree murder and knowingly reckless child abuse.

Dylan Redwine disappeared during a court-ordered visit with his father in Vallecito over the Thanksgiving Day weekend. His father, Mark Redwine, was arrested in connection with the boy’s death in 2017.
(Durango Herald file)

Justice for Dylan!

~~~~Justice for Dylan!!! an angelic monkey ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: June 16, 2021, 08:46:21 PM »

Please keep Dylan's family, friends, and everyone involved in the search for Dylan and this journey to justice in your prayers.  Pray for discernment for Judge Wilson and the jury when seated.  If things go as forecast opening arguments could be as soon as Monday afternoon.  It's about to get real in this case, and I'm sure the tension and anticipation are overwhelming for some if not all.  Dylan's friends were his age when this happened, it has indelibly changed their lives.  I'm praying for peace for those who testify on Dylan's behalf, I know it won't be easy or comfortable facing Mark.  They thought they knew him.    

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/photos/a.555396767820264/619899824703291/?__tn__=%2CO*F

an angelic monkey

Justice for Dylan!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 07:45:50 PM by texasmom » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: June 20, 2021, 09:20:16 PM »

https://gazette.com/news/slaying-of-13-year-old-dylan-redwine-of-monument-gets-focus-at-fathers-durango-trial/article_0fa1aa20-d067-11eb-83b3-7f52ecc9ecee.html

Slaying of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine of Monument gets focus at father's Durango trial
By Lance Benzel The Denver Gazette Jun 20, 2021 Updated 2 hrs ago

Opening statements are set for Monday afternoon at the trial of a southern Colorado father accused of killing and dismembering 13-year-old Dylan Redwine of Monument.

Opening remarks are expected to begin at 1:30 p.m., once a jury has been seated. Jury selection started June 14, court records show. The trial is expected to last 4-5 weeks. Mark Redwine faces the potential of up to 48 years in prison if convicted of second-degree murder, the top charge against him. He is also charged with child abuse resulting in death. He has pleaded not guilty to both counts.

Redwine remains held without bail at the La Plata County Jail in Durango.

The trial will be broadcast over a court web application and is open to members of the public, who can log on from their home computers, though they must mute their microphones throughout and follow the judge’s instructions as relayed during the trial.

The link to monitor the trial is: https://tinyurl.com/y4dfascs.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: June 22, 2021, 12:18:05 PM »

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/evidence-from-skull-central-in-mark-redwine-trial/

Evidence from skull central in Mark Redwine trial
Prosecutors say sordid photographs discovered by boy led to his death at the hands of his father
By Patrick Armijo
Monday, Jun. 21, 2021 8:36 Updated Monday, Jun. 21, 2021 8:42

Interpreting the marks left on the skull of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine proved central to opening statements Monday in the long-delayed trial of Mark Redwine, who is charged with second-degree murder of his son during a 2012 Thanksgiving Day visit to Vallectio.

Prosecutor Fred Johnson, a special district attorney with the 20th Judicial District in Boulder, said fractures on the skull showed clear evidence of blunt-force trauma leading to the boy’s death, and, additionally, other smaller cut marks on the skull look as if it was tampered with using human tools.

Sordid photographs Dylan discovered on Redwine’s computer showing his father consuming fecal matter from a diaper while dressed in women’s underwear, Johnson said, were the trigger that sent Redwine into a rage that led him to kill his son.

Defense attorney John Moran said the marks left on the skull were more likely left by a bear or a mountain lion, and they show an animal attack is the most likely explanation leading to the boy’s death.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: June 22, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/dylan-redwine/mark-redwine-trial-day-2/73-c51af658-5668-4c51-8926-213b37dd7d84

Friends recount final conversations with Dylan Redwine before his disappearance
Friends of Dylan Redwine testified about their last conversations with the 13-year-old before his November 2012 disappearance.
Author: Allison Sylte
Published: 4:20 PM MDT June 22, 2021
Updated: 4:22 PM MDT June 22, 2021

DURANGO, Colo. — Dylan Redwine was by all accounts a normal 13-year-old boy who loved to hang out with his friends, had a rambunctious streak and was often texting people on his phone and on his iPod throughout the day.

These seemingly mundane interactions were the key part of the first day of testimony in the trial of the boy’s father, Mark Redwine, who is charged with second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for Dylan's November 2012 disappearance.

Ryan Nava, who is now 22, was one of Dylan Redwine’s closet friends and was among the last people who communicated with him. Nava testified that the day before Dylan was reported missing, the two had made plans for him to come to his home early that morning after his dad had reportedly nixed a sleepover.

“He never showed up,” Nava said.

RELATED: Dylan Redwine's father is set to stand trial after multiple delays. Here's what we know about the case.

He was the first witness called to the stand and was asked to recount a series of text messages that the two adolescent boys had exchanged nearly nine years ago.

“We became pretty close,” he said of Dylan. “I’d say we were in ‘best friend’ territory."

Nava said that the day after he last heard from Dylan, Mark Redwine came to his house to look for Dylan.

“I texted him ‘dude, your dad’s looking for you,’ ” Nava said. “I became more worried, and later I told him ‘dude, you need to call somebody, anybody as soon as possible.’ ”

He didn't get a response.

The trial will continue Wednesday with testimony describing surveillance video of Dylan and Mark Redwine inside a Walmart the night he was last heard from. The boy was seen looking in the electronics aisle while his father shopped for food.

--Edited to add article below--

Video and photos at the link
https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/dylan-redwines-friends-testify-on-second-day-of-jury-trial/
Dylan Redwine’s friends testify on second day of jury trial
Friends describe boy’s habit of quickly responding to texts, and alarm when he stopped communicating
By Patrick Armijo
Tuesday, Jun. 22, 2021 8:26 Updated Tuesday, Jun. 22, 2021 8:47
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:19:20 PM by grace-land » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: June 23, 2021, 09:31:52 PM »

Photos and videos at the link

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/redwine-trial-disturbing-photos-shatter-dylans-image-of-his-dad/
Redwine trial: Disturbing photos shatter Dylan’s image of his dad
Older brother says 12-year-old boy ‘lost any reason to look up to Mark that day’
By Patrick Armijo
Wednesday, Jun. 23, 2021 7:54 Updated Wednesday, Jun. 23, 2021 8:02

Dylan Redwine discovered sordid pictures of his father during a 2011 Midwest trip with him and his older brother, Cory – shattering the then 12-year-old boy’s image of Mark Redwine.

Cory Redwine testified Wednesday that Dylan discovered the photos of Mark Redwine eating feces from a diaper, while dressed in a diaper and women’s clothing.

“Dylan lost any reason to look up to Mark that day,” Cory said.

The testimony came during the third day of the trial for Mark Redwine, 59, for second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in Dylan’s death.

While Mark Redwine was sleeping during the 2011 trip, Dylan discovered the photos on Redwine’s computer, became agitated and struggled to get Cory’s attention.

“He was pretty disgusted. It was something he had to try to contain himself,” Cory said.

Dylan eventually showed Cory the photographs after the two had locked themselves in a hotel room bathroom.

Cory then took photos of the photographs with his cellphone.

In opening statements, prosecutors said Dylan’s confrontation with his father about the photos was the trigger that sent Mark Redwine into a rage leading him to kill his son during a 2012 Thanksgiving holiday court-ordered custody visit in Vallecito.

Before Cory Redwine’s testimony, Elaine Hall, Dylan and Cory’s mother, told of her frantic search that began Nov., 19, 2012, when Dylan first was reported missing by Mark Redwine.

As Dylan Redwine was boarding a plane to begin his court-ordered 2012 Thanksgiving holiday visit to Vallecito, Hall said she teased a hug out of her son.

“He was boarding his plane; he was walking away. I said, ‘Oh, you’re too old to give your mom a hug?’ And he came back and gave me a hug,” she said, wiping her eyes with a tissue.

It would be the last time Elaine Hall saw her youngest son alive.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: June 24, 2021, 07:36:29 PM »

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Case_Details.cfm?Case_ID=3492

17CR343 PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO v. MARK REDWINE - Trial Exhibits
People's Admitted Exhibits

Exhibits 17, 18, 19, and 20 are the disgusting pictures of Mark Redwine in women's lingerie and eating feces, that Dylan found on his laptop in 2011.

I'd only ever seen one of them until today.  Sickening and heartbreaking for Cory and Dylan, I can only imagine how they felt seeing their dad that way.   

Warning before viewing them...you can't unsee them.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: June 24, 2021, 07:43:45 PM »

I've been watching (or listening when audio only was available) to the trial on Webex and Youtube.

If anyone else is interested in following here are a couple links where you can find the trial livestreamed and/or clips from the testimony.

Webex has been much better since jury selection, the audio was horrible the first few days.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Index.cfm?County_ID=13

https://www.youtube.com/c/LawCrimeNetwork/videos

Justice for Dylan! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: July 08, 2021, 10:41:37 AM »

https://durangoherald.com/articles/47463#image=gallery-images-modal-59

SHAUN STANLEY/Durango Herald File Photo
In December 2012, Mark Redwine spoke about Dylan from his front door.
"All we want for Christmas is Dylan home."

http://**/2014/05/10/mark-redwine-explains-swat-hallucination-and-quest-to-find-all-of-his-sons-remains/

May 2014

Redwine reported that his 13-year-old son, Dylan, vanished on Nov. 19, 2012, during a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit to his home.
A few bones and clothing of the Colorado Springs eighth-grader were discovered in late June about 10 miles north of Redwine’s house.

“It’s only a mile away as the crow flies,” Redwine said. “I can see it from my front porch.”

The trial is long and arduous, I've been following as closely as possible.  My heart goes out to Dylan's loved ones who are in the courtroom especially.
One juror (#9 male) has fever today and was replaced by an alternate juror.

an angelic monkey

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: July 14, 2021, 07:24:24 PM »

Closing arguments could start tomorrow, after which the jury will receive instructions and begin deliberations.
This trial has been a humdinger (for lack of a better word), please pray for discernment for the judge and jury.
Praying for justice for this sweet boy and all who love him.  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Webex livestream link here:  https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Index.cfm?County_ID=13

This channel has been livestreaming as well. https://www.youtube.com/c/LawCrimeNetwork/videos

Justice for Dylan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:53 PM »

I knew he wouldn't, he would have been so riled by this prosecution team on cross that his word salad would have turned into a straight up confession!
   Monkey Devil!

Justice for Dylan!  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8qMUqp1zM

Dylan Redwine Murder: Dad Mark Redwine Will Not Testify In His Own Trial

CBS Denver

Mark Redwine will not testify in his own murder trial. He is accused of murdering his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine, during a court-mandated visit in 2012.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:30:40 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: July 14, 2021, 08:41:03 PM »

Love, hugs, and prayers, especially for Dylan's sweet warrior mutti, Elaine!  Please Lord, let her see Justice for Dylan!  an angelic monkey

https://twitter.com/RedwineDylan/status/1415359325447413760/photo/1

DylanRedwineJustice
@RedwineDylan
·
9h
#MarkRedwine Won't take the stand.....
 #JusticeForDylan

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »

Justice for Dylan!  an angelic monkey

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/mark-redwine-murder-trial-goes-to-jury-after-closing-arguments

Mark Redwine murder trial goes to jury after closing arguments
Jury now in deliberations five weeks since trial started

By: Blair MillerPosted at 5:14 PM, Jul 15, 2021 and last updated 6:23 PM, Jul 15, 2021

DENVER – Nearly nine years since Dylan Redwine disappeared from his father’s home near Vallecito Lake in southwestern Colorado, a jury is deciding whether his father, Mark Redwine, killed the boy after several weeks of trial arguments.

The jury got the case Thursday afternoon following closing arguments from Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dougherty, who was brought in to prosecute the case, and Mark Redwine’s defense counsel Thursday.

Dougherty acknowledged that much of the evidence of the case was circumstantial in his closing arguments but walked the jury back through the evidence presented throughout the weekslong trial, arguing that Dylan and his father’s relationship was already frayed when Dylan flew to Durango for a mandatory visit and that Mark Redwine killed his son in a fit of rage during an argument just hours after Dylan arrived.

“The defendant killed his son because of a damaged relationship that turned deadly on Nov. 18, 2012,” Dougherty said. “Who’s the last person seen with Dylan? Who was with him when he was never heard from again? The answer to both questions is the defendant.”

Dougherty claimed Mark Redwine was the only person who had an opportunity and reason to hurt Dylan, reiterated evidence presented in court that Dylan’s blood was found inside his home, that cadaver dogs hit on scents of human remains inside Mark Redwine’s home, truck and on his clothes, and said that Mark was suspicious and evasive in the weeks, months and years that followed his son’s disappearance.

Dougherty said Mark Redwine killed his son and dismembered him, scattering his skull in a different location up Middle Mountain Road because it showed evidence of blunt force and sharp force injuries that the prosecution says was inflicted by Mark, causing his son’s death.

He said that Mark discarded photos of his son and withdrew money from a bank account before Dylan’s remains were found and said the defense’s arguments that Dylan was killed by an animal while walking to meet a friend could not be true based on testimony from animal experts.

Dougherty also worked to refute the defense’s argument that Dylan may have been alive the morning after he was last seen alive.

“If Dylan were alive the morning of Nov. 19, he’d be communicating and responding to friends and his mom. But he’s gone completely dark,” he said.

Dougherty said that he believed the deteriorating relationship and pictures shown in court of Mark Redwine allegedly eating feces and wearing women’s lingerie that Dylan is suspected of confronting his father about led Mark Redwine to become enraged and kill his son after Dylan’s mother got custody of him months earlier. Dylan’s brother, according to the defense, had confronted Mark about the photos while Mark and Dylan were on a separate road trip prior to November 2012.

And he said that while Dylan’s remains were eaten by animals scavenging for food, evidence of the alleged blunt- and sharp-force injuries on his bones was still enough for experts who spoke at the trial to determine they could have been made by another human, which prosecutors argue could only have been his father.

After the defense’s arguments and a brief break, Dougherty finished his closing arguments by telling the jury to look at their instructions and to find that Mark Redwine killed his son based on the evidence presented.

“Murders almost always happen behind closed doors and we look to evidence. And there is a mountain of evidence behind us here, and it all points to this man being the killer,” he said, pointing to Mark Redwine in court.

He ended his presentation by talking about the text Dylan’s mother, Elaine, sent to him the night he was last seen, asking him how the trip was going and if he was OK.

“She’s been waiting 9 years for a response because this guy killed her son,” he told the jury. “This is the response she gets now. No, your son was not OK. Mark Redwine killed him and should be held fully responsible and fully accountable.”

The jury was sent to deliberate just after 3:30 p.m. Thursday and went home for the day about 45 minutes later. The jury is expected to return for deliberations on Friday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: July 16, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

GUILTY!!!    

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/dylan-redwine/mark-redwine-trial-verdict/73-a417b4e1-3c9d-4741-bac1-f4b87f367c30

DYLAN REDWINE
'He's Dylan's murderer': Jury convicts Mark Redwine on all counts
Dylan Redwine disappeared in November 2012. A jury on Friday convicted his father of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Author: Allison Sylte, Janet Oravetz (9News)
Published: 2:03 PM MDT July 16, 2021
Updated: 4:18 PM MDT July 16, 2021

DURANGO, Colo. — A jury on Friday afternoon found Mark Redwine guilty of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death for the 2012 disappearance of his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine.

"Mark is going to be penalized for what he did to my son and he knows as well as us that he was the one who took Dylan's life," Dylan's mother Elaine Hall said after the verdict.

Dylan Redwine was last seen alive the night of Nov. 18, 2012. He had been in Vallecito for a court-ordered visit with his father. Prosecutors said the two had a fraught relationship after the boy discovered lewd photos of Mark Redwine, and Dylan Redwine’s mom and friends testified that he was not looking forward to the visit with his father.

Mark Redwine was indicted for the boy’s murder in 2017, and his trial has been delayed multiple times due to everything from the arrest of his attorney to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"The right person was held accountable," said Cory Redwine, Dylan's older brother, and Mark's son. "It was a relief for all of our family that the hard work paid off with a guilty verdict. When all the past nine years get boiled down into that last 30 minutes it definitely has a strong effect inside the courtroom.

The case brought national attention to the southwestern Colorado town of Vallecito when Dylan Redwine was first reported missing, and multiple family members appeared on “The Dr. Phil Show” in 2013.

Attorneys delivered opening statements on June 21, and testimony ended on July 14. Dozens of people took the witness stand including members of the search and rescue team who first looked for Dylan Redwine, animal behavioral experts who testified about bear hibernation and DNA analysts.

"This entire process has been surreal," Hall said. "From the moment Dylan went missing until we found his remains, we've lived in this world of not knowing what happened to my son.

"I think the prosecution did a wonderful job of laying out what happened to my son in the last hours of his life. It was pretty clear the right verdict was given today."

Prosecutors showed Dylan Redwine’s phone and iPod records. His communication ended at 9:37 p.m., on Nov. 18, 2012 and his devices and backpack have not been recovered to this day.

"I hope this case helps people deal with the anger and frustration in different ways," Hall said. "This never should have happened to my son."

The defense has argued the boy wandered off on his own and possibly succumbed to the elements or a wild animal, a theory the jury ultimately rejected with their guilty verdict.

That verdict brought an end to any relationship between Cory Redwine and his father.

"I would rather be here to see him under different circumstances," he said. "He's where he belongs. He's Dylan's murderer, and that's what he'll be remembered and how he'll have to live the rest of his life. May God have sympathy for him, but as far as me, he's no longer a part of my thoughts."

Both Cory Redwine and his mother said they're hopeful they finally move on and remember Dylan's life instead of focusing on his death as they have been for nearly nine years.

"I'll remember Dylan for what he was when he was alive," Cory Redwine said. "How bright and how powerful he was as a young child. These nine years have been focused on his death, and it's a complete misrepresentation of who Dylan really was."

"There's so many emotions right now," Hall said. "I've cried. I've been mad, right now I'm just ready to start remembering Dylan and his story rather than the gruesome details of his death."

Sentencing for Mark Redwine is set for Friday, Oct. 8 at 9 a.m. He will be held without bond until then.

FINALLY, Justice for Dylan!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:29:31 PM by texasmom » Logged

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: July 16, 2021, 09:57:46 PM »

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/jury-finds-mark-redwine-guilty-of-murder-child-abuse-resulting-in-death-of-son-dylan
Jury finds Mark Redwine guilty of murder, child abuse resulting in death of son Dylan
Sentencing set for Oct. 8
By: Blair MillerPosted at 3:11 PM, Jul 16, 2021 and last updated 7:05 PM, Jul 16, 2021

DENVER – A La Plata County jury on Friday found Mark Redwine guilty of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in the death of his son, Dylan Redwine, who disappeared in November 2012.

The judge set Redwine’s sentencing date for Oct. 8 at 9 a.m. Both counts Redwine was convicted on are Class 2 felonies, which carry potential prison sentences of up to 48 years.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #715 on: July 17, 2021, 05:48:40 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: July 17, 2021, 08:23:41 PM »

So good to see you, Buckeye! 

I thought about you when I was here posting the news, hoping you'd see it!   

Judge Wilson did a very good job considering a whole lot of testing by defense counsel, and the jury did their job and saw through the smoke and mirrors. 
I'm relieved beyond words, and so thankful! 

Sweet Dylan, he finally has justice.   an angelic monkey

I hope Judge Wilson will impose the maximum at sentencing in October.  No mercy, none.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: July 18, 2021, 07:05:39 AM »

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/dylans-mother-says-she-never-gave-up-fighting-for-justice/

Dylan’s mother says she never gave up fighting for justice

Family, friends celebrate guilty verdict outside courthouse
By Shane Benjamin Herald deputy editor
Friday, Jul. 16, 2021 7:08 Updated Friday, Jul. 16, 2021 10:43

Elaine Hall said Friday’s guilty verdict is the end of one chapter and the beginning of another – but it doesn’t bring closure.

“We're never going to have closure because you can't have closure when a piece of your life and your heart is missing," Hall said.

About 20 friends and family members of Hall gathered outside the La Plata County Courthouse after a 12-person jury found her ex-husband, Mark Redwine, guilty of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in the death of their 13-year-old son, Dylan.

Some cheered, others hugged and wept tears of joy.

Friends described Hall as a pillar of strength throughout the yearslong effort to seek justice. But Hall shrugged it off, saying she did what came naturally.

“You really have no choice when your child goes missing and is subsequently found murdered,” Hall said. “I mean, what are you supposed to do? You can't just roll over in your bed and ignore the world. You have to fight, and that's what we did."

She thanked the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and the 6th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for the time and resources they spent bringing the case to trial. It never would have happened without a turnover in leadership at the Sheriff’s Office and the District Attorney’s Office, she said.

Hall spent nearly five weeks in the courtroom with her ex-husband, but she said she didn’t notice anything remarkable about Redwine’s demeanor or his reaction to Friday’s verdict.

And she doesn’t try to understand what he might be thinking.

"You can't get in the mind of someone crazy like that,” she said. “There’s no logic. There’s nothing. He looked just like he did when Dylan went missing. Mark has always been worried about one person, and that’s Mark, and that will never change."

Her son, Cory Redwine, told jurors that he still loves his father, whom he refers to as Mark. And he said that remains true today, even after Friday’s guilty verdict.

“I wanted Mark and Dylan to be a part of my life,” he said outside the courthouse. “I loved Mark for many, many years, and he was kind to me for many years, and those are memories that I will always hold onto. But he did what he did, and he’s going to have to face the consequence for that."

Hall said it was a complicated case with a mountain of evidence. Even she learned new details about the investigation sitting through the five-week trial, she said.

It was tough seeing some of Dylan’s friends take the witness stand and imagining who her son might have become, she said. She said his future was wide open, but she is certain he would have been a loving uncle and a “stand-up man like his brother.”

“It breaks my heart, but at the same time I'm so proud of them," she said of Dylan’s friends, who are now in their 20s.

One of those friends was Ryan Nava, whom Dylan planned meet the morning he went missing. Outside the courthouse, Nava expressed relief that the justice system works, something he hasn’t been certain of since childhood.

Nava said he never had a strong opinion about Redwine’s guilt, but now he can say without a doubt Redwine is guilty.

Nava knew Dylan for about three years. He said Dylan probably would have grown up to look a lot like his older brother, Cory, and had similar traits. But Dylan was a unique person, and so much fun, he said.

“I think about him a lot,” Nava said. “I hope I made him proud.”

Hall thanked the community for its support and resources spent in bringing the case to trial.

She said strangers missed Thanksgiving with their families to search for Dylan.

“And it’s frustrating to me,” she said, “because throughout the whole time that Dylan was missing, Mark knew where he was."

shane@durangoherald.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: July 21, 2021, 06:35:56 PM »

Beautiful.  an angelic monkey
Tears over here too, so bittersweet.  an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/BayfieldColorado/posts/3145895815641544

Town Of Bayfield
23 hours ago

Bittersweet.  Posting with permission of the family of Dylan Redwine.  Town Proclamation to honor his memory and the dedication of his family and many public agencies.  Tears and hugs all the way around.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2021, 04:24:02 PM »

JUSTICE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just makes my heart ache that the last thing that boy saw was his own dad killing him.

Thank you Texasmom for never giving up and following this case all the way through, finally justice has come. I pray his family can heal...Dylan will never be forgotten.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.