March 19, 2024, 01:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dylan Redwine, 13yrs old, last seen 11/19/12, Vallecito, CO Remains found #3  (Read 463413 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2021, 08:17:52 AM »

JUSTICE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just makes my heart ache that the last thing that boy saw was his own dad killing him.

Thank you Texasmom for never giving up and following this case all the way through, finally justice has come. I pray his family can heal...Dylan will never be forgotten.

My heart aches too.  

Today is the sentencing, I pray Mark Redwine is sentenced to the maximum of 48 years, it's certainly not enough for what he's done imo.  

Thank you for being here too, Kermit!  

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Index.cfm?County_ID=13

People v. Mark Redwine  2017CR343

Sentencing: October 8, 2021 at 9:00 am

Justice for Dylan!
 an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 08:22:34 AM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2021, 11:01:23 AM »

JUSTICE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just makes my heart ache that the last thing that boy saw was his own dad killing him.

Thank you Texasmom for never giving up and following this case all the way through, finally justice has come. I pray his family can heal...Dylan will never be forgotten.

My heart aches too.  

Today is the sentencing, I pray Mark Redwine is sentenced to the maximum of 48 years, it's certainly not enough for what he's done imo.  

Thank you for being here too, Kermit!  

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Index.cfm?County_ID=13

People v. Mark Redwine  2017CR343

Sentencing: October 8, 2021 at 9:00 am

Justice for Dylan!
 an angelic monkey

Mark Redwine was sentenced to 48 years for each count, to be served concurrently with five years probation to follow.

Thank you, Lord!!!

Finally, Justice for Dylan!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #722 on: October 08, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »

Mark Redwine is sentenced to 48 years in prison in his son's death.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texasmom, you are the greatest, why? Cuz you never waivered in getting justice for this child. You certainly have an angel in heaven by your never wavering one single bit that Mark Redwine was guilty. Anyone can read all these threads to prove it. I thank you for being that kind of person. The world needs more of you.

Thank you thank you thank you. I salute you.

Justice was finally served today. 48 years, he'll probably die in prison and get a potters burial. Thank heaven.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: October 08, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »

agreed should have been more time, as in life no possibility of parole
yes and the last thing Dylan sees a monster that is your father killing
you just heartbreaking
I looked up the parole laws/rules, as some states are more lenient
looks like MR will have to do 75% of the sentence plus other factors
he is an A hole so will prob do the whole 48, I hope
thanks monkeys for keeping up with the cases

https://cdoc.colorado.gov/parole-and-re-entry-services/supervision/parole

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: October 08, 2021, 08:35:36 PM »

Thanks, texasmom, for all of your hard work, perseverance and dedication for Justice for Dylan and support of the family.
What a bittersweet day...sentencing today and the reality of great loss...rest in peace, dear Dylan.  an angelic monkey

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/mark-redwine-sentenced-to-48-years-in-prison-in-2012-murder-of-son
Mark Redwine sentenced to 48 years in prison in 2012 murder of son
By: Stephanie ButzerPosted at 11:09 AM, Oct 08, 2021 and last updated 6:32 PM, Oct 08, 2021

Judge Jeffrey Wilson said Mark Redwine, 59, still took absolutely no responsibility for what he did to his son.

At the sentencing Friday morning, Wilson said he had trouble remembering a convicted criminal defendant that has shown such an utter lack of remorse for his criminal behavior.

"The community needs to be protected from you. You need to be removed from society for a very long period of time," Wilson said. "I’m going to sentence you to 48 years on both counts, with five years of parole, will be served concurrently. You’ll receive 1,540 days of credit for time served."

Dylan Redwine's mother, Elaine Hall, also spoke during the sentencing. She recalled the heartbreak of the previous nine years, and now the frustration that Mark Redwine showed no remorse for his actions.

"When I think about what happened that night, it breaks my heart to think of Dylan looking up at his dad," she said. "I don't even think it phased you, which is why you need the max sentence."
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: December 07, 2021, 04:36:25 AM »

Thank you all for your kind words!  
From the first time I saw Mark Redwine speak publicly about Dylan, I knew in my heart he'd done the unthinkable!
THANK YOU ALL, for being here with me, and supporting Dylan's precious family.  They were drug through the ringer, but they never backed down and never gave up on Justice for Dylan.

Dylan will always be in my heart, he will never be forgotten.  an angelic monkey

This special is on tomorrow night on A & E, I think it may include some interviews with the family and others after the verdict as well.

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/5545963438763547

Dylan Redwine-The Journey to Justice

Don’t forget to tune in tomorrow. The trial for murdering Dylan Redwine will be the 1hr special.
The one hour special is scheduled to air on Wednesday, December 8th at 10pm ET on the A&E Network - as a part of the series “Killer Cases”  produced by Law&Crime Productions, focusing on the most noteworthy first degree murder trials in the U.S. in recent times.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2022, 07:05:37 PM »

I was hoping for this.  THANK YOU, DR. PHIL, for helping the world see Dylan's monster. an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/5917003568326197

23m  ·
Dr. Phil was there in the very beginning and stayed with the case all the way to the end. Last week Elaine and Cory did a taping with Dr. Phil in Los Angeles to more less wrap things up. 
The episode will air Tuesday, April 12th. Please check here for your local listings:
https://www.drphil.com/local-listings/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: May 13, 2022, 07:10:14 AM »

I was hoping for this.  THANK YOU, DR. PHIL, for helping the world see Dylan's monster. an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine/posts/5917003568326197

23m  ·
Dr. Phil was there in the very beginning and stayed with the case all the way to the end. Last week Elaine and Cory did a taping with Dr. Phil in Los Angeles to more less wrap things up. 
The episode will air Tuesday, April 12th. Please check here for your local listings:
https://www.drphil.com/local-listings/

If you didn't catch the update show with Elaine and Cory on Dr. Phil, this is a link to the full episode.

https://youtu.be/m91dclkdmsk

True Crime Updates! (April 20, 2022) | Dr. Phil 2022 (Full Episode) S20 E133

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: May 13, 2022, 07:28:01 AM »

I'm so thankful and relieved to report that Dylan's loved ones were FINALLY able to give him a proper burial next to his Oma, Maria.  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

They had a service on May 7th for him, attended by many of Dylan's Warriors.  

Cristan was one of Dylan's sweet friends, she testified at the trial and she shared some pictures from the service.  This is one from the gravesite.

Rest in peace now, sweet Dylan!  You will always be loved and remembered, forever in our hearts!  an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5105677329475751&set=pcb.5105677986142352

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 08:08:46 AM by texasmom » Logged

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #729 on: May 23, 2022, 06:11:56 PM »

Texasmom,
You are a very special woman who never ever gave up on this child. Shows your steadfastness for righteousness and I think you are a special person in this world.
May that child find peace and love now and one day be reunited with his mother and family.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2022, 07:24:58 PM »

Texasmom,
You are a very special woman who never ever gave up on this child. Shows your steadfastness for righteousness and I think you are a special person in this world.
May that child find peace and love now and one day be reunited with his mother and family.

That's very sweet, thank you, Kermit!  I think you're pretty special too! 

I pray the same for Dylan and his loved ones.   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2022, 10:25:56 PM »

https://www.durangoherald.com/articles/where-would-dylan-redwine-be-today

Where would Dylan Redwine be today?

On anniversary of boy’s death, Dylan’s mother imagines what could have been
By Megan K. Olsen Herald Staff Writer
Friday, Nov 18, 2022 5:25 PM

On the anniversary of her son’s death, Elaine Hall has only messages of love and gratitude for the people around her.

It’s been 10 years since the murder of Dylan Redwine at the hands of his father, Mark Redwine, who was found guilty Oct. 8, 2021, and sentenced to 48 years in prison.

Despite all that Hall has been through over the last decade, she wants everyone to know she is doing OK, even though November is a tough month for her.

“November was always a hard month. It’s bittersweet because my other son, Cory, and my stepson were born in November. My mom was born in November. But at the same time, you know, it’s also the month of Dylan's demise, which breaks my heart. I wish I could be in a Green Day song, and you could wake me up when November ends.”

Hall also wants everyone to know Dylan’s older brother, Cory, is also doing great.

“He’s working for Department of Human Services in Cañon City,” she said. “He’s actually got a pretty pivotal role for advocating for children. So it’s certainly something he wanted to do after what happened to his brother. He married his high school sweetheart from Bayfield. And he’s got two kids, 4 and 8. So yeah, they’re doing well.”

Imagining where Dylan would be today at the age of 23, Hall says she and Cory have differing opinions.

“We talk about that all the time. Corey insists he’d be in college, but I think he would have graduated from college by now. Maybe (majoring) in something crazy like physics or engineering or sports science. Something along those lines,” she said.

“It’s hard to try and think about what your child will be doing 10 years later. He was 13 when he left us. At 13, there’s so many years that kind of define who you are as a man, as a person. You can only look from their past character; he certainly was a stand-up kid. So, I’m sure he would be a stand-up man as well.”

Hall divorced Mark Redwine in 2008, and was given primary custody of their two sons, Dylan and Cory. While staying with his father in Vallecito during Thanksgiving for a court-ordered visit, Dylan made plans to visit a friend on Nov. 19, 2012, but he never showed up. He was reported missing by his father later that day. He remained missing until June 27, 2013, when his remains were found in a wooded area north of Vallecito Lake. Redwine was arrested and charged with Dylan’s murder on July 22, 2017.

Though it took several years for her ex-husband to be tried and found guilty of Dylan’s murder, Hall is simply grateful for all the work that went into bringing justice for her son.

“I am pleased with the outcome, and maybe we wouldn’t have had the correct outcome if we would have pushed it. So, I tried to remain patient and diligent and always make sure people heard me,” she said. “I’m just pleased with how the (La Plata County) Sheriff’s Office and how the District Attorney’s Office and everybody, all of the players, did everything. I was really impressed, and there was so much I didn’t know.”

Hall’s gratitude also extends to those residents in the La Plata County area who did everything they could to find Dylan when he went missing, as well as support her and her family during the investigation and trial.

“The community is a huge part of why we found Dylan. I wasn’t the only voice. The community had a voice, and they were loud, and it was strong. I was really impressed and in such awe. Most of these people didn’t even know my son or me. For them to step up and just be so bold and so tenacious, it was very inspiring, and I can never, ever show my gratitude enough. There were so many people who rallied around us and around what needed to happen. I mean, still to this day, anytime I come up in the area, people are like, ‘You can stay here.’ A lot of these people I didn’t even know when I lived there. They came together for us, for Dylan. It’s just such an amazing group and community.”

Hall then adds that despite what she has lost, she has also gained friendships.

“I’ve got a lot of lifelong friends because of what happened,” she said. “So Dylan, at least, took care of his mom in that department.”

Hall is also not worried about any appeals Mark Redwine and his attorneys have filed or will file in the future.

“I try not to worry about things I cannot control,” she said. “I learned that in the year after this all occurred. If there is an appeal, then we’ll just let the process play again, as it did the first time. And I’m confident that we’ll end up with the same result.”

As for Hall’s plans for the anniversary of Dylan’s passing, she thinks a quiet drive might be in order.

“Generally, my husband and I go up into the mountains. I will probably turn my radio on and listen to all my songs that remind me of Dylan. For me, it’s just kind of a peaceful, quiet time. I talk to him so much, when I’m just driving. It's like he’s sitting right beside me.”

Hall wants friends and acquaintances to remember Dylan was like during his short but happy life.

“I just remember how wonderful of a kid he was,” she said. “He was so spunky. He was so vibrant. So full of energy and life and really cared deeply about people. He didn’t want people to be stressed. I mean, he really was a peacemaker. I miss that so much about him.”

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2022, 07:30:31 AM »

::MonkeyHeart: 
Hi Monkeys! Haven't been here in so many years. So glad that Dylan's father has been brought to justice. I also thank you Texasmom for never giving up.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: December 15, 2022, 09:29:08 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Haven't been here in so many years. So glad that Dylan's father has been brought to justice. I also thank you Texasmom for never giving up.

Hi 4getUnot! 

I'm so glad Mark is in prison where he belongs too.  Unfortunately they put him in a facility that is very near Dylan's loved ones, that's irritating to say the least. 
Thank you for the compliment, it was worth every second and the heartache supporting Dylan's loved ones on their journey to justice for him. 
He'll always be in my heart.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.