March 28, 2024, 04:16:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #6 7/2/13 - 7/9/13  (Read 240848 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: July 08, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »

would this case be getting so much attention if the crime was black on black, white on white or hispanic on hispanic?
what decides which cases get the most attention? the public? there must be hundreds of shootings that never get any attention...other than when the case is over and the shooter is sentenced or released....dunno...

If they would have went ahead and let a grand jury call it self defense it would have not got near this big. It wasn't the shooting ,it was not pressing charges that got people riled up.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: July 08, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »

would this case be getting so much attention if the crime was black on black, white on white or hispanic on hispanic?
what decides which cases get the most attention? the public? there must be hundreds of shootings that never get any attention...other than when the case is over and the shooter is sentenced or released....dunno...

If they would have went ahead and let a grand jury call it self defense it would have not got near this big. It wasn't the shooting ,it was not pressing charges that got people riled up.

I see.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »

July 8, 2013 Tweets cont

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1h 
Court in recess until 8:30 am.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  1h 
On Di Maio : Nelson says state can call him on the phone and ask him about any issues.

Nelson says lawyers will discuss allowing computer animation at 8:30 a.m. hearing tomorrow.

Lawyers now discussing defense witness Vincent Di Maio He's apparently going to testifying about a 90 degree angle of the shot and forensics

Mantei wants to further depose Shoemaker who made computer animated version of shooting.

Corey Dade Corey Dade ‏@CoreyDade  1h 
Court's back in, for attorneys to argue state's objection to defense's use of animation for #Zimmerman's account. #GZtrial #TrayvonMartin
Retweeted by Yamiche Alcindor 

Court is no longer in session but lawyers are having words with each other. Annoyance is palpable.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  2h 
Court is back in session.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-trial-day-10-live-video-analysis-of-states-case-witnesses-2/

Zimmerman Trial Day 10: Live Video, Analysis of State’s Case & Witnesses
Posted by Andrew Branca    Monday, July 8, 2013 at 8:55am

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-trial-day-10-mid-day-vietnam-combat-medic-identifies-zimmerman-as-screamer/

Zimmerman Trial Day 10 — Mid-day — Vietnam Combat Medic Identifies Zimmerman as Screamer
Posted by Andrew Branca    Monday, July 8, 2013 at 1:35pm

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #904 on: July 08, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/RichardHornsby

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby 1m Is BDLR just making stuff up now? Is he going to try and introduce the edited Today Show tape? #ZimmermanTrial

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby 3m So, when BDLR raises his voice at any witness he doesn't like, does it mean he has a Depraved Mind full of ill will, hatred, and spite?
Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby 5m Love the inflections BDLR is adding that don't exist in the tape. #ZimmermanTrial

Ridiculous.  Had BDLR called her a fu***** punk or a**hole, that would surely indicate ill will and spite.  Normal folks don't go around calling other people those names without ill will or anger intended.   

Based only on the tweets it looks like the defense witnesses have been coached.  I would say even more than the prosecution witnesses.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: July 08, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »

July 8, 2013 Tweets cont

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  2m 
The defense is getting the witness to show how #Zimmermanon9 might have been able to shimmy out from under Martin and free his hips.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  5m 
The trainer is demonstrating for the jury with O'Mara on the floor. #Zimmermanon9

I've always thought it was during this exact type of maneuver that the back of George's head was scratched.  I don't believe for one minute that Trayvon beat his head on the sidewalk.  IMO, Trayvon hit George a couple of times and the pansy (who decided he wasn't going to let another a**hole get away) intentionally and with malice shot him over it.

Because of his education and father's background Zimmerman knew exactly what to say and which lies to use to get out of a murder charge.

Oh, and it was God's plan that it all happened.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #906 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

July 8, 2013 Tweets cont

The defense is getting the witness to show how #Zimmermanon9 might have been able to shimmy out from under Martin and free his hips.

The trainer is demonstrating for the jury with O'Mara on the floor. #Zimmermanon9

I've always thought it was during this exact type of maneuver that the back of George's head was scratched.  I don't believe for one minute that Trayvon beat his head on the sidewalk.  IMO, Trayvon hit George a couple of times and the pansy (who decided he wasn't going to let another a**hole get away) intentionally and with malice shot him over it.

Because of his education and father's background Zimmerman knew exactly what to say and which lies to use to get out of a murder charge.

Hi Monkey's and Amys Sister
We need to wait and see. 

Don't make women mad!

Six women on the Jury?  It should be interesting.

I would rather have six men, than six women. Smile

If women don't like someone, it is Toast.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »

Now that the pot smoking is in I hope next they can get the texts about assaulting the bus driver. The jury will sue for wasting their time.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »

and then maybe someone will slip and allow the cousin to tell how GZ, this great guy, molested her....for years.... he got fat because he is eating his secrets... where there is smoke there is fire.. not only with TM but the guy who murdered him...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #909 on: July 08, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »

GZ was not an angel - personally I have some doubt about the molestation charge - since the "girl" was 19 the last time it happened, but I do not think he went out to kill someone. I think he was overzealous in his watch work, but I do not think he ever thought he would have to hurt or kill someone.

On the other hand, I think TM was a punk with a chip on his shoulder. I see these young people all the time. They go around acting like thugs and think the world owes them something. I do not think TM meant for the event to end up with either person being killed. I do think he saw a guy that was following him and it made him angry. He had been in trouble frequently and saw an opportunity to get back at someone that he perceived as an authority.

I think that TM was very aggressive towards GZ and GZ was in fear for his life. Could he have handled it differently? yes. Would I have if I had been in GZ shoes?  I do not know because I was not there. I do know that having a young kid come at you is SCARY. I am older (well, not much but some) and until recently, rather out of shape. I had a kid come at me when he was trying to break into my sister's house. We live in a decent area and have no problems normally. I was afraid when he came at me. I had a gun. Had he gotten close enough to me to lay a hand on me, I can not say if I would have shot him or not. The reason I say this is that NONE of us know if GZ was in fear or not, we do not know that TM had in his mind. We only know that GZ says he was afraid for his life, and the jury will have to decide if he was reasonable in that fear or not. JMO

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »

That is totally seperate and if they have enough evidence Z should have a trial for it.
Martins alleged assault on a random person in Miami shows a pattern.
Or do you mean that he should go to prison for second degree murder because he is a pervert?
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »

Second degree murder was a kneejerk overcharge. But I have watched everyone lie....and so have you. tit for tat perjury... these witnesses are bad liars and diminish what this process should be about... finding the truth. I have not seen evidence.. I have heard lies for 11 days. Body language and voice inflection are giving these people away. The prosecution could not shoot a fish in a barrel. I stand by what I said .. GZ is a liar and murderer who mistook the guy walking home for someone nefarious and set this whole mess into motion. He got fat because he is eating his secrets.....

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #912 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »

He's probably going to get off scott-free, because - to paraphrase Lonesome George - the punk always gets away with it. He assaulted a police officer and got away with it. He assaulted his fiance and got away with it. He (according to her) molested his cousin and got away with it. He lied to the court about bail money and got away with it. So there's nothing to make me think that he won't get away with killing an unarmed kid. Too bad the jury can't watch the antics of his drunken friend Frank on the "news" shows every night. That'd sway them for sure...

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: July 08, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/implosion-police-testify-trayvons-father-originally-denied-son-was-screaming/

Implosion: Police Testify Trayvon’s Father Originally Denied Son Was Screaming
Posted by Andrew Branca    Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6:55pm
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: July 09, 2013, 12:58:15 AM »

Video at the link

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/08/mark-omara-on-george-zimmerman-my-client-will-never-be-safe/

July 8th, 2013  09:42 PM ET
Mark O'Mara on George Zimmerman: "My client will never be safe"

As the George Zimmerman trial moves into its third week, on Monday evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited Mark O'Mara to offer his insight and perspective on the proceedings, as part of a primetime, exclusive interview.

The man tasked with representing the defendant, O'Mara told Piers Morgan that regardless of the case's outcome, Zimmerman will forever be looking over his shoulder:

"First of all, my client will never be safe, because there are a percentage of the population who are angry, they're upset, and they may well take it out on him," said the guest. "So, he'll never be safe."

However, O'Mara stands behind the sanctity and virtue of the country's legal system, hoping only that when the case is over, society can took solace in knowing the verdict comes as the result of honest and forthright litigation:

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #915 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:51 AM »

Hi Cookie.  IMO the case is getting attention because there was no arrest after the shooting of an unarmed teenager walking home.  The person who left their vehicle and is the shooter exhibited anger at the 'punks who always get away'.  He's also a big fat liar who knew he couldn't fight so carried a loaded ready to kill (oops, I mean shoot) gun instead.  IMO, if both the killer and the victim were white this would still be newsworthy but let's face it, if Trayvon were white Zimmerman wouldn't have gone after him.

Imagine Trayvon was your son, black or white or whatever, and he had been shot in the dark in his own neighborhood by a man who had left his vehicle and come after him?  Wouldn't you want an investigation and subsequent trial?

As an aside and not in response to you, doesn't everyone know pot makes a person more relaxed and calm and way less likely to start a fight or confrontation?
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #916 on: July 09, 2013, 02:19:14 AM »

July 8, 2013 Tweets cont

Hi Monkey's and Amys Sister
We need to wait and see. 

Don't make women mad!

Six women on the Jury?  It should be interesting.

I would rather have six men, than six women. Smile

If women don't like someone, it is Toast.

I'm trying to have faith that they will be impartial.  The prosecutor has had a lot to say though it hasn't been pretty and most folks don't see it yet.  Making the case for second degree murder is not off the radar IMO. 

O'Mara is a very good attorney.  Zimmerman chose well in that regard.  I highly respect O'Mara's tenacity and focus. 

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #917 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:37 AM »

He's probably going to get off scott-free, because - to paraphrase Lonesome George - the punk always gets away with it. He assaulted a police officer and got away with it. He assaulted his fiance and got away with it. He (according to her) molested his cousin and got away with it. He lied to the court about bail money and got away with it. So there's nothing to make me think that he won't get away with killing an unarmed kid. Too bad the jury can't watch the antics of his drunken friend Frank on the "news" shows every night. That'd sway them for sure...

The icing on the cake was him donning a cap and gown and attending his college graduation ceremony knowing he didn't graduate.  Seriously??

Monkey Devil!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:11 AM »

Hi Cookie.  IMO the case is getting attention because there was no arrest after the shooting of an unarmed teenager walking home.  The person who left their vehicle and is the shooter exhibited anger at the 'punks who always get away'.  He's also a big fat liar who knew he couldn't fight so carried a loaded ready to kill (oops, I mean shoot) gun instead.  IMO, if both the killer and the victim were white this would still be newsworthy but let's face it, if Trayvon were white Zimmerman wouldn't have gone after him.

Imagine Trayvon was your son, black or white or whatever, and he had been shot in the dark in his own neighborhood by a man who had left his vehicle and come after him?  Wouldn't you want an investigation and subsequent trial?

As an aside and not in response to you, doesn't everyone know pot makes a person more relaxed and calm and way less likely to start a fight or confrontation?
I don't see how a logic mind can compare trace amounts of THC in Trayvon to the unknown amounts of Adderall and Temazepam in Georgie, due to extremely shoddy police work in this case. Georgie SHOULD have been tested that night and yet..... Those 2 drugs have some serious side effects which could have contributed to Georgie's actions that night. Yes, they are legal, no, marijuana is not in the State of Florida, but the legality of them means diddly squat and the side effects of them are what should be looked at.

I agree, the initial public outpouring in this case was due to no arrest. Then once Georgie was arrested that is when America went nuts. From comments I have read all over the internet and from talking to people I know, this is really about perceived gun rights. If Georgie is found guilty, it's another fabricated threat that their "GOD given rights" to their guns will be taken away and Obama will be knocking on their doors the next day. I know not all gun owners think this way, but America is full of those that do.

Casey Anthony's lies were a big issue to Americans, as well as her family's lies. Not so much with Georgie and his family. Their lies are accepted. Georgie's past violence acts against others are swept under the rug by many. True, no charges were made, but violence IS in Georgie's nature.

Wonder what the turnout would have been if Trayvon would have been armed as well? Using it on Georgie in self-defense because he feared for his life, which I believe he did.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: July 09, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »

shortened quote
 ::snipping3::As an aside and not in response to you, doesn't everyone know pot makes a person more relaxed and calm and way less likely to start a fight or confrontation?

He had tweets and texts about wanting a 9mm. Do you think he was going to turn it into a bong?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.