March 28, 2024, 05:09:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #7 7/9/2013-7/11/13  (Read 278153 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  8m 
After a contentious end to the animation reenactment hearing last night, Judge Nelson pushed court's start time back to 9am. #Zimmermanon9
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »

I was just browsing through the "Documents in the Case" support thread and there's some interesting things in there to review.  Also, if anyone has anything they can add for future reference, it's appreciated.  I find it's much easier to have a discussion concerning the points of the case if we have information available to support opinions and argue on the merits of the case with basis. JMHO

Documents in the Case

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12967.msg1518432#msg1518432

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: July 10, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »

I might just go ahead and cuss and raise heck on here today. You can't prove it was me at the keyboard.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:13 AM »

Reading through here this morning...it hit me like a BRICK why I have stayed away from this case.  Purely political.  It is not okay to attack Zimmerman's character and leave Martin's as the sweet little baby angel...if it is possible that he was involved in more or had the potential to do harm...because that COULD have been Zimmerman's DEFENSE.  COULD HAVE BEEN.  So, with open minds....

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:11 AM »

I might just go ahead and cuss and raise heck on here today. You can't prove it was me at the keyboard.

haha same!!!!!
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »

i personally think the defense should just be able to use the animation as a demonstrative aide in their closing arguments.  the judge needs to allow the text messages or this is getting reversed.  the case law, which can be found on www.legalinsurrection.com is clear as day and i suggest people check it out if interested.  My only question is, if she denies the defenses motion to enter the texts, can they immediately appeal to the appeals court or do they wait until their is a verdict?
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »

haha same!!!!!

Either the rules of evidence are woefully inadequate to deal with technology or this judge is extremely naïve or ignorant to what a double password is and the intent as to why some one would have such a set up.

Many individuals have no password on their phones. I don't suggest that but if that was the case then I would agree with the fact that anyone could have sent the texts.

However, when an individual has not one, but two and an app that funnels texts to a different database in a phone ... then the intent is to hide such texts and there is no way another individual would have that pw. The reason why you do this is to hide the texts to be only from you. 

I would not be surprised, depending on what the verdict is in this case if that is not an appeal issue.

One last thing ... if TM had such a propensity to fighting, sorry ... there is no way he was afraid of George Zimmerman. It is more likely that TV would have confronted GZ, not backed away from him. It is a travesty that TM's past does not come in because it tells a jury what his mindset most likely was at the time. JMO.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: July 10, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »

MuffyBee, I will be posting for an hour then I have to leave.  I will return at 2:00 p.m. Florida time. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »

MuffyBee, I will be posting for an hour then I have to leave.  I will return at 2:00 p.m. Florida time. 

Okay grace-land.  If I can pick up the slack I will.  I will be leaving in about 40 minutes (8:35 a.m. cst) and will be away hopefully no more than an hour and I'll be posting tweets after that.  If it wasn't  a long standing appointment, I would move it.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:44 AM »

haha same!!!!!

Either the rules of evidence are woefully inadequate to deal with technology or this judge is extremely naïve or ignorant to what a double password is and the intent as to why some one would have such a set up.

Many individuals have no password on their phones. I don't suggest that but if that was the case then I would agree with the fact that anyone could have sent the texts.

However, when an individual has not one, but two and an app that funnels texts to a different database in a phone ... then the intent is to hide such texts and there is no way another individual would have that pw. The reason why you do this is to hide the texts to be only from you.  

I would not be surprised, depending on what the verdict is in this case if that is not an appeal issue.

One last thing ... if TM had such a propensity to fighting, sorry ... there is no way he was afraid of George Zimmerman. It is more likely that TV would have confronted GZ, not backed away from him. It is a travesty that TM's past does not come in because it tells a jury what his mindset most likely was at the time. JMO.

I have followed Legal Insurrection for years and have linked to it on numerous occasions on SM.com. It is a great site.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zimmerman-judge-needs-to-read-this-case-on-authentication-of-text-messages//#more

A reader forwarded to me the case of State v. Lumarque, 44 So.3d 171, Fla.App. 3 Dist.,2010, in which a Florida appeals court reversed a trial court’s decision to exclude text messages on authentication grounds.  Here’s the pertinent part of the holding (emphasis mine):

On the appeal, we conclude the trial court abused its discretion by concluding that exhibits 5-9 and 11-15 are not admissible in the trial of this case. The State sought to admit into evidence two sexually suggestive images and eleven text messages between the ex-wife and a boyfriend, found on the defendant’s cellular telephone. The ex-wife testified that prior to the assault by the defendant, he showed her the two images and one of the text messages. There also is evidence in the record from which one might infer the defendant examined the ex-wife’s cellular telephone on the morning or afternoon before the alleged incident when he was alone in the house for a brief period after returning their children back to his ex-wife’s home.

At an in limine hearing, the trial court found the two images and one text message the ex-wife testified to admissible, but concluded the remaining exhibits inadmissible as the ex-wife could not authenticate them. The court erred. The images and text messages were found on the defendant’s cellular telephone, seized pursuant to a search of the defendant’s home through a warrant shortly after the alleged incident. This fact, testified by the State’s forensics expert, is sufficient to authenticate these exhibits. U.S. v. Caldwell, 776 F.2d 989, 1001-02 (11th Cir.1985) (holding that authentication of evidence merely requires a finding that the evidence is what it purports to be). It also is immaterial that the ex-wife could not identify each of the messages being shown to her on the night of the incident. Regardless how these images and text messages might have found their way onto the defendant’s cellular telephone, the State has presented sufficient evidence at this stage that these exhibits constitute evidence of motive. Craig v. State, 510 So.2d 857, 863 (Fla.1987) (stating that evidence of motive is admissible when it would help the jury understand other evidence). Accordingly, they are admissible into evidence at the trial of this case upon the State laying the proper predicates as indicated by this opinion….
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets

https://twitter.com/yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  3m 
Lawyers start at the bench.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche  4m 
Court is back in session. #georgezimmerman #trayvonmartin
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: July 10, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman 1m
#Trayvon's parents are in the c-room, #GeorgeZimmerman at defense table. Special Prosecutor Angela Corey in her usual spot in the gallery.
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner
 from Sanford, FL 

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 2m
.@himynamescorey Here's our live stream: http://bit.ly/11wpinH
 View conversation

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
Judge Nelson arrives, #ZimmermanTrial back in session. Watch: http://bit.ly/11wpinH  #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 6m
Screengrab: #GeorgeZimmerman back in court, #ZimmermanTrial resumes soon. #TrayvonMartin pic.twitter.com/p9qMTb1xQ7
 View photo

Orlando SentinelOrlando Sentinel ‏@orlandosentinel 18m
Zimmerman trial: Rulings expected, defense could rest. Video, chat: http://thesent.nl/1949HRJ . Frequently updated story: http://thesent.nl/152kM35
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: July 10, 2013, 09:03:54 AM »

Okay grace-land.  If I can pick up the slack I will.  I will be leaving in about 40 minutes (8:35 a.m. cst) and will be away hopefully no more than an hour and I'll be posting tweets after that.  If it wasn't  a long standing appointment, I would move it.   

Thanks for the quick response!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »

Thanks for the quick response!

You're welcome.  I have a feeling Judge Nelson isn't going to allow for delays, so there might be a lot going on. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: July 10, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
Sidebar is over. Might be time for animation/texts rulings. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin #ZimmermanTrial

Jeff WeinerJeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 4m
@CClampit Court's back in session, no rulings yet.
 View conversation

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  1m 
There was no evidence to support that accusation. 2/2 #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  1m 
Casey  Anthony's attorney was allowed to accuse her father of raping her even though the judge and everyone else knew 1/2 #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  2m 
Could be reversed on appeal if #Zimmermanon9 is convicted and thete could have to be a second trial. It's the theory of defense.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  3m 
@kathic1016 Live stream: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF  | Blog: http://at.wftv.com/14ORrY3  #Zimmermanon9
View conversation     

WFTV legal analyst says if Circuit Judge Debra Nelson does not allow Trayvon's fighting history in as evidence.. She 1/2 #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  5m 
Court is in session and they're at the bench. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  5m 
Attorneys are at the bench talking to Judge Nelson, who walked into the courtroom this morning smiling. #Zimmermanon9
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: July 10, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »

I'm also keeping a window open and reading Andrew Branca's tweets:  https://twitter.com/lawselfdefense although I'm not posting them.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:16 AM »

ooo the defense is using the lemarque case!!!! i know someone on www.legalinsurrection.com emailed MOM the case info
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

July 10, 2013 Tweets

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  55s 
@kathic1016 No problem. You can bookmark them for the rest of #Zimmermanon9 coverage.
View conversation      Reply 

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  2m 
The judge appears to be reading something at the bench. The jury is not in court yet. #Zimmermanon9

A couple of the judge's friends are here in court today. #Zimmermanon9

WFTV Eyewitness News WFTV Eyewitness News ‏@WFTV  3m 
VIDEO: See the contentious late-night end to last night's animation reenactment hearing: http://at.wftv.com/173Xrz8  #Zimmermanon9
Retweeted by Kathi Belich, WFTV 

Last night's hearing ended abruptly amid tension between the judge and the defense. Today She was pleasant with O'Mara. #Zimmermanon9
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: July 10, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »

OMG she isn't letting the phone in, REVERSIBLE error.  im sorry but this judge is so off the mark its ridiculous. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.