March 19, 2024, 02:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #8 7/11/13-7/15/13  (Read 380943 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:12:37 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »

I contend that the Prosecution did a not too bad job of supporting a charge of Manslaughter ... a charge that was not an option until this morning ... a charge the Defence was not afforded an opportunity to defend throughout the trial ... a charge that has the ability to appease the Black community if GZ is found guilty.  What is wrong with this picture?

Janet

Manslaughter has been on the table since the beginning of the trial.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »

salut  Thanks Nut!  Mooooooving along and here we are on thread 8!      

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »

I hope RED makes it over okay 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »

Monkey Devil!

He's probably writing a new front page.  There's plenty of fodder material.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »

July 11, 2013 Tweets

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 5m
@OCCUPYTWITTA No, it's a demontrative aid, not evidence.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 13m
@Christi96685771 Yes, if the judge allows them to continue deliberating on the weekend.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 14m
@eric_hobeck Thanks!!

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »

I had a friend call during closing with a semi emergency. Almost told her no. I need to remember to shut off my phone in the morning.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

Monkey Devil!

He's probably writing a new front page.  There's plenty of fodder material.  

Y'ALL know me so well.    OT, the inventor of the game "TWISTER" passed away. Oh how I loved that game. When games were games before everything became digital.

Yes I made it. Don't even know where to start with all this. I was actually going back and watching the State's opening argument and comparing to the train wreck I just watched. What a difference. I was listening to it to listen to what they promised they were going to provide to the jury. WOW, did they miss the bar.  

Opening Argument: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWVF0vHopfk
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:42:51 PM by Red » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »

Just a suggestion, but perhaps you could do a series on it?       Where you would start, I don't know though.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

It is appears the the Defence was aware from the getgo that the Manslaughter charge and the 2nd Degree Murder charge was a package deal.  This charge concerns me when I consider that the Prosecutor and Judge appear to be thisclose and ... it will be the Judge who will be instructing the jurors prior to deliberations.

Janet

++++++

Zimmerman Jury Will Be Allowed to Consider Lesser Manslaughter Charge
Published: July 11, 2013

In Florida, manslaughter is automatically included as a lesser charge in a second-degree murder case, unless the prosecution asks that it be omitted, and it did not. The defense sought unsuccessfully to strike the lesser offense, hoping to keep pressure on the prosecution to prove murder.

<snipped>

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/us/zimmerman-jury-will-be-allowed-to-consider-lesser-manslaughter-charge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »

The prosecution stated that the jury is supposed to use common sense, OK.

How if Trayvon was being followed by Zimmerman how was it that TM couldn't have hoofed it away from the less than athletic Zimmerman? Unless there was a purposeful confrontation? In my opinion, if TM wanted to get away from GZ, it should not have taken much.

Also, the State is trying to portray GZ as some avenging vigilante. If that were the case and GZ had a gun, he would have blown TM away as he Martin came at him. Not waiting until you are in a scuffle and on the ground being beaten up. You lose the advantage of having a gun the second there is no space between you and your assailant.

Sorry, that's common sense.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »

How if Trayvon was being followed by Zimmerman how was it that TM couldn't have hoofed it away from the less than athletic Zimmerman? Unless there was a purposeful confrontation? In my opinion, if TM wanted to get away from GZ, it should not have taken much.

Also, the State is trying to portray GZ as some avenging vigilante. If that were the case and GZ had a gun, he would have blown TM away as he Martin came at him. Not waiting until you are in a scuffle and on the ground being beaten up. You lose the advantage of having a gun the second there is no space between you and your assailant.

I agree.  However ... until that NOT GUILTY of either charge is rendered by the Jury ... I remain concerned that common sense may not prevail ... may not be the determining factor in regards to the verdict.

Janet

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe ‘taken away from us’
Wed July 10, 2013

The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice. ...

Read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »

July 11, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 11m
#ZimmermanTrial: Pictures from today in court via @OSPhoto's @GaryWGreen | http://bit.ly/15zkG57  #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »

Poll still open so it will change

How did Bernie de la Rionda do?

34% He was persuasive, he made the case

55% Unpersuasive, he left too many holes

9% Withholding judgment until defense gets their turn

2% I don't know / I didn't watch

http://www.hlntv.com/poll/2013/07/11/how-did-bernie-de-la-rionda-do
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »

Sorry to go against the majority and not trying to be argumentive, but I think GZ is guilty of manslaughter.

If he had stayed in his automobile there would have been no confrontation.  TM was not comitting any crime.
He was walking home and he was a minor.

The prosecutor is not gifted in closing statements, but he did get the point across that GZ was the aggressor.
 and became the aggressor the minute he exited his vehicle and went in pursuit of TM.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »

For self-defense defense,  it doesn't matter what happened previously.  It's what's happening right at the time of the shooting.  Wendy Murphy has been trying to explain this in vein all evening. 

We clearly see the injuries on George Zimmerman.  Self defense does not mean just fearing for your life but also great bodily harm.  A broken nose and head trauma. 

Clearly self-defense under the law as written in Florida.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

Sorry to go against the majority and not trying to be argumentive, but I think GZ is guilty of manslaughter.

If he had stayed in his automobile there would have been no confrontation.  TM was not comitting any crime.

The prosecutor is not gifted in closing statements, but he did get the point across that GZ was the aggressor.
 and became the aggressor the minute he exited his vehicle and went in pursuit of TM.

With all due respect, I think a confrontation is not the problem.  GZ  had a right to confront some one who is walking through his neighborhood.  We are not privy to the actual exchange of their language.

I don't really know how you can tell who was the aggressor?   Who hit who first?  I'm not sure we can tell that. But it seems that the blood evidence shows that GZ had the bloody head?  No?

We have heard that TM was on top of GZ in the struggle?

There was a comment about GZ  being a wanna be MMA  fighter.  Get real people, my son and husband are true collegiate wrestlers with many of their friends going on to be MMA wrestlers/ fighters.  He was  in NO NO way an MMA fighter or training to be one.   I know many and if he was, one punch would have taken care of this situation.

Still saying, this jury has quite job ahead.  no winners here.

They better get ready in FL for those Black Panthers coming down.  Sorry to say.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 08:00:21 PM »

Mark Levin BLASTS Zimmerman trial, says judge has been ‘nothing but a disgrace!’
July 11th, 2013

Audio:
http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-blasts-zimmerman-trial-says-judge-has-been-nothing-but-a-disgrace/

_____

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »

You are allowed your opinion.

However, it is not illegal to get out of your vehicle and follow some one. This is exactly the point that the defense was asking the judge to say to the jury in the jury instruction, which she refused to.

Just an example ... near where I live where children play I say an individual who looked some what suspicious and struck me wrong. As I walked closer to them I noticed he was basically watching the children play. He then started to walk away as he saw me coming and I shouted out to them as to what he was doing. Obviously the individual was a perv and who knows what could have happened if I did not chase them away. Had I caught up to them and the individual had come at me in any manner I would have decked him. So who here would have convicted me of assault?

Here is the deal ... there is a fine line between protecting life and property. We always ask the question, what if we had only done this?

Following some one does not make some one an aggressor, its not illegal to do that. There is no law on the book that says it is. However, if some one confronts some one and threatens them. That is a different story.

I am sorry but GZ is hardly the hero type. IMO, if he was to follow the script that the prosecution laid out. GZ would have pulled his gun and shot TM the second that TM came at him. That is what tells me there is "reasonable" doubt to believe that TM did jump GZ.

And thus the reason why no defense or prosecution atty would ever allow me on a jury.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »

For self-defense defense,  it doesn't matter what happened previously.  It's what's happening right at the time of the shooting.  Wendy Murphy has been trying to explain this in vein all evening. 

We clearly see the injuries on George Zimmerman.  Self defense does not mean just fearing for your life but also great bodily harm.  A broken nose and head trauma. 

Clearly self-defense under the law as written in Florida.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.