March 28, 2024, 01:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #8 7/11/13-7/15/13  (Read 381465 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »

July 12, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/Desi_Stennett

(opened conversation)

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 2h
http://yfrog.com/mohwtkrj  Protesters chant for justice outside the Seminole County Courthouse as the #georgezimmerman jury deliberates

J. Roth ‏@JRoth99 26m
@Desi_Stennett That's jury intimidation

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 24m
@JRoth99 I'm sure the jury cant hear. And they have no media access.

J. Roth ‏@JRoth99 16m
@Desi_Stennett Not true, according to one of the HLN commentators outside the court earlier.

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 15m
@JRoth99 which part isn't true? I May be able to clarify
3:19 PM - 12 Jul 13 · Details

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

Jamie Fox is calling for riots etc if GZ walks. He is about as racists as they come.
Decent folks won't riot and destroy. It is the pants on the ground hoodlums who will do it.  Jmo..the hard workers have more sense jmo again

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »

July 12, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

(opened conversation)

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 31m
Judge reads standard ruling: No media, no tweets, no talking to anyone about case. Jury in recess until 9 a.m. #ZimmermanTrial

julz jmh ‏@jmooreharmon 24m
@JeffWeinerOS curious now the trial is over would they talk among themselves about the verdict r they allowed

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 8m
@jmooreharmon Only when they're in the jury room deliberating.
 3:28 PM - 12 Jul 13 · Details

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »

If he was still alive one of these would say No Limit N****

https://twitter.com/Jackiemiles5

Coach Jackie Miles @Jackiemiles5 
if Zimmerman gets off, black folks will riot….  I will loot to show my support

https://twitter.com/ImDa_Shotta

K Woods$$$ @ImDa_Shotta 
Zimmerman win we starting a   riot at DA MALL

https://twitter.com/ItsDCbroo

MoneyBags #GTD @ItsDCbroo 
Its riot if this nigga Zimmerman dont go to jail and    Imma take advantage of it

MoneyBags #GTD ‏@ItsDCbroo 6h @IM__D3   at the end of it all Imma be rich lol 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »

Wonder if the jury has a decision and that is why they went home....announcement tomorrow?

I don't think that they made a decision, yet.  The jury wanted an evidence list today.  So, they'll probably ask for some specific evidence tomorrow during the deliberation.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  32m 
Jury asking to inventory list of evidence by number and description. WATCH LIVE: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF  #Zimmermanon9
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-scene-20130712,0,2192412.story
Zimmerman trial draws dozens to courthouse, Goldsboro
July 12, 2013

(2 pg. article)

SANFORD — About 60 people — not including the media — have been gathered for hours outside the Seminole County criminal courthouse now awaiting the verdict in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial.

The jury launched into deliberations in the high-profile case at 2:30 this afternoon.

At 6 p.m., Seminole Circuit Judge Debra Nelson announced that jurors wanted to end deliberations for the day and would begin again Saturday at 9 a.m.

This afternoon and evening, sign-wavers and others gathered peacefully near a fountain outside the courthouse in an area designated for people to express themselves.

About five miles away at the Goldsboro Welcome Center, about 30 people waited for the verdict and discussing the case of Zimmerman, 29, who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin to death in Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012.

The crowd in both places was mostly calm. A little before 5 p.m., Seminole County deputies briefly interviewed a man who said he works for a Tampa radio show and who engaged in a short yelling match with protesters at the courthouse. He was allowed to return to the group.

Earlier, Chimurenga Waller of the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement showed up with a megaphone but stopped using it at the request of deputies.

Waller was using the device to shout "uhuru'' — Swahili for freedom.

"We come in peace. We're emphasizing peace, but we also understand the issues can't be swept under the rug. We're here to support the people of Sanford ... Even after this case is over our work is just beginning," said James Evans Muhammad, minister of education for the New Black Panther Party.

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: July 12, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »

July 12, 2013 Tweets

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 1m
Thank God for car charges and A working AC both of my cell phones died and I was pretty hot... #thelittlethings. Covering #zimmerman

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 3m
@soundpam everyone I met today was very kind even if they didn't want to talk they were nice so no worries Smile

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 5m
@MACCAPONE that is much appreciated.. these Twitter folks cam get brutal!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »

July 12, 2013 Tweets

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 36s
Today taught me something very important: turn off Twitter text alerts or my phone will be dead in an hour

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/defense-attorney-mark-omara-opens-up-about-influence-of-race-politics-in-zimmerman-case/

Defense Attorney Mark O’Mara Opens Up About Influence of Race & Politics in Zimmerman Case
Posted by Mandy Nagy   
Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:43pm

O’Mara on the issue of civil rights: “Get your crosshairs off George Zimmerman and I will join you.”

In an exclusive interview with CNN’s Martin Savidge, Mark O’Mara – defense attorney for George Zimmerman – opens up and answers some difficult questions, now that the case has gone to the jury.  Below are some of the highlights.

[Savidge's questions noted in bold]

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-talk-trayvon-martin-blackout-0713-20130713,0,452865.story
Social media 'blackout' buzz as jury gets Trayvon Martin case
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram full of opinions, protest
s
July 13, 2013

In recent days, hundreds of thousands of people have been using #Blackout4Trayvon, #JusticeForTrayvon and other hashtags on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to post opinions and arguments and organize rallies and protests. On Facebook, Justice for Trayvon Martin has more than 200,000 likes.

Some have replaced their profile photos on Facebook with a black square or silhouettes depicting Martin in a hoodie. The 17-year-old was wearing a hoodie when he was shot and killed by Zimmerman in February 2012. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

One online protest that has gotten more than 50,000 page views for a national "day of absence." It urges: "If Zimmerman walks, the day after the verdict we are calling for a day of absence, a total national blackout. Call in sick and tired. Call in angry, call in crazy. But call in."

Others have been advocating other "nonviolent action." One person wrote: "Spread the word. We must demonstrate with nonviolent action whether or not justice prevails for Trayvon Martin's murder."

In Chicago, some are using the case to voice their frustration that people aren't more concerned about the heavy toll of killings in the city.

A man from the North Side wrote, in a large black square on his Facebook page: "200 plus people killed already in Chicago (2013) yet we decide to BLACKOUT our profile pics for someone from Florida whom half of us can't even spell his name correctly. RIP Trayvon."

Zimmerman's supporters have taken to social media too.

A Facebook page titled "George Zimmerman is Innocent" has more than 10,000 likes. "God, please see to it that the Jury on this case see the truth and realize that George Zimmerman is Innocent," a posting on the page reads.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »

July 12, 2013

Instructions read to jury by The Honorable Debra S. Nelson, Circuit Judge

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/07/12/Zimmerman_Final_Jury_Instructions.pdf
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »

Please note, the  are live trademark applications, not registered yet.

not sure that is HER address of someone she knows but if you input the addy into google and map view, then street view , circle around the way it lets you rotate the view......Big Ass Limo outside 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2013, 07:58:38 PM »

I usually avoid shopping there but on blackout day I'm going to Walmart and Target. It will be nice to be able to walk around and shop.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »

not sure that is HER address of someone she knows but if you input the addy into google and map view, then street view , circle around the way it lets you rotate the view......Big Ass Limo outside 

How many trash cans full of money do you think it cost?
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #414 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »

Well they did get that million dollar settlement from the Home Owners Assoc.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

July 12, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS 46m
PDF: Here are is verdict form jurors will use when they reach a decision in the #ZimmermanTrial: http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/VERDICT_FORMS_x007E_FINAL.pdf … #GeorgeZimmerman

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2013, 09:02:03 PM »

I don't like these people. I do not like anyone who profits from their child's death.
I know they are suffering from the loss of their son, but they also see $$$$$ signs.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »

Mark O'Mara takes the high road when it comes to any criticism of the Judge.  Why?

1.  Judge Nelson denied crucial text evidence that could have gone a long way to squash the Prosecution's assertion that TM was an innocent child who was walking home after the purchase of candy when he encountered big bad wannabe detective GZ.

2.  The judge denied the Defence's request to take the Manslaughter charge off the table.  Considering the Prosecution failed to present a convincing 2nd Degree Murder case ... the Manslaughter charge may be a safe fall back option for the jury in the rendering of a verdict ... the jury that may be feeling the heat of the Black community that would explode if GZ was acquitted.

Aside from the portion regarding the Judge ... I did appreciate the following Martin Savidge interview with Mark O’Mara in its entirety.

H/T Grace

Janet

+++++

Defense Attorney Mark O’Mara Opens Up About Influence of Race & Politics in Zimmerman Case
Friday, July 12, 2013

In an exclusive interview with CNN’s Martin Savidge, Mark O’Mara – defense attorney for George Zimmerman – opens up and answers some difficult questions, now that the case has gone to the jury.  Below are some of the highlights.

<snipped>

O’Mara had some criticisms of prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda’s discovery perspective.  But as an attorney who has “known Judge Debra Nelson for years,” he has a great deal of respect for her.  “She doesn’t hate me or the defense,” he said.  .....

Video:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/defense-attorney-mark-omara-opens-up-about-influence-of-race-politics-in-zimmerman-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »

I don't like these people. I do not like anyone who profits from their child's death.
I know they are suffering from the loss of their son, but they also see $$$$$ signs.

agree and I'll leave it at that lest I say something ugly about a grieving family

Challapalca him!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »

You know, when the trial for the POS who killed Shaniya Davis was going on, I don't recall The Black Panthers, Sharpton, Jackson or anyone else, except for local folks . . . coming around and demanding justice.  I recall no one threatening riots if justice wasn't served.  That child deserved justice as much as anyone I can think of . . . and still does, for her POS mother has not been tried yet.
off my soap box

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.