March 28, 2024, 11:02:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trial of George Zimmerman in the Death of Trayvon Martin #8 7/11/13-7/15/13  (Read 381452 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »

State never proved its case, legal analysts say

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/13/3499114/state-never-proved-its-case-legal.html#storylink=cpy

After five weeks of trial and 56 witnesses, few legal observers believed prosecutors came close to proving Sanford neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman committed second-degree murder when he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in February 2012.
So for many legal analysts, it was no surprise that jurors rejected even a lesser “compromise” verdict of manslaughter, acquitting Zimmerman outright of all criminal charges and deciding he acted in a reasonable way to protect his own life.
The acquittal was a stinging blow for prosecutors and their decision to file the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman, who was not initially arrested by Sanford police after claiming self-defense. And it was a resounding embrace of the defense’s strategy during closing arguments not just to establish that prosecutors hadn’t proven Zimmerman guilty, but also to show he was “absolutely” innocent.

Jude M. Faccidomo, the former president of Miami’s Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers said the jury clearly believed in the right to self-defense: “Especially when cases are so gray, like this one was, self-defense really resonates because people can associate with being afraid.”
And while some also have questioned the state attorney’s office acceptance of a mostly white jury, a more diverse panel would have returned the same verdict, lawyers who have watched the case believe.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #821 on: July 14, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »

It's starting......

http://twitchy.com/2013/07/14/kill-pigs-anti-cop-vandals-in-oakland-riot-smash-windows-burn-flags-over-zimmerman-verdict-photosvideo/

‘Kill pigs’: Anti-cop vandals in Oakland riot, smash windows, burn flags over Zimmerman verdict [photos,video]
Posted at 3:16 am on July 14, 2013 by Twitchy Staff

It begins. And of course, it’s Oakland. The anti-police agitators there have used any excuse to break things, disrupt what little peace is left in that overrun city, and incur huge taxpayer and business owner expenses.

Challapalca him!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #822 on: July 14, 2013, 07:32:21 AM »

There is one thing that no one has touched yet with regards to what was learned from this case, especially when it comes to the jury and jury deliberations. It was actually a biggy.

We are always told that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. The theory behind that is men are ruled by facts and women from emotion. The rule of thumb of every legal pundit is that the 6 female jurors were going to act like mom's and emotion would take precedent. When the prosecution gave their closing arguments it was 100% based on emotion, not fact, not evidence, not anything.

I think they thought they could get away with this in presenting their non-factual case and just sympathies to the female jury.

Boy they could not have been  any more wrong. I always thought it was rather demeaning for all the pundits saying that the women could not be objective.

This is going to change how juries are profiled for years to come.

Good post, Red!   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: July 14, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »

Derrick Coleman former NBA player;

https://twitter.com/44TheLegend

Derrick Coleman ‏@44TheLegend    I guess they paying us back for O.J.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: July 14, 2013, 07:58:53 AM »

July 14, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/jeffweineros

BuzzFeed News ‏@BuzzFeedNews 4h
LAPD declares tactical alert citywide after Zimmerman verdict http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-20130713-lapd-declares-tactical-alert-citywide-amid-zimmerman-verdict,0,3824469.story
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

John Alston ‏@JohnAlstonABC7 4h
Windows shattered at Oakland Tribune on Broadway and 20th. pic.twitter.com/4iq2ZyN7gs
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 4h
"@KarlEtters: Rally at the Florida Capitol shows no signs of letting up pic.twitter.com/sTaplQafpY"
 Retweeted by Jeff Weiner

NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 5h
BREAKING: Smashed windows downtown #Oakland CA. as protestors march, angry about #TrayvonMartin verdict -@deboraktvu pic.twitter.com/0WPUsKGEvX

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: July 14, 2013, 08:12:40 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/us/protesters-gather-in-a-handful-of-cities.html?_r=0
Protesters Gather in a Handful of Cities
July 14, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO — Protesters angered by the acquittal of George Zimmerman held largely peaceful demonstrations in three California cities, but broke windows and started small street fires Oakland, police said.
The gatherings Saturday night ranged from a few dozen to a couple hundred people turning out to protest the verdict in the Florida courtroom over the death of Trayvon Martin, and police said some of the demonstrations continued into the early hours Sunday.

Small demonstrations also took place in a handful of cities in Florida, as well as in Atlanta, Washington and New York.

The Oakland police dispatch office said about 100 people protested, with some in the crowd breaking windows on businesses and starting small fires in the streets. As the protest wound down with the crowd dispersing, the office said that as of 2 a.m. P.D.T. it had no word of any arrests.

Local media reports said some Oakland marchers vandalized a police squad car and police formed a line to block the protesters’ path.

The Oakland Tribune said some windows on the newspaper’s downtown offices were broken, and footage from a television helicopter show people attempting to start fires in the street and spray painting anti-police graffiti.

Protesters also reportedly burned an American and a California state flag and spray painted Alameda County’s Davidson courthouse.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: July 14, 2013, 08:15:55 AM »

Jose Baez is on Fox morning show. Putting my tin hat on here, but for once he is making sense.
He spoke of President Obama speaking out on this case and how wrong it was that he spoke out on this case.

I think that the jury got this one right. The prosecution did not have enough evidence.
And what was with Angela Corey donning her Oscar acceptance outfit? Geez! She looked ridiculous.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: July 14, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »

July 14, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/Desi_Stennett

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 5h
"@KarlEtters: Rally at the Florida Capitol shows no signs of letting up pic.twitter.com/sTaplQafpY"

"@brandanCraft: They're marching already in the A...be careful my friends."

"@MicahGrimes: LAPD on modified tactical alert, amid #TrayvonMartin protest; some ofcs. stay over their shifts - @RobertFaturechi"

Orlando Sentinel ‏@orlandosentinel 6h
George Zimmerman 'not guilty' verdict shocks demonstrators http://thesent.nl/15cbkKz
 Retweeted by Desiree Stennett

Lynn Waddell ‏@FringeFlorida 6h
This Is Not A Video Of People Rioting Over The George Zimmerman Verdict http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/this-is-not-a-video-of-people-rioting-over-the-george-zimmer … via @ellievhall #zimmermantrial #trayvon
 V
 Jon Passantino ‏@passantino 5h
Live video: Protesters in Oakland attack police car in street after Zimmerman verdict http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/live

NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 5h
BREAKING: Smashed windows downtown #Oakland CA. as protestors march, angry about #TrayvonMartin verdict -@deboraktvu pic.twitter.com/0WPUsKGEvX

RT:NOW: Demonstrators allegedly trash police car during Oakland CA protest over George Zimmerman verdict - @susie_c pic.twitter.com/0uSLOnHBT6"

"@fineout: Sounds like the march/protest in Tally early this a.m. may have been one of the larger ones that happened tonite in the country"

ABC News ‏@ABC 5h
.@abc7newsBayArea: Vandals smashed a window during a march through Oakland to protest the George Zimmerman verdict pic.twitter.com/ssevASC0nn

Desiree Stennett ‏@Desi_Stennett 6h
@queenjaci I'm just waiting to see what happens in the coming weeks. If people will move on quickly or dwell on it a while...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: July 14, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »

Everyone, please notice the 5h & 6h notes on the tweets above.  They were posted five and six hours ago.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: July 14, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »

Everyone, please notice the 5h & 6h notes on the tweets above.  They were posted five and six hours ago.

Sorry.  I meant they were tweeted (not posted) five and six hours ago. 

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:40 AM »

IS THIS TRUE   
Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear
The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: July 14, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »

Jose Baez is on Fox morning show. Putting my tin hat on here, but for once he is making sense.
He spoke of President Obama speaking out on this case and how wrong it was that he spoke out on this case.

I think that the jury got this one right. The prosecution did not have enough evidence.
And what was with Angela Corey donning her Oscar acceptance outfit? Geez! She looked ridiculous.
ITA 
 It seems like in this case down was up and up was down  and nothing previously believed was correct. I found myself agreeing with pundits I despised.
People I thought I knew were spewing venom..... and not even realizing it. I am relieved the trial is over,. The difficult part now begins for all parties, and that is picking up the pieces and trying to move forward.. Glad to see the explosion of protests not happening. I figured it was all hype and drama ....The idea of a federal suit is beyond crazy...
I admire Sybrina Fulton and for the way she conducted herself with class and grace and as the mother of a dead child I choose not to judge her for not being there for the verdict. She has been thru the ultimate and is beyond judgement in my eyes.....

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: July 14, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »

IS THIS TRUE   
Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html

The revelation about the suspension in October, in a school report obtained by the Herald, was condemned today by Trayvon's family as part of a campaign to smear their dead son.

The boy's mother said: 'They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation.'

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »

Sharpton wanted a trial. Now that there is a verdict he does not like he is whining about the DOJ and civil rights violations. I have hate and ill will towards Sharpton.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: July 14, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »

IS THIS TRUE   

The revelation about the suspension in October, in a school report obtained by the Herald, was condemned today by Trayvon's family as part of a campaign to smear their dead son.

The boy's mother said: 'They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation.'

Blonde...It was all true and more from what I have heard and read about this case. The judge did not allow a lot of things in about Trayvon.
A lot of stuff will come out now that was suppressed before and during the trial about Trayvon.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: July 14, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

Sharpton wanted a trial. Now that there is a verdict he does not like he is whining about the DOJ and civil rights violations. I have hate and ill will towards Sharpton.   

Me too.
He should come to Rockford. Every  day it seems that blacks are being shot and killed by other blacks. Oh wait, those black people are not worthy of his attention? Why? Because other blacks are the shooters? He is no civil rights leader. He is a media whore who makes money off of dead people's demise.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: July 14, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »

They are shooting each other up to the north of me and to the south of me.. every day...young teens   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Reports of suspensions paint more complicated picture of Trayvon Martin
Family attorney: ''Everyone trying to demonize" Sanford shooting victim
March 26, 2012

SANFORD — Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school in October in an incident in which he was found in possession of women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that a schools security staffer described as a “burglary tool,” The Miami Herald has learned.

Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

<snipped>

According to the report, on Oct. 21 staffers monitoring a security camera at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School spotted Trayvon and two other students writing “W.T.F.,” an acronym for “What the f---,” on a hallway locker, according to schools police. The security employee, who knew Trayvon, confronted the teen and looked through his bag for the graffiti marker.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described the screwdriver as a burglary tool.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry, which was mostly women’s rings and earrings, belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

“Martin was suspended, warned and dismissed for the graffiti,” according to the report prepared by Miami-Dade Schools Police.

That suspension was followed four months later by another one, in February, in which Trayvon was caught with an empty plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it, the boy’s family’s attorney has confirmed. A schools police report obtained by The Miami Herald specifies two items: a bag with marijuana residue and a “marijuana pipe.”

The suspension was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also acknowledged Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.

<snipped>

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/sfl-reports-of-suspensions-paint-more-complicated-picture-of-trayvon-martin-20120326_1_suspensions-jewelry-report

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »

There is one thing that no one has touched yet with regards to what was learned from this case, especially when it comes to the jury and jury deliberations. It was actually a biggy.

We are always told that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. The theory behind that is men are ruled by facts and women from emotion. The rule of thumb of every legal pundit is that the 6 female jurors were going to act like mom's and emotion would take precedent. When the prosecution gave their closing arguments it was 100% based on emotion, not fact, not evidence, not anything.

I think they thought they could get away with this in presenting their non-factual case and just sympathies to the female jury.

Boy they could not have been  any more wrong. I always thought it was rather demeaning for all the pundits saying that the women could not be objective.

This is going to change how juries are profiled for years to come.

A few sayings come to mind...
"Never underestimate the power of a woman"

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

I totally agree... the prosecution counted on tugging at those female jurors heartstrings....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.